Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

“Daily” Deal
London 2012: The Official video game of the Olympic Games - $11.24

“Notables” Still on Sale
Red Faction - $3.00
Devil May Cry 4 - $6.79

A 30% voucher is available across a great range of PC Download titles* - snap it up quickly as it expires on Thursday 3rd January 2013 at 12GMT. Simply copy the following voucher code and paste into the 'Voucher box' when at Check Out.

GMG30-DPLIM-DN831

* PC Download games only, some titles may be excluded. Excludes titles on Cash Back or GMG Credit promotions. Cannot be used in conjunction with another voucher. Voucher expires 03/01/13 at 12:00 GMT

Red Faction for $2.10 sounds good, it was one the first pc games I played and I think I have a physical copy of it somewhere but this is better since it activates on steam

Little bit off topic but for everyone that has purchased The Secret World, how is it? Does it lean more towards MMO than MMORPG?

[quote name='Curtsey']Little bit off topic but for everyone that has purchased The Secret World, how is it? Does it lean more towards MMO than MMORPG?[/QUOTE]
I'm not sure what you mean by this but it's VERY plot/mission oriented. Most of your xp gains will come from progressing through the central plot and associated sub plots along the way. Missions range from simple "Kill X many swamp monsters" to investigative missions where you seek out clues, use the internet to access sites, and have to noodle your way through -- or just use the net for a walkthrough.

If you're asking about the community, it's the same as every other MMORPG in that most people are there to recreationally kill monsters and there's enclaves of people there to emote "Dark Raven looks at you sadly and says 'How will we save my brother?'..."

[quote name='Curtsey']Little bit off topic but for everyone that has purchased The Secret World, how is it? Does it lean more towards MMO than MMORPG?[/QUOTE]

No, the story elements, character development, and the lore are all a tour de force. For 13$, you can't really go wrong with it. Everything about the game is incredible except the combat, which is a little lackluster.

[quote name='Syntax Error']I'm not sure what you mean by this but it's VERY plot/mission oriented. Most of your xp gains will come from progressing through the central plot and associated sub plots along the way. Missions range from simple "Kill X many swamp monsters" to investigative missions where you seek out clues, use the internet to access sites, and have to noodle your way through -- or just use the net for a walkthrough.

If you're asking about the community, it's the same as every other MMORPG in that most people are there to recreationally kill monsters and there's enclaves of people there to emote "Dark Raven looks at you sadly and says 'How will we save my brother?'..."[/QUOTE]

Hehe sorry, English is a little bad sometimes, especially hungover :p

I'll try to explain further.

Do you gain levels? are there dungeons? Is there the basic trinity in the game? (tank/dps/healer) Or at least healer/dps?

Edit: I love trying out new games, but sadly even at 13$ or whatever it is, I cannot afford it since I reached my set budget for game purchases for at least a few weeks. It looks interesting, and being an Anarchy ONline fanboy I'll always try a funcom game.

There is character progression (not directly "levels" but gaining new powers and access to weapon tiers). There are instanced mission locations that require a group of characters rather than going solo. There are all the usual power types (tank/aggro, damage, debuffs, heals, etc) but no direct "healing class" or "debuff class". You could select your powers and item foci though to essentially make yourself a healer or debuff centered character for group play.

You can switch out powers pretty much on the fly so you can have a "group play" build for healing or tanking and another "solo play" build with more rounded powers.

[quote name='Syntax Error']There is character progression (not directly "levels" but gaining new powers and access to weapon tiers). There are instanced mission locations that require a group of characters rather than going solo. There are all the usual power types (tank/aggro, damage, debuffs, heals, etc) but no direct "healing class" or "debuff class". You could select your powers and item foci though to essentially make yourself a healer or debuff centered character for group play.

You can switch out powers pretty much on the fly so you can have a "group play" build for healing or tanking and another "solo play" build with more rounded powers.[/QUOTE]

Okay sounds interesting, thank you for the info sir.

[quote name='MrBonk']Motion blur is still there. Game just runs at 60FPS instead of 30.[/QUOTE]

I -think- there are mods to turn the blur off?

Speaking of mods, there's a big Sonic Generations mod out there that is working to put all of Unleashed's Daytime levels in it:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/sonic-generations-unleashed-project

I don't think it's officially out yet, but it was listed in a Top 10 mods to look forward too list I saw on a PC site.

[quote name='plutoknight']I -think- there are mods to turn the blur off?

Speaking of mods, there's a big Sonic Generations mod out there that is working to put all of Unleashed's Daytime levels in it:

I don't think it's officially out yet, but it was listed in a Top 10 mods to look forward too list I saw on a PC site.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for pointing that out. I will track that mod.

Of course I haven't quite figured out where you actually go to look for the notices of updates of games and mods you are tracking on Desura and Modb... :whistle2:k

*Edit: DO'H Never mind. Up top when I'm logged in there's a link that says updates and there's a news feed there. I think it's unified between moddb, indiedb and Desura too because I seem to have stuff from all 3 in there.

I wish there was a way to get notifications from it without going there to look though. Maybe I can see if there is an RSS feed or something for it.

Can someone from the UK help me with beating regional prices on DMC4? Somehow my payment can't go through. Done!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='poxi']Can someone from the UK help me with beating regional prices on DMC4? Somehow my payment can't go through.[/QUOTE]
I'm looking for someone to help out with this, too, if there are any of them around.

[quote name='plutoknight']I -think- there are mods to turn the blur off?

I don't think it's officially out yet, but it was listed in a Top 10 mods to look forward too list I saw on a PC site.[/QUOTE]
There may be.. I know people are modding Generations. I haven't payed much attention because I like Generations vanilla just the way it is aside from the FMV quality.

[quote name='aus_nacht']Look for the "PDP Pelican PS3 Dual Triggers with Bonus Silicone Caps" knock offs on ebay. They made my ps3 controllers almost as comfortable as my 360 controllers.[/QUOTE]
I have a pair of those for my Dualshock, but it has different triggers than the Logitech ones so they wouldn't fit.

Dang, I would like to get saints row 2 to jump into again after I finish 3.. 4.50 with that 30% off would be perfect.. but no stock :(

My Alpha Protocol key just came in, BTW. For some reason, it's not showing up on my "Keys" page, but if I click on the game under "My Games" and click "view key," it shows up. Sweet! Hopefully the rest of you who were waiting on keys for this game have them now, too.

30% off code is expired.

New code :
You can now use a 20% off voucher*
GMG20-PJFEW-Y16HK
on most PC download games. We will also be
applying this to some of the pre-purchase games
over the coming days.
* PC Download games only, some titles may be
excluded. Cannot be used in conjunction with another
voucher. Voucher expires 11/01/13 at 12:00 GMT

I have 1 SINE MORA Steam Key for Trade. Just add me on Steam and maybe we can make a deal.

Looking for but open to other offers.
NecrovisioN: Lost Company
Painkiller Black

:whistle2:k
Steam User Id is: psn_suicide_king_213

[quote name='hal']Oh what the heck... $2, looks cool, reviewed well, Rolling_Skull hates it. How can I go wrong? ;)[/QUOTE]

At first I thought, oh sure, $2, yes RS hates it. The demo didn't impress me. But it's only $2. Now I'm a nervous wreck. I keep peering out the window looking for RSmobile's skull-on-wheels. I just know he's going to show up. I just know it.

I'd also suggest looking at the eXceed collection $5 and the Gundemonium Collection $5 (might have it from IR). I'm torn on Satazius at $3 (thinking I'll likely pass on it for now). Also Ether Vapor remaster $4.

[quote name='asheskitty']At first I thought, oh sure, $2, yes RS hates it. The demo didn't impress me. But it's only $2. Now I'm a nervous wreck. I keep peering out the window looking for RSmobile's skull-on-wheels. I just know he's going to show up. I just know it.

I'd also suggest looking at the eXceed collection $5 and the Gundemonium Collection $5 (might have it from IR). I'm torn on Satazius at $3 (thinking I'll likely pass on it for now). Also Ether Vapor remaster $4.[/QUOTE]

I'm not a huge shmups fan, but Sine Mora isn't bad. Not a big fan of Gundemonium, but I do remember liking Ether Vapor before it was a remaster.

I SEE YOU REACHING FOR THAT BUY BUTTON. DON'T YOU DARE.

Really, I think Sine Mora has huge pacing issues and feels like Call of Duty Black Ops 2. Loud, pretty, but with so many fundamental quirks and dumb ideas coming together that its hard to enjoy compared to better games. Usually I wish a shump would end because I'm about to die. Here I was getting bored before the halfway point and wishing it would end just so I could ditch it.

The reviews shouldn't convince you. If you are a shump geek then you have written off reviewers of the genre long ago. They are not discerning customers of the genre.

ALL THAT SAID, for $2? Why not? Even I would buy it for $2. Though I still think the genre has better freeware offerings.

[quote name='krushnine']Purchased. I ain't afraid of no mobile version of RS.[/QUOTE]

When I figure out how to get that skull mobile as my icon in the iphone browsing mode you will learn. You will ALL learn.

[quote name='Tolyngee']Sine Mora will just be in some indie bundle (or two) soon enough.[/QUOTE]

The publisher, Kalypso, has had very few games make it into indie packs. And Grasshopper was a co-developer, so it may complicate things as major Japanese developer games have never been in an indie pack of any kind as far as I know.

Hey dudes, I'm making a New Year's resolution to be around here more ;)

Just to let you guys know we've got a 25% voucher available on prepurchase games. There's a full list on our blog, and it includes stuff like Aliens, Tomb Raider, DMC. All those things that'll be awesome.

The code: GMG25-XTYYZ-POSL1

-James

[quote name='JamesGMG']Hey dudes, I'm making a New Year's resolution to be around here more ;)

Just to let you guys know we've got a 25% voucher available on prepurchase games. There's a full list on our blog, and it includes stuff like Aliens, Tomb Raider, DMC. All those things that'll be awesome.

-James[/QUOTE]

Great discount Thanks

[quote name='JamesGMG']Hey dudes, I'm making a New Year's resolution to be around here more ;) [/QUOTE]
Hiya, be nice to have another official rep around. We can put you guys in a box and poke you with sticks until you cage fight.

[quote name='Syntax Error']Hiya, be nice to have another official rep around. We can put you guys in a box and poke you with sticks until you cage fight.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't we just play some of this instead... Chivalry? :(

[quote name='JamesGMG']Hey dudes, I'm making a New Year's resolution to be around here more ;)

-James[/QUOTE]

Thanks for stopping by. Love to see you more.

I bought the Tomb Raider pre-purchase in December - really looking forward to it.

You guys are my favorite vendor. Great service, and I've been satisfied with the timeliness on the delivery of keys for all but one of my many transactions. Will gladly keep giving you my business - keep it up!

-James
[/QUOTE]

I look forward to having you around. I really love how GMG stepped uo the deals this fall with the regularly stacking 20-30% codes. I really liked your Borderlands 2 (and DLC) deals, Sleeping Dogs, Civ 5: Gods & Kings, Binary Domain, Sonic Generation etc. I also enjoyed your deals on the smaller stuff like Sine More, SkyDrift, JetSet Radio, High School Dreams, etc. I find your blog useful for details on the discount codes and particularly when you announce your upcoming deals.

[quote name='LazyTriangle']any particular reason why the 25% discount code doesn't work on Bioshock Infinite for those of us in north america?[/QUOTE]
I believe B:I is one of those games where the publisher isn't allowing preorder discounts.

-James[/QUOTE]

Nice, great you have you around. Really like the deals that GMG offers. I think the question everyone is asking themselves right now is whether James will be the Tony of 2013 lol

Nice was hoping GMG would have something for DMC. Didnt want to grab a console versiin unless it was from Best Buys 20$ cert program. Still not sold on DMC. Got too much already

Doh, just bought the cave for only 20% discount yesterday. No biggie.

Let's see, Bioshock Infinite isn't eligable. That was my prime 'looking for', but Devil May Cry and Sim City are tempting.

[quote name='Syntax Error']I believe B:I is one of those games where the publisher isn't allowing preorder discounts.[/QUOTE]

And it still has a $10 credit applied. All of the pre-orders they are allowing discounts on seem to have a much smaller credit you earn for pre-purchasing.

[quote name='Syntax Error']I believe B:I is one of those games where the publisher isn't allowing preorder discounts.[/QUOTE]

And it still has a $10 credit applied. All of the pre-orders they are allowing discounts on seem to have a much smaller credit you earn for pre-purchasing.

Really tempted to use the 25% off on Tomb Raider but lately all the Squenix games have been dropping in price super fast after release (Deus Ex, Sleeping Dogs, Hitman). Guess I still have some days to decide.

Hmm Omerta is 15% off plus the 25% preorder voucher plus another $2 in cash back or $3 in GMG credit so you can get it for $23.50 or $25.50 plus $3 GMG credit.

Not a bad deal.

-James[/QUOTE]

welcome (back?)! are you the same guy as on reddit? As it appears to be so. And eh's a pretty cool guy who doesn't afraid of deals.

and nice promotion. I support it.

bread's done
Back