Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

Last thing I bought from GMG was MK9 for $5-something back around 5 Jan.  Their sales have been lacking... I mean Steam weeklies have me more excited than GMG sales now days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same here... ever since the first of the year I've apparently earned some reward credits, some rewards never show up in playfire that I should have earned, and I've never received any credits in my GMG account. I know we're not alone, but it's frustrating and I keep getting the runaround with the support staff. I'm not expecting to ever see any of it in reality. Oh well. :whee:

Ever since this Playfire Rewards beta program went up I haven't bought anything from GMG either. The lack of good deals is disheartening to be honest. So I'm not sure if I'd even be spending my rewards credits if I had them.
I'm lucky in that all the credit - that it did give me - has transferred across to my GMG account. One lot took about 10 days... but it did finally get transferred across.

I'm lucky in that all the credit - that it did give me - has transferred across to my GMG account. One lot took about 10 days... but it did finally get transferred across.
Well that's good at least. :D/ I'm glad some CAGs have received some of their credits. I've just heard of more problems than praises towards the Beta program thus far. However, I'm sure like most things for every one person who voices a complaint there are ten others who don't have an issue at all. The vocal minority perhaps making it sound worse than it really might be. Maybe one day I'll be on the none issue side.

It's tough to get too riled up over free credits, but I just wish it worked better. It's the principle of the matter that perhaps bugs me in the end. I do wonder how long this stays in Beta or if GMG ends up ending the program early, because the loss of profits is unsustainable with giving out all these credits. Perhaps that's why there are not as many great deals to have surfaced as well. Or maybe that's because it's kind of the dead sales period of the year. Who knows, I'm just making a guess here.

It's tough to get too riled up over free credits, but I just wish it worked better. It's the principle of the matter that perhaps bugs me in the end. I do wonder how long this stays in Beta or if GMG ends up ending the program early, because the loss of profits is unsustainable with giving out all these credits. Perhaps that's why there are not as many great deals to have surfaced as well. Or maybe that's because it's kind of the dead sales period of the year. Who knows, I'm just making a guess here.
That's a very good point... since they launched the rewards beta the deals have been pretty rubbish and the coupons no longer work on the majority of games. :whistle2:k

anyone able to get the 20% code to work on titanfall? it wont register for me :/
As far as I'm aware there hasn't been any general vouchers released of recent valid for Titanfall. GMG has sent out individual 25% off or $7 off vouchers, however, by email.

Does anyone know if any part of the 2K collection pack is region locked? It's $40 AUD after coupon and I don't feel like paying another $16 for no real reason.

All my recent unlocks just showed up. £5.50 ($9.22) should be added soon. Gotta love that.

Now if only they'd have a good deal on a game I wanted...

Can someone please explain this play fire and Sam thing to me? I'm new to pc gaming
Playfire is a website used to get free virtual pennies for playing steam games and earning achievements. Pennies redeemable on greenmangaming.

Steam Achievement Manager allows one to unlock any and all steam achievements.

Playfire warns of banning if caught using SAM to get free pennies, but I question how valid the threat really is.

Playfire is a website used to get free virtual pennies for playing steam games and earning achievements. Pennies redeemable on greenmangaming.

Playfire warns of banning if caught using SAM to get free pennies, but I question how valid the threat really is.
Is there something I do to download SAM or is it found in the settings of steam? And thank you for the reply I will definitely be doing this.

Not to advocate using SAM, but the way Playfire is approaching the rewards issue is clearly because they're in beta. As soon as they add some built-in parser that checks for the times the achievements hit and compares them against each other to check for bulk unlocking and implements a minimum game time for achievements limit (meaning "Hit level 50! when you only have 10m in game), that goes bye-bye for the most part.

I do think the rewards are necessary in order to get people to use Playfire...but I really think the form of the rewards program is going to change once they get the bugs worked out of the whole detecting achievements functionality.

Wut? I didn't even know I owned this (which I don't).

W3IkzB4.png

I can't even remember when I last turned my PS3 on.

I got all my credits from the weekend 2K thing, including XCOM achievements I had previously earned and had to unlock and relock, and am just waiting for them to transfer over.  Waiting for some good deals at GMG too.  I'm hoping to see XCOM: EW, MK9, and/or Injustice.

I do think the rewards are necessary in order to get people to use Playfire...but I really think the form of the rewards program is going to change once they get the bugs worked out of the whole detecting achievements functionality.
eff dat... how about a good sale on GMG?

No current South Park pre-order deals left for the US, right?

I cancelled my PS3 pre-order after hearing about some technical issues on that version so I'd rather go over to the PC version.

I can wait if there's no deals, though.

I cancelled my PS3 pre-order after hearing about some technical issues on that version so I'd rather go over to the PC version.

If you are signed up for the GMG newsletter spam, you would have received a 25% voucher for South Park ($45). Otherwise, most of the retailers are running 20% off deals ($48). Supposedly Gamefly is already sending out keys for preload, dunno about GetGamesGo. Doubtful that GMG will release keys before launch.

OH THIS IS BULLSHIT.

Hey Foxhack,

This week we’ve tracked 13 games and 27 achievements. Unfortunately you didn’t earn any rewards.
I think I'm done with PlayFire's crap... they're a goddamn joke. GreenManGaming is just going downhill too.

OH THIS IS BULLSHIT.

I think I'm done with PlayFire's crap... they're a goddamn joke. GreenManGaming is just going downhill too.
I've got plenty of stuff on my wishlist I'd love to see pop up in a sale over there, but nothing recently. Probably the biggest things I'm keeping an eye out for are Shadowrun, The Banner Saga, Thief, and M&M X. Not much to be seen in the ~$15 range there, though.

I just tried it today for the first time... Hadn't started up Bioshock 2, Civ IV (had it DRM free back when I played it), and most of the old X-COM games. We'll see if I get my 60p or so that it says I should get.

I got all my credits from the weekend 2K thing, including XCOM achievements I had previously earned and had to unlock and relock, and am just waiting for them to transfer over. Waiting for some good deals at GMG too. I'm hoping to see XCOM: EW, MK9, and/or Injustice.
u miss injustice earlier this month or last month it was 12.49 so u so slow mk9 same ew yup only one u have missed that was 75% off or more without anything

I've got plenty of stuff on my wishlist I'd love to see pop up in a sale over there, but nothing recently. Probably the biggest things I'm keeping an eye out for are Shadowrun, The Banner Saga, Thief, and M&M X. Not much to be seen in the ~$15 range there, though.
On the low end deals they just got crappier with that $10 minimum. Previously the 20-25% voucher on sale prices, even sub $10 ones, was one thing that made it worth buying there vs just waiting for a Steam sale or getting it somewhere else.

I've also noticed lately more and more featured sales in that $10-$20 range are being excluded from vouchers.

Basically lately it seems like they've only been good for people who want to buy games on release but want at least a small discount and aren't willing to go into schiesty grey markets or for Playfire points which seems to be a YMMV sort of thing.

Last week we tracked 1 game, 1 achievement, and you’ve earned £0.40 of Green Man Gaming Credit.

No credit for Thief or Procyon achievements. Guess I'm sending email again. Fuukyeh.

Doesn't seem like any of the codes work for it. I was gonna buy it, and hopefully beat it before Dark Souls 2 and Titanfall came out, but now I probably won't end up getting it.

Edit: Gamefly has it 20% off. Coupon code MAR20OFF

And even when they do work, kind of a PITA -- compared to copy-pasting a coupon code.
Plus it encourages not playing your games. Several times already I've been annoyed that I missed out on a whole 10 pence because I already played a game for the first time previously, even if it just for a few minutes or idling for cards. :p

Plus it encourages not playing your games. Several times already I've been annoyed that I missed out on a whole 10 pence because I already played a game for the first time previously, even if it just for a few minutes or idling for cards. :p
Jeez, that's certainly not what this crowd needs.

My pending balance disappeared last night even though all my achievements are still listed and unchecked for payment not yet occurred. What the hell, playfire?

u miss injustice earlier this month or last month it was 12.49 so u so slow mk9 same ew yup only one u have missed that was 75% off or more without anything
They hadn't hit my price points, and I didn't have all the credit at that time. Now I'm just waiting for them all to hit $7.50 or less.

My pending balance disappeared last night even though all my achievements are still listed and unchecked for payment not yet occurred. What the hell, playfire?
Same thing happened to me. I hope they didn't wise up and starting checking game times! I had £6.80 headed my way.

I'm seeing "pre-load now" graphic on South Park on their homepage, but I have no key yet. Anyone else got a steam key yet? I'm hoping I won't have an issue, because I preordered this very very long time ago (like 1.5 years).

bread's done
Back