Greatest Hits: Rumble or No?

furyk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
28 (100%)
Anyone else think that the greatest hits versions of Virtua Fighter 5, Resistance, and Motorstorm will include rumble or do you think the developers won't go back and add in rumble?

I hope they refine rumbling once they put it back into the PS3 controllers. I read somewhere that the new Immersion rumbling tech will somehow be different from the current rumble technology.

I personally disliked rumbling ever since the N64. It always felt like exactly what they were, crappy little motors beneath your hands spinning.

But I thought they had to remove the rumble because it wouldn't work with the stole motion tech in the controler!

Oh yeah thats just a Sony ly.

[quote name='David85']But I thought they had to remove the rumble because it wouldn't work with the stole motion tech in the controler!

Oh yeah thats just a Sony ly.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, Sony was just too stuck up to pay the Immersion at first so they came up with the first excuse they could think of.

[quote name='whoknows']Yeah, Sony was just too stuck up to pay the Immersion at first so they came up with the first excuse they could think of.[/quote]

You mean every excuse in the book that they could think of. Ahh the joy of looking back at comments such as these:

Rumble is so last gen :roll:
Gamers don't want rumble :lol:

etc.

[quote name='David85']But I thought they had to remove the rumble because it wouldn't work with the stole motion tech in the controler!

Oh yeah thats just a Sony ly.[/QUOTE]
Why the fuck are you back?

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3157889

1UP: We have one question we have to ask you before we go. A couple days ago you resolved the Immersion/Sony case. What does that mean for PlayStation gamers? After months and months of "well the controller's great because it's really lite" and now rumble is going to make it a little heaver. I mean, that's a bit of a PR nightmare to sort of have backed away from a tech and now saying, "We're all back together again so it's OK".
Harrison: First of all, we've just kissed and made up. We've just settled our differences. And, as we've said in the announcements, we're looking at ways to work together. And it's genuine; those really are the intentions. As to previous statements that I made, what do you expect me to say? We were in a lawsuit; we were in litigation. Of course I have to defend our view. And you know, actually, I still truly believe having the SIXAXIS controller, the way it is, is the best way to control games. We're looking forward to working with Immersion going forward, and who knows where that will lead us.

I like Phil.

[quote name='furyk']Anyone else think that the greatest hits versions of Virtua Fighter 5, Resistance, and Motorstorm will include rumble or do you think the developers won't go back and add in rumble?[/QUOTE]
Am I the only one whose played several hours of MotorStorm and thinks it would be a nightmare with rumble? F1 I agree with, but MotorStorm would just be CONSTANT rumble, to the point of annoyance and hand numbness.

[quote name='ViolentLee']Am I the only one whose played several hours of MotorStorm and thinks it would be a nightmare with rumble? F1 I agree with, but MotorStorm would just be CONSTANT rumble, to the point of annoyance and hand numbness.[/quote]
Lol that is kind of true.

fuck this.. so pretty much we can expect to consider our SIXAxis controllers as "obsolete" as soon as Sony releases the DUALSIXAXISHOCK Bluetooth controllers?.. :cry:

Damn.. I still have the 2nd one unnopenned.. will GameStop take it back and give me credit/refund ?.. :roll:

[quote name='ViolentLee']Am I the only one whose played several hours of MotorStorm and thinks it would be a nightmare with rumble? F1 I agree with, but MotorStorm would just be CONSTANT rumble, to the point of annoyance and hand numbness.[/QUOTE]

True, but I'd rather be able to turn it off then not have it at all. Motorstorm is one of the few games I've played period where I actually think Rumble would make a difference in the experience.

[quote name='Diesel151']fuck this.. so pretty much we can expect to consider our SIXAxis controllers as "obsolete" as soon as Sony releases the DUALSIXAXISHOCK Bluetooth controllers?.. :cry:

Damn.. I still have the 2nd one unnopenned.. will GameStop take it back and give me credit/refund ?.. :roll:

.[/QUOTE]

You bought a $600 paperweight and only now feel like you got ripped off?

[quote name='David85']You bought a $600 paperweight and only now feel like you got ripped off?[/quote]

Wow... go home.

To bad you cant!

[quote name='David85']You bought a $600 paperweight and only now feel like you got ripped off?[/quote]

It's a $600 portable room-size heater and grill thank you very much.

[quote name='H.Cornerstone']It's a $600 portable room-size heater and grill thank you very much.[/QUOTE]

Ohhh it's supposed to be a grill, mine must be broken, normal Sony product.

[quote name='David85']You bought a $600 paperweight and only now feel like you got ripped off?[/QUOTE]

You paid X amount of money for whatever console you own, but spend time on the PS3 board? Good job! I suggest you find a better console to occupy your time.

I think adding rumble to future editions of the same game is entirely possible. Just look at how quick they ported and added rumble to GTA Vice City Stories for PS2.

Actually I don't feel "ripped off" at all.. as I see it.. even if stripped of all gaming functionality.. I still have the greatest BluRay Player available at the moment.. for around $300 less than the next best thing.. :cool:

So with that alone, I'm more than happy with my purchase..

but nonetheless I just find it really annoying that less than six months after release the controllers incluided with our consoles could be seen as "outdated".. specially taking into consideration the fact that I have an extra one.. and that pretty much this very nice feature that could be enabled back again soon.. will be out of reach unless I spring for a "new" controller.. :roll:

I guess that it is the same feeling of being "cheated" that Xbox360 owners felt when they realized that to have backward compatibility they had to pay $100 for 25gb of storage.. or better yet.. how they would feel if the rumors of a "redesinged" 360 came true.. and suddenly they saw that their HDMI-less consoles are old stuff..

bread's done
Back