Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

Not really since a) it ain't worth it for a penny and b) you can't buy unlimited copies on gmg anyway.

Well, for my $5 I've now got Rotastic, Sniper Elite 1, and Sniper Elite 2: Shoot Hitler in the Balls, plus another $2 in credit I can easily find a use for in the next week or so. Pretty rad!

Theoretically, is it possible to keep buying Roctastic with the credit and gain a penny each time? Seems like an exploit.
It used to be limited to one purchase per account and per payment method (PP account or credit card) to prevent people from buying multiple copies on fake accounts. I do see a link to purchase another copy though, so not sure if they changed it

You can only buy it once per account.
It appears to let you buy more than 1 copy. After you buy it once, a small link will come up on the right of the page saying "You own this game. Buy another copy". I haven't tried checking out though, so not sure if it works.

It appears to let you buy more than 1 copy. After you buy it once, a small link will come up on the right of the page saying "You own this game. Buy another copy". I haven't tried checking out though, so not sure if it works.
Ohh, now I see it. It's not a button but some ninja text in the corner.

I've bought three copies and can confirm that it gives you a penny more credit each time. I feel kind of like a scumbag doing it though, because I doubt they planned for that.

I've bought three copies and can confirm that it gives you a penny more credit each time. I feel kind of like a scumbag doing it though, because I doubt they planned for that.
Yeah.. they probably didn't plan to make it give you $2 credit/$1 cashback. 1 is enough for me, I'm not gonna abuse it.

Those with a guilty conscience can PM me a key.  I will help alleviate the moral burden.  Let's carry this sin together.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know they upped the purchasing limit to five copies for some games.

So you could potentially screw GMG out of a nickel by chaining Rotastics and feeding them to Cheaplikeafox.

Got myself Laxius Force 3 (I like RPGs though this is straight to the backlog...have the rest already)...then got Rotastic cause of free...I'll save the 2 dollars for future deals. Not too bad overall!

Both would be nice! ;)

The Cave is tempting. I wonder if that will show up in a bundle soon. I don't know what Sega's policy is or if their games have shown up in bundles before.
Double Fine wasn't able to get it added to the DF HB so I doubt it'll be in any indie bundles.. it's been in plenty of Amazon bundles though. I'd buy it now if you want it, $3.74 + $2 credit back is a good deal.

Laxius Force 3
Meme_poker_face_white_background_1920x1200_wallpaper_www.wallpaperfo.com_73.jpg

I picked up a copy of Rotastic, and after seeing people talk about getting multiple copies I decided to grab an extra copy. But I now there is no "Buy Now" button on the store page. Am I missing something? Or did they fix whatever glitch was allowing people to grab more than one copy?

Bought Sniper Elite 1 + 2xRotastic + 3 Sniper Elite V2 DLC. Total = $4,5. Plus, still have $2 credit. So, total = $2,5, Sniper Elite 1 normal discount price (I really wanted that game) . Great!!

Didn't bought Kill Hitler... $4 - $2 == 75%. So, better buy it with GabeN money ;)

I picked up a copy of Rotastic, and after seeing people talk about getting multiple copies I decided to grab an extra copy. But I now there is no "Buy Now" button on the store page. Am I missing something? Or did they fix whatever glitch was allowing people to grab more than one copy?
You need to click the "buy another copy" link

Also I wouldn't go anywhere near The Cave. I've had four game-breaking/save corrupting glitches across both my Steam copy and my Xbox Live copy. So buggy. The most recent was two days ago on the Steam version, so any nonsense about it being patched should be ignored.

Signed, a huge Double Fine fan.

Why are people buying multiple copies of Rotastic?
Resellability is my guess. I see a TON just got posted on steamgifts. I shelled out for the whole Sniper Elite v2 pack without realizing v1 was available in the sale as well. GMG has always done a terrible job of advertising games on sale (at least for my logical mind); all I saw mentioned was the pack and "Up to 75% off v2" or some business. And I really want to keep that $2 credit for something I know will show up in the following days. Damn it to hell! (Does v1 support widescreen? If so, did anyone manage to snag an extra copy :?)

Resellability is my guess. I see a TON just got posted on steamgifts. I shelled out for the whole Sniper Elite v2 pack without realizing v1 was available in the sale as well. GMG has always done a terrible job of advertising games on sale (at least for my logical mind); all I saw mentioned was the pack and "Up to 75% off v2" or some business. And I really want to keep that $2 credit for something I know will show up in the following days. Damn it to hell! (Does v1 support widescreen? If so, did anyone manage to snag an extra copy :?)
Buying Sniper Elite 1 gives you another $2 credit...

Thanks for highlighting the $2 credit chaining! Still undecided about The Cave... also unsure of Worms Ultimate.

B/c the normal CAG rule is 75% off or better for backlogging a game.
I think I'm experiencing a higher level of CAG... I sometimes say, $5/75% off ain't enough.. I'd like another 20% on top of that (and it occasionally happens, e.g. GG Dead Island GOTY).

I know, but the points are still valid. The game is still buggy, and the updates are still few and far between. The game being buggy wasn't even the point of linking it anyways, that's just one more point against BGEE.
Imo, to me the biggest point of that is that the exclusive content is crap and you're better off modding the original BG.

Thanks for highlighting the $2 credit chaining! Still undecided about The Cave... also unsure of Worms Ultimate.
I'd steer away from any Worms game besides Armageddon. The physics system on all of them is clunky and flawed. Not to say the games are all terrible besides Armageddon, but Armageddon is just head and shoulders above the rest of the series.

Maybe Steam will sell it by itself at some point... I got it as a preorder bonus with Revolution (which is the second best PC worms game, but is still a bunch of fluff packed with a crappy engine). I'm not sure how you can get Armageddon otherwise.

Also, people still play Worms Armageddon multiplayer. I don't think the same can be said of the newer games...

I'd steer away from any Worms game besides Armageddon. The physics system on all of them is clunky and flawed. Not to say the games are all terrible besides Armageddon, but Armageddon is just head and shoulders above the rest of the series.

Maybe Steam will sell it by itself at some point... I got it as a preorder bonus with Revolution (which is the second best PC worms game, but is still a bunch of fluff packed with a crappy engine). I'm not sure how you can get Armageddon otherwise.

Also, people still play Worms Armageddon multiplayer. I don't think the same can be said of the newer games...
I liked Worms World Party... and Reloaded. Never played Revolution. Worms Ultimate has some great reviews... but I don't want a worms game in 3D.

I'm actually tempted to get Rush Bros for $3. It's a fairly new release and is getting card support.

And yeah, I may have gotten the last copy of Rotastic. 

I liked Worms World Party... and Reloaded. Never played Revolution. Worms Ultimate has some great reviews... but I don't want a worms game in 3D.
Like I said, other Worms games aren't necessarily bad, Armageddon is just better (mostly because its physics engine is flawless).

Damn, I missed Rotastic. :whistle2:(

Definitely going to pick up Worms UM though, and I'll have to take a closer look at the SE v2 DLC to see if it's worth getting.

Didn't realize Worms Ultimate was one of the 3D ones, woops. Can't really pit the 3D games against the 2D games, since they're just totally different. I had fun with Worms 3D on the PS2. They're not really as good as classic 2D Worms, but it's a totally different experience, so comparing them is kinda silly.

Sadly, Worms 3D on PS2 is the only 3D Worms game that I've played. Can't say anything about Ultimate.

Looks like they took down the $2 GMG credit bonus for the Sniper Elite titles. Bummer. :/

Didn't realize Worms Ultimate was one of the 3D ones, woops. Can't really pit the 3D games against the 2D games, since they're just totally different. I had fun with Worms 3D on the PS2. They're not really as good as classic 2D Worms, but it's a totally different experience, so comparing them is kinda silly.

Sadly, Worms 3D on PS2 is the only 3D Worms game that I've played. Can't say anything about Ultimate.
I have a retail disc for Worms 4 (Starforce included...) and it sucked compared to 2 / Armageddon / WWP. That said, I didn't give it much of a chance, and UM is supposed to be an improved version of 3D + Mayhem.

Bought set, but seems they removed credit while ordered and it ended up costing me for whole set :(
I just noticed that they've removed the credit from Sniper Elite 1 after I'd added it to my cart. Now I have to wait ~10 minutes for my cart to time out (I'm not going to pay $3 for it) because their cart system doesn't seem to have any way to remove items. :dunce:

bread's done
Back