Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

The Last Remnant $3.74 - STEAM ($2.62 with GMG30-DPLIM-DN831)
header_292x136.jpg

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/ca/en/pc/games/rpgs/last-remnant/

Mortal Kombat: Arcade Kollection $2.49 - STEAM - ($1.75 with GMG30-DPLIM-DN831)
Mortal-Kombat-Arcade_Low-offer-box.jpg

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/ca/en/pc/games/action/mortal-kombat-arcade-kollection/

Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad $4.99 - STEAM ($3.50 with GMG30-DPLIM-DN831)
header_292x136.jpg

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/ca/en/pc/games/action/red-orchestra-2-heroes-of-stalingrad/

LEGO Lord of the Rings $14.99 - STEAM ($10.50 with GMG30-DPLIM-DN831) - Amazon.com will sell it for $7.49 + $5 Promo Credit between 12/24 - 12/26
LEGO-The-lord-of-the-rings-Top-Offer-Box1.jpg

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/ca/en/pc/games/adventure/lego-lord-rings-na/

"24 Hour" Deals (all Steam)
The Last Remnant - $3.74
Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad - $4.99
Mortal Kombat: Arcade Kollection - $2.49
Lego Lord of the Rings
- $14.99
50% off Capcom

* Devil May Cry 4 is 66% off for the entirety of
DmC: Devil May Cry's Pre-Purchase period.

A 30% voucher is available across a great range of PC Download titles* - snap it up quickly as it expires on Thursday 3rd January 2013 at 12GMT. Simply copy the following voucher code and paste into the 'Voucher box' then at Check Out.

GMG30-DPLIM-DN831

* PC Download games only, some titles may be excluded. Excludes titles on Cash Back or GMG Credit promotions. Cannot be used in conjunction with another voucher. Voucher expires 1/03/13 at 12:00 GMT

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SpartenOmega117']if anyone is wondering Sleeping Dogs + Playstation 3 3D monitor looks absolutely gorgeous![/QUOTE]

Are you getting ghosting/crosstalk with that monitor? I only tried the one I got with a PS3 and the crosstalk was bad, I didn't bother hooking the PC up to it because I was going to return it because it was so bad.

I did try the demo of Sleeping Dogs in 3D on my 65" DLP and that looked really good in 3D, of course if I remember correctly it supports 3D natively within the game. Which more games should be doing.

[quote name='hollowfreak']Are you getting ghosting/crosstalk with that monitor? I only tried the one I got with a PS3 and the crosstalk was bad, I didn't bother hooking the PC up to it because I was going to return it because it was so bad.

I did try the demo of Sleeping Dogs in 3D on my 65" DLP and that looked really good in 3D, of course if I remember correctly it supports 3D natively within the game. Which more games should be doing.[/QUOTE]

Fox the monitor works very well. I actually just hooked it up yesterday. Now it is going to be my main monitor be ause even without 3d it looks very good.

[quote name='kataztrophik']After spending all day with Sleeping Dogs hanging in the back of my mind, I bit and also picked up DMC4 with the credit.

Sleeping Dogs + DMC4 for $11.90 with $1.24 leftover credit, not bad at all[/QUOTE]

I jumped on that same combo too.

[quote name='rayshon1']I bought BL2 season pass a few days ago and gave the key to someone else. How do I buy another key?[/QUOTE]
You can't.

Unless you buy it from another store.

[quote name='Detruire']You can't.

Unless you buy it from another store.[/QUOTE]

Has anyone tried registering another account to buy a second copy of a game? Or will the same card used for payment get it rejected?

[quote name='kazunori']Has anyone tried registering another account to buy a second copy of a game? Or will the same card used for payment get it rejected?[/QUOTE]
They actively ban people who they catch with multiple accounts.

It actually is. The Last Remnant is a JRPG that was made for the 360 and PC. the 360 got a rather crappy version that wasn't very optimized for it, resulting in bad load times and bunches of errors. PC got the fixed version as well as some improvements on it and freebies. It's also surprisingly good and has a really addicting battle system that's a bit hard to explain, has a bit of a curve to it, but once you get into it and managing your squads it gets really, really good.

[quote name='NeoGutsman']Anyone have thoughts on The Last Remnant? I like Japanese style strategy games in general, so hopefully this is some kind of hidden gem...[/QUOTE]

Somewhat. It's not supposed to be great. But I hear it's decent. And at this price if you have any interest, I'd say get it.

[quote name='asheskitty']Somewhat. It's not supposed to be great. But I hear it's decent. And at this price if you have any interest, I'd say get it.[/QUOTE]

I picked it up awhile back because I love Square-Enix RPGs. I started a playthrough and it's definetly not 'Final Fantasy' quality in terms of presentation.

That said, it certainly looks like it has potential to be decent, but I haven't gotten very far yet.

To sort of echo some of the other sentiments I would say that The Last Remnant ain't Xenoblade (I would kill for an HD PC port of Xenoblade on Steam) but it's decent enough and runs well on the PC.

You won't find very many modern JRPGs for the PC so if that is a genre you like I would say definitely go for it at this price. It's not a masterpiece game you will be talking about years from now, but it's solid and I think JRPG fans won't be disappointed.

Snagged Sleeping Dogs with $6 GMG credit yesterday. Picked Up Batman Arkham Asylum and Mortal Kombat Arcade Collection. Still have .76 cents left over from the credit. I think that's a fairly good deal for under $12 out of pocket.

The Last Remnant is a pretty good game, but a lot of people get put off on how the game doesn't really explain the battle and leveling system too well. The battle system is fun once you understand how it works and organize each party member in each squad that benefit each other with similar abilities.

It's also one of the only JRPG's where I would not recommend grinding.

LEGO LOTR for $4.50 - why, yes, thank you!

(Sale price + 30% code + $6 bonus credit from yesterday's Sleeping Dogs deal)

[quote name='hal']LEGO LOTR for $4.50 - why, yes, thank you!

(Sale price + 30% code + $6 bonus credit from yesterday's Sleeping Dogs deal)[/QUOTE]

Lego LOTR is going to be 7.49 on Amazon 12/24-12/26

But if you wouldn't be able to use the GMG credit otherwise, still a good price :)

[quote name='kataztrophik']Lego LOTR is going to be 7.49 on Amazon 12/24-12/26

But if you wouldn't be able to use the GMG credit otherwise, still a good price :)[/QUOTE]

This.

I am saving my $6 for something else because the $7.50 deal at Amazon (starts at midnight-ish PST tonight btw) is such a good deal.

[quote name='NeoGutsman']Anyone have thoughts on The Last Remnant? I like Japanese style strategy games in general, so hopefully this is some kind of hidden gem...[/QUOTE]

It's probably the worst Square-Enix game I've played. Hated the characters, the voice acting, the storyline, and battle system. That's not even getting into the technical issues.

Be careful before buying the Mortal Kombat collection. It's mega-slow and unplayable on my system. I read on the Steam forums that pressing F11 will shrink it to windowed mode and help with the frame rate but it was still the same for me. I always sucked at these games and kind of despise the control system but I was 100% excited to play these again for a few bucks.

[quote name='NeoGutsman']Be careful before buying the Mortal Kombat collection. It's mega-slow and unplayable on my system. I read on the Steam forums that pressing F11 will shrink it to windowed mode and help with the frame rate but it was still the same for me. I always sucked at these games and kind of despise the control system but I was 100% excited to play these again for a few bucks.[/QUOTE]

MK Collection runs fine on my PC without any issues.

[quote name='Hellacious']MK Collection runs fine on my PC without any issues.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I feel kind of like "that person" out of 1000 for having to post "it doesn't work for meeee" right now, but oh well. Glad it works for ya, mate! :) I'll keep plugging away at it... as I keep refreshing all my tabs for more CAG deals ;)

I'd seen a bunch of reports of that MK Kombat Kollection sucking (performance) when it was last on sale (a few weeks back?) Shit like that says, you're better off emulating it yourself.

[quote name='kataztrophik']Lego LOTR is going to be 7.49 on Amazon 12/24-12/26

But if you wouldn't be able to use the GMG credit otherwise, still a good price :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I almost held onto my GMG credit and waited for the Amazon deal. I've got a ton of those $5 promo credits Amazon is running though and it wasn't enough to sway my purchase decision. LEGO LOTR was one of a handful of games I knew I really wanted to buy during this sale season.

[quote name='espy605']Alan Wake's American Nightmare is $1.88, seems like a good deal if you only need it and not the whole franchise.[/QUOTE]

Alan Wake is $1.88 on Gamersgate. This is the GreenManGaming thread.

[quote name='Tsel']Alan Wake is $1.88 on Gamersgate. This is the GreenManGaming thread.[/QUOTE]

Haha woops, sorry, too many threads open.

[quote name='espy605']Haha woops, sorry, too many threads open.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. We might as well just have a PC deals thread. I'm getting the GMG, GG, Steam, and Amazon threads all mixed up.

[quote name='Tsel']Agreed. We might as well just have a PC deals thread. I'm getting the GMG, GG, Steam, and Amazon threads all mixed up.[/QUOTE]

It feels like the Steam thread has pretty much morphed into a PC thread.

Anyone knows if Red Orchestra 2 is the GOTY version?

If my math is correct, if you buy the goty version from GMG, then the deluxe edition upgrade from steam, you save more money than if you directly buy the deluxe edition off steam!

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams - $8.99 (Steam)
Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken - $5.00 (Steam)

Devil May Cry 4 is 66% off ($6.79) for the entirety of
DmC: Devil May Cry's Pre-Purchase period.

"24 Hour" Deals
War of the Human Tanks - $4.99 (Capsule)
Deus Ex: Human Revolution Augmented Edition - $7.49 (Steam)

A 30% voucher is available across a great range of PC Download titles* - snap it up quickly as it expires on Thursday 3rd January 2013 at 12GMT. Simply copy the following voucher code and paste into the 'Voucher box' then at Check Out.

GMG30-DPLIM-DN831

* PC Download games only, some titles may be excluded. Excludes titles on Cash Back or GMG Credit promotions. Cannot be used in conjunction with another voucher. Voucher expires 1/03/13 at 12:00 GMT

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Neuro5i5']Don't shoot the messenger...[/QUOTE]
I was :roll: at it being put up as a daily deal.

However, now that I've been to the site, I see that it doesn't look like it's written up as one. It's under the "great indie games" category which I think is similar to the base sale on Steam.

[quote name='Neuro5i5']Yeah, that's why I had them spaced down farther. Here I'll rearrange...

Edit: How's that?[/QUOTE]
Better. ;)

Regardless, the :roll: was about the pricing rather than you including it in your post. (I forgot to get a copy when it was $2.5, so I'm a little bitter.)

[quote name='Detruire']Better. ;)

Regardless, the :roll: was about the pricing rather than you including it in your post. (I forgot to get a copy when it was $2.5, so I'm a little bitter.)[/QUOTE]

Gotcha

No harm, no fowl. :)

Geeze they are putting a game that has been much cheaper in two bundles, one of which is currently still running, as deal of the day?

Who do they think they are, Steam?

Also it requires the crapsule to boot.

Since I didn't catch a repost, here are the upcoming deals from GMG:

December 24
We're celebrating Christmas Eve with 75% off the awesome cyberpunk FPS RPG Deus Ex Human Revolution, along with some great indie deals such as War of the Human Tanks at 50% off until the 26th.

December 25
Check out GMG's Hot Deals page for the latest offers - and don't forget to use the 30% off voucher for great savings.

December 26

The sale heats up! Hundreds of titles in store for up to 75% Off including, but by no means limited to:

75% Off Sine Mora

Look out for deals on this years biggest titles, including Darksiders 2, Borderlands 2 and XCOM, plus associated DLC!
They also said this, which may indicate that they'll also have Borderlands 2 on a competitive discount:

Keep an eye onthe blog page from the 26th December for awesome discounts on games like Alan Wake, Batman Arkham City, Borderlands 2 and Football Manager 2013 and up to 75% off hundreds of other games!

[quote name='nategator']Since I didn't catch a repost, here are the upcoming deals from GMG:

They also said this, which may indicate that they'll also have Borderlands 2 on a competitive discount:[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the update great to know we can expect an xcom deal from GMG

bread's done
Back