Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

[quote name='Blaster man']I did a HDD install. I'm not even talking about technical problems, I mean th game, story, etc. it's a terrible JRPG.[/QUOTE]
The link I posted seems to have significant gameplay changes that are not related to technical problems. While this obviously does not address any story issues it does look like changes have been made between versions. Perhaps someone who has played both can chime in.

It would also be helpful for others if you could provide more specific examples of things you did not like. Chances are those may not be negatives to some people and can help them make a better buying decision.

[quote name='Blaster man']I did a HDD install. I'm not even talking about technical problems, I mean th game, story, etc. it's a terrible JRPG.[/QUOTE]
100% agree, I'm a avid jrpg player and this has got to be one the worst jrpgs ever, I wanna pull the main character from the screen and choke him for whining too much >_> makes hope from FFXIII tolerable when compared.

Well, now I wish I had gotten all my voucher codes GMG was supposed to give me. Already used the "free" one and they only let you use it once.

C'est la vie.

Meh, I've been curious about this game for a while and I still had a $5 credit from that free game they gave away a couple months ago. So for free, why not? Thanks to whoever pointed this deal out. :)

[quote name='lifeiskewl']100% agree, I'm a avid jrpg player and this has got to be one the worst jrpgs ever, I wanna pull the main character from the screen and choke him for whining too much >_> makes hope from FFXIII tolerable when compared.[/QUOTE]

Yep, FF13 is a masterpiece compared to TLR. Not only is the protagonist the stereotypical whiny boy, the American voice acting is atrocious and the story could be taken out of a book titled "typical JRPG tropes". The equipment system is fucking terrible. You can't even equip the other characters, it has a certain random loot grinding nature to it. You have to fight in the same area for hours in hopes of some rare monster spawns while the character that can equip the item it drops is in your party. And even then, be ready to rage because it may drop the new gear after hours of trying to get it to spawn and you have the character in your party and he doesn't ask if he can have it for some unknown random reason that is not well explained. Also, the side quests are boring as shit and there are probably a hundred hours of repeating the same dungeons with a new door that opened up for the quests.

I guess what I'm trying to say here is that while $3 isnt much money, this game is so bad that you shouldn't play it at any price. You would have a more enjoyable experience playing almost any other game.

If you get this anyway, use an online guide through the entire game, it will save you from hitting your PC with a ball bat when you realize you have to start over if you want the good shit that you missed since every fucking thing is a one time chance per game.

[quote name='MysterD']GMG is an International place in London, UK.

So, expect issues.

Talk to your bank or credit card company and tell them to authorize it.
Hopefully, they will.

Though, chances are, you might also get a call VERY soon from your bank or CC company about this transaction that got rejected...[/QUOTE]

That's what happened to me! They rejected my credit card, saying something about "check your address and try again", so I retried (making sure that I typed everything perfectly this time) with no luck. I get an email from Citi about ten minutes later telling me to call their security hotline about possible fraud. Fun!

In the end, I had to use my bank's debit card to get the order to go through. At least now I know why all of that happened.

[quote name='rybrad']New code, this one can be used multiple times, does not stack with other codes:
PARTP-ALCNO-TIESU[/QUOTE]

So have you played it yet? I'd like to see what some folks here that just bought it think about it. Though I admit that you really have to get a few hours into the game to really understand how bad it is.

Got TLR even though I have it for the Xbox (have yet to even play it there). I'm addicted to PC gaming so I'm more likely to play it on the PC than the Xbox, which is perfect.

[quote name='Blaster man']So have you played it yet? I'd like to see what some folks here that just bought it think about it. Though I admit that you really have to get a few hours into the game to really understand how bad it is.[/QUOTE]
I have not. My questions earlier were mainly me being devil's advocate to get some more information for interested people. I think your follow-up post contained much more valuable info that can help people with a decision.

what a terrible website, I click on the basket button, it just refreshes the main page and doesn't take me to basket.

Its literally impossible to remove items from your basket as well

I traded in commandos 3 which i got free a couple months back for $2, used the coupon on last remnant, checked out with paypal. BOOM $1 square game on steam. :applause:

Gonna pick up Last Remnant. This will be the first thing that I ever buy on GMG. I understand there is some sort of referral thing that nets the referrer & the referee come cash back. Is there some sort of specific link that I should be clicking on to get the referral? I partially initiated an account creation earlier this afternoon by clicking on the link that Pinkgun gave to the page with Last Remnant. Would that have counted as a referral? If not, I could always just create a new account.

Also, is it just the initial $2 a piece (or whatever the amount is) for the referral? Lastly, just to be sure, the person who referees somebody won't be privy to any personal info of the referee, will he? Having them know my name wouldn't be a deal breaker, but if it gets any more than that I'd have to pass.

[quote name='kratier']what a terrible website, I click on the basket button, it just refreshes the main page and doesn't take me to basket.

Its literally impossible to remove items from your basket as well[/QUOTE]

Same for me. It's super-frustrating

Does anyone have some spare credit on GMG? I'm willing to trade a copy of Bastion (tradable) for a key for The Last Remnant, you can get it for $3 if you use a voucher code and if you already have credit in there you could then score a free Bastion :p

Please PM me if interested.

edit; got it, no need for it anymore guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kratier']what a terrible website, I click on the basket button, it just refreshes the main page and doesn't take me to basket.

Its literally impossible to remove items from your basket as well[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me. Tried 3 web browsers and eventually it worked. Then I finally get to check out and my bank is closed and my card won't authorize. I have a Prepaid AMEX, but the website shows they won't take that either.

Basically just posted the same thing on GAF, but glad I wasn't the only one with issues so I feel less stupid.

Too many hoops to jump through even if some of them aren't the websites fault. Why couldn't this just be 3 bucks during Summer Sale?

Maybe they're out of keys. I sure hope not, I'm finally getting around to buying right now. If i could only get somebody to answer my question about referrals.

[quote name='The End']Gonna pick up Last Remnant. This will be the first thing that I ever buy on GMG. I understand there is some sort of referral thing that nets the referrer & the referee come cash back. Is there some sort of specific link that I should be clicking on to get the referral? I partially initiated an account creation earlier this afternoon by clicking on the link that Pinkgun gave to the page with Last Remnant. Would that have counted as a referral? If not, I could always just create a new account.

Also, is it just the initial $2 a piece (or whatever the amount is) for the referral? Lastly, just to be sure, the person who referees somebody won't be privy to any personal info of the referee, will he? Having them know my name wouldn't be a deal breaker, but if it gets any more than that I'd have to pass.[/QUOTE]
A lot of people have referral links in their sigs. Just click on of those and then signup for an account. After you make a purchase you will both receive a $2 credit. No information is shared except the usernames of who referred who.

[quote name='rybrad']A lot of people have referral links in their sigs. Just click on of those and then signup for an account. After you make a purchase you will both receive a $2 credit. No information is shared except the usernames of who referred who.[/QUOTE]

OK, man, thanks for the reply. Just for that, (and as a reward for maintaining this thread) I'll use your link.

Here's hoping they've fixed the shopping cart problem and I actually get to buy Last Remnant tonight. *Crosses Fingers*

EDIT: I'm running into the same problem with not being able to add it to my cart. Crap.

SECOND EDIT: Oops, I had forgotten to verify my email address. Once I did so, I was able to add it to my cart. Wahooo. :D

I was just able to buy after verifying my email address. Is it possible that you never verified your email address sunasun? You said up above that you only have free stuff from GMG.

[quote name='The End']I was just able to buy after verifying my email address. Is it possible that you never verified your email address sunasun? You said up above that you only have free stuff from GMG.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, The End, feel like a dumbass. I've been on there for 6 months and never verified my email. lol :dunce:

[quote name='sunasun']Thanks, The End, feel like a dumbass. I've been on there for 6 months and never verified my email. lol :dunce:[/QUOTE]

I wonder how many people have the same issue? Seems like this payment issue always pops up. When GMG announced their first free game I was so excited to get it I forgot to go through a referral link :( So I missed out on the referral credit. I did verify though and I pay with paypal and never had any issue with the site.

[quote name='MysterD']GMG is an International place in London, UK.

So, expect issues.

Talk to your bank or credit card company and tell them to authorize it.
Hopefully, they will.

Though, chances are, you might also get a call VERY soon from your bank or CC company about this transaction that got rejected...[/QUOTE]

Yup they called, I told them to let the order go through and I got the game. Woohoo $3 for The Last Remnant.

.... TLR $3

It can't be that bad. I've heard good things about it.

Anyone else with input? I don't care about the money as much as the frustration if it's a horrible game.

This is my first purchase from GMG... I checked out with PayPal. As soon as I confirmed the transaction on PayPal, it took me to an error page on GMG. I checked PayPal and GMG charged me, but no game has showed up on my GMG account. It's been 15 minutes now.

Is this normal with GMG? Certainly isn't giving me a good first impression...

[quote name='Viper45']This is my first purchase from GMG... I checked out with PayPal. As soon as I confirmed the transaction on PayPal, it took me to an error page on GMG. I checked PayPal and GMG charged me, but no game has showed up on my GMG account. It's been 15 minutes now.

Is this normal with GMG? Certainly isn't giving me a good first impression...[/QUOTE]
Definitely not normal. If you have a charge in your Paypal I would go ahead and contact their support team. They should be able to get a key for you.

Two credit cards and Paypal and I can't get my order to process. Not ideal payment options on this site.

edit : I could never get a payment authorized, but it turns out I had two accounts, both with a free copy of Disciples II Gold. I used the coupon code and traded in one copy for $3 and ended up getting the game for free anyway. That worked out okay, but man is their site frustrating.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I wonder how many people have the same issue? Seems like this payment issue always pops up. When GMG announced their first free game I was so excited to get it I forgot to go through a referral link :( So I missed out on the referral credit. I did verify though and I pay with paypal and never had any issue with the site.[/QUOTE]
I didn't know about their referral credit when I signed up. :cry: Was able to buy TLR with a prepaid Walmart card. I got tired of credit card numbers with large limits getting stolen so now if they do, well let them reload the damn thing. lol

[quote name='gnargnargnar']Hrm, $32 for a pre-order steam copy of Dark Souls with the code.[/QUOTE]

Wait, what? They are distributing Steam keys for it elsewhere? Why the hell did they even bother with GFWL then?

[quote name='Motoki']Wait, what? They are distributing Steam keys for it elsewhere? Why the hell did they even bother with GFWL then?[/QUOTE]

That's what I thought. I really wasn't expecting to see 'Steam Required' when I clicked the link. But sure enough, there it was.

[quote name='Viper45']This is my first purchase from GMG... I checked out with PayPal. As soon as I confirmed the transaction on PayPal, it took me to an error page on GMG. I checked PayPal and GMG charged me, but no game has showed up on my GMG account. It's been 15 minutes now.

Is this normal with GMG? Certainly isn't giving me a good first impression...[/QUOTE]

If they charged you then check your 'my games' or 'keys' under your account. Should have it listed, or alternatively check your email cause they mail out the keys to the email you registered with.

[quote name='dejeckt']If they charged you then check your 'my games' or 'keys' under your account. Should have it listed, or alternatively check your email cause they mail out the keys to the email you registered with.[/QUOTE]

Nothing in my games list, keys, or email. I shot their support a message like Rybrad suggested. I took a quick look on GMG's forums and found that this has happened to quite a few people in the last couple weeks.

I guess if you're planning to pick this deal up (or anything from GMG), be aware they might "forget" to send you your game. :???:

[quote name='Viper45']Nothing in my games list, keys, or email. I shot their support a message like Rybrad suggested. I took a quick look on GMG's forums and found that this has happened to quite a few people in the last couple weeks.

I guess if you're planning to pick this deal up (or anything from GMG), be aware they might "forget" to send you your game. :???:[/QUOTE]

Well that turned out better than expected. GMG already solved the issue, and not only did they give me a full refund, they gave me $5 credit so I can re-buy the ($3) game for free. :)

You win this time, GMG. ;)

FWIW, I really enjoyed playing TLR a few years ago on my 360. It's definitely a unique game and you can really screw (or get screwed by) the balance, but easily worth playing if you're into this type of game, IMO.

[quote name='gunstar808']Grabbed Darksiders and Last Remnant for $1.99 after voucher and free game trade ins.

+2 to steam library![/QUOTE]

Same. I bought Last Remnant on 360 but it's unplayable during battles as the game turns into a slideshow even when installed. Heard PC version was much better.

GMG does have its fair share of payment hiccups but I think their customer support usually makes up for it. Steam on the other hand...ugh, wait a week only to get a copy pasted answer that doesn't even relate to the question.

Oh and great deal, not one of the best RPGs out there, but for $3.74 or less with a discount, it should give you plenty of enjoyment...hopefully :)

Looks like I missed out. It was one I wanted but I can hold off until it goes on sale somewhere else. I, now, have a massive backlog thanks to the Steam Summer Sale.

[quote name='Angelwatch']Looks like I missed out. It was one I wanted but I can hold off until it goes on sale somewhere else. I, now, have a massive backlog thanks to the Steam Summer Sale.[/QUOTE]
You could still pick it up for $7.20 with the voucher code if you are that interested.

bread's done
Back