Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

Updated the OP with the Batman deal. However, a word of caution for people before purchasing. The patching process for this game through Capsule is AWFUL. It uses GFWL for the game but it will not find the correct directory; this means you have to install the patch manually using a cmd prompt. Oh and the install directory they use is called "Batham" instead of Batman.

The price is good but Capsule really sucks.

[quote name='rybrad']Updated the OP with the Batman deal. However, a word of caution for people before purchasing. The patching process for this game through Capsule is AWFUL. It uses GFWL for the game but it will not find the correct directory; this means you have to install the patch manually using a cmd prompt. Oh and the install directory they use is called "Batham" instead of Batman.

The price is good but Capsule really sucks.[/QUOTE]

I'll just chime in and say the manual GFWL patching really isn't difficult at all. When GFWL fails to find the directory, it tells you exactly what the command prompt you need to enter. Since it's still saved in my run.exe history, this is what it was for me:

"C:\Users\V878\AppData\Local\Microsoft\XLive\Updates\57520fa0\Content\Setup.exe" /f "C:\Program Files (x86)\CapsuleGames\Batham Arkham City - PC\Batman - Arkham City"

Replace V878 with your Windows user name. Also, you DO have to include all those quotation marks or it doesn't work. It may not be the same for everyone (I'm on Vista 64 bit), but hopefully this general guideline helps anyone who may be confused.

I do agree that Capsule is fairly awful though. They needed me to free up 50GB on my hard drive just to install Arkham City, which seems just a tad ridiculous. Fortunately, thanks to manual patching, I didn't need to run Capsule for anything else besides installing the game for the first time.

[quote name='V878']I'll just chime in and say the manual GFWL patching really isn't difficult at all. When GFWL fails to find the directory, it tells you exactly what the command prompt you need to enter. Since it's still saved in my run.exe history, this is what it was for me:

"C:\Users\V878\AppData\Local\Microsoft\XLive\Updates\57520fa0\Content\Setup.exe" /f "C:\Program Files (x86)\CapsuleGames\Batham Arkham City - PC\Batman - Arkham City"

Replace V878 with your Windows user name. Also, you DO have to include all those quotation marks or it doesn't work. It may not be the same for everyone (I'm on Vista 64 bit), but hopefully this general guideline helps anyone who may be confused.

I do agree that Capsule is fairly awful though. They needed me to free up 50GB on my hard drive just to install Arkham City, which seems just a tad ridiculous. Fortunately, thanks to manual patching, I didn't need to run Capsule for anything else besides installing the game for the first time.[/QUOTE]

sound horrible :drool:

why don't u just activate the key on GFWL and download it from there? Can't the cd key from GMG be used on GFWL at all? What about borrowing a retail disc from your friend and use it to install and activate Batman? would that work? :cry:

[quote name='agentghost']sound horrible :drool:

why don't u just activate the key on GFWL and download it from there? Can't the cd key from GMG be used on GFWL at all? What about borrowing a retail disc from your friend and use it to install and activate Batman? would that work? :cry:[/QUOTE]
I couldn't find a way to activate a key on GFWL and download it from there. If the option still exists they seem to have hidden it well since they rolled everything into XBL. Or I am blind which is possible as well.

[quote name='rybrad']I couldn't find a way to activate a key on GFWL and download it from there. If the option still exists they seem to have hidden it well since they rolled everything into XBL. Or I am blind which is possible as well.[/QUOTE]

It didn't work in the GFWL Marketplace client for the desktop?

[quote name='Mikerrrr']It didn't work in the GFWL Marketplace client for the desktop?[/QUOTE]
I haven't been able to find a place to redeem keys in the Marketplace client since they rolled it into the XBL stuff. If there is still a way to do it I would love to get away from Capsule on this game.

[quote name='rybrad']I haven't been able to find a place to redeem keys in the Marketplace client since they rolled it into the XBL stuff. If there is still a way to do it I would love to get away from Capsule on this game.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for letting me know. Honestly, I haven't opened that client in aaaaaaages :lol:

[quote name='agentghost']sound horrible :drool:

why don't u just activate the key on GFWL and download it from there? Can't the cd key from GMG be used on GFWL at all? What about borrowing a retail disc from your friend and use it to install and activate Batman? would that work? :cry:[/QUOTE]

The manual patching takes literally 5 seconds to set up after the patch downloads. I think the bigger issue it just dealing with Capsule if you ever need to redownload the game. I'll probably just end up rebuying the game on Steam when the inevitable GOTY edition is on sale for $7.50 or so. Game already has about $20 worth of DLC out already, so won't feel too bad about rebuying it later down the road to get all that stuff.

GMG has started a New Year's promo with a lot of things 75% off -- currently, however, their servers are getting hammered so accessing the site is difficult.

[quote name='Mooby']GMG has started a New Year's promo with a lot of things 75% off -- currently, however, their servers are getting hammered so accessing the site is difficult.[/QUOTE]

Also, Sniper Ghost Warrior is currently 100% off. Servers are crawling.

I will try to check the site later today and see what the good deals are. If people see something really good when the site is functioning, feel free to update the OP.

Here are the offers from their forums:

FEAR 3 – 50% off! [greenmangaming.com]

Batman: Arkham City – 50% off!
[greenmangaming.com]

Super Meat Boy – 75% off for 24 hours!
[greenmangaming.com]

Kane and Lynch 2: Dog Days – 75% off for 24 hours!
[greenmangaming.com]

Alien Versus Predator – 75% off for 24 hours!
[greenmangaming.com]

Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood – 75% off for 24 hours!
[greenmangaming.co.uk]

Additionally we’ll also be giving away 20,000 copies of Sniper: Ghost Warrior from 1300 GMT January 1st while stocks last [greenmangaming.com] – just use voucher code GREEN-MANSS-NIPER at checkout to receive a 100% discount on the title! This voucher won’t expire at a specific time, but after it has been used 20,000 times it will stop working!

http://forums.greenmangaming.com/topic/1676/

[quote name='gamingdroid']How are you supposed to check out with "Sniper: Ghost Warrior"? I can't find the game on their website....[/QUOTE]

Same.

[quote name='pROvIs']They are out http://forums.greenmangaming.com/topic/1685/[/QUOTE]

From that link:

And we’ve still got an amazing January sale underway right now! Check back every day to find all of our new daily deals and you’ll easily be able to find a bargain you’ll want!

Sonuvabitch...no rest for my weary wallet huh? I'm tempted to pick up F.E.A.R. 3 and Kane and Lynch 2 right now. Anyone want to talk me out of it?

[quote name='admurray2']From that link:

And we’ve still got an amazing January sale underway right now! Check back every day to find all of our new daily deals and you’ll easily be able to find a bargain you’ll want!

Sonuvabitch...no rest for my weary wallet huh? I'm tempted to pick up F.E.A.R. 3 and Kane and Lynch 2 right now. Anyone want to talk me out of it?[/QUOTE]
Kane and Lycnh 2 is less than two hours long. Beat it co-op with a friend in 115 minutes. It was fun enough but just be aware that it is REALLY short and feel bad for anyone who paid full price.

[quote name='rybrad']Kane and Lycnh 2 is less than two hours long. Beat it co-op with a friend in 115 minutes. It was fun enough but just be aware that it is REALLY short and feel bad for anyone who paid full price.[/QUOTE]

there is an active steam group for the multiplayer.

[quote name='rybrad']Kane and Lycnh 2 is less than two hours long. Beat it co-op with a friend in 115 minutes. It was fun enough but just be aware that it is REALLY short and feel bad for anyone who paid full price.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='paz9x']there is an active steam group for the multiplayer.[/QUOTE]

C'mon guys, I said talk me OUT of buying.

Two hours is pretty short, but that's kind of a good thing with all of the games I just bought. And the multiplayer looks pretty cool from what videos I have seen.

There goes another five bucks...

Sweet. I just traded in some free games I've had on my account for a while but never played, and I got FEAR 3 for $2.32. :D

[quote name='admurray2']From that link:

Sonuvabitch...no rest for my weary wallet huh? I'm tempted to pick up F.E.A.R. 3 and Kane and Lynch 2 right now. Anyone want to talk me out of it?[/QUOTE]

FEAR 3 is easily worth the $7. It's especially good on co-op and I found it to be better than the second one.

Kane and Lynch 2 I bought when Amazon had it for $2.50, so I could co-op with my friend, but I can't say I've been enjoying it. Especially when our first co-op session was glitched http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgh52kvIsbY

war in the north is a terrible game people, don't waste your money on that game, i got it on the last sale and im regretting every penny of the 15 bucks i paid for it

[quote name='dEvAnGeL']war in the north is a terrible game people, don't waste your money on that game, i got it on the last sale and im regretting every penny of the 15 bucks i paid for it[/QUOTE]

Ahh it's not that bad in co-op with a friend (share the pain!). I personally enjoy it a lot more then Dungeon Siege 3 in terms of both being hack and slash type games. At least in War in the North the loot progression is actually discernible and rewarding.

Also picked up Space Marine for 12.49. Not too shabby. The steam code was instant on the website..easy peasy! Not sure if I"ll bite on FEAR 3.

..... and purchase number 1 from GMG! It was a pain in the butt to have to call my cc company to okay the purchase, but that's a steal of a deal on Space Marine.

I went ahead and bit on Fear 3 even though i gotta go back through the first 2 again. I just figure i won't find it at such a deal in awhile.

I like GMG but after my first purchase i was definately running this through Paypal, last time i paid directly with my card and bank shut it off cause a charge in another country must mean it was stolen (could've just asked me about it but noooo, this was quicker)

bread's done
Back