Green day rock band gamestop preorder Free export code

James1221

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
If you preorder online or intore you should receive a code via email so essentially you can get the code, use it, and then return the game?

I'm hoping this is so because i don't really care for them and i enjoy having extra songs for friends to play.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, just preordered. Very strange that they only give an export code via preorder. I assume it's a code for FREE export, and the manual will have a code for a $10 export.

I'mma gonna use the code + rental if possible, and then pick it up used down the road.

[quote name='Sylvanus']I'm confused. I have AC/DC and as far as I know, there was no DL code in the packaging. Am I wrong here?[/QUOTE]

The AC/DC code is on the back of the manual. Lego Rock Band has the code on a separate sheet. I assume all future RB games will do this so rental places can remove it while keeping the manual in the box. Also, People who buy it used won't be confused as to why the code doesn't work if it isn't there in the first place.

[quote name='Zmonkay']Thanks, just preordered. Very strange that they only give an export code via preorder. I assume it's a code for FREE export, and the manual will have a code for a $10 export.

I'mma gonna use the code + rental if possible, and then pick it up used down the road.[/QUOTE]

The free export should be a XBL/PSN code that unlocks the option in the menus to put in your code from the manual for the songs which would otherwise ask you for $10.

I bought download codes only from ebay sellers last year for the country pack and the classic rock pack for under MSRP. Both sellers only emailed me the code and I entered it on live and it downloaded those specific disc songs to my harddrive. The songs were(and still are) present in my RB2 songlist. I never had the physical discs in my drive ever or in my possession. Hope this helps someone, let me know if it works without the disc in the drive.

[quote name='gsr']has anyone received their export code from gs yet?[/QUOTE]

Got my code in the early AM of 6/7.

Hey MrNEWZ, can you export the songs without the Green Day disc in the drive? Also are the two DLC codes for the same thing or is one for access to the RB:GD disc songs and the other to the 6 songs already on xbox live? Any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='gsr']How do you get a code off a rental copy? I thought the export codes were in the instruction manuals, which rental copies normally don't have.

I wish amazon would match this offer and do the $10 gift card. It would make the purchase a lot easier. I hate giving money to Crookstop.[/QUOTE]

They have regular case up to show off the game and then the rental case in some rental places (I know Hollywood Video does for sure). Copy codes and leave

You need the game to export. It doesn't copy the disc, but the code on the manual is not the typical 25 character xbox live redemption code, it is a shorter code that you enter directly into an export prompt in the green day rock band menu

I got the gamestop code and redeemed the code in the ps store and it prompted me to dl 1.3gb of songs so you don't need the disc to export!

[quote name='Duncanzits']I got the gamestop code and redeemed the code in the ps store and it prompted me to dl 1.3gb of songs so you don't need the disc to export![/QUOTE]
You do on the 360. The code that's on the receipt/back of the manual is not long enough for a stanard Xbox code (25 characters), so you have to go through the export menu in the game and it brings up the download from there.

Yes folks, beginning to sound like:

X360: requires disc, export code entered in game
PS3: no disc required, just enter code in marketplace
Wii: buy a better console

Well it looks like I will be nabbing a copy of the code at Blockbuster and being a complete a$$ and waiting to buy the game used (360) at Gamestop then returning it the next day after exporting everything!

[quote name='bengalboy']Can anyone confirm the 360 needing the disc, and the PS3 not needing it?[/QUOTE]

You can only input the code through EXTRAS. I imagine the a game after GB:RB will have this screen, but no other Rock Band game will allow you to do this.

LEGO ROCK BAND was a code through the webpage, they've now made this work through XBL. I also looked in the Rock Band store as a possibility, but nope.

[quote name='BrolyB593']Well it looks like I will be nabbing a copy of the code at Blockbuster and being a complete a$$ and waiting to buy the game used (360) at Gamestop then returning it the next day after exporting everything![/QUOTE]
Yeah, except it looks like Blockbuster isn't carrying the game, on any platform.

[quote name='Chux']Yeah, except it looks like Blockbuster isn't carrying the game, on any platform.[/QUOTE]

Lame! I was going to check tomorrow. Hm.. well in that case hopefully Family Video? Or some other random video rental place will... I will report back if I find it anywhere.

[quote name='Chux']Yeah, except it looks like Blockbuster isn't carrying the game, on any platform.[/QUOTE]

My Blockbuster had it on release day. So at least some BBs will have it.

Hm, well my Blockbuster did not have any copies in at all, though I suppose I should check another.

I also checked Family Video, though their copies were all gutted.

I want to buy this because I do like Green Day a lot, but after all these music games, $60 is way too much for me to spend on this right now. It's a very much "been there, done that feeling" with every music game now, and this is no exception. Metallica was the only band game I felt warranted my full price, and that's because they've been my favorite band since 7th grade :lol:

[quote name='sephiroth61787']So do the regular copies at GS have export codes in them too or can you ONLY get them if you pre-ordered?[/QUOTE]
They do not. In fact, the codes from GS are redeemed as the collector's edition codes on PSN.

[quote name='adamantypants']Is anybody here dying to play Green Day Rock Band anyway? I'm considering pre-ordering it, getting the code, returning it unopened, then buying a used copy in a week or two when they inevitably show up and use the code then. Once I use it, I'll just return the game to gamestop.[/QUOTE]
or you could just go to BB and rent it and use the code, which would accomplish the same thing since you already have the code, like everyone did with the original RB since you didn't need a code back then...

bread's done
Back