Green Day Rock Band Amazon DotD $30 Wii $40 PS3 & XB360

I agree with your first sentence, OP. I'm totally waiting for $10-20. I think the only song I really totally like is "When I Come Around." So that's all I'd basically get it for. Export fun ahoy!

:drool:[quote name='m00nyoze']I agree with your first sentence, OP. I'm totally waiting for $10-20. I think the only song I really totally like is "When I Come Around." So that's all I'd basically get it for. Export fun ahoy![/QUOTE]

omg, are you kidding?

americsn idiot, bbb, know your enemy, 21 guns,

i hope the get a pro mode on rockband 3

[quote name='heyheyhey11']americsn idiot, bbb, know your enemy, 21 guns,[/QUOTE]

...are great examples of what went wrong with this game. OK, so they put in all of Dookie, which is great... then a grand total of 7 songs from Insomniac, Nimrod, and Warning combined, and finish it off with an overload of songs from their two albums of questionable worth? You're entitled to your opinion, but even my die-hard Green Day fan of a girlfriend was disappointed upon discovering the setlist.

Not paying this price.

Yeah a little too much for me..i'll wait for $20 or less.

and on the Green Day as a band and whether or not they sucked after Dookie: look, they have been around for almost 20 years now, they still rock hardcore. I was 24 when American Idiot came out at the end of my 'punk' phase, practically growing up from 16-23 with the best Punk music to come out ever from tons of different bands, sprouting Emo, Pop-Punk, Alt-Punk, everything. American Idiot was a brilliant album, the notorious 'Rock Opera' I played that disc over and over again to help me out with a depressing break up. Jesus of Suburbia is easily one of my top 3 songs. Yeah, the album after that wasn't as good, but supposedly they are working on something a-kin to American Idiot, so we'll see how that goes. But I think they remain one of the better bands of the past and continue to make great effort with everything they put out.

Such a great number of sings to play. Only things that was bothering me was that two other great song

Know your enemy and 21 guns were dlc and I bought it. I recently bought this at out local tru. But given there are
So many available elsewhere like my target, I assume it will drop further. That's why I kept the receipt and will return if I find one at a lower price.

Green Day was garbage to me as soon as they started wearing eyeliner and turned the punk image into glampop. I'll get the game at $10-20, since the Rock Band games are fun easy achievements and will one day help me break my drums so that I will never buy any of these games again.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']...are great examples of what went wrong with this game. OK, so they put in all of Dookie, which is great... then a grand total of 7 songs from Insomniac, Nimrod, and Warning combined, and finish it off with an overload of songs from their two albums of questionable worth? You're entitled to your opinion, but even my die-hard Green Day fan of a girlfriend was disappointed upon discovering the setlist.

Not paying this price.[/QUOTE]
Agree with this for the most part. I'm a big Green Day fan and enjoy all of their albums, but by far my favorites are Nimrod and Warning, so it was like a gut punch that one of my favorite bands gets their own game but none of my favorite songs are on it. :/

American Idiot is a solid album, I have no issue with that being there. But 21st Century Breakdown and even Dookie are pretty uneven, and hardly cried out to be included in their entirety. 5-6 tracks from each would have been great, and that would have made room for more of the best tracks from Insomniac, Nimrod, and Warning.

maybe it's just me,. but I found American Idiot and 21st Centruy Breakdown to be my 2 fav. albums.

I can't help but love Geek Stink Breath, Longview, Brain Stew, Warning, etc...

but overall, 21stCB and AI are 2 albums i can listen to in my car and just enjoy a nice drive with singing aloud.

Maybe not the best for all GD fans, but i like the more melodramatic songs instead of in your face abrasive ones like Jaded...regardless if "punk" is how GD should sound

OK, to clarify: I don't have any deep hatred for American Idiot or 21st Century Breakdown. It does sadden me, though, that three albums that I (and many others) prefer were almost totally ignored in favor of leaning heavily towards new Green Day, instead of doing their entire career some respect by more evenly covering it.

But I'm not here to argue about Green Day, I'm here to pinch pennies, so this is the last I'll say on the matter.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']OK, to clarify: I don't have any deep hatred for American Idiot or 21st Century Breakdown. It does sadden me, though, that three albums that I (and many others) prefer were almost totally ignored in favor of leaning heavily towards new Green Day, instead of doing their entire career some respect by more evenly covering it.

But I'm not here to argue about Green Day, I'm here to pinch pennies, so this is the last I'll say on the matter.[/QUOTE]

I respect your statement, but have you considered that maybe Green Day requested all of their last 2 albums to be in the game and only a select few from the older ones?

[quote name='jcp42877']I respect your statement, but have you considered that maybe Green Day requested all of their last 2 albums to be in the game and only a select few from the older ones?[/QUOTE]
I have no doubt that they did, or even if it wasn't their idea originally, I'm sure the band had final signoff on the tracklist. Doesn't change the fact that doing it that way crowded out albums that some fans like just as much or better.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Pretty terrible DOTD price. They were selling the 360 version for $45 before this.[/QUOTE]

This.

I'll give you 10 bucks to play Dookie.

They need an option to make it overwrite the 2 new albums with Dookie or something, so I'd never have to hear them.

Picked up GD:RB+ on clearance for $10 a while back. As a guy who heard Dookie when it was popular and pretty much nothing else, I'd recommend a $10-20 purchase well enough. But $40 is way too much.

American Idiot was truly a great great album and the band definitely took their shit to the next level. I think the immense popularity of that album, and Green Day's rebirth with their gimmicked outfits and eye makeup is what really started to push people away from them as the masses clung to them.

I've been listening to Green Day for the past 15 years and Dookie + an assortment of other songs off the albums that followed is really basically a greatest hits for them. And like I said, American Idiot was a brilliant album through and through. So Dookie + other songs + American Idiot = Perfect sense.

As for the inclusion of the 21st Century Breakdown, I've got to be honest and say I haven't listened to that album because even though American Idiot was a great album, I got tired of the pop-culture Green Day overload that was a result of it.

If the track list was to be more rounded, they probably should have done Dookie + Insomniac + American Idiot + 21st Century Breakdown + an assortment of other hit singles. I think that would have given the game the best selection of Green Day through their two biggest phases of popularity.

It would be kind of cool if they snuck some The Network and Foxboro Hot Tubs on there though.

No songs from Kerplunk? Come on. What's the point of a career retrospective if it focuses so heavily on two albums, barely grazes over the albums between those two, and completely ignores anything that came out prior to them?

[quote name='SaveFarris']where?!?[/QUOTE]

Best Buy. As always, Best Buy clearances are YMMV, and different for every store.

I picked this up at the pawn shop for $8 about a month after it came out. Code still intact. I love Green Day, American Idiot is one of my favorite albums..but it's a very lazy 'Band' game. All there is are songs pretty much, not a lot of extra stuff for fans like Beatles or Metallica.

At $20, it's worth it just for the export code, though.

bread's done
Back