Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

[quote name='asheskitty']The GOTY versions Batman AA, AC, and Fallout 3 are all separate entries from their base games, I believe.[/QUOTE]

Dragon Age: Origins and Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition also have seperate entries.

Huh.. That's what I was thinking but more activations and DLCs? I'm happy with that. I think I had one more activation left on my Vanillia Batman AC too.

Wondering why for me Batman AC is 29.99€>75% off 7.49 € instead of $5.62 (€ 4,32)? I guess it should be 4.32€ without any voucher. Maybe its regional prices?

woohoo! FREE with credit! lol

I used the 25% code GMG25-CZPYL-D5MQ6 so I can still use the 35% on something else...preferably something more expensive like a newer game.

[quote name='mokmoof']Steamworks essentially means that when you buy the game, wherever you buy it, you just get a key that you can redeem through Steam (Valve Software's megalithic distribution platform). Some games come with Steam keys but can also be activated and played in other ways, but Steamworks games can only be activated and played through Steam.[/QUOTE]

Thanks alot.

never picked up any of the AC DLC on the 360. I have to be crazy not to get this for that price. and it's hopefully going to look crazy better on my PC!!! oh man, GMG rocks!

I don't even have a gaming PC, but at that much cheaper than console versions (only 3.87 for me with credit), I think I'll pick it up.

[quote name='mokmoof']And sorry to be that guy, but have they loosened any of the three separate forms of DRM that it had at launch (SecuROM, GFWL, Steamworks)?[/QUOTE]
Don't be!

[quote name='chapnis']I don't even have a gaming PC, but at that much cheaper than console versions (only 3.87 for me with credit), I think I'll pick it up.[/QUOTE]

you can actually build a bad ass gaming PC for what consoles cost, and that's before figuring in the extra that console games cost, and you'll turn out well ahead. Need a budget PC, build one on paper around the AMD A10 (or the A8-A4 if you really want to go budget build. Those chips come with mid-level graphics chips on-die in the CPU chip (APU's). You can always pop a dedicated video card in later. Hell, tigerdirect is running a special right now for $75 that's everything other than a hard drive and case:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7447425&csid=_22

[quote name='SuiCide_KiNg_213']Does anyone have anything against using the capsule client or do people just prefer the steam client to play their games?[/QUOTE]
Yes to both, for most people.

[quote name='SuiCide_KiNg_213']Does anyone have anything against using the capsule client or do people just prefer the steam client to play their games?[/QUOTE]

For me it's just a matter of how many clients I'm willing to put up with. I use Steam and Desura for all my gaming needs, and I don't mind the occasional DRM free game on top of that, but one more client is just that much more to keep track of.

[quote name='Jugglenaut']For me it's just a matter of how many clients I'm willing to put up with. I use Steam and Desura for all my gaming needs, and I don't mind the occasional DRM free game on top of that, but one more client is just that much more to keep track of.[/QUOTE]

Thanks alot.

Capsule isn't inherently bad I have a few games on it I play/intend to play that I can't get elsewhere, or got damn cheap/future trade in credit. That said, I prefer my stuff in one place (steam).

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']I already have the regular edition on steam. Should I get this or hope steam has all the DLC for sale this winter sale.[/QUOTE]

All the DLC on Steam at a 75% discount would be $7.99
If you were to limit your purchases to game content and not character skins, at 75% off on Steam it would be $6.74.
GOTY Edition on Steam at 75% off: $7.50

GOTY at greenman: ($4.87 with voucher code WINTR-SRVEY-42012)

You'd be hard pressed to find a better deal even still "re-buying" the base game, which is why I did. Also considering that it's a separate entry in the Steam library means you get 3 more activations, so there's that. Extremely good deal whether you own the base game already or not. Highly unlikely that either the DLC or the GOTY edition will be more than 75% off during Steam's upcoming Winter Sale. In conclusion......DO IT!

[quote name='walkonshadows']All the DLC on Steam at a 75% discount would be $7.99
If you were to limit your purchases to game content and not character skins, at 75% off on Steam it would be $6.74.
GOTY Edition on Steam at 75% off: $7.50

GOTY at greenman: ($4.87 with voucher code WINTR-SRVEY-42012)

You'd be hard pressed to find a better deal even still "re-buying" the base game, which is why I did. Also considering that it's a separate entry in the Steam library means you get 3 more activations, so there's that. Extremely good deal whether you own the base game already or not. Highly unlikely that either the DLC or the GOTY edition will be more than 75% off during Steam's upcoming Winter Sale. In conclusion......DO IT![/QUOTE]

thanks! buying now. and what do you mean by 3 more activations?

no matter what i do every time im on green man i cannot purchase anything. either i cannot add items to my basket or i cannot get to the actual checkout section. this isn't the first time, but its frustrating that deals like these are impossible for me to get... i have disabled anything i can manually disable and even tried on my smartphone and same issues with links not going anywhere just reloading the page. has anyone got a solution for this cuz support seems to not have anything regarding this.

Ubisoft not allowing GMG to sell their keys in US is killing me. Those are the last two games I want from this year.

All over $4.87 AC:GOTY. I've wanted the game on Steam ever since I found out the key I pre-ordered from GMG when the game came out wasn't a Steam key. Not even sure when I will play this again, but sub-$5 is nuts.

[quote name='Eldredpe']How did you end up with KoA for free?[/QUOTE]

It sold for around 6-8 a few weeks back. I saved up $10 in credit over a year's time, give or take, with $5 of that $10 due to one game.

All the credit was from free trade-in games. I figured I would save them up for something good and low and behold I get KoA for free and Batman AC for

I always find it rubbish when people tout they got someone for free/insanely low because they traded in stuff or had a gift card. If other people can't swing the same deal when you're posting it, you're only being self-congratulatory.

[quote name='asheskitty']I always find it rubbish when people tout they got someone for free/insanely low because they traded in stuff or had a gift card. If other people can't swing the same deal when you're posting it, you're only being self-congratulatory.[/QUOTE]
If they're going to do so, it'd be courtious to at least mention that sort of thing in the same post. Then someone who comes along after the discount has ended can see that it wasn't all that special, after all.

[quote name='asheskitty']I always find it rubbish when people tout they got someone for free/insanely low because they traded in stuff or had a gift card. If other people can't swing the same deal when you're posting it, you're only being self-congratulatory.[/QUOTE]
jelly_light_red.jpg

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']thanks! buying now. and what do you mean by 3 more activations?[/QUOTE]

Huh, I thought it was still 3 activations, but when I checked the Big DRM List just now it says:
Batman: Arkham City; 5 machine limit, 10 activations per machine

But wasn't there talk that you could only revoke 3 times total?

[quote name='walkonshadows']Huh, I thought it was still 3 activations, but when I checked the Big DRM List just now it says:
Batman: Arkham City; 5 machine limit, 10 activations per machine

But wasn't there talk that you could only revoke 3 times total?[/QUOTE]

Yes. They changed it. Only changed it for the base game IIRC, not the GOTY.

Your Payment Provider has not authorised your purchase. This may be because some banks (incorrectly) believe that Green Man Gaming is a gambling website. Please contact your bank to discuss your order. We are working with these banks to resolve this issue.

Guess I'll wait for the steam winter sale for Batman....

[quote name='Ozonekill']Guess I'll wait for the steam winter sale for Batman....[/QUOTE]

I used to get this problem all the time. I fixed by disabling Adblock and similar extensions (Google screenwise caused this error when I had it). If you've disabled these already then...I got nothing. Keep trying, it's worth it :p

[quote name='Neuro5i5']I'm on the fence because I'm wondering if Steam will have it for 50% off during the winter sale. Do I chance waiting to save an additional $4.50+? Hmmm, decisions....[/QUOTE]

I know, that's what I've been waiting on too. It's what, $19.50 with the 35% off, possibly more if things work out with discounts or whatnot. I may just end up biting at $19.50 so I don't have to worry about it and can actually play through the content while my friend and I are still somewhat fresh off the game.

[quote name='Detruire']If they're going to do so, it'd be courtious to at least mention that sort of thing in the same post. Then someone who comes along after the discount has ended can see that it wasn't all that special, after all.[/QUOTE]

Well, the motivation was just that I was happy with all the deals GMG was offering. Then someone asked me, so I explained. Since I guess some people might have missed this trade-in credit system, let me further explain.

1. Every now and then GMG offers free games. You can hear about these free games sometimes on CAG and always on slickdeals. You should always get these games, even though they are usually crap, because...

2. You can trade-in the crap games for credit. The credit is worth anywhere from $5-$0.50. Usually it's just $0.50 but you never know.

3. You then save up the credit. After a year, cash it in for a free game during the big sales (BF and Winter).

The Battlefield deal was more tricky. You had to sign up for promotional emails from Origin and receive a one-person code. The only reason I knew was that people were bragging about a previous deal from Origin limited to the promotional emails. So, hoping to get in on a future deal, I signed up for promotional emails from Origin even though normally I don't sign up for spam.

So, by hearing about other people's deals, I learned what I might want to do to score some free stuff in the future even though I could not get in on the deal immediately.

Instead of calling it rubbish, I suggest you consider it potentially useful information. This attitude worked out well for me in the past. :)

And by the way, I frequently will start threads on either slickdeals or CAG about deals I hear from those or other sites, helping the community save money even though it takes time and provides me $0 compensation.

[quote name='nategator']Instead of calling it rubbish, I suggest you consider it potentially useful information. This attitude worked out well for me in the past. :)[/QUOTE]
I don't have any problem with people posting the "deals" that they get after credit vouchers, trade-ins, etc., but I don't really like it without context.

Without context, I could be reading through a thread and see someone who bought game X for $4 or so and start kicking myself because I missed the deal (when in fact the game was $10, buy the poster had used $6 of credit.) The same applies when using posts to judge a game's trading worth; I could miss out on a good deal because I thought a game was worth less than it actually is. :whistle2:(

[quote name='rybrad']

Borderlands 2 Season Pass $21 (Steamworks) with voucher code GMG30-BL2SE-ASONP can't purchase this one right now as there is no buy button, will update price later if it changes
[/QUOTE]

I've been having the same issue with many of the links posted around, but if you manually search for the BL2 SEason Pass, it tends to work.

So it's 30% off with the code I believe, and 35% off with the one-time-use. Think I'll use the one-time on this one. It won't be getting any lower than $15 from Steam on the winter sale and I'm still not so sure that'll happen.

[quote name='Lexxon']I've been having the same issue with many of the links posted around, but if you manually search for the BL2 SEason Pass, it tends to work.

So it's 30% off with the code I believe, and 35% off with the one-time-use. Think I'll use the one-time on this one. It won't be getting any lower than $15 from Steam on the winter sale and I'm still not so sure that'll happen.[/QUOTE]
If that happens in the future, just drop a note in the thread and I will fix the links. How that happens is that I keep a master list of all Steam games that have been on sale previously in the OP. When a game is on sale again, I copy/paste from the post so I don't have to redo everything. None of this would be an issue if GMG would actually forward their URLs when they make changes but oh well.

[quote name='rybrad']If that happens in the future, just drop a note in the thread and I will fix the links. How that happens is that I keep a master list of all Steam games that have been on sale previously in the OP. When a game is on sale again, I copy/paste from the post so I don't have to redo everything. None of this would be an issue if GMG would actually forward their URLs when they make changes but oh well.[/QUOTE]

My 'links around' I actually meant the ones specifically for this game around all different sites, notably here and Slickdeals' link were both broken. Probably due to the problems you mentioned.

[quote name='nategator']1. Every now and then GMG offers free games. You can hear about these free games sometimes on CAG and always on slickdeals. You should always get these games, even though they are usually crap, because...

2. You can trade-in the crap games for credit. The credit is worth anywhere from $5-$0.50. Usually it's just $0.50 but you never know.[/QUOTE]
Every once in a while you can also get a game for cheap that sells back at a profit. I bought Tropico 3 for some pittance and sold it back months later for about $5 more than I paid. Gobliiins sold back at a smaller profit as well. I'm pretty sure I did the same with Cities XL 2011.

Not that this is a great way to make money given the risk and time frames involved ("Yay, it only took me 145 days to make five bucks!") but it's more of a happy occurrence when I review my available trade-ins and see some backlogged title is now worth more than I paid.

I'm toying with the idea of using my 35% survey coupon on Metro: Last Light. I know I'll enjoy it, 35% is probably as low of a pre-order discount as it'll see and I'd get a new 35% off coupon in return. Plus I guess THQ would like it. But $40 is still $40 and the chance of getting burned with some "Hey, using this and this discount, you can get it for $30!" offer is always still there.

Hmm, didn't give me a key for my Chivalry purchase...got the confirm email and everything, says use the key below, but there is no key? Anyone have this happen before? Do they get backlogged and have to request new keys ever?

[quote name='DrummerX']Hmm, didn't give me a key for my Chivalry purchase...got the confirm email and everything, says use the key below, but there is no key? Anyone have this happen before? Do they get backlogged and have to request new keys ever?[/QUOTE]

About the backlogged, yes it have happened before, Guild War 2 is a example. Check on your account under Your Games, if you don't see the key there, give it a couple of minute and if the problem persist you can contact support.

You can check on the forum too to see if there is a problem with the pages or the key's.

[quote name='Cofresi']About the backlogged, yes it have happened before, Guild War 2 is a example. Check on your account under Your Games, if you don't see the key there, give it a couple of minute and if the problem persist you can contact support.

You can check on the forum too to see if there is a problem with the pages or the key's.[/QUOTE]

Thanks :) Yea, checked the forums and looks like a number of people aren't getting their keys. Must have run out, or there is some technical issue.

[quote name='Lexxon']I've been having the same issue with many of the links posted around, but if you manually search for the BL2 SEason Pass, it tends to work.

So it's 30% off with the code I believe, and 35% off with the one-time-use. Think I'll use the one-time on this one. It won't be getting any lower than $15 from Steam on the winter sale and I'm still not so sure that'll happen.[/QUOTE]

I don't follow the 15$. The codes don't stack. Its either 35% or 25%.

bread's done
Back