Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

[quote name='Motoki']Unless you count a probable mistake sale that was quickly yanked from Gamersgate a week or so ago and required finagling buying blue coins with the G2PO code then using those coins to get the (now dead) IGN discount and G2PO discount again to get it significantly cheaper then yes.

TL;DR Yes.[/QUOTE]
Quickly yanked? It was a daily deal and was $10 without any "finagling". The codes/coins just dropped it to $7.40. No IGN code? In a rush? Just using code G2PO took it under $10.

It was replaced as the daily a couple of hours before the next-day rollover, but I assumed they'd simply run out of codes because $7.40 was the cheapest yet by far. :)

If it's not $7.49 in the Steam sale in a couple of weeks, a third-party are bound to hit that area (again) in January.

I've been playing it recently, and it does feel better as a $7.50 game than a $10 game, if that makes any sense. :p Good, not great!

$7.50 in the nearish future is a real possibility so if you aren't going to play it right now, I would hold out. I tried the game on the free weekend and I really enjoyed it, but still probably a $7.50 purchase for me.

[quote name='PenguinJim']Quickly yanked? It was a daily deal and was $10 without any "finagling". The codes/coins just dropped it to $7.40. No IGN code? In a rush? Just using code G2PO took it under $10.

It was replaced as the daily a couple of hours before the next-day rollover, but I assumed they'd simply run out of codes because $7.40 was the cheapest yet by far. :)[/QUOTE]

When I checked when the deals flipped at midnight it was there then in the morning it got replaced with something else. I didn't notice it being the deal the day before and I was checking there every day during that black Friday week. To me that was quickly yanked but maybe you saw something different in the Asia region. I don't know.

Wow... the price on Secret World has dropped so much. Part of me wants to get it at this price and enjoy one month relatively cheap. Another part wants to wait to see when/if it goes F2P.

Then there's the small possibility EA considers it an overall failure and shuts it down completely.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Wow... the price on Secret World has dropped so much. Part of me wants to get it at this price and enjoy one month relatively cheap. Another part wants to wait to see when/if it goes F2P.

Then there's the small possibility EA considers it an overall failure and shuts it down completely.[/QUOTE]

EA's still got Warhammer Online going and that has even less people playing than the Secret World. You're might be right about it going free to play soon though, they probably should have done that from the beginning.

[quote name='macosin']Does anyone know if I can activate The Secret World on steam from gmg?[/QUOTE]
I'd assume not as it's an EA product so I assume it's going to be Origin.

I played it and it was fun for the month but I didn't feel compelled to continue my sub. Part of the issue was a dorked up chat client that made the world feel pretty lonely (I like an amount of OOC chatter even if I'm soloing).

[quote name='Syntax Error']I'd assume not as it's an EA product so I assume it's going to be Origin.

I played it and it was fun for the month but I didn't feel compelled to continue my sub. Part of the issue was a dorked up chat client that made the world feel pretty lonely (I like an amount of OOC chatter even if I'm soloing).[/QUOTE]

Thanks for replying! I guess ill wait till it goes f2p and then dl it on steam :p

I already have an account but I dont want to pay $15 to renew it + Im always soloing just like you :/ and its super boring.

[quote name='Zipomatic2']Darn it, and I just bought Secret World from Microsoft for $10 on Black Friday... now it's $5.25.... poop[/QUOTE]

I was in the TSW Beta - and the game's like 30 GB....
...do you really wanna download all of that? :p

I'd rather have that huge-sized game on disc(s)....

[quote name='MysterD']I was in the TSW Beta - and the game's like 30 GB....
...do you really wanna download all of that? :p

I'd rather have that huge-sized game on disc(s)....[/QUOTE]

I'd rather download in just one large chunk and not have to fuss with installing discs and patching and all that mess. This is the 21st century. :p

Disclaimer: This is an opinion and is worth about as much as anyone else's opinion on the internet, which is not a damned thing, so you really don't need to argue it back.

Anyway passing because it doesn't activate on Steam. Yes I am one of those.

[quote name='Motoki']I'd rather download in just one large chunk and not have to fuss with installing discs and patching and all that mess. This is the 21st century. :p[/quote]
Good point; point taken.

I actually had to DL this monster when I was in the TSW Beta (week before game's official launch and NO NDA's at that time) and my Net-connection was decent enough to suit me (it's much better now), so....ummm....yeah; that DL was NOT fun. Took a FEW hours.

Sure, you could always backup your game folder to another HDD; a lot of DVD's; or one BR disc, if need be - and be all up-to-date and whatnot.

Disclaimer: This is an opinion and is worth about as much as anyone else's opinion on the internet, which is not a damned thing, so you really don't need to argue it back.
Even though we don't always agree and don't always see eye-to-eye on things, I do like reading your opinions.

Anyway passing because it doesn't activate on Steam. Yes I am one of those.
For me, it's a MMO - I don't need extra Steam DRM on top of the annoying "Always online DRM."

I think this TSW game would've been a game I really would've liked to play like Torchlight 2, HG: London, Diablo 2, etc allow -- play offline if I feel like it or online if I feel like it. It just feels like....some of the things in this game (i.e. the superb voice-acting & writing) usually do lend itself better to a SP-atmosphere & experience.

Has anyone had problems checking out? I've bought a lot of stuff from them in the past, but I'm unable to get my paypal or my CC to work directly with their website. It's quite infuriating to be missing out on the deals...

[quote name='karaethon']Has anyone had problems checking out? I've bought a lot of stuff from them in the past, but I'm unable to get my paypal or my CC to work directly with their website. It's quite infuriating to be missing out on the deals...[/QUOTE]

Read this.

[quote name='Zipomatic2']Darn it, and I just bought Secret World from Microsoft for $10 on Black Friday... now it's $5.25.... poop[/QUOTE]

Hah, I did the same thing, thinking $10 for 30 days of checking it out was an OK deal.

So does GMG give you the 35% off future game if you pre-ordered a game discounted? I bought the Tomb Raider by using the 30% off code last Sunday and didn't receive anything.

[quote name='NeoGutsman']Would anyone mind sharing their thoughts about Risen 2 and The Last Templar? I liked the original Risen (though I never finished it).[/QUOTE]

Risen 2 was less than excellent upon release. But.. PB patched it and fixed a number of things and the mod community has done some good stuff with it as well, including an unofficial patch and a number of fixes for the weird graphic issues. I've been enjoying the game a fair bit. I am about 10 hours in, now. A fantasy pirate setting is unique for CRPG's and they pull it off well. If you liked Risen 1, you'll probably like it.

The forum with the fan stuff is here: http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/forums/658-Risen-Modifications-and-Editing All you need is the Risen 2 Mod Starter. It'll pull a list of what's available and you can look at the readmes to see what you'd want to install. :)

[quote name='NeoGutsman']Would anyone mind sharing their thoughts about Risen 2 and The Last Templar? I liked the original Risen (though I never finished it).[/QUOTE]

Got First Templar during the Steam Autumn Sale for $5 as I enjoyed the couple levels I have played so far. If you like hack and slash I think it's easily worth that price. You might want to want for the Steam winter sale though if you care about achievements because it uses Capsule when you buy from GMG.

[quote name='Killbomb']You might want to want for the Steam winter sale though if you care about achievements because it uses Capsule when you buy from GMG.[/QUOTE]
IMO it's worth waiting just to avoid Capsule.

Mortal Kombat Kollection is $2.25 after sale and 25% voucher. I think this is the lowest I have seen it so I grabbed it.

[quote name='darkling23']Risen 2 was less than excellent upon release. But.. PB patched it and fixed a number of things and the mod community has done some good stuff with it as well, including an unofficial patch and a number of fixes for the weird graphic issues. I've been enjoying the game a fair bit. I am about 10 hours in, now. A fantasy pirate setting is unique for CRPG's and they pull it off well. If you liked Risen 1, you'll probably like it.

The forum with the fan stuff is here: http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/forums/658-Risen-Modifications-and-Editing All you need is the Risen 2 Mod Starter. It'll pull a list of what's available and you can look at the readmes to see what you'd want to install. :)[/QUOTE]

I would agree with this. I like the pirate setting and I think it and the guns/voodoo gives the game more character and sets it apart for your generic RPG game in a way the first game wasn't.

Last Templar is not bad either but I agree with the wait for a Steam sale to avoid the capsule sentiment.

[quote name='Lord_Ashour']So does GMG give you the 35% off future game if you pre-ordered a game discounted? I bought the Tomb Raider by using the 30% off code last Sunday and didn't receive anything.[/QUOTE]
Yea they do, I used the 30% off code on a pre-order and got the 35% off voucher in "My Keys". If yours is not there, I would contact their customer support.

Thanks so much for the thoughts on Risen 2 and The Last Templar. I'll probably bite on Risen 2 and hang back for now with The Last Templar. I love our CAG family :)

Wow, Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY is an insane deal. I already bought it in an Amazon PCDD Batman bundle deal a while ago and snagged the discounted DLC recently for an overall great price but this easily tops it.

EDIT: The Steam forums are down so I'll ask here - Is the Risen 2 DLC worth it at these prices? Or is it wiser just to wait for another GMG/Steam sale down the line?

[quote name='NeoGutsman']EDIT: The Steam forums are down so I'll ask here - Is the Risen 2 DLC worth it at these prices? Or is it wiser just to wait for another GMG/Steam sale down the line?[/QUOTE]

No. It feels tacked on, don't give much playing time and doesn't really add much to the story game imho.

The pirate outfit you can get better stuff than that about mid way through the game.

The Air temple brings back a minor character from Risen 1 but is otherwise unremarkable. There's a fair bit of going back to a bunch of places you went before to kill a few monsters to pad the playing time out of it too.

The best one to me is Treasure Island but mostly because some nice little bit of dialog at the end and because Patty has been going on about that damned treasure since Risen 1. The bulk of it is just round around and island and kill stuff and it's pretty short.

If you can get them 75% off then sure go for it if you want but otherwise I would pass. I also don't think you should feel like you are missing out on anything by not having them. With the exception of that little bit of dialog about Patty which literally is over in like a minute, none of it feels like something that was cut out of the main game or adds much to it.

[quote name='Motoki']
No. It feels tacked on, don't give much playing time and doesn't really add much to the story game imho.

The pirate outfit you can get better stuff than that about mid way through the game.

The Air temple brings back a minor character from Risen 1 but is otherwise unremarkable. There's a fair bit of going back to a bunch of places you went before to kill a few monsters to pad the playing time out of it too.
The best one to me is Treasure Island but mostly because some nice little bit of dialog at the end and because Patty has been going on about that damned treasure since Risen 1. The bulk of it is just round around and island and kill stuff and it's pretty short.

If you can get them 75% off then sure go for it if you want but otherwise I would pass. I also don't think you should feel like you are missing out on anything by not having them.
With the exception of that little bit of dialog about Patty which literally is over in like a minute, none of it feels like something that was cut out of the main game or adds much to it.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a youtube expansion. =D

[quote name='vince_carter']risen 2 for 10.50 is tempting....[/QUOTE]

It'll be on Amazon for that price in a couple of weeks.

Oh wow, just found this out about Miner Wars: http://www.minerwars.com/ForumTopic.aspx?id=95

It's basically like Diablo 3 in that it always requires and internet connection and, thus, you can't play if their servers go down. Their argument is that eventually this will tie into their MMO but I thought the whole point of selling a 'single player' version and an MMO version would obviate the need to require the single player version to rely on their servers? Good grief.

Special sales all week at Green Man Gaming, found on SlickDeals.net hot deals list.

http://blog.greenmangaming.com/20...chers.html

Green Man Gaming is holding a week long event, starting Friday, Dec 7 to Thursday, Dec 13. Each day will feature vouchers for different games that take off 30% to 50%.

There is also a 25% off voucher for all digital titles that is valid until December 14th. This cannot be stacked with the other vouchers but can be stacked on games that are on sale.

25% off digital titles: GMG25-CZPYL-D5MQ6

Friday 7th December from 1200 GMT
Guild Wars 2 Digital Edition [greenmangaming.com] is 30% off with GMG30-PXG98-CXR61 $43.50
Hitman: Absolution is 35% off with GMG35-3PPWQ-TEONQ $32.50

Saturday 8th December from 1200 GMT
LEGO Lord of the Rings is 30% off with GMG30-KDJQC-BWQCE
Doom 3 is 40% off with GMG40-9X5OP-PBQA8

Sunday 9th December from 1200 GMT
XCOM Enemy Unknown is 30% off with GMG30-0LKXU-EPF98
Football Manager 2013 is 35% off with GMG35-0VJBL-WKQEA

Monday 10th December from 1200 GMT
Skyrim is 40% off with GMG40-4DIJU-TT4PB
Dark Souls is 30% with GMG30-06DO3-LTVV9

Tuesday 11th December from 1200 GMT
ARMA II: Combined Operations is 35% off with GMG35-O90RW-Q2CD2
Fallout: New Vegas is 50% off with GMG50-MZRFC-P9H77

(Europe only, guys) Wednesday 12th December from 1200 GMT
Far Cry 3 is 30% off with GMG30-FC31S-GR34T
Assassin's Creed 3 is 30% off with GMG30-H86GA-AQB2H

Thursday 13th December from 1200 GMT
Chivalry is 50% off (no voucher required, so why not put GMG25-CZPYL-D5MQ6 on it, too?)
Borderlands 2 Season Pass is 30% off with GMG30-BL2SE-ASONP

[quote name='Scouter']anyone else do the survey for the 35% off code? :eek:[/QUOTE]

Yup, and I am assuming that from the name of the coupon, it is not an individual code and anyone can use it (survey or not - but just to be safe I aint showing mine - ooh-er)

it is however 1 time use only. Still, 35% off a purchase until the end of the year is nice!

[quote name='Scouter']anyone else do the survey for the 35% off code? :eek:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but not so much for the coupon. I wanted to tell them to get rid of the checkout countdown. I hate that thing. Usually i can get through the checkout in the time allotted, but it still bugs me. Makes me feel like I'm being rushed through my order.

[quote name='Zipomatic2']Yup, and I am assuming that from the name of the coupon, it is not an individual code and anyone can use it (survey or not - but just to be safe I aint showing mine - ooh-er)

it is however 1 time use only. Still, 35% off a purchase until the end of the year is nice![/QUOTE]

Yeah, looks like a multi-use code. Mine was WINTR-SRVEY-*****. Last five digits being numbers.

These sent to your e-mail?

Guess I should turn e-mails on.

[quote name='Necrotron']These sent to your e-mail?

Guess I should turn e-mails on.[/QUOTE]

I just got it and went through it:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/SXJWK5Y

"As a token of thanks for helping us out, please accept this single-use 35% voucher for use
on the GMG store: WINTR-SRVEY-42012 (expires at 1200 GMT 1st January 2013)"

But if you can, take the survey anyway and help them out - it might turn them into a better store.

[quote name='seamoss']I just got it and went through it:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/SXJWK5Y

"As a token of thanks for helping us out, please accept this single-use 35% voucher for use
on the GMG store: WINTR-SRVEY-42012 (expires at 1200 GMT 1st January 2013)"

But if you can, take the survey anyway and help them out - it might turn them into a better store.[/QUOTE]

Well, that makes it easy. :D

bread's done
Back