Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

I really dislike the new Dante(Curse you Capcom, Y U ASK THEM TO CHANGE HIM) and the music ;especially the dubstep stuff; seems out of place for a DMC game compared to the other games and their fantastic completely original music.

But i'm still going to buy it. Because the game and story seem really great.

Irem Arcade Hits: Great collection but somewhat poor sound emulation in some games :(
And undercover cops is the borked version> But if you navigate to the ROMS directory of the install it lists various versions including what looks to be a Japanese version.

[quote name='saiyajinsc']is 45 probably the best I can get for dead space 3?[/QUOTE]
On release day for what EA considers to be a tent pole franchise? Yeah, most likely. Although I do think it's part of Best Buy's preorder and get a $20 RZ certificate program, that's only for consoles and this is a game that will look much, much better I'm assuming when on a PC. That's worth the rare $5 premium to me.

[quote name='nosferatu51']This: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/01/15/wot-i-think-dmc-devil-may-cry/#more-138252 has solidified my 25% off preorder of DMC. Was worried that the PC port may not be up to snuff. RPS seems to think it's spot on and reviews for the game on the consoles are stellar, sooooooo..... purchase.[/QUOTE]

Nice to hear that it's a good port. Pre-ordered mine yesterday for $37.50. Be good to finally play some brand new games next week!

Hey, LEGO: Lord of the Rings is on sale, not quite as good as previous Amazon price but still a great deal for the best LEGO game yet.

LEGO Lord of the Rings $8.16 (Steamworks) with voucher code
Capcom Weekend Deals

20% off most games with voucher code GMG20-PJFEW-Y16HK
Expires Friday, January 31, 11am EST

25% off most pre-orders voucher code GMG25-XTYYZ-POSL1
Expires Friday, January 31, 11am EST

If you pre-order DMC on GMG, do you get the pre-order outfit bonus, or is that only if you buy directly through Steam?

[quote name='2&2']If you pre-order DMC on GMG, do you get the pre-order outfit bonus, or is that only if you buy directly through Steam?[/QUOTE]

I pre-ordered Borderlands 2 from GMG. Got the key the day before release and registered it that same day on Steam. I have gotten all the season pass DLC you are supposed to get for pre-ordering on Steam. Don't know if it's that way for everyone or if it was just a fluke that I got it, but there's my experience.

[quote name='RagManX']I pre-ordered Borderlands 2 from GMG. Got the key the day before release and registered it that same day on Steam. I have gotten all the season pass DLC you are supposed to get for pre-ordering on Steam. Don't know if it's that way for everyone or if it was just a fluke that I got it, but there's my experience.[/QUOTE]

yea, same with hitman

[quote name='2&2']If you pre-order DMC on GMG, do you get the pre-order outfit bonus, or is that only if you buy directly through Steam?[/QUOTE]
I just checked and it says this on the DMC page.

Pre-Purchase Now and receive the Costume additional content Pack Free!

So I assume thats the same thing steam is offering as well. Hmm Tempted to pre-order it since that voucher just came out.

[quote name='Killbomb']Nice to hear that it's a good port. Pre-ordered mine yesterday for $37.50. Be good to finally play some brand new games next week![/QUOTE]

DmC runs on Unreal Engine 3, which even average PC's can crush @ 1080p. Even mid-tier gaming rigs should be able to run this locked at 60fps will minimal effort.

Bought Lego LotR. My first Lego game!

Bummed I missed out on it at Amazon, but being a Washington State resident, I would have had to pay taxes on the purchase anyway. Probably about a wash (without taxes on GMG).

Thanks for the thread subject line update.

If I pre-purchase DMC through Green Man Gaming (which will be the first time I've used them), is DMC a title where I will get a key to download the actual game through Steam? Or will I have to use Green Man Gaming's proprietary software to run it?

You'll get a Steam key. As it shows above the description.

Third party DRM: Steam

This game requires a free Steam account to play.

If a game requires Capsule, it is usually (always?) stated on the right side with the requirements. Such as:

Capsule Client : This title requires Capsule to play.

[quote name='Fox1966']If I pre-purchase DMC through Green Man Gaming (which will be the first time I've used them), is DMC a title where I will get a key to download the actual game through Steam? Or will I have to use Green Man Gaming's proprietary software to run it?[/QUOTE]
It's a Steam title so you'll get a key.

Note that there is a class of games that to not require Capsule to play but require Capsule to download. They are listed as

Capsule Client: requires Capsule to download

An example is Raptor:CS.

[quote name='asheskitty']Note that there is a class of games that to not require Capsule to play but require Capsule to download. They are listed as

Capsule Client: requires Capsule to download

An example is Raptor:CS.[/QUOTE]

Good to know the distinction. I thought so, but wasn't sure. Was thinking of picking up Raptor for nostaglia's sake.

Is Lost Planet 2 worth $8? Also, is it worth purchasing standard Dead Rising 2 if you have Off The Record? (Shouldn't have purchased it for $10 awhile back, but that was before the Steam sale).

[quote name='bshirk']Is Lost Planet 2 worth $8? Also, is it worth purchasing standard Dead Rising 2 if you have Off The Record? (Shouldn't have purchased it for $10 awhile back, but that was before the Steam sale).[/QUOTE]

No... it's almost the same game.

I've heard good and bad about it (Lost Planet 2), but it's the cheapest it's been anywhere. Hard to say much beyond that.

Seems to garner pretty mostly favorable reviews though. Seems to be a good co-op game as opposed to single player though. The first one's campaign was purely single player, whereas even the campaign in this one is built more to be a co-op game.

The customization looks awesome though.

[quote name='Stonekeep']No... it's almost the same game.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Wasn't sure if there were different missions.

[quote name='bshirk']Thanks. Wasn't sure if there were different missions.[/QUOTE]
I'm 90% there are different missions.

It's still a different game, it's just very similar to DR2 (same story/timeline from what I can tell, just from a different perspective). That's why it's not super worth it to spend money on both.

[quote name='bshirk']Thanks. Wasn't sure if there were different missions.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Idiotekque']I'm 90% there are different missions.

It's still a different game, it's just very similar to DR2 (same story/timeline from what I can tell, just from a different perspective). That's why it's not super worth it to spend money on both.[/QUOTE]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_Rising_2:_Off_the_Record#Differences_from_the_original

It's almost the same game. Imo it doesn't "deserve" 7$ if you already own the original (and it's gonna be cheaper in the future)

[quote name='Idiotekque']I've heard good and bad about it (Lost Planet 2), but it's the cheapest it's been anywhere. Hard to say much beyond that.

Seems to garner pretty mostly favorable reviews though. Seems to be a good co-op game as opposed to single player though. The first one's campaign was purely single player, whereas even the campaign in this one is built more to be a co-op game.

The customization looks awesome though.[/QUOTE]
Fair warning that Lost Planet 2 can be ball crushingly hard in co-op at times due to how credits are structured, limited ammo, and how the health system works. My friends and I couldn't get past the 3rd or 4th mission even after some hours of grinding for alternate equipment. That boss just kept killing us over and over; the best we got against them was 66% damage done before the last of us died. I think we were trying to play on the difficulty above normal, though. We didn't suck at the game as we managed to perfect quite a few of the previous missions, but that boss is just OP. Maybe we needed a 4th person to provide more damage, but that's the only thing I can see us having done wrong.

Oh, I also played on PS3, so I have no idea how big the PC community is, but PS3 matchmaking was pretty much dead by the time I played.

[quote name='Stonekeep']http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_Rising_2:_Off_the_Record#Differences_from_the_original

It's almost the same game. Imo it doesn't "deserve" 7$ if you already own the original (and it's gonna be cheaper in the future)[/QUOTE]
Good info. You must not know much about Capcom if you think it's gonna be cheaper though. You may wait over a year to save $2 off this price.

[quote name='randomdud']Fair warning that Lost Planet 2 can be ball crushingly hard in co-op at times due to how credits are structured, limited ammo, and how the health system works. My friends and I couldn't get past the 3rd or 4th mission even after some hours of grinding for alternate equipment. That boss just kept killing us over and over; the best we got against them was 66% damage done before the last of us died. I think we were trying to play on the difficulty above normal, though. We didn't suck at the game as we managed to perfect quite a few of the previous missions, but that boss is just OP. Maybe we needed a 4th person to provide more damage, but that's the only thing I can see us having done wrong.

Oh, I also played on PS3, so I have no idea how big the PC community is, but PS3 matchmaking was pretty much dead by the time I played.[/QUOTE]
Beat the original on hard mode, and I'm not afraid of a challenge (I actually prefer it being mind-numbingly hard than too easy). Thanks for the info though.

[quote name='Idiotekque']I'm 90% there are different missions.

It's still a different game, it's just very similar to DR2 (same story/timeline from what I can tell, just from a different perspective). That's why it's not super worth it to spend money on both.[/QUOTE]

Ah, sounds like I should skip it then. Lost Planet 2 may be a good buy, though.

I haven't played Dark Void Zero yet, but it has SecuROM.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Good info. You must not know much about Capcom if you think it's gonna be cheaper though. You may wait over a year to save $2 off this price.[/QUOTE]

Yeah maybe, but I'm not really anxious to play it anyway.

I think I'd say that if you have OTR, don't bother buying DR2 if you aren't' super interested. Going from DR2 to OTR is pretty worthwhile though for the added photography. I loved that in the first game; felt it was one of the game's best features.

I'm looking at SF4 AE... Is it worth? I think GMG is the only one who sells Steam version... I don't know if it will be cheaper later, but beign Capcom...

[quote name='eulogywerd21']@juanjava

Don't get it if you're running Win 8. I couldn't get it to work. There may be work arounds, but I'm unsure.[/QUOTE]

Windows 7 64

[quote name='eulogywerd21']It worked fine on my Win 7 ssd. Still hate the damn GFWL, though.[/QUOTE]

I remember that the first time I played Batman AA I didn't log into G4WL (can't remember doing it)... the problem was I lost all my saved games...

[quote name='pizzaflavoredpudding']Capcom games at a greater discount than 75%?

Is this real life?[/QUOTE]

I think Amazon discounted SF4 at 75% ONE time...

So, should I buy SF4:AE? I think is not to late to join the multiplayer, there still should be people playing it

[quote name='eulogywerd21']@juanjava

Don't get it if you're running Win 8. I couldn't get it to work. There may be work arounds, but I'm unsure.[/QUOTE]

I havent tried really playing it but I actually had less problems getting it installed and updated in 8. GFWL seems to like Windows 8 much more than 7.

[quote name='eulogywerd21']I recently lost 42 hours of Dark Souls: Prepare to Die for whatever nonsense reason. Corrupted file or some bullshit. Thanks GFWL![/QUOTE]

See this post on how to setup an automatic save recovery mechanism. I can confirm it works fine on GFWL game saves too.

Ghetto-quote, (the original has links).
I like to copy all my game saves into my Dropbox folder, and then symlink them to their original location. This gives me two advantages, (1) my game saves are backed up in the cloud and (2) I can roll back my games saves to any change in the last 30 days. This means if the game corrupts my save, I can roll back to an earlier version. This isn't difficult to setup. Looking around Dropboxifier seems to wizard-ize the symlink setup (though using LSE as simply as making an application shortcut.)

1. Install Dropbox. Make an account.
2. Install LSE
3. Locate the folder with your save file. (Googling is usually quickest, "GameX save file location")
4. Move that folder to your Dropbox folder (C:\Users\YourUserName\Dropbox\)
5. Drag the game save folder (which is now in the Dropbox folder) back to it's original location using the right mouse button. On right button release select "Drop here"->"Symbolic Link" from the context menu.

Later when you want to roll back to a previous version, right click on the save file and select "Dropbox"->"View previous versions". That will open a webpage on the dropbox site that allows you to select which version you want to roll back to (e.g. 1 min ago, 3 min ago, 14 min ago, 22 hours ago, etc). Select the version you want and hit the restore button on the web page. Wait 5 seconds for your local file to update, then open you save in the game.

bread's done
Back