Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

[quote name='Cantatus']Alpha Protocol for $2.62 today, best deal since Steam had it for $2 a few sales back. The game is most definitely a steal at that price.[/QUOTE]

I just picked it up here -- the game has been on my wish list for a while, and this is a fantastic price. As a note, I didn't receive a Steam key for it yet... I'm thinking they might have run out. Did this happen to anyone else on this thread who bought it? I submitted a ticket to customer service, so we'll see what they say.

Can you buy me a copy too DaiMonPaul? I'll send you 3.50$ paypal so it'll cover the price AC plus a little extra. I want to buy but I keep getting the stupid error.

[quote name='DaiMonPaul']I just picked it up here -- the game has been on my wish list for a while, and this is a fantastic price. As a note, I didn't receive a Steam key for it yet... I'm thinking they might have run out. Did this happen to anyone else on this thread who bought it? I submitted a ticket to customer service, so we'll see what they say.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I didn't get a key either. I can wait, but I submitted a customer support ticket anyways.

[quote name='realwords']Can you buy me a copy too DaiMonPaul? I'll send you 3.50$ paypal so it'll cover the price AC plus a little extra. I want to buy but I keep getting the stupid error.[/QUOTE]

I'd love to help you out, but unlike with Steam, GG, Amazon, and other digital download platforms, GMG actually doesn't let you buy a game once it's in your account. I go to the Alpha Protocol page and there is no "buy" button (or price!) -- only a download one. Sorry! Maybe a poster in this thread with a GMG account who hasn't bought the game yet can help you out?

[quote name='genocidalrobot']Yeah, I didn't get a key either. I can wait, but I submitted a customer support ticket anyways.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Submitted ticket as well.

[quote name='DaiMonPaul']It currently is part of the Desert to Sea bundle (Spec Ops, Bioshock 1+2) for $9.99, with a $5 discount from a 2K coupon. It's a really good deal if you don't have both Bioshocks or haven't used the 2K coupon on something else. I'm using it on the pack with Borderlands 1 and The Darkness 2 instead, so I'll probably pick up Spec Ops today from GMG. I asked in the Amazon thread if it would be part of the Editor's Choice collection, but I haven't heard anything yet. It would surprise me if they didn't add the game, but even if they do, who knows what the price will be then.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I didn't have a 2K coupon, so decided to hold for a possible Editor's Choice inclusion, but I might just be better off buying it now in case it's not included in a bundle or the price remains high.

[quote name='realwords']Getting the Paypal error too. Oh well, guess I won't be buying from GMG.[/QUOTE]

Can't believe they're still having that problem. I ran back into it in August when I was trying to buy GW2 from them, along with many other people. I remember they ended up extending a coupon code as an apology for the problem, and I still wasn't able to buy from them despite multiple tries.

[quote name='Stonekeep']Alpha Protocol out of stock :( I was planning to buy it later.[/QUOTE]
Fawk, same here. I'm missing all the good sales lately.

Anyone buy it and immediately have buyer's remorse? I'll take it off your hands and cleanse your conscience...

[quote name='Idiotekque']Fawk, same here. I'm missing all the good sales lately.

Anyone buy it and immediately have buyer's remorse? I'll take it off your hands and cleanse your conscience...[/QUOTE]

I wasn't so sure in getting it, I remember hating that hacking minigame...
But the next deal is gonna be mine.

I hope it's not Just Cause, it's everywhere.

[quote name='Stonekeep']Alpha Protocol out of stock :( I was planning to buy it later.[/QUOTE]
If it's a good enough deal that you know that you'll definitely buy at this price: never wait.

Hopefully the fact it sold out so fast will prompt SEGA to put it at that price on Steam. Condemned got a flash sale so I would hope AP would, too.

Any idea when Civ V Gods & Kings is going to show up on sale? If they're running out of keys, I'd rather get in before that happens with G&K.

[quote name='incyr']any idea when civ v gods & kings is going to show up on sale? If they're running out of keys, i'd rather get in before that happens with g&k.[/quote]
At 1200 UTC

Surprised how excited people are about Spec Ops when you could have gotten it on Amazon for a quarter less AND with Bioshock 1 and 2...

Of course you needed a coupon, so it sort of makes sense.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Surprised how excited people are about Spec Ops when you could have gotten it on Amazon for a quarter less AND with Bioshock 1 and 2...

Of course you needed a coupon, so it sort of makes sense.[/QUOTE]
That pack's still available if you qualified for a coupon and haven't used it yet.

[quote name='Detruire']That pack's still available if you qualified for a coupon and haven't used it yet.[/QUOTE]
I guess the past tense in my sentence was based upon looking at people who already have bought it for $5.25 here, lol.

I got mine for 4.75 on GMG after a trade-in. I already used my Coupon for 2K AND I already have both Bioshock games. So not huge deal to me

[quote name='Idiotekque']Surprised how excited people are about Spec Ops when you could have gotten it on Amazon for a quarter less AND with Bioshock 1 and 2...

Of course you needed a coupon, so it sort of makes sense.[/QUOTE]Not everyone has coupons and/or they already have the Bioshocks.

I had $1.25 in credit somehow I could've traded in, but I didn't. When I bought BF3 Premium last spring, I had $11 in trade from freebie games I'd collected, so with the 20% off coupon only paid $29 for that. Of course, now Amazon is selling the whole BF3 Premium Edition (base game + the 5 DLCs) for $30 w/coupon. Then again, the people who waited for that sort of deal haven't been playing for the past 15 months.

[quote name='Lemstar']Anyone looking to get a copy of Spec Ops? I have a 2K coupon left to burn and I want Bioshock 1/2.[/QUOTE]
I am.

[quote name='Lemstar']Anyone looking to get a copy of Spec Ops? I have a 2K coupon left to burn and I want Bioshock 1/2.[/QUOTE]

If not used by Detruire, I can give you my extra B1 and B2 keys if you would buy me the 2K Strategy pack. I'll pay you the $15 of course as well.

[quote name='forthenguyen']If not used by Detruire, I can give you my extra B1 and B2 keys if you would buy me the 2K Strategy pack. I'll pay you the $15 of course as well.[/QUOTE]

You're talking about this pack correct?
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AMKTR48?tag=cheapassgam08-20

I have a 2K coupon I don't really need to use if you still want someone to buy it for you. Send me a PM if you are interested and we can work out the details.

[quote name='MysterD']Absolutely agree w/ that 100%.
That game is severely underrated.[/QUOTE]

Alpha Protocol is under-rated? lol.. Not sure if we played the same game but Alpha Protocol is a broken, unfinished, overrated game, riddled with bugs. It was a big disappointment from Obsidian studio. Watch this and see if it is really "underrated" ;)
Code:
http://angryjoeshow.com/2010/06/game-review-alpha-protocol/

Dude ... Alpha Protocol was amazing ... sure it's broken regarding stealth and a few other things ... but it's like a Secret Agent Mass Effect with great storytelling and some really fun gameplay. Just approach the action as more arcade-like ... go with the shotgun and you can't go wrong.

I thought it was great and wish that it could have had a more polished sequel (I know this will never happen, but it's a great game if you give it a chance and don't take it too seriously).

Alpha Protocol is amazing if you can forgive a bit of jank for some really wonderful, legitimate RPG design. It is the inverse of Mass Effect in all of the right ways. If you're looking for ACKSHUN SHOOTBANG or are the type of modern gamer who favors overwrought polish and accessibility over all else, it may not be something for you, but I think it's a great little cult gem.

Obsidian should give it another go, with PC specific branding and focus, and I bet it'd catch on very well.

Also, please never link to Angry Joe reviews. Ever. If I need to experience a concentrated dose of bad taste, I can eat out of the garbage.

[quote name='etcrane']Dude ... Alpha Protocol was amazing ... sure it's broken regarding stealth and a few other things ... but it's like a Secret Agent Mass Effect with great storytelling and some really fun gameplay. Just approach the action as more arcade-like ... go with the shotgun and you can't go wrong.

I thought it was great and wish that it could have had a more polished sequel (I know this will never happen, but it's a great game if you give it a chance and don't take it too seriously).[/QUOTE]

well, if we keep throwing money to encourage developer to pump out broken, half-baked product like Alpha Protocol, then don't be surprise if we have another half-baked product in the future. (yes it COULD HAVE been that awesome blend of Secret Agent Mass Effect like you mentioned but with broken stealth, broken AI, poor programing etc. --> so much for that potential)

[quote name='agentghost']well, if we keep throwing money to encourage developer to pump out broken, half-baked product like Alpha Protocol, then don't be surprise if we have another half-baked product in the future. (yes it COULD HAVE been that awesome blend of Secret Agent Mass Effect like you mentioned but with broken stealth, broken AI, poor programing etc. --> so much for that potential)[/QUOTE]

I'd hardly consider a $3.74 price before 30% off coupon to be throwing money. At around $2.50, it's got my curiosity piqued.

[quote name='agentghost']well, if we keep throwing money to encourage developer to pump out broken, half-baked product like Alpha Protocol, then don't be surprise if we have another half-baked product in the future. (yes it COULD HAVE been that awesome blend of Secret Agent Mass Effect like you mentioned but with broken stealth, broken AI, poor programing etc. --> so much for that potential)[/QUOTE]

I think it's general knowledge that you play Obsidian games for the great storytelling and expect issues with the actual game itself ... sort of like Telltale ... except you actually get to control the characters and there's actual gameplay beyond clicking all over the screen (I know ... low blow ... I loved the Walking Dead ... but I'm still bitter over Jurassic Park).

[quote name='Meringue']Also, please never link to Angry Joe reviews. Ever. If I need to experience a concentrated dose of bad taste, I can eat out of the garbage.[/QUOTE]
*posts a G4 review*

Meanwhile, in the Obsidian offices...

"Boss, guess what!?"

"Hm, what is it?"

"GMG just sent us our cut of the Alpha Protocol sale--$50 bucks!"

"Beers on me! After we'll get to work a new half-baked game!"

Meanwhile, in the Obsidian offices...

"Boss, guess what!?"

"Hm, what is it?"

"GMG just sent us our cut of the Alpha Protocol sale--$50 bucks!"

"Beers on me! After we'll get to work a new half-baked game!"

Oh man, this just made me laugh, guess it's time to get some sleep lol.

If you pick up AP, I highly recommend a stealthy kung fu build. Sneak whenever possible, kung fu when not. It's surprisingly effective. I think I used a gun once in the entire game. As a shooter, the game is pretty weak but that applies to any action RPG. Not sure what Angry Joe was complaining about in regards to AI. I never encountered any omniscient NPCs and was able to sneak through the bulk of the game with ease. Also, if you're going to use guns, you need to specialize in them. If you want accuracy, you need to invest points into the skill. At low levels, guns are pretty useless at long-range. It seems like Angry Joe didn't quite understand the RPG aspect of the game and the notion that you have to actually invest points into the appropriate skills if you want to use them effectively.

Ordered, activated, and downloaded Civ 5: G&K.
Civ 5: G&K (expansion) = $0.00

Used part of that $6 credit from buying Sleeping Dogs recently.
Still got some credit left-over ($2.85).

:whistle2: x

Ordered, activated, and downloaded Civ 5: G&K.
Civ 5: G&K (expansion) = $0.00

Used part of $6 credit from buying Sleeping Dogs.
Still Got credit left-over ($2.85)

:whistle2:x

“Daily” Deals
Civilization V: Gods & Kings - $4.49
Crusader Kings II - $9.99
Renegade Ops - $3.75

A 30% voucher is available across a great range of PC Download titles* - snap it up quickly as it expires on Thursday 3rd January 2013 at 12GMT. Simply copy the following voucher code and paste into the 'Voucher box' when at Check Out.

GMG30-DPLIM-DN831

* PC Download games only, some titles may be excluded. Excludes titles on Cash Back or GMG Credit promotions. Cannot be used in conjunction with another voucher. Voucher expires 03/01/13 at 12:00 GMT

bread's done
Back