Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

The game itself doesn't have to be activated to trade it in. I've never played any of the free games I've gotten but have traded them in from my library both for direct credit at time of purchase (of another game) and as stored credit for a future purchase.

[quote name='Syntax Error']The game itself doesn't have to be activated to trade it in. I've never played any of the free games I've gotten but have traded them in from my library both for direct credit at time of purchase (of another game) and as stored credit for a future purchase.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, but what's to stop someone from trading something in then still playing it? There's got to be some phone home check to see if you still own the game before it lets you in otherwise the whole trade-in thing would be pointless and people would just buy games, trade them in for credit and still keep playing them.

[quote name='Motoki']Hmm, but what's to stop someone from trading something in then still playing it? There's got to be some phone home check to see if you still own the game before it lets you in otherwise the whole trade-in thing would be pointless and people would just buy games, trade them in for credit and still keep playing them.[/QUOTE]
Oh, I was under the impression that it had to be launched via Capsule and that effectively determined whether or not you could play it. Trade it in and it's removed from your Capsule library.

I'm just saying that you don't ever have to install it or use it to trade it in. Consequently, you don't have to ever install Capsule to trade the game in, you just can't play it.

[quote name='Syntax Error']Oh, I was under the impression that it had to be launched via Capsule and that effectively determined whether or not you could play it. Trade it in and it's removed from your Capsule library.

I'm just saying that you don't ever have to install it or use it to trade it in. Consequently, you don't have to ever install Capsule to trade the game in, you just can't play it.[/QUOTE]

Oh okay I see.

MysterD was commenting that other versions of Beyond Divinity were DRM free and this wasn't and I was just thinking that maybe all the (non-steam) GMG games need to have online activation DRM (if you play it) because of the whole trade in thing.

I'm not really sure how the whole thing works. To be honest this is the first time they gave away a game I actually want to play.

Anyway TL;DR I don't think GMG can do true DRM free because of trade ins but someone correct me if I'm wrong.

[quote name='Motoki']Oh okay I see.

MysterD was commenting that other versions of Beyond Divinity were DRM free and this wasn't and I was just thinking that maybe all the (non-steam) GMG games need to have online activation DRM (if you play it) because of the whole trade in thing.

I'm not really sure how the whole thing works. To be honest this is the first time they gave away a game I actually want to play.

Anyway TL;DR I don't think GMG can do true DRM free because of trade ins but someone correct me if I'm wrong.[/QUOTE]

That could be what it was - maybe it's GMG's DRM on top that wants the online activation.
Regardless, renaming GMG version's EXE (to Div_old.exe); then tossing in my DRM-FREE EXE (from Retail version of the game that I patched up to 1.49) over it worked!

I don't wanna sell this game back to GMG! I'm keeping their BD files for a MUCH easier install of the game (without using the Retail discs).
Retail install didn't work - didn't want to recognize disc 2. Had to copy Retail discs to HDD in same folder and then run the installer from that folder to install retail version.

They can't if it'll ever be eligible for trade-in.

In theory they could do a DRM-free game and just have it not be eligible (likewise, Steamworks games aren't eligible since they can't control your Steam account). But I'm sure they would rather nudge people into using their client and trade-ins are the carrot for that.

I've never bought anything from GMG, but always swung by and grabbed whatever freebies came along. I just took the 20% coupon and then traded in everything I could for another $11 and got Battlefield 3 Premium for $29. BAM!!!!

By the way, the 20% off codes are not only tied to your account, but they are one-time use only, even if you didn't buy what was in your cart. I wanted to see if they applied the 20% before or after applying any credit you had. The code doesn't work now, I didn't buy anything, I was just getting a total :/

[quote name='walkonshadows']By the way, the 20% off codes are not only tied to your account, but they are one-time use only, even if you didn't buy what was in your cart. I wanted to see if they applied the 20% before or after applying any credit you had. The code doesn't work now, I didn't buy anything, I was just getting a total :/[/QUOTE]

You should be able to use COSYO-UDIDN-TGET1. I believe that is a general use code not tied to any specific account. I would imagine it's 1 use per account though.

[quote name='walkonshadows']By the way, the 20% off codes are not only tied to your account, but they are one-time use only, even if you didn't buy what was in your cart. I wanted to see if they applied the 20% before or after applying any credit you had. The code doesn't work now, I didn't buy anything, I was just getting a total :/[/QUOTE]If you're talking to me, I first did the trade-ins (to see if it worked) then I used one of the codes I had. When applied, suddenly the total was $40. It didn't give any message that I couldn't use both, so I went and un/rechecked the trade-ins and the all came off w/o a problem. Paid, immediately got my code, slapped it into Origin and got my shooty on.

Look like LEGO Batman 2, Company of Heroes and Metro 2033 will be deals this weekend and stackable with the 20% voucher codes.

New deals up today - Tomb Raider series 75% off, batman Series 50% off.

Best deal is Deus Ex series 75% off.

So 7.49 for regular edition, if you have the voucher it is down to 5.99 and if you have any credit it can go down even lower.

Thinking of finally buying it for 3.99 after voucher and credit.

Well that thread title got my hopes up for some Beyond Divinity goodness. Can wiki posts not have their subject edited? Never bothered looking... I guess maybe I could be nosy now...

[quote name='dark_inchworm']Well that thread title got my hopes up for some Beyond Divinity goodness. Can wiki posts not have their subject edited? Never bothered looking... I guess maybe I could be nosy now...[/QUOTE]

I just tried and unless I totally missed the option somewhere it doesn't appear that you can, no.

Anybody know how long the universal 20% coupon code will work? Also, is there any timetable for how long the "winter sale" is supposed to last?

[quote name='The End']Anybody know how long the universal 20% coupon code will work? Also, is there any timetable for how long the "winter sale" is supposed to last?[/QUOTE]

All of the 20% off vouchers last until the end of the month. No idea how long their "winter" sale lasts.. I don't understand their seasonal sales lol. I wonder where they're based if they consider this "winter".

I think the "winter" part is just them trying to tweak Steam a bit. Seems like it's relatively good natured, though.

Thanks for the info on the 20% coupon.

[quote name='The End']Anybody know how long the universal 20% coupon code will work? Also, is there any timetable for how long the "winter sale" is supposed to last?[/QUOTE]

Don't know the answer to either, someone above said the code doesn't work anymore.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Don't know the answer to either, someone above said the code doesn't work anymore.[/QUOTE]

Well, someone in the Steam thread had no problems using the code a few minutes ago.. so I'm pretty sure it still works. Not sure why the other guy had problems with it.

Nutso, I wanted to use my free $5 credit on GMG for Human Revolution and I didn't see how to use it before the order went through. I didn't see a spot for the coupon code either. Bah. I submitted a help ticket.

I traded in some GMG games that I now also have from the Gamersgate 1C bundle, used up most of my existing credit, and with a couple of 20% codes I got:

• Metro 2033 (Steam)
  • Company of Heroes (Steam)
  • Deus Ex: Invisible War (GMG)
  • Tomb Raider: Anniversary (GMG)
Not a bad day's haul seeing as I didn't actually have to spend any real money...

Thinking about Darksiders, which is also Steam.

[quote name='pantsattack']Nutso, I wanted to use my free $5 credit on GMG for Human Revolution and I didn't see how to use it before the order went through. I didn't see a spot for the coupon code either. Bah. I submitted a help ticket.[/QUOTE]

Usually when I go to my cart to checkout there is a spot for "Vouchers" which is what those silly foreigners call a coupon, and then if you have credit there is a box that you can click that says "Use My Credit."

Getting Deus Ex myself.

[quote name='pantsattack']Nutso, I wanted to use my free $5 credit on GMG for Human Revolution and I didn't see how to use it before the order went through. I didn't see a spot for the coupon code either. Bah. I submitted a help ticket.[/QUOTE]

It seems they just acknowledged on Twitter to having issues with the checkout page and voucher box, so hopefully with that, you'll have a bit of luck in getting some credit back or help with your purchase.

https://twitter.com/GreenManGaming/status/226355561816526848
https://twitter.com/GreenManGaming/status/226358640922210304

[quote name='dark_inchworm']Well that thread title got my hopes up for some Beyond Divinity goodness. Can wiki posts not have their subject edited? Never bothered looking... I guess maybe I could be nosy now...[/QUOTE]
Hey sorry about that, I will try to address how that happens. As you mentioned, the subject line cannot be edited on Wiki posts so I have to manually update. Each morning before I head to the gym I try to check out and post the deals. When they have really good, specific deals on a regular basis this is much easier to do. When they have a couple days in between decent deals I tend to get a little lax on this but the bigger issue is when they have lots of miscellaneous deals. On days when they have many deals going on, a lot of them are crap but I still have to parse through everything to find the best deals, get the links, post the prices and then any relevant voucher codes. After all of that is added I then have to decide what would be the best deal to put in the subject given the limited space.

While I understand it would be nice if the subject line could be edited, the OP is VERY rarely edited by anyone other than myself. It would be extremely helpful if people could help out with updating the OP on the times I miss stuff. I am subscribed to email updates for this thread so if someone posts after they update the OP I can try to make a larger effort to change the subject line sooner.

Got it for $1 after trading in the free copy of Commandos 3 that I got at one point. (Already have that game on Steam, so didn't need it anymore.)

[quote name='Monroeski']How much longer is the The Last Remnant deal going? The counter isn't loading for me.[/QUOTE]
Assuming it is like previous dailies it would be good until 5am EDT tomorrow.

Green Man Gaming to sell boxed PC and console games

Digital shop Green Man Gaming is now selling boxed PC and console games.

It's offering pre-orders on Darksiders 2 or Sleeping Dogs on PC boxed for £19.99 and on console for £29.99 as part of a new sale to mark the expansion. This offer runs from Friday 27th July to Thursday 2nd August.

Other games in the promotion include Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Borderlands 2, Hitman Absolution and Guild Wars 2.

GMG has over 1100 games from 100 publishers available to download. It recently merged with the gaming social network Playfire.

The sale of boxed games will be available in the UK first, but GMG plans to roll out the service elsewhere over time.

GMG boss Paul Sulyok said: "With more than £1.4bn spent annually in the UK alone on boxed games product, we believe there's room for an agile, ambitious E-commerce retailer like GMG to provide this service in the UK and beyond."

I just bought Last Remnant on GMG last night after hours of watching videos and reviews and debating if I want it or not for $8.99 :(

Should have waited til the morning...

[quote name='rybrad']The Last Remnant $3.74 (Steamworks) should stack with voucher codes.[/QUOTE]

So it won't let me checkout, my card keeps getting declined but works fine everywhere else... any ideas? This is my first time using GMG

[quote name='abhinav']So it won't let me checkout, my card keeps getting declined but works fine everywhere else... any ideas? This is my first time using GMG[/QUOTE]

GMG is an International place in London, UK.

So, expect issues.

Talk to your bank or credit card company and tell them to authorize it.
Hopefully, they will.

Though, chances are, you might also get a call VERY soon from your bank or CC company about this transaction that got rejected...

For gods sake, don't buy TLR. I played it on the 360 years ago. It's one of those games that you play and realize you will never get that time back. Seriously, it's absolutely terrible. I tend to like JRPG's but this is horrible.

[quote name='Blaster man']For gods sake, don't buy TLR. I played it on the 360 years ago. It's one of those games that you play and realize you will never get that time back. Seriously, it's absolutely terrible. I tend to like JRPG's but this is horrible.[/QUOTE]
It sounds like the PC version received significant changes (improvements?) from the 360 version.

http://lastremnant.wikia.com/wiki/Differences_between_Xbox_360_and_PC_versions

[quote name='Woocls']I read that too. I liked it but the random slow-downs were killing me. I even installed it (which helped some) and it was still too much for me. If this will run smooth I'd love to play through it.[/QUOTE]
Steam has a demo so you can give it a go on there.

[quote name='abhinav']So it won't let me checkout, my card keeps getting declined but works fine everywhere else... any ideas? This is my first time using GMG[/QUOTE]

I always forget how I pay them. Use paypal it works just fine. You might get hit with a small fee though.

bread's done
Back