Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

I'm really tempted by State of Decay. Short of an MSRP drop or a bundle, 75%+15% off seems about as low as it'll go. 

I'm really tempted by State of Decay. Short of an MSRP drop or a bundle, 75%+15% off seems about as low as it'll go.
Me too, but I usually end buying indie games right before they appear in bundle, so this time I hope I'll resist.

It's a great bundle material - it can be a BTA headliner, in addition it has dlc, which will tempt you to buy them later and is carried by humble store. I doubt it will be bundled soon, but I think I should at least wait to see what humble is going to offer today.

Me too, but I usually end buying indie games right before they appear in bundle, so this time I hope I'll resist.

It's a great bundle material - it can be a BTA headliner, in addition it has dlc, which will tempt you to buy them later and is carried by humble store. I doubt it will be bundled soon, but I think I should at least wait to see what humble is going to offer today.
in HiB 12 today.

It's finally time to grab State of Decay, been waiting a long time for a great deal. Is that DLC worthwhile? I'll get the DLC too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Breakdown DLC sounds useless. I have credit? aand bought...
It's not useless. The main game is a storyline, Breakdown is a new game mode that's more randomized, apparently more difficult, and more sandbox style forcing you to survive instead of going through a series of story missions like in the main game.

Would snatch up State of Derpcay if I had Playfire monies.  As it is I'll just wait for the Steam sale.  I'm sure it'll be 75% off there.

It's cheaper but spending fake money > spending real money.  I've never bothered with Playfire because of the SAM thing (and the narcs).  I'm sure I'd have like $60+ by now if I did.

(and the narcs)
tumblr_n6qnkgy4ka1qjde42o1_1280.jpg

Since, we're actually doing this two thread thing:

Day 6 Deals are up.

It's WB's day.

Everything's 75% off. Only noteworthy deals I can think of are Origins Blackgate for $5, Lego Hobbit for $7.50, Lego Movie Game for $7.50, the Season Pass for Origins for $5 (good if you got the base game for $5 something from GameStop), and Injustice for $7.50 if you missed Mayhem at Amazon for whatever reason.

Everything else has been this price before multiple times, if not lower. Kinda boring. At least this means the Playfire rewards will be good since I own so many of the games.

LEGO Hobbit and LEGO Movie Game should be $20 MSRP soon, right? Can't be too far off, and then inevitably they'll be on sale for $5 like the others.

Is anyone else concerned that Arkham Origins might not got a GOTY edition?

with voucher that makes it $6.37, second lowest price after gamestop's $5.24, which was either a glitch or very limited time offer. and i have doubt's it'll go any lower during summer sale, so might as well pick up now.

I had told myself I'd buy Arkham Origins with Playfire money... but I keep expecting a GOTY edition to drop any day now.

Sigh.
You know it'll happen. That trailer for the new Batman: Arkham Knight makes Origins look like a chump. They'll have it bundled up and cheap when it gets close to release, I'd imagine.

So can I buy multiples of stuff? A friend wants me to help him get something from there, the Arkham Origins Season Pass, but since I might be getting it too, I want to make sure I can get two of them.

Lately when I've bought something, I haven't been able to add it to cart on my account again.

Try making sure you have 2 of the item added at checkout?

Hmmm, that must be new then. Before, if I bought a game I couldn't even put it in my cart again later, but I just tested it and was able to add another copy to cart and checkout. So they must have changed that policy. Good to know.
Rotastic was free last years summer sale so back then it worked.

In UK it was even better than free they paid 0.51£ for each copy you took. :(

You know it'll happen. That trailer for the new Batman: Arkham Knight makes Origins look like a chump. They'll have it bundled up and cheap when it gets close to release, I'd imagine.
Batman: Arkham Origins got NOTHING on Batman: AA + AC.

Not even close.

Though, I did like Origins - it just ain't the other 2.

And yes - Arkham Knight looks awesome.

That Batmobile is slick.

I ended up buying Batman Blackgate, 'cause why not. I know it's kinda sucky but it's Batman.

I still hesitate to buy Arkham Origins, especially after looking at the forums and seeing all the people yelling at the devs for not fixing the game completely. :(

I ended up buying Batman Blackgate, 'cause why not. I know it's kinda sucky but it's Batman.

I still hesitate to buy Arkham Origins, especially after looking at the forums and seeing all the people yelling at the devs for not fixing the game completely. :(
Origins is, in my opinion, second only to Asylum. It's like a lot of prequels, where a lot of the fun of the story is seeing how things started, but it does it so well. The part that explored Joker's beginnings was amazing and is, in my opinion, the best sequence in the series. As for glitches, what are people saying is wrong with it? I remember months ago there seemed to be issues with objectives not completing and such but I just played through again and it was flawless, at least in terms of glitches or bugs.. Hell, even the "Latest News" section on Steam is almost all patch notes from the devs. I would say that if you're willing to put up with Blackgate's issues you'll have no problem getting into Origins.

I'd be interested in Origins for the story but not until it's $5 for complete.  I mean, I haven't even played City yet... Asylum was one of my favorite games ever but I feel there's too much in my backlog I still have to get to before I'm ready to roleplay Batman again.  Especially since I essentially beat AA three times.

I hate that we have two GMG threads now. Not sure whether to post here or the other one, but because this seems to get more traffic:

Can someone please explain to me whether it's worth the extra 4 bucks for F1 2013 Classic Edition versus vanilla? Chances are I'll never play either (just like every other racing game I own, sigh), but I've been wanting a good F1 game in my collection for a while and it sounds like Classic has a lot of extra content. Only problem is I'm about 90 cents short on credit. Need those rewards from the last two days to flip...
The other thread is for pirates.

Yes, get the classic edition. I can't imagine getting just base game. The Classic Edition stuff is really the new stuff in 2013.

I'd be interested in Origins for the story but not until it's $5 for complete. I mean, I haven't even played City yet... Asylum was one of my favorite games ever but I feel there's too much in my backlog I still have to get to before I'm ready to roleplay Batman again. Especially since I essentially beat AA three times.
The boss fights in Origins are pretty damn good, as well.

It's just...maybe I've had too much Batman.

Origins wasn't too much different than AA or AC.

Definitely worth playing Origins, though - IMHO.

Anybody played Damnation? Looks interesting but I'm not sure if it's $2.50 interesting.
It started out as a mod for Unreal Tournament 2004 (just like Killing Floor), but it didn't get the same love that Tripwire gave their game. It's okay -- I liked parts of it -- but it seems rather generic now that the third-person action game is so well-covered. You may not hate it, but it won't be your favorite in the genre either.

Anyone have input on the best deals up today?  I missed the beginning of the sale, so I'm thinking about Skullgirls bundle and Summoner.

Thanks!

GMG is driving me crazy, I put everything in the basket, click checkout, and it signs me out and I can't sign in anymore. Jesus. Anyone have this?

Tried different browsers already.

Anyone have input on the best deals up today? I missed the beginning of the sale, so I'm thinking about Skullgirls bundle and Summoner.

Thanks!
Castle of Illusion is a decent deal. For the most part though I wasn't impressed with the start of the sale. If they bring back the rest of the week for tomorrow then State of Decay for $5 was nice.

I really wanted the $5 Dishonored base game, but they only have the GOTY for $19.50. They must know that's not great since they didn't bother to add it to the Bethesda page this time around.

any thoughts on kingdoms of amalur pack? should have bought it when it was on sale at amazon but played the demo and really enjoyed it

My $3.11 in store credit just magically decreased to 40 cents on its own. Anyone ever have this happen? I want Castle of Illusion, damn it.

EDIT: Been trying to call their customer service line for awhile now. Busy signal every time. I'm done with this site.

bread's done
Back