Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

[quote name='Larce80']Wow, theyre really trying to sell more Darksoul copies..$6.50 trade in bonus when you buy it, comes down to $32.99 for me. Cant use voucher though :D
Ill get it later at $5[/QUOTE]
It is $32 with the voucher codes which are still good today. Not sure why they are even offering it with the trade-in today when it is a worse deal.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']I was sort of thinking I wanted the PC version as it sounds gorgeous, and I have a controller, but then I got an email tonight that my $70 CE from Sears is processing...but it won't show up til the 16th! I need this game on day 1![/QUOTE]

I know this is totally first world problems at its finest, but someone really needs to figure out a way to email you the Steam key right on release while snail mailing you the actual physical goodies for collector's editions.

If you think that's bad, a while back I ordered the special Risen 2 CE from Germany, so yeah that took a while to get here and it's also a Steam game.

[quote name='Motoki']I know this is totally first world problems at its finest, but someone really needs to figure out a way to email you the Steam key right on release while snail mailing you the actual physical goodies for collector's editions.

If you think that's bad, a while back I ordered the special Risen 2 CE from Germany, so yeah that took a while to get here and it's also a Steam game.[/QUOTE]

Hi motoki, how good is Risen 2? I really wanted it to be on sale with a great price on summer sale on steam but it was $29+DLC=$50 and I've heard that is has more bugs than Risen 1 at launch (I loved Risen 1 by the way).

I currently found Risen 2 at $19 on intkeys but wonder how good is the DLC (which shloud've been part of the game since day 1).

Also, love your group on steam and thanks for the givewawys.

[quote name='ochentay4']Hi motoki, how good is Risen 2? I really wanted it to be on sale with a great price on summer sale on steam but it was $29+DLC=$50 and I've heard that is has more bugs than Risen 1 at launch (I loved Risen 1 by the way).

I currently found Risen 2 at $19 on intkeys but wonder how good is the DLC (which shloud've been part of the game since day 1).

Also, love your group on steam and thanks for the givewawys.[/QUOTE]

I liked the base game of Risen 2 quite a bit, though it's not perfect. I would say it's too hard in the beginning, about right in the middle and too easy in the end but that is kind of the usual for Piranha Bytes games.

The game did ship with some serious issues with the combat. There was no dodge maneuver and you couldn't block creatures at all. The fixed this shortly afterward with the one and only patch they released, but the the pre-patch version was the one that got reviewed.

Overall it was fun to play a pirate and a have a crew and I found the story interesting and the humor (mostly) good. There is some exploration and the world opens up a bit when you get a ship but don't expect a totally open world like Skyrim. It's more along the lines of the The Witcher where you go through set areas at a time sequentially and can explore those areas but not the whole world. Also you don't actually get to sail the ship, it just acts as a loading screen segue between areas.

The DLC I don't think is worth it at full price. The two quest ones are short, bland and don't tie into the main game very well. They just feel tacked on. The clothing one gives you a nice looking outfit but there's one with better stats that you can buy in one of the ports once you get a ship.

Don't feel like you aren't getting the full experience without the DLC. 98% of the content is in the base game and the content there is more interesting than the DLC.

I would say only get the DLC if it's on sale cheap (ie 75% off) otherwise wait on it.

Oh and when you get ready to sail to fight the final boss who basically has been the main enemy for the whole game, Patty your first mate will ask if you are sure you are ready. Make sure to keep at least one save before you tell her yes. Otherwise you will not be able to go back and do the DLC if you decide to get it later.

[quote name='Motoki']I liked the base game of Risen 2 quite a bit, though it's not perfect. I would say it's too hard in the beginning, about right in the middle and too easy in the end but that is kind of the usual for Piranha Bytes games.

The game did ship with some serious issues with the combat. There was no dodge maneuver and you couldn't block creatures at all. The fixed this shortly afterward with the one and only patch they released, but the the pre-patch version was the one that got reviewed.

Overall it was fun to play a pirate and a have a crew and I found the story interesting and the humor (mostly) good. There is some exploration and the world opens up a bit when you get a ship but don't expect a totally open world like Skyrim. It's more along the lines of the The Witcher where you go through set areas at a time sequentially and can explore those areas but not the whole world. Also you don't actually get to sail the ship, it just acts as a loading screen segue between areas.

The DLC I don't think is worth it at full price. The two quest ones are short, bland and don't tie into the main game very well. They just feel tacked on. The clothing one gives you a nice looking outfit but there's one with better stats that you can buy in one of the ports once you get a ship.

Don't feel like you aren't getting the full experience without the DLC. 98% of the content is in the base game and the content there is more interesting than the DLC.

I would say only get the DLC if it's on sale cheap (ie 75% off) otherwise wait on it.

Oh and when you get ready to sail to fight the final boss who basically has been the main enemy for the whole game, Patty your first mate will ask if you are sure you are ready. Make sure to keep at least one save before you tell her yes. Otherwise you will not be able to go back and do the DLC if you decide to get it later.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the brief review! I will get the game once it includes all DLC, its bugs are ironed out and its on sale (at least $30 with DLC included). I have yet to play Skyrim...

[quote name='Motoki']I know this is totally first world problems at its finest, but someone really needs to figure out a way to email you the Steam key right on release while snail mailing you the actual physical goodies for collector's editions.

If you think that's bad, a while back I ordered the special Risen 2 CE from Germany, so yeah that took a while to get here and it's also a Steam game.[/QUOTE]

I'd be all over the THQ store deal if they were just sending me a code for the game/content, instead of relying on what is apparently the worst third party distributor in the world.

I really want to snag Borderlands 2, but the site is dead set against me using any voucher codes, or checking my basket once I add a game to it. Guess I'll just stick with my Amazon preorder at 50 bucks.

The 20% off codes are dead so I edited the OP and removed them from the post itself. Didn't see a way to edit the thread title. Hope Sleeping Dogs shows up again for a nice discount. Just decided today that I want the game but forgot the codes expired August 1st!

[quote name='Killbomb']The 20% off codes are dead so I edited the OP and removed them from the post itself. Didn't see a way to edit the thread title. Hope Sleeping Dogs shows up again for a nice discount. Just decided today that I want the game but forgot the codes expired August 1st![/QUOTE]
Thread title is updated now, unfortunately I always have to change it as the wiki doesn't allow it.

As for Sleeping Dogs, if you still have one of the free games you can trade it in for a bonus on Sleeping Dogs and get it for $35.99.

[quote name='rybrad']Thread title is updated now, unfortunately I always have to change it as the wiki doesn't allow it.

As for Sleeping Dogs, if you still have one of the free games you can trade it in for a bonus on Sleeping Dogs and get it for $35.99.[/QUOTE]

Ah, figured you would have to change the title. Anyway, guess I'll dump Hacker Evolution and get Sleeping Dogs. Doubt it will be any cheaper before release.

I don't know if anyone else here was having the problem, but they posted a response to why so many people were getting the "Order Not Complete" error.

http://forums.greenmangaming.com/topic/2522/

The important part:
"Because these payment issues affected many users to such an extent that they could not take up any of the 20% offers, rest assured that once we reach a resolution there will be another code created and sent out publicly in a follow-up post, available to all users on a multiple-use basis."

[quote name='rybrad']New trade-in offer today.

Guild Wars 2 $52.95 with trade-in of previous free game[/QUOTE]

Now if only I could get them to take my damn credit card. Apparently they had some issue last night with a lot of people's offers being rejected. The good thing about that, however, is they said they're going to put another 20% off code up since some people (myself included) weren't able to use theirs. Hopefully they do it today and I can stack the deals!

Wow, that code drops Borderlands 2 down to $36.00 (it's on sale for today only for $47.99, which stacks with that coupon). Not bad at all.

[quote name='ochentay4']Thanks for the brief review! I will get the game once it includes all DLC, its bugs are ironed out and its on sale (at least $30 with DLC included). I have yet to play Skyrim...[/QUOTE]

You might want to check Angry Joe's review on Risen 2. It looks very mediocre with some fatal gameplay flaws. Don't spend money on bad games.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Does anyone know if you can use the PC Gamer code more than once?[/QUOTE]
You asked in the other thread about using it on Darksiders 2. From the GMG blog:
Darksiders 2 is 25% off with code CROSS-OVERA-LREDY from 1100 UTC August 5th until 1100 UTC August 6th.

So I wouldn't risk using the PC Gamer code on Darksiders 2 since you'll get the same discount from the above voucher code.

[quote name='Syntax Error']You asked in the other thread about using it on Darksiders 2. From the GMG blog:

So I wouldn't risk using the PC Gamer code on Darksiders 2 since you'll get the same discount from the above voucher code.[/QUOTE]
Cool, thanks. I'll use the PC gamer one on Borderlands and consider getting Darksiders 2 with the other one.

[quote name='hbk']You might want to check Angry Joe's review on Risen 2. It looks very mediocre with some fatal gameplay flaws. Don't spend money on bad games.[/QUOTE]

They fixed a couple of the major issues with the combat since he did the review. And bad is relative. I liked it, but that's just one guy's opinion. Then again so is Angry Joe's.

[quote name='Xellos2099']Might have to bite at sleeping dog at $33 lol.[/QUOTE]

I have 7 dollars worth of credit to get it for 26 bucks. I'm VERY tempted, but still... can't bring myself to buy it without some official reviews.

Borderlands 2 is apparently going to be 20% off, but the price hasn't updated. And that is prevoucher, putting it at like, 36 dollars.

[quote name='topplehat']Borderlands 2 is now $37.50 with the 25% off coupon.[/QUOTE]

Yeah im on my phone amd i could see the 47.99 price but i go to the game page/ checkoiy and its 49.99. O well im in at 37.5

[quote name='facls']I have 7 dollars worth of credit to get it for 26 bucks. I'm VERY tempted, but still... can't bring myself to buy it without some official reviews.[/QUOTE]
I'm in the same boat, looks great but I can't commit money to it yet. If I was buying a physical copy I'd have preordered a couple months ago when I saw footage of this.

I got Borderlands at $36 a couple hours ago, they changed it?

[quote name='Scouter']can you add borderlands 2 to steam?[/QUOTE]
You are required to.

[quote name='topplehat']Borderlands 2 is now $37.50 with the 25% off coupon.[/QUOTE]

*sigh* And I still can't get an order to go through. I'd really love to give GMG some money. If only they didn't make that so difficult!

[quote name='Cantatus']*sigh* And I still can't get an order to go through. I'd really love to give GMG some money. If only they didn't make that so difficult![/QUOTE]

I had trouble trying to checkout with my credit card, so I switched to Paypal and it worked just fine.

Awesome price for Borderlands 2. I had it preordered on Amazon for $53, but not anymore. I had great success with GMG when I preordered Gods & Kings expansion for Civ V.

Any CAGer help me and get a copy of Borderlands 2 using Paypal? I can pay back immediately. I messed up my email and didnt use my Paypal email and its a pain trying to change it on my phone

I tried tweeting GMG on Twitter, about the Borderlands 2 discount discrepancy (16% instead of 20%), and the wanker is just ignoring me. How long does it take to reply to a fucking tweet?!

you never know with this site, just last week i purchase borderlands 2 for 40 and now with the new discount and the new coupon it comes down to 37.50, many would say its only 2.50 but that many probably don't remember the name of this site ;)

[quote name='dEvAnGeL']you never know with this site, just last week i purchase borderlands 2 for 40 and now with the new discount and the new coupon it comes down to 37.50, many would say its only 2.50 but that many probably don't remember the name of this site ;)[/QUOTE]

I bought Sleeping Dogs from GMG the other day for $35.99 with the trade-in deal and now it's $33.74 so you're not alone. Not even worth the hassle of trying to cancel and rebuy for $2.15 since the original conversion fee of a dollar and change probably wouldn't be refunded.

[quote name='Killbomb']I bought Sleeping Dogs from GMG the other day for $35.99 with the trade-in deal and now it's $33.74 so you're not alone. Not even worth the hassle of trying to cancel and rebuy for $2.15 since the original conversion fee of a dollar and change probably wouldn't be refunded.[/QUOTE]

You might even be charged a second conversion fee as they refund the money.

[quote name='pROvIs']You might even be charged a second conversion fee as they refund the money.[/QUOTE]

Haven't cancelled a pre-order with them yet but I wouldn't be surprised if that were true.

I just submitted a request for a refund to try and save a couple bucks, not sure about this conversion fee stuff... I didn't get extra fee for the initial payment through paypal, so I'm hoping it'll turn out ok. My main concern is gmg support actually responding before the deal is over...

Is the referral for $2 still in effect, OPs redirects me to the homepage. Do I just try checking out with a game from there? I'm thinking of creating a new account, but maybe I'm complicating things too much.

[quote name='slugboss']I just submitted a request for a refund to try and save a couple bucks, not sure about this conversion fee stuff... I didn't get extra fee for the initial payment through paypal, so I'm hoping it'll turn out ok. My main concern is gmg support actually responding before the deal is over...

Is the referral for $2 still in effect, OPs redirects me to the homepage. Do I just try checking out with a game from there? I'm thinking of creating a new account, but maybe I'm complicating things too much.[/QUOTE]

The conversion fee is what you get charged for them to convert your US dollars into British pounds since GMG is located in the UK. I normally see only the GMG charge for the game right away on my bank statement and then the conversion fee will show up later. Not sure how it works with Paypal but you might want to make sure you didn't get charged again for a $1+ or so.

Does that apply to paypal? I ordered Borderlands 2 on 7/30 and havn't got an additional fee. I guess I might get pretty owned. Ordered The Last Remnant a few days before for $1 and havn't had an additional fee either. Regardless, I didn't think through how archaic this process is on this small site.

[quote name='slugboss']Does that apply to paypal? I ordered Borderlands 2 on 7/30 and havn't got an additional fee. I guess I might get pretty owned. Ordered The Last Remnant a few days before for $1 and havn't had an additional fee either. Regardless, I didn't think through how archaic this process is on this small site.[/QUOTE]

ive purchased a few things from them over the last year using pp and i dont recall any additional fees at all.

bread's done
Back