Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

[quote name='diishen']still waiting for my bioshock code, has anyone got their xcom codes yet?[/QUOTE]

I got my Infinite and XCOM codes last night. Infinite is already pre-loaded and ready to go. :D Gave the XCOM key to a buddy since I already own it.

Got my Infinite and Xcom keys via email not too long ago. Pre-loaded and ready to go. Haven't decided what to do with Xcom yet as I already have it. Playing Industrial Revolution right now. Have not received my Darkness 2 key yet though (unless it's already in my keys tab on the website itself and I just can't access it).

I tried purchasing Viking yesterday and while the payment went through with Paypal, it froze on their site. I ended up being refunded the amount shortly thereafter. The problem was that any time I tried to purchase the game again it said I already owned it, but wouldn't let me download it or view the key. I contacted customer support and they told me to try later. Sure enough, today I log on and I can now view the key and I wasn't charged for it again. So I ended up with a free game in the end. Nice!

[quote name='SlightlyOffTrack']I tried purchasing Viking yesterday and while the payment went through with Paypal, it froze on their site. I ended up being refunded the amount shortly thereafter. The problem was that any time I tried to purchase the game again it said I already owned it, but wouldn't let me download it or view the key. I contacted customer support and they told me to try later. Sure enough, today I log on and I can now view the key and I wasn't charged for it again. So I ended up with a free game in the end. Nice![/QUOTE]

That's happened to me before with Dead Island GOTY. Their payment system is so bad that it backfires on them.

[quote name='fishphoenix']Got my Infinite and Xcom keys via email not too long ago. Pre-loaded and ready to go. Haven't decided what to do with Xcom yet as I already have it. Playing Industrial Revolution right now. Have not received my Darkness 2 key yet though (unless it's already in my keys tab on the website itself and I just can't access it).[/QUOTE]
The bonus keys I got for spec ops and bioshock were in the orignal purchase e-mail. Don't know if you've checked their for them or not.

[quote name='asheskitty']I'm a little surprised that no one has mentioned the GMG has:
Nights Into Dreams for $2.72 (after GMG20-FDSCL-AQQXD) (steam key, I'd seen a few min of gameplay, it looks like it got similar graphical treatment as Jet Set Radio did).[/QUOTE]

I don't know why I didn't notice that sooner.. pretty nice deal.

[quote name='hollowfreak']I still have it for Sega Saturn ... do I really want it again to play it in 3D?[/QUOTE]

It runs in 1920x1200. And what's this nonsense about *playing* games? :razz:

[quote name='asheskitty']It runs in 1920x1200. And what's this nonsense about *playing* games? :razz:[/QUOTE]
@Ashes
LOL. Are you adding more to your backlog, Ash? :p

[quote name='MysterD']@Ashes
LOL. Are you adding more to your backlog, Ash? :p[/QUOTE]

Preview

I'm not really sure how many CAGs will get this reference though.

Silly question, but any idea if we'll be able to use that 20% off code to buy the Bioshock Infinite Season Pass after it comes out tomorrow?

Got myself Jet Set Radio and Nights myself....sure i can get my fun out of those games, i'm an old school gamer anyway so hopefully will be alright.

Anyone know when we're supposed to get our free game key from the Bioshock bundles? I got the Bioshock 1 key + $15 credit when I purchased, and the Bioshock Infinite and Xcom keys arrived in my email on Saturday. I however have yet to receive a key for the 3rd game I chose (Darkness 2).

[quote name='fishphoenix']Anyone know when we're supposed to get our free game key from the Bioshock bundles? I got the Bioshock 1 key + $15 credit when I purchased, and the Bioshock Infinite and Xcom keys arrived in my email on Saturday. I however have yet to receive a key for the 3rd game I chose (Darkness 2).[/QUOTE]

Your 3rd game should be in the KEYS section of your Account info.

[quote name='esq373']Your 3rd game should be in the KEYS section of your Account info.[/QUOTE]

It's not there, it's listed under my games but it's not under keys and I can't find a key for it anywhere in my account.

[quote name='fishphoenix']It's not there, it's listed under my games but it's not under keys and I can't find a key for it anywhere in my account.[/QUOTE]

My mistake, it should be included in your original order confirmation titled " Your order confirmation and activation instructions". Only the two Bioshock games are in my key section. I received the Civilization key in my order confirmation email.

Anybody else pre-order the Bioshock Infinite Season Pass not get the key in your e-mail?
I am wondering if that was treated differently where we don't actually get the key for that until tomorrow (3/26).

[quote name='esq373']My mistake, it should be included in your original order confirmation titled " Your order confirmation and activation instructions". Only the two Bioshock games are in my key section. I received the Civilization key in my order confirmation email.[/QUOTE]

Not there either. It's listed there and says to activate it on steam and what not but there isn't any key. Guess I should contact customer service.

*Edit* Just looked at the support page. They are aware of some people not receiving their Darkness 2 keys and are investigating the issue.

[quote name='mnuttster']Silly question, but any idea if we'll be able to use that 20% off code to buy the Bioshock Infinite Season Pass after it comes out tomorrow?[/QUOTE]

According to a thread on the GMG forums, it's supposed to work, then later they backtrack and say it doesn't work because of being in North America. *shrug*

I think at the moment it's a case of the left hand not knowing what the right is doing.

[quote name='mnuttster']Silly question, but any idea if we'll be able to use that 20% off code to buy the Bioshock Infinite Season Pass after it comes out tomorrow?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='voice4hire']According to a thread on the GMG forums, it's supposed to work, then later they backtrack and say it doesn't work because of being in North America. *shrug*

I think at the moment it's a case of the left hand not knowing what the right is doing.[/QUOTE]

They have an ad up right now for 19$ + 20% off.

Edit ya not working. You could prolly use a vpn tho.

[quote name='diishen']has anyone tried to redeem xcom on steam yet? my code doesn't seem to work[/QUOTE]

My buddy redeemed my XCOM code successfully the other night.

Anyway, really wish I didn't have to work overnight tonight so I could play Infinite all night instead. :D Hoping it unlocks right at 11 Central so I can play for 40 minutes or so before going in.

[quote name='OregonDealz']They have an ad up right now for 19$ + 20% off.

Edit ya not working. You could prolly use a vpn tho.[/QUOTE]

Yea...I'd want it in the $10-$12 range before I'd jump on it, I've been burned by too many Season Passes lately that ended up being nowhere worth it.

Well, there's a Codemasters sale right now: (info taken from reddit)

SALE:

20%OFF coupon GMG20-FDSCL-AQQXD
List: (Prices are before using coupon)
*Clive Barkers Jericho $2.5
*Damnation $3.39
*DiRT 2 $3.74
*DiRT 3 $8.49
*DiRT Showdown $10.2
*F1 2010 $6.24
*F1 2011 $10.2
*F1 2012 $20
*F1 Race Stars $10
*FUEL $3.4
*GRID $5.09
*Hospital Tycoon $2.5
*Maelstrom: The Battle for Earth Begins $2.5
*Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising $7.5
*Operation Flashpoint: Red River $7.5
*Overlord $2.5
*Overlord: Raising Hell $3.39
*Overlord II $3.39
*Overlord Complete Pack $10
*Rise of the Argonauts $5

GMG is having a good sale on some Codemasters games, from the few I tried, GMG25-S0FSG-R7Z9B doesn't seem to apply an extra 20% though.

Edit: GMG20-FDSCL-AQQXD seems to work for an extra 20% off. Thanks Fox. I was using the wrong code. Remember, the code only applies to one item per checkout, so do multiple transactions if you're buying multiple things. (And hope your bank doesn't fraud-flag you after a few transactions.)

Full list of Codemasters sale.

Dirt 2 @ $3.74 (75% off, Steam) If you have any interest in racers (arcade or sim) you'll likely love this. This the lowest it's been.

GRID @ $5.09 (66% off, Steam) I also highly recommend this title as well. Both Dirt 2 and GRID have wonderful physics and a 7 (or 9) difficulty levels making it easy to find the right amount of challenge for you. This is the cheapest price ever, though since GRID 2 is coming out in a few months, we might see a 75% off this year. I highly recommend it, even at a whole $5.09. ^_~

Dirt 3 @ $8.49 (66% off, steam) is another good racer. It was recently this price on GG.

Dirt: Showdown @ $10.19 (66% off, steam) is the lowest price yet on Showdown. They veered away from the deeper racing roots with this one and enraged fans of the Dirt series. I don't own it yet, so I can't comment further.

The F1 series is sim racing, try the F1 2012 demo on steam to see if you have any interest. They were recently on sale at these prices or better on GG. In short, F1 2011 is refinement on F1 2010, and F1 2012 is more an an annual sports franchise update. I only own F1 2012.

F1 Race Stars is a cart racer that reportedly lacks the certain magic needed for cart racers. Imo, so reason to consider this since Sonic All-Stars Transformed is a much better title and has been availble for about this price.

I also love Overlord/Raising Hell (and Overlord II seems to be more of the same), but the complete pack was $5 on the Steam Winter Sale.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='asheskitty']GMG is having a good sale on some Codemasters games, from the few I tried, GMG25-S0FSG-R7Z9B doesn't seem to apply an extra 20% though.

[/QUOTE]

The code you tried is only for 25% off select pre-orders.

The 20% off code should still work on those.

[quote name='asheskitty']GMG is having a good sale on some Codemasters games, from the few I tried, GMG25-S0FSG-R7Z9B doesn't seem to apply an extra 20% though.

Edit: GMG20-FDSCL-AQQXD seems to work for an extra 20% off. Thanks Fox. I was using the wrong code. Remember, the code only applies to one item per checkout, so do multiple transactions if you're buying multiple things. (And hope your bank doesn't fraud-flag you after a few transactions.)

Full list of Codemasters sale.

Dirt 2 @ $3.74 (75% off, Steam) If you have any interest in racers (arcade or sim) you'll likely love this. This the lowest it's been.

GRID @ $5.09 (66% off, Steam) I also highly recommend this title as well. Both Dirt 2 and GRID have wonderful physics and a 7 (or 9) difficulty levels making it easy to find the right amount of challenge for you. This is the cheapest price ever, though since GRID 2 is coming out in a few months, we might see a 75% off this year. I highly recommend it, even at a whole $5.09. ^_~

Dirt 3 @ $8.49 (66% off, steam) is another good racer. It was recently this price on GG.

Dirt: Showdown @ $10.19 (66% off, steam) is the lowest price yet on Showdown. They veered away from the deeper racing roots with this one and enraged fans of the Dirt series. I don't own it yet, so I can't comment further.

The F1 series is sim racing, try the F1 2012 demo on steam to see if you have any interest. They were recently on sale at these prices or better on GG. In short, F1 2011 is refinement on F1 2010, and F1 2012 is more an an annual sports franchise update. I only own F1 2012.

F1 Race Stars is a cart racer that reportedly lacks the certain magic needed for cart racers. Imo, so reason to consider this since Sonic All-Stars Transformed is a much better title and has been availble for about this price.

I also love Overlord/Raising Hell (and Overlord II seems to be more of the same), but the complete pack was $5 on the Steam Winter Sale.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up about Dirt 2 being 75% off. I've heard it's the best in the series, so I've been wanting to try it out.

Does anyone know if the multiplayer in Fuel still works? I've got a friend and we'd like to play it online if the servers are still up.

@spoder Absolutely pick up Dirt 2. I'd strongly recommend picking up GRID as well.

@Amneisac MysterD has Fuel. I'm planning on picking it up on his recommend. I previously avoided it due to poor reviews. Similarly I'm planning on picking up Showdown, now that I can get it for $8. When it comes to racers I'm slightly more racing junkie than cheapass.

Edit: Picked up Fuel. After re-checking reviews for Showdown, wow, I'm not biting at $8.

[quote name='asheskitty']@Amneisac MysterD has Fuel. I'm planning on picking it up on his recommend. I previously avoided it due to poor reviews.[/QUOTE]
I played quite a bit of it a few years back when one of my friends had a copy. I enjoyed it, and I'd definitely recommend it if you can get over the DRM (activation limit GFWL & no limit Securom, supposedly) and the poor (;)) discount. Personally, I'm not sure that I can - limited activations and not dirt cheap is a bad combination for me.

[quote name='asheskitty']@spoder Absolutely pick up Dirt 2. I'd strongly recommend picking up GRID as well.

@Amneisac MysterD has Fuel. I'm planning on picking it up on his recommend. I previously avoided it due to poor reviews. Similarly I'm planning on picking up Showdown, now that I can get it for $8. When it comes to racers I'm slightly more racing junkie than cheapass.

Edit: Picked up Fuel. After re-checking reviews for Showdown, wow, I'm not biting at $8.[/QUOTE]

I have FUEL, but I've actually never downloaded or installed it. :whistle2:X

Despite buying that Codemasters Racing Pack (DIRT, DIRT 2, FUEL, GRID, TOCA Race Driver 3) back when it was DIRT-cheap (pun intended) on Steam (I think it was like $10-20), I basically so far only have played DIRT 2 from the bundle.
Yeah - DIRT 2 is freaking awesome.

I know, I know - I really should try GRID, one of these days...

EDIT:
[quote name='asheskitty']

Dirt 3 @ $8.49 (66% off, steam) is another good racer. It was recently this price on GG.[/quote]
I really loved DIRT 2.

So, is DIRT 3 much different than DIRT 2?
Any better or worse in any regards?

I also love Overlord/Raising Hell (and Overlord II seems to be more of the same), but the complete pack was $5 on the Steam Winter Sale.
I have Overlord 1 & 2 in retail boxes.
I did play some of Overlord 1, but never finished it - liked Overlord 1 a lot (from what I played oif it); probably bought something else around that time; moved onto other game(s); & never got back to Overlord 1.
I never touched Overlord 2.

[quote name='spoderman']And if you hate Gymkhana, get Dirt 2 ;)[/QUOTE]

Well yeah, I actually liked Gymkhana so... it was a plus for me in the game. I just HATE landrush, baja, raid and all that stuff, maybe that's what I like most of D3, has trailblazer, head to head, and more rallying than D2.

[quote name='Estbarul']Well yeah, I actually liked Gymkhana so... it was a plus for me in the game. I just HATE landrush, baja, raid and all that stuff, maybe that's what I like most of D3, has trailblazer, head to head, and more rallying than D2.[/QUOTE]

While I can't remember what gymkhana races were like, I feel the same way about landrush, etc.

Does anyone know how long the Codemasters sale will last? It doesn't matter if you list the time in GMT, I can do the conversion.

bread's done
Back