Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

It's about time Sonic Generations hit a near $5 price. I could see this being part of a Sega bundle later, though. Not sure if I should get it now or wait until next fall.

[quote name='bshirk']It's about time Sonic Generations hit a near $5 price. I could see this being part of a Sega bundle later, though. Not sure if I should get it now or wait until next fall.[/QUOTE]

If you have the patience to wait until next fall it should definitely get cheaper. Game is probably due for a $19.99 MSRP drop which would make it $5 after 75% off.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']If you have the patience to wait until next fall it should definitely get cheaper. Game is probably due for a $19.99 MSRP drop which would make it $5 after 75% off.[/QUOTE]

With the voucher, it's already 5.25....why wait months to save 25 cents. I bought that game day 1 and its without a doubt the best Sonic game since Sonic Adventure. At 5.25, it's a no brainer if you ever liked Sonic in the past.

[quote name='titanium']With the voucher, it's already 5.25....why wait months to save 25 cents. I bought that game day 1 and its without a doubt the best Sonic game since Sonic Adventure. At 5.25, it's a no brainer if you ever liked Sonic in the past.[/QUOTE]

Well, if the MSRP dropped to $19.99, then 75% off would be $4.99 and then there could potentially be a 30% off coupon code.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']If you have the patience to wait until next fall it should definitely get cheaper. Game is probably due for a $19.99 MSRP drop which would make it $5 after 75% off.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I was hoping for a great price on this a la G&K.

$5? Reputable places will have that within a few weeks (I'm surprised it hasn't even hit $5 on Steam this month). I can wait. :)

Has anyone played the PC version of Devil May Cry 4? On Metacritic, some people say it's a lousy port while others say it's the superior version. I'm thinking about getting it and selling my 360 copy.

[quote name='TheArmoredVirus']God damnit i literally just bought sanic for 15 dollars like 5 days ago christ almight gmg i hate you

i hate you

i hate[/QUOTE]

Check a price tracker next time. There are three in my sig.

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']Love this deal on G&K. Loved the deal on X-Com. Would have loved the deal on the Season Pass for BL2 had I noticed it in time.

Still, lovin' me some GMG atm. Rock on, GMG. Rock on. You're giving Amazon DD a run for their money as far as I'm concerned, which is very high praise.[/QUOTE]

What was the BL2 pass deal? I'd been looking for one danggit......

[quote name='bshirk']Has anyone played the PC version of Devil May Cry 4? On Metacritic, some people say it's a lousy port while others say it's the superior version. I'm thinking about getting it and selling my 360 copy.[/QUOTE]

DMC4 has always been a great port. DMC3 had a really unoptimized port. I have both on PC.

[quote name='asheskitty']For anyone considering DMC3... (For the record, the PC port of DMC4 has always been great.) DMC3+4 bundle $10 on flash sale

I have it both on PS2 and PC. Regarding the PC port...

It seems to run fine on Win7-64bit. The PC port's performance was pretty bad back in the day. I just ran through the first mission and Fraps reported constant 60 FPS on my four year old Phenom II X3 720 BE (@ 3.2 GHz) and GTX 260. Without modding, it is 3:4 with resolutions up to 1600x1200. It looks a bit sharper than the PS2 version (simply due to rendering at higher rez). Graphics and textures look the same as on PS2.

I stronly recommend that you have a DirectInput compatible controller (e.g. RumblePad 2, F310/F510/F710), for this and any other games on PC that predated the Xbox 360. If you do, it will work flawlessly.

You can use an Xinput (360 controller, F310/F510/F710) controller but by default the sticks will be swapped. Simply adding a few lines to the INI fixed that. However LT and RT do not seem to work (not surprising, in Xinput LT & RT are mapped to the positive and negative halves of a single axis -- not separate buttons like in DirectInput. This seems to render LT & RT unusable. I do recall some software for backward compatability for 360 controllers, but I've never tried it. Reportedly you can just map two of your buttons to keyboard keys as a workaround.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bshirk']Has anyone played the PC version of Devil May Cry 4? On Metacritic, some people say it's a lousy port while others say it's the superior version. I'm thinking about getting it and selling my 360 copy.[/QUOTE]

It's good.

so i tried buying sonic with my debit card(capital one) and it said that i should contact my bank cuz the purchase wasnt authorized. so i did so and the lady told me she flagged my card or some shit and i should be able to purchase from there but to wait 5 minutes. its been half an hour and still i cant buy it D:< this must be the universe's way of telling me not to get sonic, since im kind of doubtful about it

[quote name='asheskitty']DMC4 has always been a great port. DMC3 had a really unoptimized port. I have both on PC.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, will be getting the PC version of DMC 4, then.

[quote name='swizzy']so i tried buying sonic with my debit card(capital one) and it said that i should contact my bank cuz the purchase wasnt authorized. so i did so and the lady told me she flagged my card or some shit and i should be able to purchase from there but to wait 5 minutes. its been half an hour and still i cant buy it D:< this must be the universe's way of telling me not to get sonic, since im kind of doubtful about it[/QUOTE]

GMG purchasing has been messed up for some people. What finally worked for me was buying it through an iPod with paypal.

Has anyone who bought Titan Quest Gold managed to get there key? I have been told they're out of keys and told to either wait or ask for a refund by there support staff. Anyone else had similar from them?

[quote name='Emuaust']Has anyone who bought Titan Quest Gold managed to get there key? I have been told they're out of keys and told to either wait or ask for a refund by there support staff. Anyone else had similar from them?[/QUOTE]

I had the same thing happen with Alpha Protocol. Their support staff said it might be a few weeks before they get new keys in. I'd assume it would be a similar situation with Titan Quest.

These guys seriously need to have more keys in stock when they go to sell something -- seems to be a routine problem for them.

Woops. Almost bought The Last Remenant twice.

I like TSW alot. Its however not casual and doesn't hold your hand like GW2 or even Wow. It also runs horribly on my PC, where WOW and GW2 ran great.

[quote name='sleeping_lights_on']Woops. Almost bought The Last Remenant twice.

I like TSW alot. Its however not casual and doesn't hold your hand like GW2 or even Wow. It also runs horribly on my PC, where WOW and GW2 ran great.[/QUOTE]
If you have an nVidia card, the game is really unoptimized and buggy, while ironically it runs great on AMD cards.

Switch to DX9 mode and it should run great on max settings. You'll lose SSAO (hardly noticeable in this game, imo) and tessellation (bumpy ground, cool but not essential), but your performance will jump up.

[quote name='asheskitty']Check a price tracker next time. There are three in my sig.[/QUOTE]

Do they tell the future? Because I'm not sure why that is helpful. Unless your point is "it's already been cheaper anyway" but a price tracker isn't going to show future sales with possible coupons.

Hmm Sonic generations. I really need to invest in a xbox controller but can not force myself to spend $35 on one. Even though I have all these indie games and maybe Super Meat Boy might be a tad easier without a keyboard.

[quote name='kiwimonster']Hmm Sonic generations. I really need to invest in a xbox controller but can not force myself to spend $35 on one. Even though I have all these indie games and maybe Super Meat Boy might be a tad easier without a keyboard.[/QUOTE]

I'd recommend a Logitech F310/F710 for native Xinput (360) support as well as DirectInput (older games) support.

[quote name='asheskitty']I'd recommend a Logitech F310/F710 for native Xinput (360) support as well as DirectInput (older games) support.[/QUOTE]
I was looking at those controllers, but I don't like the look of the triggers. Coming from Playstation 3 over to PC I found that I really appreciated the hook-shaped triggers on the 360. Too bad it has such a miserable d-pad.

I just use a PS3 controller on my PS3. I have the Batman Wired Xbox controller but it fucked up after awhile using it on my PC and voids the warranty.

Also, loving GMG right now. this 30 off plus the daily deals are amazing. So glad I waited on Alan Wake, Sleeping Dog, and now Sonic Generations.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']I was looking at those controllers, but I don't like the look of the triggers. Coming from Playstation 3 over to PC I found that I really appreciated the hook-shaped triggers on the 360. Too bad it has such a miserable d-pad.[/QUOTE]

Look for the "PDP Pelican PS3 Dual Triggers with Bonus Silicone Caps" knock offs on ebay. They made my ps3 controllers almost as comfortable as my 360 controllers.

For 5 Dollars, I will legitimately buy Sonic Generations for my PC.

(PC users be warned: Chemical Plant Act 2 will drive you nuts with its lag :p)

I see alot of people talking up TSW? Did I miss some...Secret Sale? (Har. Har...Secret World..Secret Sale..I'm sorry. I'll show myself the door.)

[quote name='plutoknight']For 5 Dollars, I will legitimately buy Sonic Generations for my PC.

I see alot of people talking up TSW? Did I miss some...Secret Sale? (Har. Har...Secret World..Secret Sale..I'm sorry. I'll show myself the door.)[/QUOTE]

Well, a few weeks ago - many of us missed TSW for $5.xx on GMG, right before the game dropped having sub-fees.

TSW is going to be going on sale on Amazon DVG...like SOON, in the upcoming EC 2012 sale.
Nowhere as cheap as GMG's deal was, though.

[quote name='MysterD']Well, a few weeks ago - many of us missed TSW for $5.xx on GMG, right before the game dropped having sub-fees.

TSW is going to be going on sale on Amazon DVG...like SOON, in the upcoming EC 2012 sale.
Nowhere as cheap as GMG's deal was, though.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that deal was nuts but to be fair it had a subscription fee at the time and no one knew it was going to drop off then.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='plutoknight']For 5 Dollars, I will legitimately buy Sonic Generations for my PC.

I see alot of people talking up TSW? Did I miss some...Secret Sale? (Har. Har...Secret World..Secret Sale..I'm sorry. I'll show myself the door.)[/QUOTE]

It ran smoothly on my system, but while on the topic of Sonic Generations, anyone who picked this up on console really should give the PC version a go, the removal of the silly motion blur crap of from the console ports makes this so much easier on the eyes to play.

[quote name='darkling23']I loathe my F310 and regret purchasing it.[/QUOTE]

I am sincerely curious why? No rumble? I've owned a F510 for year and am really curious. I have small hands and I can't quite reach the F510 triggers as well as I should. I prefer DS3 for that reason. However when it comes to games that natively only support DirectInput well (e.g. DMC3, GTA:VC & SA) nothing beats it (except my broken x-axis right thumbstick RumblePad 2).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Emuaust']It ran smoothly on my system, but while on the topic of Sonic Generations, anyone who picked this up on console really should give the PC version a go, the removal of the silly motion blur crap of from the console ports makes this so much easier on the eyes to play.[/QUOTE]
Motion blur is still there. Game just runs at 60FPS instead of 30.

[quote name='asheskitty']I am sincerely curious why? No rumble? I've owned a F510 for year and am really curious. I have small hands and I can't quite reach the F510 triggers as well as I should. I prefer DS3 for that reason. However when it comes to games that natively only support DirectInput well (e.g. DMC3, GTA:VC & SA) nothing beats it (except my broken x-axis right thumbstick RumblePad 2).[/QUOTE]

Mostly the buttons are loud and clicky and the triggers are tiny and weird. I couldn't get a 'natural' feeling grip on the controller. It just felt so tiny and awkward in my hands. It was the first and only time I've bought a gamepad blind online without touching it. :)

I'm very fond of my 360 wireless, though. It is just the right size and everything feels right.

Now how did I know that London 2012 would go on sale as soon as it was 2013?

Still not cheap enough though. $11.24 on sale or $7.87 with 30% off voucher.

That game has a title that is now officially dated so $5 or less or GTFO.

bread's done
Back