Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

Sheeh, why has no one mentioned that Train Simulator 2013 is the daily at $7.50 ($6 AC) -- cheaper than the Steam Winter sale. It's also a cheap way to pick up some UK DLC including: Sherman Hill, London to Brighton, Northeast Corridor and Isle of Wight. None of this overlaps with DLC from the Steam Summer Sale Train Simulator 2012 DLC.

Everyone who owned Train Simulator/Railworks on steam got a free upgrade to the base 2013 Train Simulator. 2013 now includes co-op :bouncy:

[quote name='asheskitty']Everyone who owned Train Simulator/Railworks on steam got a free upgrade to the base 2013 Train Simulator. 2013 now includes co-op :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Train sim... co-op?

What: one controls the accelerator, the other the brake?

Tried to pre-order Tomb Raider, but it won't let me use the 25% off code. I thought it might be because it's 5 bucks off, but the code works on Sonic and Omerta too (both a few dollars off right now as well). Am I doing something wrong?

[quote name='Trace17']Tried to pre-order Tomb Raider, but it won't let me use the 25% off code. I thought it might be because it's 5 bucks off, but the code works on Sonic and Omerta too (both a few dollars off right now as well). Am I doing something wrong?[/QUOTE]

Check if you're not leaving any extra space when you copy/paste. Happened to me once :roll:

[quote name='Trace17']Tried to pre-order Tomb Raider, but it won't let me use the 25% off code. I thought it might be because it's 5 bucks off, but the code works on Sonic and Omerta too (both a few dollars off right now as well). Am I doing something wrong?[/QUOTE]

Code doesn't work on Tomb Raider, you get $10 cashback or $15 in GMG credit.

My guess is it has something to do with the credit they are offering on that title only right now. It seems they boosted the credit to $15 and the cash back to $10.

[quote name='esq373']Code doesn't work on Tomb Raider, you get $10 cashback or $15 in GMG credit.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='akmgmer']My guess is it has something to do with the credit they are offering on that title only right now. It seems they boosted the credit to $15 and the cash back to $10.[/QUOTE]

But it did work at one time I assume? Because I read someone a few days ago post here they used it on tomb raider.

And if the boosted credit cancels it out, it should be removed from the 25% header and link on the GMG homepage. But what am I to do...

Oh well.

Any thoughts on Laxius Force? And has it been cheaper anywhere?

[quote name='bshirk']Any thoughts on Laxius Force? And has it been cheaper anywhere?[/QUOTE]
I played 30 minutes of that game. Utterly terrible. Absolutely silly balance, horrible level design, and typos within the first 5 minutes.

[quote name='Idiotekque']I played 30 minutes of that game. Utterly terrible. Absolutely silly balance, horrible level design, and typos within the first 5 minutes.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't sound like an RPG worth playing even on sale. Thanks.

Thoughts on Train Simulator 2013? Why pick this Train Sim over Trainz?

edit: Eh, at $6 ($5.50 after a trade in) I jumped on it. Now to decide if it goes on an secondary account for the HTPC or if I put it on my primary and run it in offline mode.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well one reason to pick Trainz 2012 over Railworks is that Trainz has out-of-the-box support for your Raildriver. Railworks does not.

rd.desktop.home.jpg

GMG has Sacred 2 Gold for $6.79 ($5.43 AC). Requires Capsule to download, can't be traded in, so I assume it is the recent DRM-FREE release. GG has it DRM-FREE, Steam has it (and DRM-FREE on steam).

GMG also has Ridge Racer Unbounded (steam) for $10 AC. I've been playing this a bit recently. It's an interesting arcade racer that is inspired by Split/Second & Burnout and isn't too easy. I've been enjoying it.

[quote name='asheskitty']GMG has Sacred 2 Gold for $6.79 ($5.43 AC). Requires Capsule to download, can't be traded in, so I assume it is the recent DRM-FREE release. GG has it DRM-FREE, Steam has it (and DRM-FREE on steam).

GMG also has Ridge Racer Unbounded (steam) for $10 AC. I've been playing this a bit recently. It's an interesting arcade racer that is inspired by Split/Second & Burnout and isn't too easy. I've been enjoying it.[/QUOTE]

OK, so maybe my purchases aren't quite done yet. Guess I'll pick these up along with Risen for $3.99 (AC) since I've been meaning to try that one out as well.

#-oShould have paid checked in on this thread more often instead of just checking GMG.

I passed on WitN, Viking, Condemned, etc. because I assumed the voucher was one-time-use. Buying Dead Island will (barely) help to console me after missing out on some great deals to throw on the craplog.

[quote name='Neuro5i5']OK, so maybe my purchases aren't quite done yet. Guess I'll pick these up along with Risen for $3.99 (AC) since I've been meaning to try that one out as well.[/QUOTE]

I was going to reply that Risen is free on VOID but apparently it has been shut down. Not sure when that happened.

[quote name='Motoki']I was going to reply that Risen is free on VOID but apparently it has been shut down. Not sure when that happened.[/QUOTE]

GamersGate shut down VOID a few weeks ago, I believe. Not sure if they ever gave a reason as to why.

[quote name='DaiMonPaul']GamersGate shut down VOID a few weeks ago, I believe. Not sure if they ever gave a reason as to why.[/QUOTE]

I guess they figured they were already giving away enough free games on their main site. ;)

Dadun dun *cymbals*

[quote name='asheskitty']

GMG also has Ridge Racer Unbounded (steam) for $10 AC. I've been playing this a bit recently. It's an interesting arcade racer that is inspired by Split/Second & Burnout and isn't too easy. I've been enjoying it.[/QUOTE]

Very tempted on Ridge Racer Unbounded. In your opinion, is it worth the $10? Do you happen to know if it has wheel support?

[quote name='sharpeone']Very tempted on Ridge Racer Unbounded. In your opinion, is it worth the $10? Do you happen to know if it has wheel support?[/QUOTE]

I feel it's worth $10 (I paid $12.50 on steam early this month). It has 360 controller support. I have no clue on wheel support. I like it because I loved Split/Second and Burnout. There's not enough zany racers around imo.

Copied from my post in the steam thread:
^_^ I'm only two hours into in (and another hour on the demo on steam), but they have been a very enjoyable two hours. I've beaten the first district (of seven?) but not 100%ed it. I really like the time trial tracks as they are zany (In a way that I havent' seen much since the 90s). The only modern comparison for those time trial tracks is TrackMania.

FYI about Ridge Racer, the $12.50 price on Steam was a complete pack with all DLC. Also the MSRP has dropped to $30 on Steam but is still $50 on GMG.

I have only played it for a hour or so but it is enjoyable. It reminds me of the burnout series with fragging but opponents don't get knocked out of the race, they just start a few positions back. Also blowing through buildings are good times. This game seems more challenging as well, I have yet to finish first.

[quote name='Daykain']FYI about Ridge Racer, the $12.50 price on Steam was a complete pack with all DLC. Also the MSRP has dropped to $30 on Steam but is still $50 on GMG.

I have only played it for a hour or so but it is enjoyable. It reminds me of the burnout series with fragging but opponents don't get knocked out of the race, they just start a few positions back. Also blowing through buildings are good times. This game seems more challenging as well, I have yet to finish first.[/QUOTE]

You're right $12.50 on steam included the DLC. ...that's where those extra cars came from -lol-
I haven't tried all the DLC cars, but they are starter cars, a little better than the base starter car, but probably not worth the $2.50 extra I paid for them since I outclassed them in less than two hours.

I've found to finish in the top 3 positions, I have to focus closely on catching-up/staying-ahead as opposed to playing for points (smashing rivals, buildings, collateral damage to the scenery). The good news is that RRU uses two parallel progress systems. One is based purely on points and you keep those points even if you finish last place. Those points act like XP and increase your rank and new cars unlock at higher ranks. The other scoring is stars for coming in 1st/2nd/3rd in a particular race. Once you have at least one star in every race in a district new district cap-stone race opens up, get one star in that and you "dominate" the district.

I was unable to place even 3rd (of 12) in the first race with the starter car in a few tries, but I earned enough points to rank up an get a new car with better acceleration/speed that allowed to place first. Also other races open up quickly, so being stuck on a particular race shouldn't be a problem until endgame.

Oh yes, and one point I hadn't emphasized, the most destructible environments I've seen in a racer... in fact the only game with more environmental destruction I can think of is Red Faction Guerrilla. (Split/Second's environmental destruction was all the rigged destruction, rather than say low concrete walls, parked cars, and the sort.)

[quote name='Mooby']It's Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiidge Racer![/QUOTE]
This is all I ever think about when someone mentions a ridge racer game

[quote name='Kitsune Sniper']... is Ridge Racer Unbounded region locked or something? A friend in Mexico can't buy it, the page doesn't have a buy button.[/QUOTE]

I'd say yes.

Ridge Racer: Unbounded (NA)

[quote name='Kitsune Sniper']BS. Total BS.

EA likes to screw over Mexico, which is part of North America... guess Namco's taking a cue from their rulebook.[/QUOTE]

Well if it makes you feel any better, a while back it was on sale there in the UK and not the US. I have no idea if Mexico was excluded from that sale or not.

I know they have an ME3 sale going on now that is Europe only, at least not available in the US.

So can anyone confirm that the Ridge Racer from here on GMG 100% for sure for sure doesn't come with DLC?

I'm pretty sure it doesn't since it's not mentioned but once in a while a game redeems with DLC when I wasn't expecting it to so I figured I'd ask.

[quote name='Motoki']So can anyone confirm that the Ridge Racer from here on GMG 100% for sure for sure doesn't come with DLC?

I'm pretty sure it doesn't since it's not mentioned but once in a while a game redeems with DLC when I wasn't expecting it to so I figured I'd ask.[/QUOTE]

Confirmed. 0 DLC

[quote name='asheskitty']GMG has Sacred 2 Gold for $6.79 ($5.43 AC). Requires Capsule to download, can't be traded in, so I assume it is the recent DRM-FREE release. GG has it DRM-FREE, Steam has it (and DRM-FREE on steam).

[/QUOTE]

There was a conversation about Sacred 2 gold. And i swear someone said GG's is DRM free and Steams isnt?

How slow is capsule for transfer speeds? hmmmm....i have the sacred 2 collectors on dvd but no expansion.....might be good time to get it digital version

[quote name='smurfinaus']There was a conversation about Sacred 2 gold. And i swear someone said GG's is DRM free and Steams isnt?

How slow is capsule for transfer speeds? hmmmm....i have the sacred 2 collectors on dvd but no expansion.....might be good time to get it digital version[/QUOTE]

Steam's version of Sacred 2 Gold doesn't have any extra DRM added. I'm not sure if you can run it without Steam though. GG's is completely DRM-free.

[quote name='spoderman']Steam's version of Sacred 2 Gold doesn't have any extra DRM added. I'm not sure if you can run it without Steam though. GG's is completely DRM-free.[/QUOTE]

Yep. Thats what i was after. I can live with Steams DRM (much better than the one that comes with the dvd copy..ewwwww)

[quote name='spoderman']Steam's version of Sacred 2 Gold doesn't have any extra DRM added. I'm not sure if you can run it without Steam though. GG's is completely DRM-free.[/QUOTE]

I believe Jshackles said he could not run it outside of Steam, but it should not have any added DRM other than Steam.

[quote name='smurfinaus']There was a conversation about Sacred 2 gold. And i swear someone said GG's is DRM free and Steams isnt?

How slow is capsule for transfer speeds? hmmmm....i have the sacred 2 collectors on dvd but no expansion.....might be good time to get it digital version[/QUOTE]

Steam thread a few hours ago. Jshackles and myself. Jshackles reports sacred.exe will launch steam if not already running (sign of Steam-DRM). It shouldn't have any other DRM according to Deep Silver. The GG version is DRM free (I own DRM'd UK release, and DRM-FREE releases from GG). I can confirm that the steam binary and the DRM-FREE binary is different.

[quote name='asheskitty']Steam thread a few hours ago. Jshackles and myself. Jshackles reports sacred.exe will launch steam if not already running (sign of Steam-DRM). It shouldn't have any other DRM according to Deep Silver. The GG version is DRM free (I own DRM'd UK release, and DRM-FREE releases from GG). I can confirm that the steam binary and the DRM-FREE binary is different.[/QUOTE]

Yep, your the only girl I know who gets all hot and bothered over MD5 hashes. BTW, I spent 2 hours looking at Epic Rap Battle Videos because of you. Hard to pick a favorite, but really digging Cleopatra Vs. Marilyn Monroe and Mr. T Vs. Mr. Rogers. Careful with those youtube post, powerful with the force, they are. :lightsaberweildingsmiley:

[quote name='walkonshadows']Yep, your the only girl I know who gets all hot and bothered over MD5 hashes. BTW, I spent 2 hours looking at Epic Rap Battle Videos because of you. Hard to pick a favorite, but really digging Cleopatra Vs. Marilyn Monroe and Mr. T Vs. Mr. Rogers. Careful with those youtube post, powerful with the force, they are. :lightsaberweildingsmiley:[/QUOTE]
Steve Jobs vs. Bill Gates or Hitler vs. Vader 2. imo.

[quote name='asheskitty']Steam thread a few hours ago. Jshackles and myself. Jshackles reports sacred.exe will launch steam if not already running (sign of Steam-DRM). It shouldn't have any other DRM according to Deep Silver. The GG version is DRM free (I own DRM'd UK release, and DRM-FREE releases from GG). I can confirm that the steam binary and the DRM-FREE binary is different.[/QUOTE]

What about GMG's crapsuled version?.

[quote name='smurfinaus']What about GMG's crapsuled version?.[/QUOTE]

I can confirm that the Capsule is only required for downloading. It runs fine for me without the need for the Capsule. As for speeds, mine was just as fast as my Steam downloads, so yay. Sacred 2 Gold is larger than I expected, clocking it at 13.6GB, though less than the 20GB it lists on GMG for required HDD space.

[quote name='Neuro5i5']I can confirm that the Capsule is only required for downloading. It runs fine for me without the need for the Capsule. As for speeds, mine was just as fast as my Steam downloads, so yay. Sacred 2 Gold is larger than I expected, clocking it at 13.6GB, though less than the 20GB it lists on GMG for required HDD space.[/QUOTE]

There's also another 7 GB or so of HD 'elite' textures floating around.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/225640/discussions/0/864956554771486869/

[quote name='MrBonk']I wish there were High-res un compressed comparisons of this texture pack on the web. The only one I could find that didn't have downed image links was some like 640x480 jpeg comparison...[/QUOTE]

JPEG-1991 at low compression ratios 4:1, 8:1 is nearly perfect. The Consultative Committee for Space Data Systems has some really good publications on image compression and comparisons (for free).

bread's done
Back