Green day rock band gamestop preorder Free export code

James1221

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
If you preorder online or intore you should receive a code via email so essentially you can get the code, use it, and then return the game?

I'm hoping this is so because i don't really care for them and i enjoy having extra songs for friends to play.

Last edited by a moderator:
gage, I think you're wrong. I was told that if you pre-order it @ gamestop you get a free export code. Wrong part of the forums by the way and be prepared for flaming

[quote name='gage006']You can't return it if you open the package. You need the disc to export.[/QUOTE]

Are you entirely sure? I've entered the export codes onto my XBL account and have been able to re-download the songs by looking at my download history on XBL. I've done this with Rockband, Lego Rockband, and AC/DC Rockband. I'm guessing this promo comes with every new copy of the game.

Nope, not entirely sure. Just from what I remember with RB1 to RB2, it just copied the songs from your disc to your drive. I could be completely wrong though.

it comes with instore and online pre orders. the only way to get it in the packaging for free is by buying the plus edition. 10-15 dollars to transfer songs if you just buy the game non pre order.

[quote name='gage006']Nope, not entirely sure. Just from what I remember with RB1 to RB2, it just copied the songs from your disc to your drive. I could be completely wrong though.[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking that as long as you do it with the disc the first time, you have the ability to download the content without it in the future.

[quote name='gage006']Nope, not entirely sure. Just from what I remember with RB1 to RB2, it just copied the songs from your disc to your drive. I could be completely wrong though.[/QUOTE]

well for AC/DC you just entered the code, and it's available in your download list.
For Lego Rock Band you had to have the disc inside to activate and purchase the code. Once the code was purchased, you downloaded the songs (not export), and they stay in your download list.

[quote name='Tony208']lol $60 MSRP, they do know the market is dying right?[/QUOTE]

I agree with you, ridiculous. They should have offered a similar deal like Guitar Hero 5 had last year. Buy Rockband 3 within the first month and get Greenday Rockband for free when it comes out. Aside from the Beatles, I have a hard time purchasing any single band inspired games. At least the export code is available.

I seem to remember not needing the disk for AC/DC, Metal Pack and Country Pack. Redeem the code and it downloads the songs from the internet. (At least this is the case with the code on the back of the instruction manual).

Agreed, the only reason I bought Guitar Hero 5 was because of the multiple deals they had going on ie. free Van Halen or $60 for guitar kit etc.

Is anybody here dying to play Green Day Rock Band anyway? I'm considering pre-ordering it, getting the code, returning it unopened, then buying a used copy in a week or two when they inevitably show up and use the code then. Once I use it, I'll just return the game to gamestop.

If you've got to rent the game to get the export code to work, you might as well just hit up the rental store on day one to get their code. Unless you're self-conscious or think someone else might use the code from the rental store, it's a huge waste of effort.

1-Pre-Order the game(if the code is emailed to you after pre-order, skip step 2)
2-Buy the game and get your code
3-Rent the game from local game store
4-Use code
5-Return game unopened
6-???????????
7-Profit

Am I doing it right?

[quote name='myl0r']1-Pre-Order the game(if the code is emailed to you after pre-order, skip step 2)
4-Use code
5-Return game unopened
6-???????????
7-Profit

Am I doing it right?[/QUOTE]

For bonus points, use the export code from the rental store for more profit. If it comes with another one like the Lego one did.

How do you get a code off a rental copy? I thought the export codes were in the instruction manuals, which rental copies normally don't have.

I wish amazon would match this offer and do the $10 gift card. It would make the purchase a lot easier. I hate giving money to Crookstop.

[quote name='bg2001']for exporting - do you need the original rock band disc to play the exported song? if so, do you need rock band 1 or 2?[/QUOTE]

You need Rock Band 2.

[quote name='myl0r']1-Pre-Order the game(if the code is emailed to you after pre-order, skip step 2)
4-Use code
5-Return game unopened
6-???????????
7-Profit

Am I doing it right?[/QUOTE]

no. i dont care about a profit; i only want the songs and no game. i refuse to give them money for it.

[quote name='Poshbishounen']For bonus points, use the export code from the rental store for more profit. If it comes with another one like the Lego one did.[/QUOTE]
That's what the ????????? is for ;)
[quote name='James1221']no. i dont care about a profit; i only want the songs and no game. i refuse to give them money for it.[/QUOTE]
I was kidding. If you get the code for pre-ordering, when you return the game you get the money that you put down for a pre-order. So you don't profit, you simply break even.

[quote name='Tony208']lol $60 MSRP, they do know the market is dying right?[/QUOTE]
It is getting as bad as Madden. Buying an update every year at full price.

[quote name='lllGurulll']It is getting as bad as Madden. Buying an update every year at full price.[/QUOTE]

How much would these songs cost if you bought them individually? Over $90, you say? But buying Green Day Rock Band gets you an extra game with Achievements & Green Day stuff and you can export the songs to Rock Band 2? Wow, that makes it seem like a deal for Green Day fans.

[quote name='eastx']How much would these songs cost if you bought them individually? Over $90, you say? But buying Green Day Rock Band gets you an extra game with Achievements & Green Day stuff and you can export the songs to Rock Band 2? Wow, that makes it seem like a deal for Green Day fans.[/QUOTE]
Don't care. The price point for these games, as well as Madden, should be $39.99 or less.

Keep in mind, the people buying this Green Day game most likely already have all the songs so now they are double dipping.

It's true, you most likely won't need the disc to export. The only time you ever did was for Rock Band 1. Classic Rock Track Pack, Lego Rock Band, & AC/DC Track Pack didn't need the disc to be exported, just the code.

Anyone with the PS3 version of Lego Rock band try gamesharing the export pack?

The gamesharing on the PS3 is an awesome way to split the cost DLC/games.

[quote name='intoxicated662']gage, I think you're wrong. I was told that if you pre-order it @ gamestop you get a free export code. Wrong part of the forums by the way and be prepared for flaming[/QUOTE]

I exported a bunch of stuff i think i just enter the code in the dashboard and it downloads. If i am wrong sorry but some reason i feel strongly that i did not need the discs just rock band 2 disc to play them.

[quote name='lllGurulll']...
Keep in mind, the people buying this Green Day game most likely already have all the songs so now they are double dipping.[/QUOTE]

I believe you are mistaken, there aren't many Green Day songs currently available on RB2..

edit: 6 Green Day songs are available thru DLC in RB2...none of which are on Green Day Rock Band

Last edited by a moderator:
Its been a while but from what I remember of Lego Rock Band. You needed to enter some export code onto the Rock Band website. This gives you another code to enter into the game's main menu, at which point you also had to pay $5-15 to actually import the songs off the disc. Which is why I'm not sure exactly what the gamestop pre-order is. Just the code isn't very helpful.

It's overwhelmingly likely that they want you to have to open up, use the disc and the instruction manual code to prove you bought one, instead of how they did it in Rock Band 1.

Is this game going to be really easy? Green Day just uses the same 3 or 4 power cords over and over don't they? Not dissing the band - I love em. :)

[quote name='adamantypants']Is anybody here dying to play Green Day Rock Band anyway? I'm considering pre-ordering it, getting the code, returning it unopened, then buying a used copy in a week or two when they inevitably show up and use the code then. Once I use it, I'll just return the game to gamestop.[/QUOTE]

This is what i plan to do...

Will this be like the Beatles game? I'll be on the outlook for this and see about deals on it.

[quote name='h2dk']I believe you are mistaken, there aren't many Green Day songs currently available on RB2..

edit: 6 Green Day songs are available thru DLC in RB2...none of which are on Green Day Rock Band[/QUOTE]

Green Day: Rock Band Plus includes a free export code and all the previous Green Day DLC for an extra $10.

The Rock Band 1 export was ripped from the disc after purchasing the unlock key and you could delete individual songs from your hard drive. Every other export is one big DLC pack unlocked via a code in the manual. The code is entered in the game and the songs are added to your queue. It is not a 25 digit XBL code or a 12 digit PSN code, it is a unique code that requires the game.

Rock Band - $5 export
Lego Rock Band - $10 export
The Beatles: Rock Band - No export
Green Day: Rock Band - $10 export
RB Track Packs (AC/DC, Country, Metal, ect.) - Free export
Rock Band 2 - 20 extra songs via code (same code will probably be used for export to RB3 for $10)

There are only a few Green Day songs that I like, and it's not like this game is a standalone overhaul like The Beatles Rock Band was so asking $60 even with the offer of the export code is downright ridiculous. I'm almost certain that the export code will become available online in due time, but for now, I shall wait until the price drops to something more reasonable, say $20-30, or if it's offered for free when Rock Band 3 is purchased.

[quote name='Raye']There are only a few Green Day songs that I like, and it's not like this game is a standalone overhaul like The Beatles Rock Band was so asking $60 even with the offer of the export code is downright ridiculous. I'm almost certain that the export code will become available online in due time, but for now, I shall wait until the price drops to something more reasonable, say $20-30, or if it's offered for free when Rock Band 3 is purchased.[/QUOTE]

The export code will be $10 (day and date) unless you preorder from gamestop or buy Green Day Plus. There is no "due time". I have no problem with people ripping off gamestop, but it saddens me that so many people here are willing to rip off harmonix. Granted, the game should be $50 plus $10 for the code, like LEGO, but still. This is really a bad move on hamonix's part. This WILL be exploited to no end and won't hurt gamestop at all; just harmonix... Do you people want to be stuck with activision and crap-tar hero?

Anyone who does any of the "plans" to score a free download code by any of these methods should be ashamed of themselves, and I hope they don't let any of you return the game without the codes.

[quote name='Raye']There are only a few Green Day songs that I like, and it's not like this game is a standalone overhaul like The Beatles Rock Band was so asking $60 even with the offer of the export code is downright ridiculous. I'm almost certain that the export code will become available online in due time, but for now, I shall wait until the price drops to something more reasonable, say $20-30, or if it's offered for free when Rock Band 3 is purchased.[/QUOTE]
Honest question, does Lego RB have purchasable export codes online now? I got mine through the BF Old Navy sale, so I didn't really bother to follow-up with the whole getting a key and exporting thing after I did it myself.

Oh, and the game (while not a massive overhaul like the Beatles) was done from the ground up animation/venues/backgrounds/etc wise in the same vein as the Beatles. More of a plus that you can actually use Green Day songs with your existing library. I probably won't get it at $60 though only for the fact I'm not really into Green Day.

[quote name='Sylvanus']I'm confused. I have AC/DC and as far as I know, there was no DL code in the packaging. Am I wrong here?[/QUOTE]

There should have been a DL code in AC/DC.

Its most likely going to be a code that
1. You enter at Rock Bands site and get a code that you have to enter in the game itself.

2. Redeem code in PS store or Xbox marketplace, put in game and enter code from manual.

[quote name='James1221']no. i dont care about a profit; i only want the songs and no game. i refuse to give them money for it.[/QUOTE]

If you want the songs, why do you refuse to monetarily reward Harmonix for their hard work?

[quote name='Sylvanus']I'm confused. I have AC/DC and as far as I know, there was no DL code in the packaging. Am I wrong here?[/QUOTE]

If you got it on the Wii you're SOL. Then again, if you're playing Guitar Hero or Rock Band on the Wii to begin with, you're barking up the wrong tree if you want extra features.

bread's done
Back