Green Lantern 3D

nintendolink007

CAGiversary!
I understand the movie did not do good amongs the fans but i'm still interested in getting the movie. But i havent seen anything discussed about the 3D Combo deals out there and wondering if anyone found it cheaper then 28 bucks?

To me, its more of a personal view of the movie over what other people say about the movie thats what interest me. I'm not a fan of Green Lantern series, but i love superhero movies.

To prove me point, i purchased Batman & Robin ;-). It was crap but i still loved it.

Check out best buy. It was 26 the other day. I liked the film, but thought captain America was the best comic film this year. The next green lantern I guess will have some more action.

[quote name='shrike4242']There's a different between crap and bad-looking crap.

Here's the 3D review of Green Lantern:
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Green-Lantern-3D-Blu-ray/26080/#Review

Here's the 2D review of Green Lantern:
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Green-Lantern-Blu-ray/26103/#Review

It's a better-looking movie in 2D than 3D.[/QUOTE]

Yeah i havent heard good things about the 3D but if its just a couple bucks more then the standard 2D edition, its worth it espcially if its limited. I dont have a 3D tv yet but a 5 buck differences (usually how different they are in other movies), its worth it to me. And if its terrible, i can sell it off later.

[quote name='shrike4242']There's a different between crap and bad-looking crap.

Here's the 3D review of Green Lantern:
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Green-Lantern-3D-Blu-ray/26080/#Review

Here's the 2D review of Green Lantern:
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Green-Lantern-Blu-ray/26103/#Review

It's a better-looking movie in 2D than 3D.[/QUOTE]
Man, that's a harsh review!

Blu-ray.com

'The Lion King' and 'Beauty & The Beast' offer infinitely more 3D punch and pizazz than Green Lantern 3D.
-

They gave the 2D Video Quality a C+.

But gave the 3D Video Quality conversion a D+.

[quote name='nintendolink007']Yeah i havent heard good things about the 3D but if its just a couple bucks more then the standard 2D edition, its worth it espcially if its limited. I dont have a 3D tv yet but a 5 buck differences (usually how different they are in other movies), its worth it to me. And if its terrible, i can sell it off later.[/QUOTE]
THey arent going to stop selling it. "Limited" seems to be a buzzword. They may not offer it in its current capacity 4 disc and may eventually release it as a 2 or 3 disc set without DVD and/or digital copy, but they wont outright get rid of the 3D edition

[quote name='Havok83']THey arent going to stop selling it. "Limited" seems to be a buzzword. They may not offer it in its current capacity 4 disc and may eventually release it as a 2 or 3 disc set without DVD and/or digital copy, but they wont outright get rid of the 3D edition[/QUOTE]That seems to be the recent trend these days, which I suppose is their way to try and drive people to buy the movie early in the release cycle.

See Sucker Punch, X-Men: First Class and Robin Hood for recent trends of this behavior.

[quote name='Animal7390']worst 3d ever, actually liked the movie. after the opening credits, the 3d is useless.[/QUOTE]I had the same opinion of Harry Potter: Half Blood Prince, since it was all in the opening sequence and that's it.

[quote name='Animal7390']worst 3d ever, actually liked the movie. after the opening credits, the 3d is useless.[/QUOTE]

That sucks... I want more good 3D Movies and I guess Green Lantern isn't it. :cry:

The problem with the Green Lantern movie, in my mind, was that most of it (too much of it) was spent introducing the character and building the back story. Probably somewhat necessary since he's a less familiar character to general audiences, but because of that, it felt like it never really went anywhere. The Parallax story, which should have been the focus, almost seemed like a hasty add-on by the time they got to it. Because of that, I was hoping that we'd get an extended edition that fleshed the story out more on the blu-ray... Glad to see they've added 9 minutes, but wondering if it will be what is needed or if it will be enough.

That being said, I'm fairly convinced that now that the back story is out of the way (and with some better writing), Green Lantern 2 could kick some serious ass if they actually get to make it...

bread's done
Back