Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

VERY tempted by the preorder prices but the only one I'm sure will have a good PC version is Aliens.
gonna wait on the others.

I was very tempted by the preorder prices and my first few went through. Now I'm getting an error that says to contact my payment provider, yet they say none of those charges ever even reached their end. They see my first 3 purchases and then none of the attempts afterwards. I even put through 2 orders while on the phone with them and they said the request never hit their end despite your website saying I was declined by my provider.
I tried games from different publishers and had the same issue.

WEird that Bioshock Infinite appears on the promo page yet can't be pre-ordered with the code :(

However, GMG rocks! Didn't know there was a GMG rep lurking around here. That's awesome IMO.

Wowza on that Tomb Raider pre-purchase price, though -- ~33 and change with voucher!

[quote name='AgentW']welcome (back?)! are you the same guy as on reddit? As it appears to be so. And eh's a pretty cool guy who doesn't afraid of deals.

and nice promotion. I support it.[/QUOTE]

Yes I am the same guy :) Anywhere you see GMG talking basically, it's probably me :D

Aw, Bioshock is the only game in years that I want badly enough to preorder. But I'd feel like a chump paying full price when the UK gets a voucher.

I can hold out until a Steam -33% sale in the Summer. I can, I can, I can. >.>

[quote name='JamesGMG']Yes I am the same guy :) Anywhere you see GMG talking basically, it's probably me :D[/QUOTE]

Posted this last night and since you're up thought I would mention it again. Was hoping to snag another 4 or 5 preorders, but....

Now I'm getting an error that says to contact my payment provider, yet they say none of those charges ever even reached their end. They see my first 3 purchases and then none of the attempts afterwards. I even put through 2 orders while on the phone with them and they said the request never hit their end despite your website saying I was declined by my provider.
I tried games from different publishers and had the same issue.

[quote name='measureless']Aw, Bioshock is the only game in years that I want badly enough to preorder. But I'd feel like a chump paying full price when the UK gets a voucher.

I can hold out until a Steam -33% sale in the Summer. I can, I can, I can. >.>[/QUOTE]

I know Newegg has had promo's where it could be preorders for like $45 or $48 dollars, but that was the physical version

[quote name='nosferatu51']Posted this last night and since you're up thought I would mention it again. Was hoping to snag another 4 or 5 preorders, but....

Now I'm getting an error that says to contact my payment provider, yet they say none of those charges ever even reached their end. They see my first 3 purchases and then none of the attempts afterwards. I even put through 2 orders while on the phone with them and they said the request never hit their end despite your website saying I was declined by my provider.
I tried games from different publishers and had the same issue.[/QUOTE]

Have you contacted our own support guys about it? You can do this by logging in to GMG, clicking support and creating a new request.

Or if you've already done that feel free to throw me a PM with the ticket number and I'll try to get it looked at. Payment issues can be trickier though so I can't say whether or not there will be a resolution - I'm honestly not too educated on payment processes and the like!

-James

[quote name='JamesGMG']Have you contacted our own support guys about it? You can do this by logging in to GMG, clicking support and creating a new request.

Or if you've already done that feel free to throw me a PM with the ticket number and I'll try to get it looked at. Payment issues can be trickier though so I can't say whether or not there will be a resolution - I'm honestly not too educated on payment processes and the like!

-James[/QUOTE]

I submitted a ticket earlier, but know that forums, etc often result in a faster response. Since I have an impulse purchasing problem, speed is good :)
Turns out by the time I got back to here someone named Nolan had already "made changes to [my] account" and it is working again. I'm curious what those changes were though....

On another note: Is there a way to enable it so that the same coupon (eg: the 25% off preorders) activates on ALL applicable items in a cart? I'm having to buy each preorder individually because it will only activate on 1 item in the cart. My credit card company has a little bit of a heart attack when they see the same charge amount come across multiple times from the UK :)

[quote name='nosferatu51']I submitted a ticket earlier, but know that forums, etc often result in a faster response. Since I have an impulse purchasing problem, speed is good :)
Turns out by the time I got back to here someone named Nolan had already "made changes to [my] account" and it is working again. I'm curious what those changes were though....

On another note: Is there a way to enable it so that the same coupon (eg: the 25% off preorders) activates on ALL applicable items in a cart? I'm having to buy each preorder individually because it will only activate on 1 item in the cart. My credit card company has a little bit of a heart attack when they see the same charge amount come across multiple times from the UK :)[/QUOTE]

Glad it's working again!

As for the vouchers.. sadly not. That's a quirk which down the line we'll be addressing so you can redeem it on all applicable products in the basket.

[quote name='JamesGMG']Glad it's working again!

As for the vouchers.. sadly not. That's a quirk which down the line we'll be addressing so you can redeem it on all applicable products in the basket.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I hope you guys can fix that. When you were having that big OMGWTFBBQ the whole damned store (practically) is on sale sale recently I ended up making multiple purchases a bunch of times and I'm pretty sure you guys get dinged a fee per each transaction so it would make more sense to let people bundle them up.

James is there a confirmed ETA on when you're getting more Titan Quest Gold keys, I've submitted a ticket but support just tells me soon, which inst very helpful. Any extra info would be appreciated, thanks.

James,

Would love to see another Alpha Protocol promotion as I was unable to get in that relatively small window before you all ran out of keys a week or so ago.

@JamesGMG

Any chance we might ever see The Secret World hit $5.xx USD again or so?
Or something maybe even remotely close to that ballpark?

Since subs are gone, I doubt it'll hit $5.xx again...but something in the ballpark (even if a little more expensive) would be nice.

I've been trying to checkout my order for SimCity since yesterday, every time I get a message saying there were "Network issues" when I click the checkout button. I just sent support a ticket. Highly frustrating.

[quote name='Emuaust']James is there a confirmed ETA on when you're getting more Titan Quest Gold keys, I've submitted a ticket but support just tells me soon, which inst very helpful. Any extra info would be appreciated, thanks.[/QUOTE]

We work off the same latest information. If you want feel free to send me a PM, it'll leave me a reminder in my email inbox to ask for another update. Alas we're at the mercy of the publisher for getting more keys in, but should hopefully get sorted out early next week.

[quote name='Mooby']James,

Would love to see another Alpha Protocol promotion as I was unable to get in that relatively small window before you all ran out of keys a week or so ago.[/QUOTE]

I've been telling them it'd be awesome to see another run of that. It might be coming up in the near future but I couldn't make any guarantee.

[quote name='MysterD']@JamesGMG

Any chance we might ever see The Secret World hit $5.xx USD again or so?
Or something maybe even remotely close to that ballpark?

Since subs are gone, I doubt it'll hit $5.xx again...but something in the ballpark (even if a little more expensive) would be nice.[/QUOTE]

I've not seen any plans for it. But I agree it'd be good. If it does come up again you'll definitely be able to see it on our various shouting channels. I know you see them Myster :)

[quote name='flashburn']I've been trying to checkout my order for SimCity since yesterday, every time I get a message saying there were "Network issues" when I click the checkout button. I just sent support a ticket. Highly frustrating.[/QUOTE]

If you've got a ticket number you're happy to give me I can gently push it under their noses on Monday morning (unless you get a response before then of course!)

[quote name='JamesGMG']
I've not seen any plans for it. But I agree it'd be good. If it does come up again you'll definitely be able to see it on our various shouting channels. I know you see them Myster :)
[/QUOTE]
Oh, yeah - I'll definitely keep my eyes open for another TSW deal from you guys - especially if it's in a similar ballpark to that insane $5.xx deal you had not too long before sub-fees got dropped..

I really hope you run a TSW deal again, since the game is now without sub-fees; and since the game has seen a 400% increase in activity.

[quote name='Edzo04']damn i just preordered the cave through steam and then immediately remembered gmg exists[/QUOTE]

OTOH you get TF2 crap there. A hillbilly hat and beard and a stuffed teddy bear.

Even if you don't want it you could probably find someone to buy it from you. Might be worth more if you hold onto it for a while too.

[quote name='JamesGMG']
I've been telling them it'd be awesome to see another run of that. It might be coming up in the near future but I couldn't make any guarantee.
[/QUOTE]

Cool. Thanks for the reply!

We need a Tera Online sale upcoming in the pipeline now that it's going 'free to play' as well. Tons of people are going to be looking for a base edition to get 'founder' status. I know it probably can't happen right away, but I hope to see it on the burner somewhere.

[quote name='Motoki']OTOH you get TF2 crap there. A hillbilly hat and beard and a stuffed teddy bear.

Even if you don't want it you could probably find someone to buy it from you. Might be worth more if you hold onto it for a while too.[/QUOTE]

Those things will probably only be worth a couple bucks. And it would be better to sell it right away either on steamcommmunity.com/market or through trading. You might be able to sell all the items for a couple of tf2 keys which would net you about 4-5 bucks in steam wallet. They aren't tradeable yet which might hurt the price of those items though. I'd rather take the 25 percent off.

I would have bought Bioshock Infinite on that deal but its kind of wack the deal is not available for American players.

Some recommendations for the future.

A) Dont let American players see the deal in the first place. I mean wth, I understand now that its not available but if you look at the page we see it sure as heck does look like its a promotion going on.

B) The disclaimer page... I didn't see on the bioshock page the code wouldn't work, not until I went back and looked at where the code was displayed and then clicked on compatible games did I see that the code for Bioshock Infinite wasn't available for North American players. The problem is now that most players will just think its a glitch and your website isn't working because they will try to use the code on it, and never go beyond that.

In the future Id suggest if a deal isn't made for NA players to make it not show up for us based on IP address. Its less frustrating for both sides.

[quote name='retrad']I would have bought Bioshock Infinite on that deal but its kind of wack the deal is not available for American players.

Some recommendations for the future.

A) Dont let American players see the deal in the first place. I mean wth, I understand now that its not available but if you look at the page we see it sure as heck does look like its a promotion going on.

B) The disclaimer page... I didn't see on the bioshock page the code wouldn't work, not until I went back and looked at where the code was displayed and then clicked on compatible games did I see that the code for Bioshock Infinite wasn't available for North American players. The problem is now that most players will just think its a glitch and your website isn't working because they will try to use the code on it, and never go beyond that.

In the future Id suggest if a deal isn't made for NA players to make it not show up for us based on IP address. Its less frustrating for both sides.[/QUOTE]

Sadly a terrible mistake made. I've reported it as this does look incredibly misleading.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused mate.

-J

[quote name='mac995555']Hey if I preorder a game on GMG do I get the code before the game comes out? I prefer to preload my games.[/QUOTE]

In my limited experience, no.

[quote name='mac995555']Hey if I preorder a game on GMG do I get the code before the game comes out? I prefer to preload my games.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Neuro5i5']In my limited experience, no.[/QUOTE]

This. There was a little stir up some point last year with a game being available for preload and some people not getting their keys until day of release. I think it was BL2.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']This. There was a little stir up some point last year with a game being available for preload and some people not getting their keys until day of release. I think it was BL2.[/QUOTE]

No I got my bl2 key before it released from GMG so it must have been a different game.

[quote name='retrad']No I got my bl2 key before it released from GMG so it must have been a different game.[/QUOTE]

I got mine too, but they did distribute them in a strange way. Anyone placing a new order got a key immediately and then they went from newest orders to oldest orders in filling them.

I'm sure they try their best but since they aren't distributing the content - just the keys - it's always a bit of a gamble as to whether or not it'll beat the street date. If you MUST play a game the moment it unlocks then it's a factor to consider.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I think the issue was that some people were getting their BL2 keys early (including people who pre ordered the weekend before release) while some people who had pre ordered way earlier had not received their keys:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9966399&postcount=2764[/QUOTE]

True, but it's hard to argue with GMG's prices. I can wait an extra half a day for the game to download after it releases in exchange for the massive pre-order discounts GMG has.

[quote name='Necrotron']True, but it's hard to argue with GMG's prices. I can wait an extra half a day for the game to download after it releases in exchange for the massive pre-order discounts GMG has.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you 100% and I thought some of the complaints at the time were overblown, but I just linked for full disclosure so people could decide on their own.

[quote name='retrad']No I got my bl2 key before it released from GMG so it must have been a different game.[/QUOTE]

I got my BL2 key from GMG in time as well. Sleeping Dogs was the one there was issues with. They still sent the keys out on the actual release date though so we weren't kept waiting long.

Oh wow. I remember Raptor: Call of the Shadows from this old DOS shareware CD we used to have. (It was called "Multi-Media CD - Exploring the Boundaries of Sound & Vision" and you accessed the 99 game demos by typing "FUN.EXE" in the DOS prompt. It had other famous DOS games like One Must Fall and Spear of Destiny as well. OMG I just found a download of the whole thing)

Ahem. Anyway, in for Raptor as well as both Little Big Adventures. I also had the first LBA on CD-ROM (titled "Relentless" in the US) but never came close to beating it. Thanks for the nostalgia trip GMG.

Quick heads up folks, Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt DLC for Borderlands 2 is now available, and can use the 20% :)

Blog link.

If you've got the Season Pass then you already have it. Kudos.

bread's done
Back