Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

I probably would've bought RAW.. if it had online co-op. Seems to only be singleplayer/local co-op.
You are correct. I'm fine with that though since I rarely play co-op.

Anyway, went ahead and took a chance for $3. Started as a Warrior on the hardest difficulty, made it to the end of the first level fairly easily but then got swarmed by a horde of enemies that you aren't supposed to defeat. Instead, you're supposed to run through a portal to escape but by the time the portal appeared, I was surrounded with no hope of getting to the portal. You have a limited number of lives in this game to finish a level so I burned through them all very quickly and it was back to the beginning of the level. At least it lets you keep your stats and items but it was very frustrating because there was no room to avoid the enemies and get to the portal. Played the level one more time as a Warrior, failed again then started over as a Wizard. It was much easier since every character's first level is somewhat different and the layout at the end when you get swarmed was much more open.

After getting past the frustration of the Warrior's first level, I think it's an ok game for $3. There is no map (it's hard to get lost though since the levels are pretty linear) and it actually plays better with a controller but it's decent enough for ARPG fans if/when it hits that price again.

O well I bit on Reus and Giana, hopefully I get to play them before they get bundled. I really needed to buy something on sale, is like an itch...

I bit on Reus and am seriously considering Giana. But I don't think I'll get to Giana for awhile so I'll wait.

O well I bit on Reus and Giana, hopefully I get to play them before they get bundled. I really needed to buy something on sale, is like an itch...
What does them getting bundled have to do with you playing them?

I'm confused, the blog says sale 23 of 24, but then says its the last 666 post. Wonder if sale 24 will be a 6 hour rehash of all the previous deals? Or if they are just recounting? Or what is going on.

Then again, this whole sale has been weird. The site says sales end at 10 and 4 UTC, they actually end at 9 and 3.

@AshesKitty or anyone else who has played it...

Anyone played WRC3 yet?

It's $7.49 on GMG currently.

Not sure if 20% off coupon works on it (GMG20-XLQ7U-EMMBV).

Not planning to buy it now - but still curious if it's any good, in case...you know, distant future.
I haven't played WRC3 yet... I think that's the first time it has hit $7.50... I;m tempted to bite... Crapsule only required to download, no play.

I'm confused, the blog says sale 23 of 24, but then says its the last 666 post. Wonder if sale 24 will be a 6 hour rehash of all the previous deals? Or if they are just recounting? Or what is going on.

Then again, this whole sale has been weird. The site says sales end at 10 and 4 UTC, they actually end at 9 and 3.
Maybe from 4am CST to 10am CST they're going to give away all the free games they were going to give away earlier. The server hit from free games will be mitigated by people being in bed... or drunk.

Maybe from 4am CST to 10am CST they're going to give away all the free games they were going to give away earlier. The server hit from free games will be mitigated by people being in bed... or drunk.
Won't some people be both in bed and drunk? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I bit on Reus and am seriously considering Giana. But I don't think I'll get to Giana for awhile so I'll wait.

What does them getting bundled have to do with you playing them?
If they appear in a bundle they'll be pretty cheap, if I've finished them I won't care, if I havent touched them it'll feel like a waste of money, basically.

Sorry this is a little long.

Friendly advice; don't buy WRC3. Milestone doesn't support it. There were many problems when it was released and many many months later a patch resolving some of the issues was released. BUT, if you have the download version, you will not get the patch. That's right, they only patched the boxed PC version and not the download version, which are essentially the same thing.

Also, it only plays audio with a stereo speaker configuration. So, if you have any more than two speakers, you have to set your system speakers to stereo or you will not get sound. I had the game for a month before I figured it out. Milestone didn't respond to my inquiries. Finally someone who had the same issue posted to my compaint on the WRC3 FB page. There are a lot of complaints on their page, they don't respond to anything.

They will not respond to emails, nor Facebook posts, not anything. They don't care. I have never seen a more piss poor company than Milestone. It's a pity, since they currently have the rights to the WRC license; they don't deserve it.

What's more, I wrote a review for GMG outlining the problems and the audio fix and they wouldn't post it because it was not a good review. I asked them what their criteria for a review is and they responded that they can't tell me. Pssshht!

All that said, if you do get it, there is a free 3rd party physics patch that fixes a lot of the arcadey feel of the driving.

why is greenmangaming so hard to pay?? 

I get verified by visa but the password isn't what I set up and i can't reset it because the forgot my password link does nothing. and my bank's website has no information whatsoever about a visa password for my debit card... it shouldn't be this hard to pay $6 for Raiden games...

why is greenmangaming so hard to pay??

I get verified by visa but the password isn't what I set up and i can't reset it because the forgot my password link does nothing. and my bank's website has no information whatsoever about a visa password for my debit card... it shouldn't be this hard to pay $6 for Raiden games...
Use PayPal instead of your credit card.

Not only is it safer (yes, really), some banks HATE IT when you pay an overseas store with your credit card. They tack on extra fees for no good reason. We get tons of complaints about that at the GOG forums.

I don't sell on ebay so why would I ever use paypal or allow that evil company access to my bank accounts?

Last edited:
@RuzzT

Is that physics patch an actual mod (from modders) or an official patch (from the dev's)?
No, it's a mod by EC Sim Hardware. You can find it here. It's not updated anymore, but it's pretty complete as is.

http://ecsimhardware.com/?page_id=2108

Don't worry that the page isn't in English, just download Advanced Physics patch v0.6 and Advanced Plugin v1.1

Still, I think Dirt 2 and 3 are better. Best thing is to buy Richard Burns Rally for $5 (the best rally game ever made), and mod that sucker up to look amazing!

Sorry this is a little long.

Friendly advice; don't buy WRC3. Milestone doesn't support it. There were many problems when it was released and many many months later a patch resolving some of the issues was released. BUT, if you have the download version, you will not get the patch. That's right, they only patched the boxed PC version and not the download version, which are essentially the same thing.
Also, it only plays audio with a stereo speaker configuration. So, if you have any more than two speakers, you have to set your system speakers to stereo or you will not get sound. I had the game for a month before I figured it out. Milestone didn't respond to my inquiries. Finally someone who had the same issue posted to my compaint on the WRC3 FB page. There are a lot of complaints on their page, they don't respond to anything.

They will not respond to emails, nor Facebook posts, not anything. They don't care. I have never seen a more piss poor company than Milestone. It's a pity, since they currently have the rights to the WRC license; they don't deserve it.

What's more, I wrote a review for GMG outlining the problems and the audio fix and they wouldn't post it because it was not a good review. I asked them what their criteria for a review is and they responded that they can't tell me. Pssshht!

All that said, if you do get it, there is a free 3rd party physics patch that fixes a lot of the arcadey feel of the driving.
Thanks a lot for that! I would have easily thrown $6 at it, but after seeing you post I did poking around about that patch... Yep, they've enraged a lot of players out there by making the 1.0.1 patch downloadable for the retail version and telling digital download buyers to get the patch from the storefront they bought it from. Enough people report serious problems pre-1.0.1 too so, the patch seems quite important and it's not available to PC Digital Download scumbags buyers. +1 for RBR

There's now a DD source for RBR, http://uk.gamesplanet.com/buy-download-pc-games/Richard-Burns-Rally-235-39.html currently 7 quid, ~$10.50.

I don't sell on ebay so why would I ever use paypal or allow that evil company access to my bank accounts?
36160635.jpg

Yep, "Encore". All deals from the last six days are available for 30 hours starting... now. Except... no vouchers?

Which key is the Season Pass first or second steam key, I already have BL2 I wanna give the spare key to my friend.

It's.. hard to say. On my first purchase the keys were labeled, the second time they weren't labeled and were in reverse order... sooo, best advice is to try and find out.   :headache:

Also, for those wanting an at-a-glance overview of the games on sale (with countdown timer): http://blog.playfire.com/2013/07/the-encore.html. They better deliver with the free games they put off midway through the sale..

It's.. hard to say. On my first purchase the keys were labeled, the second time they weren't labeled and were in reverse order... sooo, best advice is to try and find out. :headache:

Also, for those wanting an at-a-glance overview of the games on sale (with countdown timer): http://blog.playfire.com/2013/07/the-encore.html. They better deliver with the free games they put off midway through the sale..
Got it cleared up thankfully

I just e-mailed GMG and got an answer they said it will always be the first key

so for anyone just wanting the Season Pass redeem just the first key not the 2nd.

Which key is the Season Pass first or second steam key, I already have BL2 I wanna give the spare key to my friend.
As Spiricore suggested, you should just try the keys. If the first key that you try turns out to be the BL2 key, steam will just tell you that you already own the game. The key will then remain unused. So you should have no problems passing it along to your friend.

It kinda sucks that GMG has the bundles like this on the key page. I bought the XCOM pack the other day and I had to try all three keys before I found the one for the main game. Any bundle with 6 or more keys risks the possibility of steam locking you out of key redemption for 2 or 3 hours if you are unlucky enough not to get the main game key within the first 5 guesses.

EDIT: Oh, looks like you've got it cleared up already. Curse my slow typing.

EDIT #2: For the record, the XCOM main key on my key page was the second of the three keys listed. So that "It will always be the first key" thing is BS.

As Spiricore suggested, you should just try the keys. If the first key that you try turns out to be the BL2 key, steam will just tell you that you already own the game. The key will then remain unused. So you should have no problems passing it along to your friend.

It kinda sucks that GMG has the bundles like this on the key page. I bought the XCOM pack the other day and I had to try all three keys before I found the one for the main game. Any bundle with 6 or more keys risks the possibility of steam locking you out of key redemption for 2 or 3 hours if you are unlucky enough not to get the main game key within the first 5 guesses.

EDIT: Oh, looks like you've got it cleared up already. Curse my slow typing.

EDIT #2: For the record, the XCOM main key on my key page was the second of the three keys listed. So that "It will always be the first key" thing is BS.
I was only talking about the Borderlands 2 Season Pass always being the first key, not other games.

I was only talking about the Borderlands 2 Season Pass always being the first key, not other games.
My bad. Reading comprehension failure on my part.

Well I'm glad it worked out for you. Though I would still like to see GMG going to a system where all the keys are clearly labeled.

EDIT: And for the record, I wasn't calling you out with the "BS" thing. That was directed at GMG.

It's not a true encore: some of the games are priced higher, others don't include the $2 credit they did last time. Some even fall under both of these categories.

I was looking forward to picking up Worms Revolution at 75% off, but they're only running it at -50% this time around, and I'm glad that I picked up Worms Ultimate Mayhem when it was 75% off with $2 credit (not 66% off sans-credit.)

So, is this the same price for XCOM: EU Complete?

Or was it cheaper after vouchers, cashbacks, and/or anything else during 666 Sale?

So, is this the same price for XCOM: EU Complete?

Or was it cheaper after vouchers, cashbacks, and/or anything else during 666 Sale?
Base price is the same, but there was a 20% coupon the first time around.

I was also able to apply a $2 credit that i had left over from the previous day to it to knock it down to $8.40.

Base price is the same, but there was a 20% coupon the first time around.

I was also able to apply a $2 credit to it to knock it down to $8.40.
Thanks for the info!

Still hella-tempted by this deal b/c it's the whole damn thing w/ all DLC -> $10.39 (during 666) vs. $11.69 (what it is now)....

hmmmm....

Maybe I will; maybe I won't - not sure yet.

And nice scored w/ your extra $2 credit looming.

^5

bread's done
Back