Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

[quote name='jj5206']i guess i'll hold off then. Thanks for letting us know...[/QUOTE]

i would suggest you order the game first.
the longer you wait, the further in the queue you are should the codes run out again ^^

[quote name='wilflare']seems like those who ordered Dead Island from GMG got the so-called Steam exclusive Ripper mod as well[/QUOTE]

HA! Take that Steam!

[quote name='wilflare']haha if only i had the confirmation earlier
some wanted to buy from Steam because of the DLC.[/QUOTE]

>.

Wow, what an amazingly POS port this game (Dead Island) is turning out to be! Too bad I can't get a refund.

Dead Island is a mess right now... you should how full of complains the Steam Forum is right now. Supposedly a patch is released tomorrow. As it stands, it's a shoddy console port.

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']Dead Island is a mess right now... you should how full of complains the Steam Forum is right now. Supposedly a patch is released tomorrow. As it stands, it's a shoddy console port.[/QUOTE]

Glad I'm waiting to start playing. =] No rush for me, and therefore a more polished experience with the game later on.

For those asking about Bethesda games, they have been actively working on that for awhile. If they get them I am fairly certain there will be another 20% deal between then and release. There whole shtick is to provide the cheapest preorders by quite a bit.

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']Dead Island is a mess right now... you should how full of complains the Steam Forum is right now. Supposedly a patch is released tomorrow. As it stands, it's a shoddy console port.[/QUOTE]
This. I put about an hour or so into it. I could wait till they patch it up to play it again. It's a good game, just needs fixes and lots of it.

To those who are waiting for your keys, be glad because it will have a patch :D

[quote name='rybrad']For those asking about Bethesda games, they have been actively working on that for awhile. If they get them I am fairly certain there will be another 20% deal between then and release. There whole shtick is to provide the cheapest preorders by quite a bit.[/QUOTE]

I really appreciate your updates, just fyi! :applause:

And yeah, I'm *really* hoping we see Rage go up with a good discount. Rage for $34? fuck yeah! I'd be absolutely thrilled!

I played about an hour of Dead Island. Didn't run into any problems except for floaty mouse controls, which I can deal with. But the game didn't really pull me. Nothing like the very first two goals being fetch quests. Maybe I'm tired; I'll try again tomorrow.

Apparently, there are .pdb (program database) files in the DI folder. This tells me this is a debug build...not to mention that "Y" on the keyboard initiates no clipping mode by defualt. It's all over the Steam forums as you could imagine.

It's one thing to release a buggy build, but it's on a whole other level to release a straight-up developer debug build to the public. Oops! :lol:

[quote name='TraBuch']It's pathetic that they've been working on the game for over 5 years yet it's still a rushed, buggy mess.[/QUOTE]
It's a pretty fun rushed buggy mess, though.

It isn't a shoddy port. It's pretty clear at this point that this is a dev build. the y button is auto-defined as noclip, and scroll lock is auto-defined as third-person, something the game clearly doesn't natively support because your character's animations are incorrect (especially after having seen how other players in co-op look when performing the same actions).

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Apparently, there are .pdb (program database) files in the DI folder. This tells me this is a debug build...not to mention that "Y" on the keyboard initiates no clipping mode by defualt. It's all over the Steam forums as you could imagine.

It's one thing to release a buggy build, but it's on a whole other level to release a straight-up developer debug build to the public. Oops! :lol:[/QUOTE]

PDB files alone aren't a sign of a debug build, as they are build for release projects as well. It's definitely a developer build of some sort however.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']I'm curious to see if the retail disc version is also a developer debug build or if the issue is only on Steam.[/QUOTE]
I think the retail disc uses Steam if I am not mistaken.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']I think the retail disc uses Steam if I am not mistaken.[/QUOTE]

It is a Steamworks title yes, and it would also apply if someone were to input the code from the retail game and download the whole thing off Steam. But if one installs from the disc and then simply uses Steam to verify the game it would use the information off the disc. Which is why I'm wondering if the retail build is the same as the current Steam build.

Hey folks, all 20% off codes are officially dead, I will update the OP when more are released. In the meantime I will be changing the OP around and making the FAQs a little better so hopefully new people have less questions on the next big sale.

One section I am putting together is "notable Steamworks games". There are already several lists of all GMG Steamworks games but I wanted to put together an easy list of the games most people care about. If anyone has suggestions on what games to add I would appreciate hearing your opinion.

I will be checking prices on all of those games about twice a week to see if anything has changed so hopefully it will be a good resource for people looking for Steamworks games.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']It is a Steamworks title yes, and it would also apply if someone were to input the code from the retail game and download the whole thing off Steam. But if one installs from the disc and then simply uses Steam to verify the game it would use the information off the disc. Which is why I'm wondering if the retail build is the same as the current Steam build.[/QUOTE]
Well I don't see why they wouldn't be the same. You would need to update the game anyway to the newer version.

i really hope GMG gets Rage. I have the 360 version pre-ordered but am leaning towards getting the PC version. If they could have it for 30-40 preordered I would be happy! But looking at the links above, i wont get my hopes up...

[quote name='jj5206']i really hope GMG gets Rage. I have the 360 version pre-ordered but am leaning towards getting the PC version. If they could have it for 30-40 preordered I would be happy! But looking at the links above, i wont get my hopes up...[/QUOTE]

Doesn't look like GMG has a deal with Bethesda. No Oblivion, Brink, Rage, Fallout 3, or Fallout NV. I was hoping they get it too, but I have my doubts.

Doesn't look like Bethesda is going to happen before Q4 according to Rob. I would not hold your breath for Rage and Skyrim.

[quote name='KaitouDark']I guess there won't be any keys until the new version is out

http://blog.greenmangaming.com/2011/09/dead-island-keys/[/QUOTE]
Probably for the best that you wait for the update anyway, seems like the game's a mess right now.

Also it kind of sucks that Steamworks is mostly responsible for not being able to trade-in newer games on GMG. That's one of the biggest features of the site, and I'd love to see it in more games.

[quote name='wilflare']i'm tempted to get spacemarine for $25usd at one of those cd-key sites. Hope gmg gets theirs up soon :/[/quote]
y u no link

i am really regretting not getting Dead Island. My best buy nearest to me doesn't have it in (I was going to use a gift card) and my Gamestop doesn't have it (was going to cancel a pre-order). Next time, I'm just going to jump on the deal...

[quote name='dark2025']Probably for the best that you wait for the update anyway, seems like the game's a mess right now.
[/QUOTE]

A mess is a nice way of putting it. For some people including me, it's pretty unplayable right about now. If I try playing it, the horrible lag that the latest patch put in makes the game just fucking terrible. They "claim" the fix is coming tonight but I call complete BS on that.

[quote name='wilflare']i'm tempted to get SpaceMarine for $25USD at one of those CD-Key sites. hope GMG gets theirs up soon :/[/QUOTE]

lol I did this. Got it for $28.xx it was a $29.99 site with 5% off by liking facebok. forgot the code or site I went to. Working well so far. The game plays EXTREMELY well on PC. High end low end you name it, my GTX 570 only uses 55% usage haha but it's soo silky smooth. They email you the picture of the manual where the key is in like 1 minute. Preloaded it on monday and was playing for an hour or so yesterday did some MP and SP.

http://cdkeysdiscount.com/146-warhammer-40000-space-marine.html

*edit added link

Looks like GMG has keys for Dead Island again now. If you were one of the people still waiting on a key for your purchase, you should be receiving it today.

[quote name='p5ych0']i got 2 keys in my email today for dead island, does anybody know what they are for? maybe dlc?[/QUOTE]

one is for game the other one is for bloodbath dlc

I've had the game since tuesday, did the send me a europe code too? I would hate to plug it into steam and take up a code that I don't need. I assume the second code is the dlc?

[quote name='p5ych0']I've had the game since tuesday, did the send me a europe code too? I would hate to plug it into steam and take up a code that I don't need. I assume the second code is the dlc?[/QUOTE]

Yeah i had the same issue. I have a second code from GMG(i got one when i bought it) that looks like it may be another copy of the full game. I have no way to verify that though.

EDIT: I guess I should be more specific. I thought it was DLC because they sent me 2 codes in the same email. The first one redeemed for Bloodbath Arena. The second code told me that it would not be redeemed because I already owned the content. I doubt they sent me two copies of DLC and they sent me a different code than I redeemed with on Tuesday(I still have it written down)

[quote name='bdb2m']Yeah i had the same issue. I have a second code from GMG(i got one when i bought it) that looks like it may be another copy of the full game. I have no way to verify that though.

EDIT: I guess I should be more specific. I thought it was DLC because they sent me 2 codes in the same email. The first one redeemed for Bloodbath Arena. The second code told me that it would not be redeemed because I already owned the content. I doubt they sent me two copies of DLC and they sent me a different code than I redeemed with on Tuesday(I still have it written down)[/QUOTE]

I also got a second e-mail with different activation codes. One was for the Bloodbath DLC, the other looked like it might activate if I didn't already have the game. I will ask in the greenmangaming forum about it.

^^ Sorry, Im on my phone so I can't check; will that code work on Batman AC? And did we decide if you can ignore the "capsule client" forever after downloading the game, or would you have to always use Capsule when playing Batman?

Thanks!!

bread's done
Back