Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

Not a bad REORC price at all. I'd probably grab it if I wasn't so broke.

The game isn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be. It's a serviceable third-person cover shooter in the Resident Evil universe with a nice mix of characters, character upgrades, and great zombie shooting physics. It's nothing special, it's not doing anything that similar games of the genre aren't doing, and it has its flaws, but it's still a solid game (for that price).
Dammit Licky Eye Girl!! Stop tempting me to spend my steam summer sale money on this and your CAG foil!

One of the best RTS games out there
I've had COH for quite a while....

I have COH + Op Fronts from Retail; and got COH Complete from HIB onto Steam (b/c I was missing TOV and wanted that) [Old & New Steam versions].

So...w/ COH2 out now, I really should get around to COH Complete some day, eh? ;)

New deals:

"Great bonus offer": 10% off coupon. GMG10-VTTCS-VYH18

Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City: $29.99 $7.49 (-75%)

Worms Blast: $7.99 $1.59 (-80%)

Natural Selection 2: $24.99 $8.49 (-66%)

Company of Heroes Complete Pack: $29.99 $10.19 (-66%)

F1 2012: $39.99 $9.99 (-75%)

Jagged Alliance Complete Pack: $39.99 $9.99 (-75%)
If only RE6 and RE: Revelations were that cheap... ;)

Don't forget RE5. :!:
Already own both RE4 and 5 - but, sure, why not? ;)

Let's have them thrown in for good measure, too.

Matter of fact - I don't own any of the RE's before RE4, so let's hope they get all those onto PC and Steam, too. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a bad REORC price at all. I'd probably grab it if I wasn't so broke.

The game isn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be. It's a serviceable third-person cover shooter in the Resident Evil universe with a nice mix of characters, character upgrades, and great zombie shooting physics. It's nothing special, it's not doing anything that similar games of the genre aren't doing, and it has its flaws, but it's still a solid game (for that price).
Being a fan of the RE series, I decided to put my bias aside and bought it. I'm sure I've played worse games that cost more than this.

If only RE6 and RE: Revelations were that cheap... ;)
I'd definitely pick up Revelations, but 33% just didn't cut it, I can wait. I did sadly pick up RE:6 as I really want to play it (damn impulsiveness) and it seemed like a relatively fair Capcom price for a "newly released" game.

Being a fan of the RE series, I decided to put my bias aside and bought it. I'm sure I've played worse games that cost more than this.

I'd definitely pick up Revelations, but 33% just didn't cut it, I can wait. I did sadly pick up RE:6 as I really want to play it (damn impulsiveness) and it seemed like a relatively fair Capcom price for a "newly released" game.
So, dare I even ask - how is RE6? ;)

I'll let you know. I'll be starting it up in a little bit. Wanted to finish up my Tiny Tina playthrough first. (Stupid work taking up my more important free time.)
Damn, man - another game in the CAG Backlog, eh?

I got tons of games in my CAG Backlog. ;)

Damn, man - another game in the CAG Backlog, eh?

I got tons of games in my CAG Backlog. ;)

I do have a minor (by CAG standards) backlog that somehow seems to keep getting larger vs smaller. I actually wanted to play through the Tiny Tina DLC as soon as it came out, but I hadn't finished my ME3 playthrough because of work which was already backed up because of my slow ME2 playthrough (again, because of work). I'm sensing a theme... I'm installing RE:6 now, guess I'll start a new BL2 character while I wait and hope I have the willpower to stop once the download completes.

I do have a minor (by CAG standards) backlog that somehow seems to keep getting larger vs smaller. I actually wanted to play through the Tiny Tina DLC as soon as it came out, but I hadn't finished my ME3 playthrough because of work which was already backed up because of my slow ME2 playthrough (again, because of work). I'm sensing a theme... I'm installing RE:6 now, guess I'll start a new BL2 character while I wait and hope I have the willpower to stop once the download completes.
Hehe, my backlog gets more ridiculous which each day and/or purchase. ;)

I loved ME3, despite its ending (before Extended Cut - ain't played it since Extended Cut).

I absolutely loved ME2.

BTW, how's Tiny Tina DLC? Looks like a blast.

I still need to get ALL of the other BL2 DLC.

Hehe, my backlog gets more ridiculous which each day and/or purchase. ;)

I loved ME3, despite its ending (before Extended Cut - ain't played it since Extended Cut).

I absolutely loved ME2.

Yeah, and the sad thing is I tend to pump ridiculous hours into a select few games that I love (ME, Skyrim, BL, DI). I literally have years of possible playtime in my catalog as it stands.

I never minded the pre-Extended Cut ending. I guess growing up with Choose Your Own Adventure books molded me into accepting others ideas of the ways a story could possibly end. Though with the EC and Leviathan, it does satisfy some of my wishes to gain slightly more insight into the (back)story and history of the ME universe.

I'd have to say that while I'm sure my own preferences make me biased, Tiny Tina was my favorite DLC of the four. I was over leveled unfortunately, so it was a bit easy to play through which is why I want to start a new character. (I'm a solo player.) I just really like the setting, enemies varieties were a nice change of pace and the dialogue to me was hilarious. I played on normal difficulty, so now I'll start over on TVHM. I can't decide if I want to start with Gaige or Kreig. I'll play them all eventually (multiple times), but both of them seem the most interesting to me right now.

Ah, good ol' CAG backlog. Before I found this site I had like 15 Steam games, most of which I have played. My current statistics tell me:

267 Games

87 Games I have played at all

45 Games I have played an hour or more

Ah, good ol' CAG backlog. Before I found this site I had like 15 Steam games, most of which I have played. My current statistics tell me:

267 Games

87 Games I have played at all

45 Games I have played an hour or more
You're getting there grasshopper, I started 2 years ago. Soon you'll be a digital hoarder.

I'm at 997 games on Steam (3 more yo)..with 667 not played

I don't even wanna look at my backlog.

Nevermind just my Steam backlog - if I include all the games from Retail; Gamersgate, GOG and other digital download services, too - I'd probably be crying!

I ain't got enough time in my lifetime for all of these games! ;)

You're getting there grasshopper, I started 2 years ago. Soon you'll be a digital hoarder.

I'm at 997 games on Steam (3 more yo)..with 667 not played
My husband is already getting upset because he knows the summer sales are coming, if I reached a thousand games... well, I would take out a life insurance policy first. :twoguns:

I do try and keep my library to only games I think I will play. If I know I won't play a game for sure I tend to keep it either to give to friends/family or to try and sell the keys. My husband got Cities in Motion from one of the bundles I bought, my brother-in-law got a bunch of historical RTS games. Then again, there have been games I got for myself just for trading cards, or because there was the slightest chance I would play it, though I probably never will

Finally, a good price on Virtua Tennis 4. Any other deal on it recently that seemed attractive (at least in theory) was in a bundle with games that I already owned.

Bought.

New deals:

"Great bonus offer": 20% off coupon. GMG20-KCQVQ-4KU6H

-80%:
Virtua Tennis 4: $14.99 $2.99

-75%:

DiRT 2: $14.99 $3.74
DiRT 3: $24.99 $6.24

DiRT Showdown: $29.99 $7.49

F1 2010: $24.99 $6.24

F1 2011: $29.99 $7.49

F1 Race Stars: $39.99 $9.99
FUEL: $9.99 $2.49

-66%:
Dawn of War Complete Pack: $139.99 $47.59 (Wasn't this $9.99 on Steam during the Christmas sale?)

-60%:
Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity: $19.99 $7.99

-33%:
GRID 2: $49.99 $33.49

-??%
Bioshock Pack (BSI+NBA2K13+XCOM:EU+BL2): $59.99

Is Fuel any good? Got $2 credit from my last purchase, could use racing game that isnt scifi or crazy.

Pretty much just want to know if online still works and if I can play in windowed mode

It's the best DLC for BL2, in my opinion. The story and premise is great and it closes out the main game quite nicely. It's probably the longest yet, and there are new enemies, unique weapons, all new art assets, and awesome cameos from past characters. Some of the missions will make you laugh out loud.

Tiny Tina DLC was done in-house by Gearbox and it shows.

It's the best DLC for BL2, in my opinion. The story and premise is great and it closes out the main game quite nicely. It's probably the longest yet, and there are new enemies, unique weapons, all new art assets, and awesome cameos from past characters. Some of the missions will make you laugh out loud.

Tiny Tina DLC was done in-house by Gearbox and it shows.
Does that mean the other 3 DLC were not developed in-house by Gearbox?

Great price on Dirt 3!

Is Fuel any good? Got $2 credit from my last purchase, could use racing game that isnt scifi or crazy.

Pretty much just want to know if online still works and if I can play in windowed mode
Copied from my old post:

Okay, so I got sick of not being able to answer inquiries about FUEL... so I spent several hours with it yesterday... I'm only a few hours in so this is a little provisional, but I doubt more time would change what I have to say.

Fuel is not a bad racing game. It has a fairly standard arcade physics model. Racing includes dirt bikes, quads, cars (and possibly more). There are two bits that are fairly unique to Fuel. (1) Most races are checkpoint races, but there is no set path you have to stay on, you can take any path you choose. Which leads to (2) there seems to be three basic types of surfaces you can drive on: asphalt, trail, & wilderness. Different vehicles are better (faster is seems) on different surfaces, driving through wilderness is definitely speed-penalized. This means that it's up to you to choose how much to shortcut though wilderness and how much to stay on road/trail. I like this mechanic.

Open World: Yes it seems to be huge open world (without a much variation in the areas I've been to). However getting across the open world is slow and uninteresting. Fortunately you don't have to, races & challenges are all menu accessible (enter and leave a race to shortcut across the map). There seem to be discoverable stuff like liveries in the open world bit. I however believe atm that the open world bit is best skipped, if there were vehicles/performance parts I could put up with it. I now understand why some optional parts of the Refueled mod seem to be cheat-like discoverable unlocks... I'd be tempted... I hate cheating, but if the alternative is sh*t it's on the table.

Technically: Well it's based on some engine I've never seen before. Technically the graphics are okay, not deplorable, not likeable. 4x MSAA doesn't help with aliasing as much as it should (but it does affect performance), I turned off in-game AA and used SweetFX to add in SMAA to my satisfaction. I'm running at 1920x1200 on a Phenom II X3 720 BE OC'd at 3.2 GHz and an OC'd GTX 660 (overkill for any 2009 game). While my framerate is acceptable, it sometime dips to the low 50s without being at 100% CPU or GPU load (I never seem to hit 100% CPU or GPU load in Fuel).

Other tips: You can try any Career race at three difficulty levels: LOL, Seriously?!?, and Putting up a Fight, each level rewards more fuel (currency). "Challenges" are races in different formats that don't have a difficulty selection but aren't any more challenging... but they reward a nice amount of fuel.. don't pass them up.

TL;DR Decent arcade racer. Avoid the open world abyss.

Edit: I'd also add that I'm tempted to try some SweetFX filters to spice up the visuals... I'm not generally a fan of such filters.. but it might give Fuel some needed visual pop.

Edit2: SecuROM + GFWL fyi.

I can blame Ashes for finally making me download and install FUEL from Steam, after having it all these years.

Though, God knows when the hell I might actually boot the damn thang up...hehe.

I can blame Ashes for finally making me download and install FUEL from Steam, after having it all these years.

Though, God knows when the hell I might actually boot the damn thang up...hehe.
I still envy you for picking it up in the Fuel+Dirt-1+2 pack on steam back when...

#NeverForget

Alright so I'm definitely picking Grid 1, but help me decide on whether to get Dirt 2 or 3, or neither. Both use GFWL apparently, but I'm wondering if either of them are good enough to warrant a purchase regardless. Is Dirt 3 worth the few extra bones, or should I just get Dirt 2?

Alright so I'm definitely picking Grid 1, but help me decide on whether to get Dirt 2 or 3, or neither. Both use GFWL apparently, but I'm wondering if either of them are good enough to warrant a purchase regardless. Is Dirt 3 worth the few extra bones, or should I just get Dirt 2?
You're probably better off with Dirt 2. Both are great. More people like Dirt 2 (more rally, no gymkahana).

GRID + Dirt 2 are a fantastic pair... kept me off the streets and outta jail. ;)

Didn't that also include GRID?
*fuzzy* likely

There was an older pack that also included TOCA 3 (since de-licensed).

I'm nowhere near the authority on drivers that asheskitty is, but I bought GRiD and DiRT2 a few years ago and found them to be wonderfully complimentary. They truly are a good pair and that's a solid deal for them. 

You're probably better off with Dirt 2. Both are great. More people like Dirt 2 (more rally, no gymkahana).

GRID + Dirt 2 are a fantastic pair... kept me off the streets and outta jail. ;)

*fuzzy* likely

There was an older pack that also included TOCA 3 (since de-licensed).
So, since I bought DIRT 3 & Virtua Tennis 4 for like around almost $4 after using the last of my GMG credit $ and left-over unused PP $...

...am I gonna be happy w/ DIRT 3, whenever I get to it...? ;)

So, since I bought DIRT 3 & Virtua Tennis 4 for like around almost $4 after using the last of my GMG credit $ and left-over unused PP $...

...am I gonna be happy w/ DIRT 3, whenever I get to it...? ;)
Yes, it's still a great game and obviously the sequel to Dirt 2. Some people smack into the Gymkahana stuff and get turned off. I had a bit of that reaction at first, but I then learned to like gymkahana stuff for what it was. I've never had creative expression (beyond car customization & TDU2-Sims-stuff) in a racer before.

bread's done
Back