Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

Todays 24 hour deal seems to be an extension of yesterdays for Sleeping Dogs, except at $35 instead of $30. Hope it accepts my payment this time :S

Some mediocre deals added to the OP:

Dead Island GOTY $17.99 (Steamworks) with voucher code ZOMBI-FICAT-IONGO for 10% off
Endless Space: Admiral Edition $26.99 with voucher code THEFI-NALFR-NTIER for 10% off
LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes $23.99 with voucher code IAMTH-ELEGO-BATMN for 20% off
Pro Cycling Manager 2012 $27.99 with voucher code CYCLE-CYCLE-CYCLE for 30% off

On an administrative note, I attempted to streamline the OP and add info in the second post on how to help update the OP. I feel like the previous iteration was too clunky and did not lend itself to being easily updated. With the new changes and instructions, I hope this will encourage more users to use the wiki feature and help keep the OP updated. If you are interested in making updates, please read the first section of the second post.

Long story short, I hope the new format will provide all relevant information at a glance and stay updated with increased regularity. If you have any questions or ideas, let me know.

Also, I just did the formatting, rules and some quick updates today so the OP could still use a lot of love (especially for Steamworks titles). I will try to work on it more throughout the week and get everything current.

GMG Winter Sale starting today! Some free games through out. Today's free game is Hacker Evolution. Get the free game and also get a 20% off anything in the entire store code when you get your order confirmation.

Another promo running right now is trade in Commandos 3 towards End of Nations and get a $7.00 trade in bonus. New free games/deals should be coming up throughout the winter sale.

I was kinda hyped when I got the email this morning. I thought the Winter Sale idea was clever, though I think they would've had way more traction if they tried this last week.

Def going to be keeping an eye on the free games and can't wait to see how their sales measure up against Steam.

20% off code works for the guild wars 2 keys they got back in stock. Not too bad if you missed out on the 25% off that happened last weekend.

Heads up in case anyone else has the same problem; if copy and pasting your 20% off codes doesn't work, try typing it in manually, it worked that way for me.

Also I've still got that $5, used 2 20% off codes to maximize savings (this is CAG of course) and am getting SR3 and FEAR 3 for $15, awesome deals!

You guys might want to trade in Commandos 3 if you have no use for it. The trade-in value is $2. I don't see it going any higher than that. The full price is $5

[quote name='sunghost']You guys might want to trade in Commandos 3 if you have no use for it. The trade-in value is $2. I don't see it going any higher than that. The full price is $5[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up

Well, GMG is trying, I'll give them that. All of these activate on Steam.

Saint's Row The Third $17.97

Metro 2033 $4.98

Darksiders $4.98

F3AR $7.69

If these sales stack with the 20% coupons, that's not a terrible deal on any of these games. I haven't tried though.

Edit: Apparently 20% off stacks. From their blog - "20% off vouchers that can be used on anything on the Green Man Gaming site!"

Thanks for letting me know about the 20% off voucher. Also for anyone that got the free commandos they did a couple of weeks ago, the trade-in value went from .10 to 2.00. After combining both i got Metro 2033 for 1.99.

Oooh, awesome. Thanks for the heads up on Commandos. I was on the site earlier, and it was at $.10. Was looking for an extra $2 to pick up Metro 2033. (Sadly, I waited too long on my previous trade in, and missed the $5. I also missed out on Hacker/20% off. Stupid work trips.)

Was Metro supposed to be a Steam redeem code? I didn't get one, even though my email gave redeeming the code as an activation instruction.

[quote name='Andami']Was Metro supposed to be a Steam redeem code? I didn't get one, even though my email gave redeeming the code as an activation instruction.[/QUOTE]

Metro 2033 is steamworks. Maybe they ran out of keys? Try contacting their support.

[quote name='sunghost']Metro 2033 is steamworks. Maybe they ran out of keys? Try contacting their support.[/QUOTE]

yeah i didnt get a key either, maybe they ran out of keys. hopefully it goes on sale at steam for 4.99

Thanks for the heads up, traded in my Commandos. Was looking for something to buy but didn't see anything. Will probably use the credit + coupon at some point this month though.

I didn't even know you could trade in games for direct credit. I thought they had to be traded when buying something new. So thanks for the heads up... got my $2 off Commandos.

I haven't seen anything yet to get from GMG though. The couple really good deals I see, I already own.

Got a reply to my Metro 2033 support ticket. Looks like we won't be getting keys until at least Monday. Oh well, I got the game for free anyways from trading in Commandos 3 and DEFCON. Still have another $10 credit from free games gotten over the past couple of years.

Hi,

We are very sorry to hear that you have not received your key for Metro 2033. This game has proved so popular that we have temporarily run out of keys.

Unfortunately, because it is the weekend, we will not be able to send you your key early next week. Rest assured that you will receive your key.

We understand your urgency to play your new game and we are sorry for any inconvenience.

Kind regards,
Green Man Gaming
Customer Service

Its really hurting their rep and sales, now a lot of people are staying away from them + it gave a lot of users a bad first experience. GMG should have done better.

[quote name='Larce80']Its really hurting their rep and sales, now a lot of people are staying away from them + it gave a lot of users a bad first experience. GMG should have done better.[/QUOTE]

Completely untrue. Amazon, Gamefly, and numerous other retailers and indie bundles have had problems with supply and demand in the past three months alone. Way to exaggerate, bro. :roll:

[quote name='Blade']Completely untrue. Amazon, Gamefly, and numerous other retailers and indie bundles have had problems with supply and demand in the past three months alone. Way to exaggerate, bro. :roll:[/QUOTE]

So, how long have you been working for GMG?

[quote name='Blade']Completely untrue. Amazon, Gamefly, and numerous other retailers and indie bundles have had problems with supply and demand in the past three months alone. Way to exaggerate, bro. :roll:[/QUOTE]

GMG does it on a regular basis.

I want to see GMG do well, but its really true and yes it does happen a lot. They should work on getting more keys before hand when they have good deals

Would anyone happen to know if the there will be additional games going on sale? I wasn't sure if what's on sale now is everything or they planned on adding additional games. Reason I ask is because I was kind of hoping to see Borderlands GOTY go on sale so I could use my credit.

I just got here, so I don't know if all ya'll got your codes already. If you need one though, I'm not going to use mine. First to PM gets it.

[quote name='SpiritualRemains']It's back.[/QUOTE]

I'm only seeing the more expensive of the two Guild Wars 2... is the $60 one back up yet and I'm just missin' it?

Today's deal is Quantum Conundrum (Steamworks) at 33% off for either regular or season pass.

Can be stacked with 20% off coupon and Commandos credit for even greater savings.

Very good deal today.

So on the whole 20% off code thing, you needed to get that free game that one day to do it, right? Damn, I didn't read the fine print and I saw that it didn't have a trade in value so I passed on it. Now it looks like that giveaway is over and with it the chance to get the 20% off code.

Oh well, I'll just wait until the Steam winter sale or something for Quantum Conundrum I guess. It's my own dumb fault for half assedly reading their email but it does seem like GMG is making their discounts complicated.

I have the following trade-in offers at GMG - good time to cash out or hang onto the games? I'm probably never going to play them.

Commandos 3: Destination Berlin - $2.00
Disciples II: Gold Edition - $3.00
Men of War: Red Tide - $3.00
NecroVisioN: Lost Company - $2.00
Tower Bloxx Deluxe - $2.00

[quote name='Motoki']So on the whole 20% off code thing, you needed to get that free game that one day to do it, right? Damn, I didn't read the fine print and I saw that it didn't have a trade in value so I passed on it. Now it looks like that giveaway is over and with it the chance to get the 20% off code.

Oh well, I'll just wait until the Steam winter sale or something for Quantum Conundrum I guess. It's my own dumb fault for half assedly reading their email but it does seem like GMG is making their discounts complicated.[/QUOTE]

Damn I guess I missed that too for the 20% off code was hoping to nab one for Quantum Conundrum too with the season pass. Oh well.

[quote name='inm8num2']I have the following trade-in offers at GMG - good time to cash out or hang onto the games? I'm probably never going to play them.

Commandos 3: Destination Berlin - $2.00
Disciples II: Gold Edition - $3.00
Men of War: Red Tide - $3.00
NecroVisioN: Lost Company - $2.00
Tower Bloxx Deluxe - $2.00[/QUOTE]

If you are not going to play them those all seem like pretty good values for free games. I've seen Necrovision and Commandos trade in for as little as 10 cents I think.

bread's done
Back