Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

Grabbed XCOM. I've been interested in it for awhile, and after watching the guys from Giant Bomb play it, and then give it GOTY honors (which shocked me), this sale was too good to pass up.

[quote name='Twie']GMG won't accept my paypal account or credit/debit cards because apparently my bank thinks GMG is a gambling site. :(
Anyone willing to purchase XCOM for $17.50 for me? I'd be happy to pay you via paypal first, as along as you have some good rep here like I do.[/QUOTE]

Just had a thought -- what if the banks were right and GMG was actually a quasi-legal Euro company that will soon take our money and cause our steam keys to be revoked?

Oh, wait, we already have one of those...

bart-the-hall-monitor.jpg

[quote name='StickyWaffles']Grabbed XCOM. I've been interested in it for awhile, and after watching the guys from Giant Bomb play it, and then give it GOTY honors (which shocked me), this sale was too good to pass up.[/QUOTE]

Oh god damn you, im 1 hour and 50 minutes into the podcast.

I came here to stay away from the GB forum spoilers..... fml

[quote name='cigaro']Oh god damn you, im 1 hour and 50 minutes into the podcast.

I came here to stay away from the GB forum spoilers..... fml[/QUOTE]

That's what you get for caring so much about what a bunch of fat obnoxious nerds think.

[quote name='bobphone']That's what you get for caring so much about what a bunch of fat obnoxious nerds think.[/QUOTE]
I read your name as boobphone.

[quote name='bobphone']That's what you get for caring so much about what a bunch of fat obnoxious nerds think.[/QUOTE]

Lol what a sad little angry piece of shit you are.

Sucks for you :applause:

[quote name='Severose']Wanna know why?

*Gestures toward avatar*[/QUOTE]
Or maybe I just dream of a future where every home in America comes equipped with a fully functional boobphone.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Or maybe I just dream of a future where every home in America comes equipped with a fully functional boobphone.[/QUOTE]

If your avatar is any indication, then the outcome would be pretty small phones. ;)

[quote name='Severose']If your avatar is any indication, then the outcome would be pretty small phones. ;)[/QUOTE]
Streamline, man. Streamline. It's the future. :cool:

[quote name='heybtbm']Same thing here. No key. Their automated support e-mail said something about waiting 2-4 days + a few more because of the holidays...yikes. I hope this gets rectified sooner than later. $4.20 was the perfect price for me...Steam's had this at $9.99 forever.[/QUOTE]

Their automated support e-mail said something about waiting 2-4 days + a few more because of the holidays

Translation: WE'RE KEEPING YOUR MONEY AND YOU WON'T GET YOUR KEY AND WE'RE REMOVING REDEEMED KEYS FROM STEAM

The GMG blog lists one of today's (12/29) deals as Spec Ops: The Line for 75% off. It's $30, so with the 75% discount and the 30% off coupon stacked, that comes to $5.25?

[quote name='heybtbm']Same thing here. No key. Their automated support e-mail said something about waiting 2-4 days + a few more because of the holidays...yikes. I hope this gets rectified sooner than later. $4.20 was the perfect price for me...Steam's had this at $9.99 forever.[/QUOTE]

I got a response "Thanks very much for your purchase of Titan Quest Gold. Unfortunately we have run out of stock of this game. At this time we are waiting on new keys, but cannot give a specific time when these will become available"

GaMersGate

To be fair they are offering a refund.

[quote name='DirkBelig']The GMG blog lists one of today's (12/29) deals as Spec Ops: The Line for 75% off. It's $30, so with the 75% discount and the 30% off coupon stacked, that comes to $5.25?[/QUOTE]
OH MY GOD I HOPE SO. I've been waiting for a deal with this for a while now again!

[quote name='Emuaust']I got a response "Thanks very much for your purchase of Titan Quest Gold. Unfortunately we have run out of stock of this game. At this time we are waiting on new keys, but cannot give a specific time when these will become available"

GaMersGate

To be fair they are offering a refund.[/QUOTE]

Just wait, You will get your keys.

Can I gift someone the 17.50 paypal for someone to get me a key for X-com. Its not letting me go through paypal. Just to be clear I will pay you first to get me a key.

[quote name='Yenos']Can I gift someone the 17.50 paypal for someone to get me a key for X-com. Its not letting me go through paypal. Just to be clear I will pay you first to get me a key.[/QUOTE]
A warning: each person can only buy one copy of a game from GMG, and they will ban multiple accounts.

Did indeed pick up Spec Ops $5.25 after the voucher.

As someone who hasn't really been in on the PC gaming scene in about a decade... man, PC gaming deals are crazy. This game seems to have a pretty strong following for its story and its 6 months old. Worth a shot.

[quote name='cigaro']Oh god damn you, im 1 hour and 50 minutes into the podcast.

I came here to stay away from the GB forum spoilers..... fml[/QUOTE]Damn, sorry to ruin that, I really didn't need to throw the GOTY part in there, just wanted to share my surprise. haha

I'm surprised how much I'm letting GOTY talk influence what games I want to check out. I was interested in Xcom and The Walking Dead anyways, but sales combined with the GOTY chatter made me pick them up now. I just now got last year's GOTY, Saints Row the Third.

“Daily” Deals
Alpha Protocol - $3.74
Mount and Blade Collection - $7.49
Saints Row: The Third – The Full Package - $12.49
Spec Ops: The Line - $7.49

A 30% voucher is available across a great range of PC Download titles* - snap it up quickly as it expires on Thursday 3rd January 2013 at 12GMT.
Simply copy the following voucher code and paste into the 'Voucher box' when at Check Out.

GMG30-DPLIM-DN831

* PC Download games only, some titles may be excluded. Excludes titles on Cash Back or GMG Credit promotions. Cannot be used in conjunction with another voucher. Voucher expires 3/01/13 at 12:00 GMT

[quote name='Cantatus']Alpha Protocol for $2.62 today, best deal since Steam had it for $2 a few sales back. The game is most definitely a steal at that price.[/QUOTE]
Absolutely agree w/ that 100%.
That game is severely underrated.

Seems that GMG doesen't want money, missed Borderlands 2 and X-com deals because of the CC/paypal problem they have :S I have ordered from them before with the same account settings and CC. Tough the deals are one of the best in town but seems that I have to spend my money elsewhere.

[quote name='Dale06']Seems that GMG doesen't want money, missed Borderlands 2 and X-com deals because of the CC/paypal problem they have :S I have ordered from them before with the same account settings and CC. Tough the deals are one of the best in town but seems that I have to spend my money elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

Send in a ticket and they'll reset your account. Happened to me too, had missed out on Arkham City and Dead Island.

I sent in a request when it was on sale for them to fix that fact that I couldn't purchase stuff with my paypal account and this is what I got:

Hi,

Thanks for your interest in our XCOM sale. Unfortunately these sale has now expired, but we are sadly unable to honour the expired sale price as it was a time limited offer. We apologise unreservedly for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Kind regards,
Green Man Gaming
Customer Service

Amazingly enough I can buy stuff again on GMG after a long period where I couldn't with a cryptic error message after checkout. Didn't change a thing though, LOL.

I've said it before and I'll say it again... I had problems with GMG pop up after many faultless purchases. My bank claimed GMG was trying to charge $0 on my card and wouldn't authorize and GMG claimed there was an IP-matching error that my bank needed to fix. I got the cryptic "Your bank probably thinks we're a gambling site" error that so many get.

Here's what worked for me:
- Signed into Paypal and then navigated to GMG via my phone
- Made selection and purchased the item

After that I've been able to make purchases through my PC again. It's worked for others since too. For all I know it's a problem they have with Chrome or something but it works.

[quote name='hal']I've said it before and I'll say it again... I had problems with GMG pop up after many faultless purchases. My bank claimed GMG was trying to charge $0 on my card and wouldn't authorize and GMG claimed there was an IP-matching error that my bank needed to fix. I got the cryptic "Your bank probably thinks we're a gambling site" error that so many get.

After that I've been able to make purchases through my PC again. It's worked for others since too. For all I know it's a problem they have with Chrome or something but it works.[/QUOTE]

This ^^ had the same problem and then tried this and it has worked perfectly.

[quote name='MysterD']Absolutely agree w/ that 100%.
That game is severely underrated.[/QUOTE]

+1 to this, played the game on the PS3. Guess is time for me to get it on PC :D

[quote name='jrodri86']+1 to this, played the game on the PS3. Guess is time for me to get it on PC :D[/QUOTE]

Sure, the combat is NOWHERE as great as Mass Effect 2 and the game is unbalanced (some skills and weapons are either too weak or too strong, no matter how much points you pump into them)
But the game is STILL awesome. The amount of choices you make and the amount of ways the story can be altered is just fantastic.

[quote name='hal']I've said it before and I'll say it again... I had problems with GMG pop up after many faultless purchases. My bank claimed GMG was trying to charge $0 on my card and wouldn't authorize and GMG claimed there was an IP-matching error that my bank needed to fix. I got the cryptic "Your bank probably thinks we're a gambling site" error that so many get.

After that I've been able to make purchases through my PC again. It's worked for others since too. For all I know it's a problem they have with Chrome or something but it works.[/QUOTE]

Tried this. Still didn't work.

Someone convince me to buy Tiny & Big. Watched a few videos on it and I don't know, game seems short, checkpoint system isn't that great. May wait for it to pop up in a bundle

[quote name='Patch517']Someone convince me to buy Tiny & Big. Watched a few videos on it and I don't know, game seems short, checkpoint system isn't that great. May wait for it to pop up in a bundle[/QUOTE]

It was already in an Indiefort Bundle on GamersGate, wait for a bundle.

Do any of you know if Spec Ops is likely to be a part of a $10 bundle on Amazon that you can use a $5 coupon on? Not sure if I should wait or get it now on GMG.

[quote name='bshirk']Do any of you know if Spec Ops is likely to be a part of a $10 bundle on Amazon that you can use a $5 coupon on? Not sure if I should wait or get it now on GMG.[/QUOTE]

It currently is part of the Desert to Sea bundle (Spec Ops, Bioshock 1+2) for $9.99, with a $5 discount from a 2K coupon. It's a really good deal if you don't have both Bioshocks or haven't used the 2K coupon on something else. I'm using it on the pack with Borderlands 1 and The Darkness 2 instead, so I'll probably pick up Spec Ops today from GMG. I asked in the Amazon thread if it would be part of the Editor's Choice collection, but I haven't heard anything yet. It would surprise me if they didn't add the game, but even if they do, who knows what the price will be then.

bread's done
Back