Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

[quote name='gilby']You didn't already have it? It was in Indiegala 5.[/QUOTE]
I only got into PC gaming last year pretty much. I wasn't around then.

[quote name='Idiotekque']I only got into PC gaming last year pretty much. I wasn't around then.[/QUOTE]

It was June.

I think I've seen some still popping up on the trade forum. As a bonus, that was the Indiegala that comes with Bad Rats!

Looks like the Kalypso games are on sale, and the Binary Domain edition with both DLC is the daily deal. I wish the regular game were on sale, too.

A question about Capsule -- I'd be interested in Grand Ages: Rome, Imperium Romanum, and so forth, but I don't need another program that I have to open to launch games -- Steam and Origin are more than enough on my PC. Is Capsule just a downloader, or do you have to use it to open your games from it, as well?

So does anyone have anything good to say about Playfire? (besides ZOMG FREE GAMEZ!, which admittedly is a big plus)

I mucked around with it this morning briefly and it seems like a much crappier version of Raptr. Does it even have a client or is it all just web based?

It timed out trying to detect my Steam ID (yes I made sure it was entered correctly) and now I can't even find where you are supposed to go to get it to try to reconnect.

Oh well, I did get the free racing game and it's not like I need yet another service to mess with, especially one that seems not so user friendly to navigate and isn't giving me a lot of compelling reason to use it besides HEY FREE STUFF!

[quote name='DaiMonPaul']
A question about Capsule -- I'd be interested in Grand Ages: Rome, Imperium Romanum, and so forth, but I don't need another program that I have to open to launch games -- Steam and Origin are more than enough on my PC. Is Capsule just a downloader, or do you have to use it to open your games from it, as well?[/QUOTE]

It's a bit confusing but my understanding is it can be either and varies from game to game. I believe the difference is in the wording of "requires the capsule to play" vs "requires the capsule to download". Also if something has a trade in value it probably requires the capsule to play since that would be how they would track whether or not you still own the game or have traded it in. In that case it acts as a DRM.

The Grand Ages Rome page is looking to me like it does require the capsule to play based on the info they have listed.

[quote name='Motoki']
Oh well, I did get the free racing game and it's not like I need yet another service to mess with, especially one that seems not so user friendly to navigate and isn't giving me a lot of compelling reason to use it besides HEY FREE STUFF![/QUOTE]

That's the only thing I see. I had all four games already from various bundles, but I grabbed three, and would have grabbed four if I hadn't pulled an Idiotekque and forgotten about Ninja Blade. I figure they'll probably be worth something as a trade-in at some point down the road if nothing else.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']I used to like Playfire but they did a huge overhaul a few years ago and eliminated everything I liked about it. Waste of time as it is now, in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

Exactly what I was going to say. It used to be a fantastic community site with tons of features that they eventually took away when they did the overhaul. They keep saying they're going to add them back at one point or another, but it's been quite a while now. The site is not what it used to be. I used to visit it daily and now I rarely visit it.

[quote name='Motoki']
It's a bit confusing but my understanding is it can be either and varies from game to game. I believe the difference is in the wording of "requires the capsule to play" vs "requires the capsule to download". Also if something has a trade in value it probably requires the capsule to play since that would be how they would track whether or not you still own the game or have traded it in. In that case it acts as a DRM.

The Grand Ages Rome page is looking to me like it does require the capsule to play based on the info they have listed.[/QUOTE]

Oh ok, cool. Yeah, it's a bit confusing as to how it all works. I remember reading somewhere that others have been able to download DLC for a game like Pride of Nations and use it with regular DRM-free versions of the game, but I wasn't sure if every game was like this (or if that's even accurate). Looks like you're right about Grand Ages: Rome having the Capsule DRM. I'll probably wait for it to go on sale on either Steam or GamersGate (DRM-free) then. Thanks.

I grabbed all 4 for potential trade in, says they're not eligible now but maybe in the future...

[quote name='Tsel']Exactly what I was going to say. It used to be a fantastic community site with tons of features that they eventually took away when they did the overhaul. They keep saying they're going to add them back at one point or another, but it's been quite a while now. The site is not what it used to be. I used to visit it daily and now I rarely visit it.[/QUOTE]
I used it to keep a record of my game collection, you were able to add titles to your collection and then view it and list by different systems and stuff. They took that feature away and the site became useless to me. I use http://vgcollect.com for listing my collection now, it's better than Playfire was because you can manually add titles yourself and they show up right away. With Playfire if i tried to manually add a game it would take over 6 months to get approved, if I was lucky.

:(

Cant seem to buy anything in GMG since yesterday. I tried logging out but now I cant seem to log-in. Its giving me "Unable to connect" error.

Also note that games that require Capsule to play basically equal out to always-on DRM, since the Capsule client requires a constant internet connection.

This is because of the trade-in system. Once a month, Capsule checks to see if you traded in a game, and then removes your ability to play it if you did.

[quote name='asheskitty']Like racing games? Like free? Don't forget snag SSV8NC Superstar V8 Next Challenge
Satisfaction guaranteed or your money back! ^_~[/QUOTE]

I ain't even heard of this, but had to take it - if it's FREE, it's for me!!!

Anyways, any idea what others racers this is like?
And have you played it yet?

[quote name='MysterD']I ain't even heard of this, but had to take it - if it's FREE, it's for me!!!

Anyways, any idea what others racers this is like?
And have you played it yet?[/QUOTE]

In the one review I read it's a follow-up to poorly received racer. This one is supposedly mostly competent, but was released shortly before a Forza and/or Grand Turismo release, so it got quickly forgotten. I don't recall much else.

For the price, I'll give it a spin.

http://www.gamespot.com/superstars-...uperstars-v8-next-challenge-hands-on-6248502/
http://www.play.tm/review/29666/superstars-v8-next-challenge/

[quote name='rybrad']20% off (almost) everything with voucher code GMG20-P4DLK-FKYRS
Expires Friday, February 22, 11am EST[/QUOTE]

I like how the price are higher now without coupons.

[quote name='Stonekeep']I like how the price are higher now without coupons.[/QUOTE]

Heh, yeah the Kalypso stuff quietly went to 65% off.

It's like how the ice cream companies made their containers just a hair smaller and took off the "half gallon" and just left the metric measure on there hoping nobody would notice.

I am pretty new to GMG, my question is, the codes they have like this 20% off code, only good for one game/purchase? added a few things to my cart and put in code, took 20% of the highest priced. So I bought the one game and tried the code for a 2nd purchase and it said the code was invalid. Either way, got Renegade Ops and Skydrift, 2 games I have just never got around to buying. Good deal!

Renegade ops was so cheap a year ago ($2 for the base game and Coldstrike). It's a shame that the GMG deal doesn't compare.

[quote name='dEvAnGeL']how about a good sale on dead space 3? none of the coupons work on that title[/QUOTE]

Yeah!

I mean, it's been out for a whole week already and it's published by EA.

What's the hold up?

[quote name='Eldredpe']Yeah!

I mean, it's been out for a whole week already and it's published by EA.

What's the hold up?[/QUOTE]
sarcasm surely makes people look stupid, keep in mind every preoder you place on GMG usually saves you 15 or more dollars, there has never been a sale on this game, not before it came out, not now, gamefly had it for 48 dollars the day it came out, if i didn't have credit on GMG i would have got it there

[quote name='dEvAnGeL']sarcasm surely makes people look stupid, keep in mind every preoder you place on GMG usually saves you 15 or more dollars, there has never been a sale on this game, not before it came out, not now, gamefly had it for 48 dollars the day it came out, if i didn't have credit on GMG i would have got it there[/QUOTE]
Incorrect. In early December it was eligible for use with a 30% off coupon, bringing the price down to $42. An additional voucher for 35% off a future purchase was applied to your account after purchase as well. I would say that is a pretty good deal.

[quote name='rybrad']Incorrect. In early December it was eligible for use with a 30% off coupon, bringing the price down to $42. An additional voucher for 35% off a future purchase was applied to your account after purchase as well. I would say that is a pretty good deal.[/QUOTE]
those coupons never worked for dead space 3 or bioshock infinite, at least they never did for me, they did work for tomb raider and the other games, the 35% coupon i got from tomb raider didn't work either for those games

[quote name='dEvAnGeL']those coupons never worked for dead space 3 or bioshock infinite, at least they never did for me, they did work for tomb raider and the other games, the 35% coupon i got from tomb raider didn't work either for those games[/QUOTE]
If they didn't work for you then that is a separate issue as they certainly worked for many users over the course of a week. I know this for sure because I purchased the game using said coupon and my friend did as well on an earlier date. Bioshock Infinite you are correct on as 2K has been blocking coupons since XCOM.

[quote name='MellowSeth']I am pretty new to GMG, my question is, the codes they have like this 20% off code, only good for one game/purchase? added a few things to my cart and put in code, took 20% of the highest priced. So I bought the one game and tried the code for a 2nd purchase and it said the code was invalid. Either way, got Renegade Ops and Skydrift, 2 games I have just never got around to buying. Good deal![/QUOTE]
It shouldn't be one use. I don't know what's up with that.

[quote name='mkaliaz']By the way, your south park link in the OP is broken.[/QUOTE]
GMG no longer carries South Park. Ubisoft bought the title and GMG is not allowed to sell Ubisoft products in the US market.

[quote name='dEvAnGeL']how about a good sale on dead space 3? none of the coupons work on that title[/QUOTE]

I have several Origin codes for Dead Space 3 LE on sale, hit me up if you're interested.

[quote name='dEvAnGeL']those coupons never worked for dead space 3 or bioshock infinite, at least they never did for me, they did work for tomb raider and the other games, the 35% coupon i got from tomb raider didn't work either for those games[/QUOTE]

That's odd if it worked for a set it should work for another.

Haven't seen this mentioned anywhere, but Giana Sisters is $4.08 with coupon, the cheapest it's ever been. Activates on Steam.

I was going to hold out for a 75% off sale, but this is only like $.34 more than that anyway.

[quote name='N3UROP0D']Haven't seen this mentioned anywhere, but Giana Sisters is $4.08 with coupon, the cheapest it's ever been. Activates on Steam.

I was going to hold out for a 75% off sale, but this is only like $.34 more than that anyway.[/QUOTE]

I posted about it a couple hours ago in the Steam deal thread. I bought it for the same reason, was waiting for 75% off but this is close enough.

[quote name='N3UROP0D']Haven't seen this mentioned anywhere, but Giana Sisters is $4.08 with coupon, the cheapest it's ever been. Activates on Steam.

I was going to hold out for a 75% off sale, but this is only like $.34 more than that anyway.[/QUOTE]

I think I'm gonna wait since it might be in the next Humble Indie Bundle.

Max Payne 3 complete is tempting me, but I'm hoping it'll be $5-7.50 later this year.

[quote name='bshirk']I think I'm gonna wait since it might be in the next Humble Indie Bundle.

Max Payne 3 complete is tempting me, but I'm hoping it'll be $5-7.50 later this year.[/QUOTE]

I know man, I know. But it's hard sometimes.

As for Max Payne 3, the MSRP dropped after the Steam winter sale so a better sale is inevitable.

[quote name='N3UROP0D']I know man, I know. But it's hard sometimes.

As for Max Payne 3, the MSRP dropped after the Steam winter sale so a better sale is inevitable.[/QUOTE]

Didn't notice that. Thanks, I'll definitely wait then.

any idea when we can have the key for crysis 3 . my page is like this.. and i heard origin already lets people preload?

This game is not available for download yet. It will be on [BLANK]. Any required keys will be made available on that date.

Picked up Guns of Icarus, have been interested in this genre, as I was very much into Mobas this brings back the nostalgia of a very team dependent game, that always stood out to me in dota as both of these games desperately require the coordination of your whole team for success, as well as having a good captain driving. Although im only a few hours in, ive had a couple matches that were tons of fun and on edge.

Interested to explore the game a bit more, not sure how much content there actually is behind the excitement of first jumping into battle.

[quote name='huldrelok']Picked up Guns of Icarus, have been interested in this genre, as I was very much into Mobas this brings back the nostalgia of a very team dependent game, that always stood out to me in dota as both of these games desperately require the coordination of your whole team for success, as well as having a good captain driving. Although im only a few hours in, ive had a couple matches that were tons of fun and on edge.

Interested to explore the game a bit more, not sure how much content there actually is behind the excitement of first jumping into battle.[/QUOTE]

How is the online community? I was interested in that game too, but I don't want to buy it only to find out that nobody plays anymore...

[quote name='LazyTriangle']Euro Truck Simulator 2 is back up again at 50% off, with the discount code it comes out to $12. Normally I'm not really into simulation games, but this one caught my eye. Does anyone have any good opinions on it?[/QUOTE]

I own the American release of Euro Truck Simulator, known here as Big Rig Europe:

www.amazon.com/Meridian4-1611-Big-Europe-Download/dp/B0030EFV98

I've played it for a few hours and I'm not really sure I would recommend the first at all. I mean I enjoyed it for the awful driving physics, but if you are looking for a big rig simulator that drives well this is not the one. Otherwise it is semi-sim in that you need to pump gas and things like that, but unless you can appreciate bad games I would not recommend the first.

Now, they could have made vast improvements in the second, but I highly doubt it.

The best big rig sim I've played so far is Rig n Roll and I would recommend that one if you are in the mood for a big rig game.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']The best big rig sim I've played so far is Rig n Roll and I would recommend that one if you are in the mood for a big rig game.[/QUOTE]
How the heck do you get that game working with a controller?

[quote name='Idiotekque']How the heck do you get that game working with a controller?[/QUOTE]

I never tried. I just used it KB/M and it felt fine for me.

bread's done
Back