Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

[quote name='matttco']i'm in the us. Why is there no more far cry 3?[/quote]
This!!

EDIT: ...So they DID have it? I've never seen it there.

Can anyone confirm that the 35% works on Bioshock? I'll pick up Crysis 3 or Tomb Raider + Bioshock if I can get out for ~$70. 30% does not though.

[quote name='emwearz']If you use a proxy and the voucher you can pick up Far Cry 3 for $35.00.[/QUOTE]

I used a UK proxy and after voucher it was £24.50 (US$39.xx). Am I missing something?

[quote name='ShockandAww']Nice got Tomb Raider pre ordered for $31.50 with the code.[/QUOTE]

I overpayed by $5!

What was I thinking?

That's not the way to stick it to the man! :boxing:

Just kidding, I don't mind supporting developers a little bit more here and then.

Hmm, so Tomb Raider is on this page for games qualifying for pre-purchase and get a 35% off voucher for future use, though there doesn't seem to be any mention of it on the product page. $31.50 for the game and a 35% off voucher to use on something else would be pretty sweet.

[quote name='V878']Hmm, so Tomb Raider is on this page for games qualifying for pre-purchase and get a 35% off voucher for future use, though there doesn't seem to be any mention of it on the product page. $31.50 for the game and a 35% off voucher to use on something else would be pretty sweet.[/QUOTE]
As noted upthread, they don't stack. You only get the 35% future voucher if you pay full price for the pre-order.

Given how often GMG offers vouchers, I'd rather take 30% off the top of the pre-order and trust in another discount coming along for my second game. Or buy both right now for 30% off each.

[quote name='Syntax Error']As noted upthread, they don't stack. You only get the 35% future voucher if you pay full price for the pre-order.

Given how often GMG offers vouchers, I'd rather take 30% off the top of the pre-order and trust in another discount coming along for my second game. Or buy both right now for 30% off each.[/QUOTE]
Not according to this blog post: http://blog.greenmangaming.com/2012/11/pre-purchase-game-and-get-35-off-voucher.html

They specifically mention buying a game with the 35% off voucher and getting another 35% off voucher.

[quote name='Syntax Error']I was speaking in terms of the "original" game.
(Bolding mine)
I may be misunderstanding here but I'd take this to mean that if I buy a game off the list with the 30% voucher, I won't get a 35% voucher as a reward. Am I wrong?

The example they give is buying Bioshock: Infinite first since no vouchers can be used on it anyway and using the reward voucher to buy another game for 35% off.

Assuming the above is correct (and if it's not, please let me know since that makes some of the offers more attractive) then, assuming both games allow vouchers, you're better off paying ($60-30%)x2 than paying $60+($60-35%) --- if that makes any sense.

If you can pay ($60-30%)+($60-35%) then there's no question that that's best.[/QUOTE]
I added Metro to the cart, used the voucher and received no message of any kind saying I wouldn't get a voucher. I believe they used Bioshock as the starting example because it is the only game you can't use vouchers on since 2K are assholes. If the 35% off vouchers will work on other games that give you another voucher, I see no reason why the 30% won't work the same way. Of course, if someone has completed a transaction and this is not the case they should speak up, but the post you quoted sounds like conjecture to me.

Edit: Found a post on GMG where someone confirmed they received the 35% voucher after using the 30% voucher for their purchase. True to the GMG way though they were having some issue with the voucher but hey, at least it showed up.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='crzyboy88']I wonder if Guild Wars 2 will be cheaper than this in the near future...[/QUOTE]
im in the same boat as you. its a good price and i dont think it will get much cheaper. ill probably end up getting it

[quote name='humidore']I used a UK proxy and after voucher it was £24.50 (US$39.xx). Am I missing something?[/QUOTE]

For me when I used a UK proxy it put the price into USD when I logged into my account, it went to $50USD, which became $35 with 30% off.

[quote name='emwearz']For me when I used a UK proxy it put the price into USD when I logged into my account, it went to $50USD, which became $35 with 30% off.[/QUOTE]

Ah good point, I wasn't logged into my account. By purchasing from them this way, would I be able to start playing since it's already out in Europe? And I'm guessing it's not Steam compatible (I figure only buying it on Steam gives me that)..?

Would really like to order the Far Cry 3 Deluxe edition but I got worried when the proxy server warnewd me that my info wasnt secure and could be intercepted. If anyone from the UK would be interested in ordering me a copy I'll pay you the amount and gift you a copy of Darkspore on Steam if u want

[quote name='humidore']Ah good point, I wasn't logged into my account. By purchasing from them this way, would I be able to start playing since it's already out in Europe? And I'm guessing it's not Steam compatible (I figure only buying it on Steam gives me that)..?[/QUOTE]

I could not tell you to be honest, it is also out in Australia.

It activates in the uPlay client after you download the installer through capsule (Which has some decent content to unlock once you get enough achievement points to buy them like a single player mission, extra online mode and single player gun). After it is added to uPlay you don't need capsule installed anymore. Even if you had the steam version, it still goes through uPlay, all Ubisoft games do now.

[quote name='MrshllJcb']Would really like to order the Far Cry 3 Deluxe edition but I got worried when the proxy server warnewd me that my info wasnt secure and could be intercepted. If anyone from the UK would be interested in ordering me a copy I'll pay you the amount and gift you a copy of Darkspore on Steam if u want[/QUOTE]

The 'safe' way to do it is like this.

1. Sign into GMG.Com
2. Enable UK Proxy (You will still be signed into GMG
3. Add the game to your cart, apply voucher.
4. Disable Proxy
5. Purchase game

That way your GMG details and payment / paypal details don't get entered via the proxy.

[quote name='emwearz']I could not tell you to be honest, it is also out in Australia.

It activates in the uPlay client after you download the installer through capsule (Which has some decent content to unlock once you get enough achievement points to buy them like a single player mission, extra online mode and single player gun). After it is added to uPlay you don't need capsule installed anymore. Even if you had the steam version, it still goes through uPlay, all Ubisoft games do now.

The 'safe' way to do it is like this.

1. Sign into GMG.Com
2. Enable UK Proxy (You will still be signed into GMG
3. Add the game to your cart, apply voucher.
4. Disable Proxy
5. Purchase game

That way your GMG details and payment / paypal details don't get entered via the proxy.[/QUOTE]

Sorry to ask so many noobish questions, but which uk proxy do you use so that you can just enable and disable it? i googled uk proxy and went through one called daveproxy and it brought me to the gmg site where I could put FC3 in my basket, but I couldnt figure out how to be signed in still from my normal gmg account

[quote name='MrshllJcb']Sorry to ask so many noobish questions, but which uk proxy do you use so that you can just enable and disable it? i googled uk proxy and went through one called daveproxy and it brought me to the gmg site where I could put FC3 in my basket, but I couldnt figure out how to be signed in still from my normal gmg account[/QUOTE]

Don't use proxy sites, they are rubbish. Make your browser connect via a proxy.

I wrote a small guide for another site, I will paste here.

Should be working fine now, but if the Buy Now button does not appear for you try this (Using Proxy).

1. Find an active US Proxy, I use http://www.freeproxylists.net/us.html
  2. Enter the details into your browsers proxy settings (for firefox: Options>Advanced>Network>Connection Settings (Don't forget the port number is the number after the :, eg 192.168.0.1:8080, 192.168.0.1 is the address and 8080 is the port number)) At the time of this posting, 173.242.117.146:8080 worked for me.
  3. Sign in to GMG, add the game to your cart via the Buy Now button (If it does no appear you have done something wrong).
  4. Return to default network settings (No Proxy) [Be sure to do this before purchasing for security reasons.]
  5. Buy and Play

Make sure you select the united kingdom from that site.

[quote name='Xerxes']Does buying multiple preorders get you more 35% or is it one per promo?[/QUOTE]
Well, I assume it's one per game so I'd just buy each game separately to make sure (especially since you can daisy chain them that way).

Unless you meant buying multiple copies of a single game which GMG won't let you do anyway. Once you buy a title once, you're not allowed to purchase it again.

fuck, getting a payment denied error. Hopefully they'll let me get in on this deal after the fact, as I don't think support will be getting to me before it expires.

Picked up tomb raider. Is it just me or is the the current 35% voucher promo even more confusing than usual GMG confusion. You get a 35% voucher if you buy one of those games for other games not listed but only if you don't use a voucher now. And some games give cash back now or GMG credit later, etc, etc.

I wonder if I get this via uPlay if I can co-op with someone on Steam who has it? I dont actually know if uPlay is a client like Origin. Does anyone know?

[quote name='BREVITY']I wonder if I get this via uPlay if I can co-op with someone on Steam who has it? I dont actually know if uPlay is a client like Origin. Does anyone know?[/QUOTE]

You will most likely be able to. When you run it on Steam it makes you use Uplay anyway.

Used the 30% off on Tomb Raider and put in a support ticket asking whether it qualifies for the 35% off voucher for a future purchase. Wound up getting an email back with a code. Great service.

[quote name='Lord_Ashour']I don't think Tomb Raider will be any cheaper, at least until the Summer Sale, so i bit.[/QUOTE]

Uh, it's Square Eidos and it's Steamworks so I would be that Amazon or GMG or someone else will have it 50% or less well before Steam's summer sale.

buying on GMG is becoming a fucking lottery, if you decide to buy a game not to miss a promotion you get punished when a new/better one gets released, if you don't they never do another one for the same discount, if fucking enraging

[quote name='dEvAnGeL']buying on GMG is becoming a fucking lottery, if you decide to buy a game not to miss a promotion you get punished when a new/better one gets released, if you don't they never do another one for the same discount, if fucking enraging[/QUOTE]

If you're talking about pre-orders, they will give you the difference back in GMG credit as long as the game hasn't been released. Had no trouble getting my Hitman Absolution pre-order adjusted.

Also, Hell Yeah! is $3.74 via Steam through December 10th.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Killbomb']If you're talking about pre-orders, they will give you the difference back in GMG credit as long as the game hasn't been released. Had no trouble getting my Hitman Absolution pre-order adjusted.

Also, Hell Yeah! is $3.74 via Steam through December 10th.[/QUOTE]
They denied my friend a refund when he tried to get his Hitman preorder adjusted, due to there being some kind of time limit on Paypal transaction refunds.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']They denied my friend a refund when he tried to get his Hitman preorder adjusted, due to there being some kind of time limit on Paypal transaction refunds.[/QUOTE]

Maybe if you insist on getting the difference put back into your Paypal/bank account there is a time limit. I ordered Hitman on November 1st, requested a price adjustment on November 16th and got the $4.50 difference as GMG credit. They didn't ask me how I wanted the difference but I was fine with credit so I didn't complain.

[quote name='Killbomb']If you're talking about pre-orders, they will give you the difference back in GMG credit as long as the game hasn't been released. Had no trouble getting my Hitman Absolution pre-order adjusted.

Also, Hell Yeah! is $3.74 via Steam through December 10th.[/QUOTE]

They've credited me multiple times on normal purchases that weren't preorders too.

[quote name='Killbomb']Maybe if you insist on getting the difference put back into your Paypal/bank account there is a time limit. I ordered Hitman on November 1st, requested a price adjustment on November 16th and got the $4.50 difference as GMG credit. They didn't ask me how I wanted the difference but I was fine with credit so I didn't complain.[/QUOTE]
I doubt he would turn down credit if given the option, I don't know.

[quote name='Gunnerblink']Stronghold 3 Gold activates on steam $5.25 after coupon.

A review on the site says a recent update has finally made the game playable.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/strategy/stronghold-3/[/QUOTE]

I suppose I will have to go back and try it again at some point but man that was one dog of a game. I have over 1,000 games on Steam and that is tied with Game of Thrones: Genesis as my most regretted purchase.

I still feel like with all the other stuff they have on sale + 75% off, the Steam big picture deals going on, Amazon sega bundles, multiple indie bundles etc there are just much better ways you can spend $5.

[quote name='dEvAnGeL']does the 35% voucher you get after preordering has an expiration date?[/QUOTE]

I believe it's supposed to be 21 days.

[quote name='Motoki']I suppose I will have to go back and try it again at some point but man that was one dog of a game. I have over 1,000 games on Steam and that is tied with Game of Thrones: Genesis as my most regretted purchase.[/QUOTE]

I'm with you on that one. I got Stronghold 3 in a 2 for $15 from Get Games (I think that was the sale) with Binary Domain. I just pretend I paid $15 for Binary Domain which was surprisingly really fun.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']Is $10.50 the cheapest Endless Space has been?[/QUOTE]

Unless you count a probable mistake sale that was quickly yanked from Gamersgate a week or so ago and required finagling buying blue coins with the G2PO code then using those coins to get the (now dead) IGN discount and G2PO discount again to get it significantly cheaper then yes.

TL;DR Yes.

bread's done
Back