Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

Trackmania United (Forever) plays really well with a keyboard.
well more accurately it doesn't play any better with a controller since in the control inputs are *binary* (a total exception among racing games, even driving in GTA IV/SR2/SR3 etc is analog)

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually playing They Bleed Pixels, and damn it's good. Super tight, awesome platforming with a combo combat system. And of course lots and lots of pixel blood.

Ended up forking over $2 of Steam money to make a badge since prices were tanking anyways. Ended up with a background worth $0.35, an emote worth $1.75, and a mystery card that's still worth about a buck, so not bad. I like the emotes and backgrounds for this game.

Actually playing They Bleed Pixels, and damn it's good. Super tight, awesome platforming with a combo combat system. And of course lots and lots of pixel blood.

Ended up forking over $2 of Steam money to make a badge since prices were tanking anyways. Ended up with a background worth $0.35, an emote worth $1.75, and a mystery card that's still worth about a buck, so not bad. I like the emotes and backgrounds for this game.
It's not quite as tight as I'd like ... particularly the wall jumping. Also, the dying noise is so annoying. SO ANNOYING. The lack of atmospheric noise for the most part makes it even more annoying. That said, I'm really enjoying it and will definitely get through it.

It's not quite as tight as I'd like ... particularly the wall jumping. Also, the dying noise is so annoying. SO ANNOYING. The lack of atmospheric noise for the most part makes it even more annoying. That said, I'm really enjoying it and will definitely get through it.
Hm, I like the wall system so far. I've played just about every Megaman X game and was always annoyed with those wall jump/slide systems, while I feel great with TBP's system. You do know that you can press down to slide down faster, right?

Loving the soundtrack, though. No complaints in the sound department from me.

Debating Tropico 4. I've never managed to get into a sim game, and have a hell of a time multitasking (brain dysfunction status). Does that pretty much disqualify me from enjoying it?

Well if your history says you haven't like'd a sim game before, your better off investing elsewhere.

Debating Tropico 4. I've never managed to get into a sim game, and have a hell of a time multitasking (brain dysfunction status). Does that pretty much disqualify me from enjoying it?

Have you considered maybe trying to trade for a tropic trilogy cd key from the steam trades forum? I see them for about a dollar or too. Might be a safe play to see if you even like the series. The worse thing is you waste'd 1-2 dollars and save 7.

**Edit. I know its the middle of the night but you never know whos up >-> ***

That is far too logical a response to satisfy me. :boxing:

Anyone ever played Demigod? Good o NO?
Yep - I liked it, back not too long after it came out, years back.

Problem was - that game was lacking content.

1st off - Not many maps (for a MP-based game), first off.

2nd off - no real SP Campaign.

If you did SP, you were basically doing exhibition/skirmish matches against CPU.

That batch reminds me I need to play overlord some day. I even have it installed!... But... Xcom

If you have access to Pikmin 1 & 2 you should kill Overlord. I don't know how -- just do it.

better have dat alibi doe

But what if it ends up in a bundle! dang it indiebundles and making me fear buying indie games

Donald, I'm not trying to single you out, and any aggro verbiage is only for my own amusement.

People repeat shit like this constantly.

STOP

Indie bundles are unappreciated blessings for CAGs and, thanks to the advent of cards, they've even turned profits for us so our chicks don't have to strip for tips. And my moms don't have to be on the pole no more -- her career had gone downhill when she went over the hill. As her son I was relieved but, as her manager, it was also a gut-shot.

#CardCurrencyCuresCancer

If too many broke mothafuckers continue chatting about waiting it out for a potential bundle featuring a new game or one that hasn't even been released yet -- and paying $1 and/or stockpiling keys to sell -- this culture will become more visible and that means countermeasures could follow if devs analyze the situation and deem it a problem.

Look, we're merely an obscure band of weirdo-hustlers that obsesses over copper discs (they're free in 7-eleven parking spaces if you don't mind the oil) adorned with a black-liberating black-faced black-accepted whiteboy, so it may not be a big deal right now but why jeopardize our sole purpose in this world? We were born to be bundle beneficiaries.

Somebody, please think of my children.

I enjoyed Mafia II a lot more than I thought I would based on reviews.  It's not without its faults (a lot of padded driving) and has a semi-open world presentation which is misleading but the story was good (if stock Mafia stuff), game play was fairly solid and it's one pretty looking game as a period piece.  Biggest criticisms are the checkpoint save system and it gets to a slow start with you driving 1940's era vehicles on snowy streets.  Once the story gets rolling and you're in the sunny 1950's driving muscle cars, it's a lot more entertaining.

There's a LOT of cut scenes (someone timed them at just under 4 hours) but a speed run is also around four hours so if you double that for normal game play you're looking at 8-10 hours of game play and another 4 hours of story telling.  Thankfully, the cinematic bits are well done and enjoyable to watch.

I wish the DLC was on sale separately since I'd have bought at least Joe's Story.  I already own Betrayal of Jimmy thanks to Jake Nome and it's more of an open world experience for blowing off steam with criminal mischief. I suspect Jimmy's Vendetta is more of the same and understand that Joe's is more plot driven.

Edit: For Asheskitty, it has a "simulation" driving mode but I never played with it.  Played the game M+KB despite knowing better which is great for aiming my Tommy gun but makes me drive on wet cobblestone roads like a drunk toddler.

Edit II: "Simulation mode" is apparently the same controls as regular driving mode but the vehicles handle more accurately and appropriately.  The regular mode is more of an "arcade" mode where you don't necessarily spin out every time you take a corner at 50mph in the rain.

Has anyone else noticed the way GMG organizes the games in your account?  I knew they used to have separate pages for "games" and "keys", but I could have sworn even a few days ago all my games+keys were grouped all together on a single page.  Now I see they are separated by client, which is pretty cool.  Or maybe my A.D.D. has just been in overdrive?

Alrighty guys, got a couple more pictures for you.

First of all, however, remember that these are not confirmed nor guaranteed. We have had some pics changed in the past, some seemed like trolls on GMG's part, etc. These are for the next two sales, starting in 45 minutes and 6 hours and 45 minutes respectively:

Sale 17 of 24: (Already active, just search for the games)

http://wizzywizzyweb.gmgcdn.com/media/backgrounds/666-Promo_Super-Takeover17-0236hd73.jpg

Spec Ops: The Line -75%
Eve Online Asteroid Miner Starter Pack -80%
Sleeping Dogs Pack -75%
Fear Pack -75%
Lost Planet 2 -75%
Stronghold 3 Gold -75%

$1 Cash Back or $2 GMG Credit Bonus Deal

Sale 18 of 24:

http://wizzywizzyweb.gmgcdn.com/media/backgrounds/666-Promo_Super-Takeover18-864186.jpg

Leviathan Warships -75%
Impire + DLC -75%
Mars -33%
March of the Eagles -75%
Painkiller Complete Pack -80%
Bad Bots -75%

If you have access to Pikmin 1 & 2 you should kill Overlord. I don't know how -- just do it.

better have dat alibi doe

Donald, I'm not trying to single you out, and any aggro verbiage is only for my own amusement.

People repeat shit like this constantly.

STOP

Indie bundles are unappreciated blessings for CAGs and, thanks to the advent of cards, they've even turned profits for us so our chicks don't have to strip for tips. And my moms don't have to be on the pole no more -- her career had gone downhill when she went over the hill. As her son I was relieved but, as her manager, it was also a gut-shot.

#CardCurrencyCuresCancer

If too many broke mothafuckers continue chatting about waiting it out for a potential bundle featuring a new game or one that hasn't even been released yet -- and paying $1 and/or stockpiling keys to sell -- this culture will become more visible and that means countermeasures could follow if devs analyze the situation and deem it a problem.

Look, we're merely an obscure band of weirdo-hustlers that obsesses over copper discs with a black-liberating, black-faced accepted-whiteboy adorning them (they're free in 7-eleven parking spaces if you don't mind the oil) so it may not be a big deal right now, but why jeopardize our sole purpose in this world? We were born to be bundle beneficiaries.

Somebody, please think of my children.
Haha, ok I'll stop.I never really bring it up outside CAG anyways.

Packs are breaking my heart.  I'd buy DLC but it's not on sale and I own the core games so no desire to buy the complete packs.

I'm actually looking more forward to Steam's sale since they tend to discount individual DLC even when they're selling bundles.

I just picked up two of the complete packs from the next sale. Didn't have the base game and with the $2 credit it comes to cheaper than anything Steam would offer. Both were above $10 which is my usual limit, but oh well.

The complete packs are pretty great if you don't own the core game.  I actually did pick up the Tropico 4 pack; after coupon, $2 credit and $1 from some crap free game trade-ins, it came to $6.

I know there's been bundles with Tropico 1-3 before but I wanted the Modern Times & Quick-Drying Cement DLCs and will realistically never say "Wow, Tropico 4 is great... I should play Tropico 3!"

But there's been a couple games as well where I would have bought the DLC if it was on sale but buying the bundle doesn't make sense.

I was considering Lost Planet 2, but then I noticed that it has a jacked-up base price ($30 on GMG, $20 on Steam.)
Bit of a risk, just because looking at the history Steam hasn't had it on sale much, it was 9.89 back in 2011, but since then the cheapest it has ever gotten on Steam was 14.99. Even with the higher base price, $7.49 with a $2 credit makes it $5.49, unless Steam goes 75% bringing it $0.50 cheaper, I think this is the best deal we will see.

I was considering it as well, but a lot of the reviews talk about the SP being mediocre and the co-op being the best way to play the game. I'm a purely SP guy, so, that kinda kills it for me. I just bought LP:EC-CE (wow, that's a lot of letters) on my husband's recommendation, and after enjoying the demo, so I might just stick with that and wait on the sequel.

I was considering it as well, but a lot of the reviews talk about the SP being mediocre and the co-op being the best way to play the game. I'm a purely SP guy, so, that kinda kills it for me.
That's pretty much why I was didn't just go for it. The lower base price on Steam is mainly just another reason to justify not picking it up.

Holy crap, the system requirements for FEAR Ultimate say 17GB HD space required, now Steam is telling me it will take up 52GB of install space... that seems insane

Looks like a bug, only actually took up 17. Still 17GB for the first game, 12 for the second, and 4 for the third...

Holy crap, the system requirements for FEAR Ultimate say 17GB HD space required, now Steam is telling me it will take up 52GB of install space... that seems insane

Looks like a bug, only actually took up 17. Still 17GB for the first game, 12 for the second, and 4 for the third...
Yeah, for an older game F.E.A.R. and it's expansions is pretty sizable. I still can't figure out why Reborn is never included in these "complete" packs.

Bit of a risk, just because looking at the history Steam hasn't had it on sale much, it was 9.89 back in 2011, but since then the cheapest it has ever gotten on Steam was 14.99. Even with the higher base price, $7.49 with a $2 credit makes it $5.49, unless Steam goes 75% bringing it $0.50 cheaper, I think this is the best deal we will see.

I was considering it as well, but a lot of the reviews talk about the SP being mediocre and the co-op being the best way to play the game. I'm a purely SP guy, so, that kinda kills it for me. I just bought LP:EC-CE (wow, that's a lot of letters) on my husband's recommendation, and after enjoying the demo, so I might just stick with that and wait on the sequel.
GMG will have Lost Planet 2 for sale at a better price eventually, the MSRP just recently changed to $19.99 on Steam, so it'll probably be changed on GMG as well.. and GMG have had it for 75% off before so it'd end up cheaper if you wait.

I think it was a good decision to skip Lost Planet 2 if you're only interested in singleplayer games. LP2 really shouldn't be played in SP. Lost Planet 1 has a pretty decent singleplayer campaign, so you're better off sticking with that, like you did.

GMG will have Lost Planet 2 for sale at a better price eventually, the MSRP just recently changed to $19.99 on Steam, so it'll probably be changed on GMG as well.. and GMG have had it for 75% off before so it'd end up cheaper if you wait.

I think it was a good decision to skip Lost Planet 2 if you're only interested in singleplayer games. LP2 really shouldn't be played in SP. Lost Planet 1 has a pretty decent singleplayer campaign, so you're better off sticking with that, like you did.
just my luck when i brought at 8bucks +20 im not remebeeri think it was 39.99 75% off or somethign there not remebering lol

I don't like multi-tasking when there is a clock ticking but in Tropico 4 you are able to set the game to a pause speed to look around, plan your builds and issue any orders anytime you like so it works for me.

I click the banner that displays games you can apply 25% off too, but when I click one of the games listed SR4 and apply the 25% off code GMG25-BAWQB-8UQWG, it says voucher cant be applied.  Am I doing it wrong?

I think it's somehow case sensitive? Ran into the same issue yesterday, copied and pasted the code someone else typed out in an earlier post, and it went thru without problems

No coupon but you get either $1 cash back or $2 GMG credit, which is technically better than 10% off
Thanks, the 2 bucks back would be better but then I'm not sure I'm going to buy anything else from here.

I'll just go with the buck and see what happens.

Yes, I live dangerously lol

Thanks, the 2 bucks back would be better but then I'm not sure I'm going to buy anything else from here.

I'll just go with the buck and see what happens.

Yes, I live dangerously lol
Wrong choice imo. GMG is possibly the best discounting PCDD seller. Also in the past cash back had been a hassle for some.

I think it's somehow case sensitive? Ran into the same issue yesterday, copied and pasted the code someone else typed out in an earlier post, and it went thru without problems
what parts of the coupon codes are case sensitive? I cant get it to work in upper or lower case on SR4 which is listed as part of the 25% off promotion. Has anyone been able to find a working code?

25% off code was discontinued on SR4. I asked on their forums. I hope before release they have another pre-order discount on it.

thanks for the heads up!
If the 25% voucher doesn't return, I could probably use my 20% GG discount to buy it for you. With the 20% off and blue coin kickback, it comes to $37.75 versus $37.50 ($50 -25%). I haven't researched if GMG offered anything extra that GG doesn't that might make a difference.

One of my They Bleed Pixels cards sold for 63 cents today. Not sure if the market bounced back or someone just felt like spending extra. They were around 40 cents last night.

One of my They Bleed Pixels cards sold for 63 cents today. Not sure if the market bounced back or someone just felt like spending extra. They were around 40 cents last night.
My four all sold, made a total of $1.75. Should have delisted and waited but oh well, getting back all but 50 cents isn't bad at all.

bread's done
Back