Greater availability of xbox 360 promised

atheist_uberboy

CAGiversary!
Cut from the press release at shacknews.com

Microsoft Corp. today announced the broader availability of Xbox 360™ consoles and provided details about the new games and entertainment experiences available to gamers this season.

Beginning this week, Microsoft will distribute two to three times the number of Xbox 360 consoles to the retail channel weekly. With component supplies in full production and third manufacturing partner Celestica Inc. now producing the next-generation console along with partners Wistron Corp. and Flextronics Corp., Microsoft is producing more Xbox 360 consoles than ever.

"Today we have turned a major corner," said Peter Moore, corporate vice president of the Interactive Entertainment Business in the Entertainment and Devices Division at Microsoft. “With more consoles on their way to retail, 80 games available by June, and new content and experiences coming to Xbox Live® all the time, there has never been a better time to own an Xbox 360."

[quote name='botticus']Did he happen to say if they're working on ramping up production in Japan as well?[/quote]

I was under the impression that 360's were in a surplus in Japan.

[quote name='neocisco']I was under the impression that 360's were in a surplus in Japan.[/QUOTE]
I thought people were just buying up GameCubes there until there were enough 360s for everyone to buy at once. They're a very selfless people over there.

[quote name='atheist_uberboy']
Beginning this week, Microsoft will distribute two to three times the number of Xbox 360 consoles to the retail channel weekly.[/QUOTE]

So that means 10 consoles weekly instead of 3 or 4?

[quote name='Dead of Knight']So that means 10 consoles weekly instead of 3 or 4?[/QUOTE]

Well, 0 x 3 is still 0... at least that's how it seems around here.

Maybe they mean they will be shipping more core's, since when I have seen a 360, that's all I see.

Im guessing this is taking effect everywhere? The only 360 i ever saw on a shelf for sale was a core at target, and that was in january.

Today i went to pick up Oblivion, and i stopped by target, which had 12 premiums, Wal mart, which had 4 premiums, and best buy which had well over 20 premiums, im impressed, nice to see 360 development seeing some progress.

Got the last copy or CE oblivion at BB btw

I been seeing Premiums in stock now. Holidays are tough when you rush a system out, then say a number that you cant reach, cut that in half, and dont come close to reaching the demand for the product. I dont think as many people are looking for 360s as they were when it was the holdiays. Even though there been a bucnh of good games coming out as of late.

bread's done
Back