Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

Anyone having issues with payment? I tried with my credit card but gives some error about contacting the bank...another friend has a similar issue just thinks GMG is a gambling site. I was able to purchase from here before. Just checking if its limited or widespread.

Picked up a G&K key for myself. Now trying to order a copy with my wife's GMG account and getting blocked. Tried calling my CC company and no problems on their end. UGH!

I was told that Gods and Kings does not require the base Civ V game, but now steam is telling me that I do, which is it?

[quote name='Curtsey']I was told that Gods and Kings does not require the base Civ V game, but now steam is telling me that I do, which is it?[/QUOTE]
It does. It's an expansion.

[quote name='Curtsey']I was told that Gods and Kings does not require the base Civ V game, but now steam is telling me that I do, which is it?[/QUOTE]

C5: G&K is a true-blue expansion.
You need Civ 5 to run it.

Also, Gods and Kings shows up on your Civ 5 DLC list, BTW.

Doesn't look like GMG's support is going anywhere. I'm thinking that I am locked because my wife and I are using the same address. Is anyone willing to purchase the expansion and PM me the key? I can PayPal the money. Just let me know.

[quote name='Lord_Zath']The only way you can play Gods & Kings without Civ V is by downloading the demo.

You need Civ V to play Gods & Kings.[/QUOTE]

They don't seem to like people having multiple accounts or otherwise buying mutiple copies of the same game so I could see them blocking buying the same game from another account with the same address or credit card.

In your case it's legit but I could see people pulling shenanigans with multiple shill accounts to resell keys.

I do think Gamersgate's two copies per account is more reasonable since people may want to get a second copy for their spouse or kid or friend or whatever.

[quote name='Motoki']They don't seem to like people having multiple accounts or otherwise buying mutiple copies of the same game so I could see them blocking buying the same game from another account with the same address or credit card.

In your case it's legit but I could see people pulling shenanigans with multiple shill accounts to resell keys.

I do think Gamersgate's two copies per account is more reasonable since people may want to get a second copy for their spouse or kid or friend or whatever.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's what I'm thinking, too. I'd try with my parents' address/credit card, but they're afraid a $3.15 transaction will lead to their entire life being stolen on the Internet...

[quote name='Motoki']They don't seem to like people having multiple accounts or otherwise buying mutiple copies of the same game so I could see them blocking buying the same game from another account with the same address or credit card.

I do think Gamersgate's two copies per account is more reasonable since people may want to get a second copy for their spouse or kid or friend or whatever.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, I bought The Book of Unwritten Tales: Deluxe Edition (when it wasn't on sale mind you) for a CAQ's Extra Life fundraiser, then when the game did go on sale I couldn't get it for myself because there's no price on the games page or buy button. So, I can either buy the standard edition, and get the upgrade pack on Steam, or wait for the deluxe to go on sale on Steam. However, if Steam didn't offer an upgrade pack for the deluxe extras (as it doesn't with a lot of games) there'd be no other option than to wait for steam to put it on sale.

SO I played Civ 5 my first time didn't enjoy it. Thought hell I would give it another shot after beating Xcom EU. I sunk about 7 hours into it last night trying to expand my Japanese Empire. Haha.

Instantly bought God and Kings at that price after watching a video on it adds religion, espionage, and a bunch of other new leaders and units it seems.

Not sure who told you this but as others pointed you need Civ 5 as the base game. There are a lot of deals floating around, including people who have extra copies in the Steam trade thread if you want to pick up a copy.

I can't seem to checkout. Trying to get Gods and Kings, but every time I click Checkout it just stays at the basket after refreshing. Help?

**I'm now getting a message about my account not being activated, so I guess I have to wait for the email. Haven't found a way to resend the email though and it's been 20 mins or so. Not in my spam folder.
*****Yup, that's all it was. Forgive my impatience.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='nosferatu51']I can't seem to checkout. Trying to get Gods and Kings, but every time I click Checkout it just stays at the basket after refreshing. Help?

**I'm now getting a message about my account not being activated, so I guess I have to wait for the email. Haven't found a way to resend the email though and it's been 20 mins or so. Not in my spam folder.
*****Yup, that's all it was. Forgive my impatience.[/QUOTE]

Happen to me earlier the message isn't obvious its in the same text as the basket information. I finally realized after hitting checkout about 10 times it was there.

[quote name='krushnine']I feel a little less crazy knowing that I wasn't the only one who stayed up to get this. I waited til 4am, hit refresh several times, bought the key and went to sleep. Haha.

This is FrontPage on Slickdeals now, so I'm guessing they'll run out of keys soon.[/QUOTE]

^_^ I'm glad I wasn't the only one (I'm PST as well). I was playing BL2 when I noticed it was 3:15 and I was feeling ready for bed. I decided to stay up an extra bit to catch G&K at the start, fearing they's run out of keys by the time I got up.

Crusader Kings II for $7 sounds good to me... though I do wonder whether I'll be sad that I don't have all the DLC. Should I hold out for the collection maybe being $12.50 again on Steam?

[quote name='mokmoof']Crusader Kings II for $7 sounds good to me... though I do wonder whether I'll be sad that I don't have all the DLC. Should I hold out for the collection maybe being $12.50 again on Steam?[/QUOTE]

Amazon has had it on sale a # of times too. Personally, I'd wait for a deal on it that included dlc.

[quote name='Motoki']Amazon has had it on sale a # of times too. Personally, I'd wait for a deal on it that included dlc.[/QUOTE]
Alright, will do. Thanks for the advice!

[quote name='mokmoof']Crusader Kings II for $7 sounds good to me... though I do wonder whether I'll be sad that I don't have all the DLC. Should I hold out for the collection maybe being $12.50 again on Steam?[/QUOTE]

The collection hardly has any DLC. Buy the CK2 for $7 and buy the DLC individually when they're 75% off (you'll get more DLC this way).

For some reason GMG will not accept my card for the purchase of Civ5 Gods & Kings. If anyone can help me out I can do Amazon GC now or paypal Jan. 2 when my transfer is completed. For the $3.15 with the coupon code. PM please, thanks.

Thanks Zyrin!

[quote name='combatrhombus']For some reason GMG will not accept my card for the purchase of Civ5 Gods & Kings. If anyone can help me out I can do Amazon GC now or paypal Jan. 2 when my transfer is completed. For the $3.15 with the coupon code. PM please, thanks.[/QUOTE]

Try buying it through a mobile device. It worked for me (and others).

[quote name='r4itolol']The collection hardly has any DLC. Buy the CK2 for $7 and buy the DLC individually when they're 75% off (you'll get more DLC this way).[/QUOTE]
Hasn't Amazon run deals that include all of the DLC, though?

Chuc mung nam moi hanh phuc va thanh cong
Chuc cac ban vui ve va hanh phuc ben gia dinh va dung quen tiep tuc xay dung dien dan nhe.

[quote name='mokmoof']Hasn't Amazon run deals that include all of the DLC, though?[/QUOTE]

With the game? I don't believe so. The DLC has been 75% off separately several times though.

I have over 150 hours on CK2 and have all of the DLC and I would recommend that you get the base game, Sword of Islam, and Legacy of Rome (and maybe Ruler Designer). The rest of the DLC is cosmetic - country flags, character portraits for different areas of the world, and songs (+ a DLC that makes it so Aztecs invade Western Europe as the Mongols do Asia/Eastern Europe). I like all of the DLC, but other than SoI/LoR I wouldn't really recommend it immediately.

[quote name='vscntkz']Chuc mung nam moi hanh phuc va thanh cong
Chuc cac ban vui ve va hanh phuc ben gia dinh va dung quen tiep tuc xay dung dien dan nhe.[/QUOTE][quote name='Google Translate']Happy happy new year and success
Wish you fun and happy family and do not forget to Forum building slightly.[/quote]
Backatcha

Chuc cac ban vui ve va hanh phuc ben gia dinh va dung quen tiep tuc xay dung dien dan nhe.[/QUOTE]
You're a bit early.

Chuc cac ban vui ve va hanh phuc ben gia dinh va dung quen tiep tuc xay dung dien dan nhe.[/QUOTE]

năm màu xanh hạnh phúc với em gái của con dê của bạn

I̶ ̶g̶r̶a̶b̶b̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶ ̶c̶o̶p̶y̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶G̶o̶d̶s̶ ̶&̶ ̶K̶i̶n̶g̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶a̶ ̶f̶r̶i̶e̶n̶d̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶ ̶c̶a̶s̶e̶ ̶k̶e̶y̶s̶ ̶r̶a̶n̶ ̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶a̶s̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶t̶i̶m̶e̶.̶ ̶R̶a̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶n̶ ̶f̶l̶i̶p̶p̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶a̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶f̶i̶t̶ ̶l̶a̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶I̶'̶d̶ ̶r̶a̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶h̶e̶l̶p̶ ̶a̶n̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶C̶A̶G̶.̶ ̶

A̶n̶y̶b̶o̶d̶y̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶b̶l̶e̶m̶s̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶g̶i̶v̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶m̶o̶n̶e̶y̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶G̶M̶G̶,̶ ̶P̶M̶ ̶m̶e̶.̶ ̶I̶ ̶t̶e̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶p̶r̶e̶f̶e̶r̶ ̶A̶m̶a̶z̶o̶n̶ ̶G̶C̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶I̶'̶m̶ ̶f̶i̶n̶e̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶P̶a̶y̶P̶a̶l̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶w̶e̶l̶l̶.̶

Edit: And taken!

[quote name='sunghost']năm màu xanh hạnh phúc với em gái của con dê của bạn[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Idiotekque']Tôi hy vọng tất cả các bạn có hứng thú trò chơi video rất tốt đó là hơi nước cung![/QUOTE]

ancient_chinese_secret_tile_coaster.jpg

Nah, just kidding.

Love this deal on G&K. Loved the deal on X-Com. Would have loved the deal on the Season Pass for BL2 had I noticed it in time.

Still, lovin' me some GMG atm. Rock on, GMG. Rock on. You're giving Amazon DD a run for their money as far as I'm concerned, which is very high praise.

[quote name='Mooby']Alpha Protocol.... come back to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee![/QUOTE]

I like how your cross-posting about this game in other threads, haha. I'm pretty bummed I missed this sale.

Well I am sort of surprised it's not available as a steam key on Amazon since SEGA has a bunch of games over there already.

Alpha Brotocol was such a rocking game, just be ready to be SUPER DUPERDY DOO frustrated on boss encounters. Yeesh.

Beat it on the hard class and it unlocks the "insta win" class. LOVED that game on the PS3. Have it for PC now, too.

bread's done
Back