Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

The only time I had issues with GFWL's saves was because of Raptr corrupting my Arkham Asylum 100% save game. I ran the program to "sync" my achievements there, and the next time I ran Arkham Asylum my game was unplayable.

Games using G4WL always had problems w/ saved games w/ offline and online profiles disappearing, corrupting, and other nonsense (i.e. Gears of War PC; Batman AA + AC PC; FO3 PC; etc etc).

Really is something M$ should've worked-out YEARS ago.
It seems like this time is SEGA the problem, not G4WL

It seems like this time is SEGA the problem, not G4WL
Both their faults.

Whether SEGA is using an "obsolete version" or not, the problem begins w/ M$ and their awful G4WL in the 1st place.

That thing has ALWAYS had problems.

Of course, SEGA is at fault for using that garbage G4WL.

And they obviously should've used a more updated version.

I know - they (SEGA) probably took the lazy way out here b/c the game's on X360 and said "Oh, we'll just leave M$ XBL/G4WL code in" (b/c it's easy to make game work for X360 and then do not much to get it actually supporting G4WL).

I don't know why the hell anybody wants to use that piece of garbage, anyways.

G4WL is more headaches than it's worth.

Surprisingly, I've luckily never had many problems w/ G4WL, unlike many others... {knocks on wood}

Last edited by a moderator:
Games using G4WL always had problems w/ saved games w/ offline and online profiles disappearing, corrupting, and other nonsense (i.e. Gears of War PC; Batman AA + AC PC; FO3 PC; etc etc).

Really is something M$ should've worked-out YEARS ago.
Didn't know it used GFWL. I might pick it up now.

how's Virtua Tennis 4? The only tennis games I've played are on Wii (besides the tennis games on atari 2600 xD)
I'm wondering this, too. The only non-Wii tennis game I've played is the first Top Spin for the original Xbox, and I enjoyed that. How does this compare? I was going to ask if this were the best tennis game on PC, but it seems to be the only recent tennis game on PC... so much for competition...

activated bl2 no problem!

one thing that sure is annoying and was already mentioned is the lack of labeling of codes, top code was dlc, bottom was the full game. pc def beats consoles for this game.

I'm wondering this, too. The only non-Wii tennis game I've played is the first Top Spin for the original Xbox, and I enjoyed that. How does this compare? I was going to ask if this were the best tennis game on PC, but it seems to be the only recent tennis game on PC... so much for competition...
I'm a tennis freak, and I like it, if that tells you anything. It's not super realistic like Top Spin, but you have a lot of control over depth and placement. The career mode is fun, with silly minigames for training up your stats and such. My only complaints are that the AI for doubles can be iffy sometimes and drop shots aren't at all realistic.

Hey, I need some CAGly assistance: Is Resident Evil 5 worth revisiting for $4.99? (Perhaps $4.49 after the 10% off code.)

Pros:

- Resident Evil 5's port is supposedly pretty solid. (It even supports 120hz monitors.)

- Some new Mercenaries mode features were added, I believe.

Cons:

- 3rd Party DRM: GFWL.

- No truly interesting mods.

- The mansion DLC never made it to PC.

Actually, my Pro's and Con's setup may have done the work for me; I should probably skip it. Still, comments would be appreciated.

Hey, I need some CAGly assistance: Is Resident Evil 5 worth revisiting for $4.99? (Perhaps $4.49 after the 10% off code.)

Pros:
- Resident Evil 5's port is supposedly pretty solid. (It even supports 120hz monitors.)

Cons:

Actually, my Pro's and Con's setup may have done the work for me; I should probably skip it. Still, comments would be appreciated.
I would say yes, it's worth revisiting. I think I played through it twice on PS3 (Gold edition), and once on PC. Mouse control is excellent and makes the game more fun to play IMO, and the graphics/framerate are superior on PC.

It's a great port.

I'm a tennis freak, and I like it, if that tells you anything. It's not super realistic like Top Spin, but you have a lot of control over depth and placement. The career mode is fun, with silly minigames for training up your stats and such. My only complaints are that the AI for doubles can be iffy sometimes and drop shots aren't at all realistic.
Thanks for the mini-review. I'll definitely add it to my wishlist and see if it goes on sale again. I'd love to see 2K and even EA bring their tennis games to PC, though... no idea why they're not ported over.

****Check it Out*****

The deal is supposedly expired, but many of the encore games still show up at the price through the search window.

They work with the 20% off code GMG20-F202F-UI40F !

I used it to last dip on lost planet 1, 2, and mafia complete for 20 total.

Thanks for the mini-review. I'll definitely add it to my wishlist and see if it goes on sale again. I'd love to see 2K and even EA bring their tennis games to PC, though... no idea why they're not ported over.
There's not a large market for tennis games as a whole, let alone on the PC.

****Check it Out*****

The deal is supposedly expired, but many of the encore games still show up at the price through the search window.

They work with the 20% off code GMG20-F202F-UI40F !

I used it to last dip on lost planet 1, 2, and mafia complete for 20 total.
Damn, too late. I'd have picked up Lost Planet 1 if I'd been awake.

Pros:

Cons:

totally worth it, fun game for what it is

especially if you have someone to co op with

Did I miss the encore? I don't see anything on sale...
Some show of dedication there... can't be bothered to check in once a day... (tip: sales streaks often end on Sundays) You know some of us have given up careers, educations, & relationships in pursuit of cheap games!

Some show of dedication there... can't be bothered to check in once a day... (tip: sales streaks often end on Sundays) You know some of us have given up careers, educations, & relationships in pursuit of cheap games!
Hell, I once took my laptop into the bathroom with me in fear of it immediately going out of stock and me consequentially missing out as a result of my untimely bowel movements.

Last time I bought a bundle of two games, both keys were properly labeled. Odd.
Not sure why that is either. I bought 2x Non-encore Borderlands 2 + Season pass and they were both properly labelled. BL2: XXX-XXX-XX Season Pass: XXX-XXX-XXX

Maybe they rushed the encore key integration or something.

Not sure why that is either. I bought 2x Non-encore Borderlands 2 + Season pass and they were both properly labelled. BL2: XXX-XXX-XX Season Pass: XXX-XXX-XXX

Maybe they rushed the encore key integration or something.
Hey as long as they worked idc, if I'd have already had the game I'd be more perplexed.

Note to anyone who grabbed Defiance, they're having an event till the 30th where whoever completes the most major arkfalls (the big ones) gets their character in the show in season 2.

Pointless to try, I'm sure, but the important part is that they're also opening up all the missions that were temporary and correlated with the show, so if you're jumping in late you can do all the "episode" missions to catch up on what you missed.

Note to anyone who grabbed Defiance, they're having an event till the 30th where whoever completes the most major arkfalls (the big ones) gets their character in the show in season 2.

Pointless to try, I'm sure, but the important part is that they're also opening up all the missions that were temporary and correlated with the show, so if you're jumping in late you can do all the "episode" missions to catch up on what you missed.
Defiance looks like it could be fun, I'll grab it when it hits 10 dollars or less

This might be super random, but has anyone had preorder key issues with GMG before?  I preordered Civ V: Brave New World a while back and still no key (even though it released today).

Sent in support tickets but so far nothing.  Pretty disappointing in the service - bummer because I haven't had too many issues with them before.

This might be super random, but has anyone had preorder key issues with GMG before? I preordered Civ V: Brave New World a while back and still no key (even though it released today).

Sent in support tickets but so far nothing. Pretty disappointing in the service - bummer because I haven't had too many issues with them before.

From their twitter,

A quick update on Civ V: Brave New World keys: http://ow.ly/mMCS7

Sounds like they should have been sent out several hours ago, although they did have to delay their release. Support should be able to straighten you out, I imagine. Sucks you have to wait for them though.

I would say yes, it's worth revisiting. I think I played through it twice on PS3 (Gold edition), and once on PC. Mouse control is excellent and makes the game more fun to play IMO, and the graphics/framerate are superior on PC.

It's a great port.
i agree wel it really fun and hard parts but i like it worth 4.99 i brought for little higher but still worth it

75% or GTFO
3v4qns.jpg

Noticed a foreign transaction fee on my CC from a purchase from GMG. For future reference, does PayPal charge a foreign transaction fee?
Not to my knowledge, just a currency conversion fee if they charge in pounds like BundleStars (but I think GMG charges in USD so there is no need for conversion), although I find your comment odd. I've been buying from GMG for a while and always feared a fee would pop up but never had one show up (I use my CC on GMG, not PayPal)

I'd consider it, but the new skins/heads are butt ugly.
Agreed. I think the default heads/skins are enough for my taste. I was looking at some of the other offerings, but I have to remind myself, as a solo player the only time I see my character's body really is in the menus.

There's one skin pack I want, but I'm waiting for a big discount. The Mechromancer head with the hood and glowing eyes is what I want. I'd pay up to 49 cents, I think.

bread's done
Back