Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

[quote name='rybrad']I bet they will have more keys Wednesday after the launch is over and that still leaves a couple days for the voucher to work. That being said, it is certainly fun enough to snag now on Amazon and start playing if you can ignore some of the issues they are having (guilds, trading post, overflow grouping, etc. are all busted to varying degrees).[/QUOTE]

I posted on GMG's Facebook page asking when GW2 keys would be restocked so I think I'll wait for their reply before taking the plunge anywhere else. Still need to finish Sleeping Dogs, have achievements to clean up in Darksiders II and Transformers:FoC and have barely started Last Story so there's no real rush I suppose. It's just hard for me to resist any new game I have even the slightest interest in. I guess there are worse addictions. :D

I got an email from them hours ago saying that I could go download GW2 at the link provided but the spot for the key was missing. I logged into the site and it wasnt there either. Then my son checked his email and the key was in the email and on the site. Something up. Anyone else have this happen?

I bought Mass Effect this morning, but there is no key listed for it in my account and Capsule refuses to download it because:

"MF002: There seems to be a problem connecting to the server, so we are unable to obtain the information for this game. Please try again later. If the problem persists, please submit a support ticket at http://www.greenmangaming.com/support/"

I can download other games with Capsule just fine, so it's not a client problem. Does anyone know if they are out of keys?

Man, I have Dishonored for PC pre-ordered on NewEgg for $45. Basically they will ship me a box with a code, when all I need is the code. Won't arrive until that Friday.

But for $3 more I can have it Tuesday AM with GMG through Steam....hmm...

[quote name='Bizzquik']Man, I have Dishonored for PC pre-ordered on NewEgg for $45. Basically they will ship me a box with a code, when all I need is the code. Won't arrive until that Friday.

But for $3 more I can have it Tuesday AM with GMG through Steam....hmm...[/QUOTE]
Probably worth the $3, go for it.

[quote name='Bizzquik']Man, I have Dishonored for PC pre-ordered on NewEgg for $45. Basically they will ship me a box with a code, when all I need is the code. Won't arrive until that Friday.

But for $3 more I can have it Tuesday AM with GMG through Steam....hmm...[/QUOTE]

I want Dishonored but I have a feeling it will hit less than $40 through sales/vouchers before release. Gonna hold out and see what happens in September.

Gobliins Trilogy is now able to be traded in for $2.00, a profit of $1.01 for those who picked it up for $0.99 with the purpose of just trading it in for more.

Thanks, Motoki. ;)

[quote name='rybrad']New codes for labor day weekend:

25% off any game with voucher code GMG25-LABOR-DAYGO , good until September 2.

30% off Sleeping Dogs or Darksiders 2 with voucher code GMG30-916H7-0TG16 , good until September 2.[/QUOTE]

doesn't work on borderlands 2 says voucher code invalid... yes im using the daygo one.

edit: heres why "We notice that it’s almost Labor Day in the USA! To mark this, from 1100 UTC September 2nd (and not a moment before) until 1100 UTC September 4th you can get 25% off of anything with GMG25-LABOR-DAYGO"

[quote name='retrad']doesn't work on borderlands 2 says voucher code invalid... yes im using the daygo one.

edit: heres why "We notice that it’s almost Labor Day in the USA! To mark this, from 1100 UTC September 2nd (and not a moment before) until 1100 UTC September 4th you can get 25% off of anything with GMG25-LABOR-DAYGO"[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the heads-up, looks like they changed the wording and details. OP updated to reflect changes.

Anyone know if they'll get anymore GW2 keys in time to use the promo code? (or know of another digital retailer selling keys kinda cheap too?)

[quote name='BGriffith']Anyone know if they'll get anymore GW2 keys in time to use the promo code? (or know of another digital retailer selling keys kinda cheap too?)[/QUOTE]

Since nearly everybody is out of keys for the standard edition, I doubt we'll see any restocks until after the promo is over.

was thinking of getting battlefield premium with the 25% off coupon. is $37.50 a good price for it or should I wait for a better coupon?

Bought Borderlands 2 using Ops link and then bought Dawnguard using the $2 credit and 25% off for $13.

I wouldn't have paid $20 but I can live with $13

Seriously fuck this website so hard. I remember why I stopped using them... because they never accept my Paypal because the emails don't match; but for some stupid reason, it gives me an error if I try to change my email.

So I'll use a CC; but just like it did six months ago when I tried to give them another chance, my card flags them as fradulant. So... No Paypal. No USBank. No Citi. And no local bank Visa.

Blarg. I want that $37.50 BL2!

[quote name='retrad']Bought Borderlands 2 using Ops link and then bought Dawnguard using the $2 credit and 25% off for $13.

I wouldn't have paid $20 but I can live with $13[/QUOTE]

Wait. You used the code twice? Can someone explain?

[quote name='sleeping_lights_on']Wait. You used the code twice? Can someone explain?[/QUOTE]

Nah, you're misreading. He used the OP's referral link to get $2.00 of credit when he purchased more than $2.00, and then afterwards used the 25% off code and the $2.00 credit to purchase the game he wanted.

[quote name='sleeping_lights_on']Wait. You used the code twice? Can someone explain?[/QUOTE]

you type the code in once and checkout... then you type it in again and checkout... i know its super hard but i have faith in you!

BTW, Sniper GW is worth 3 bucks in trade in now. I think I'll take advantage of that when I pick up BL2.

[quote name='Severose']Gobliins Trilogy is now able to be traded in for $2.00, a profit of $1.01 for those who picked it up for $0.99 with the purpose of just trading it in for more.

Thanks, Motoki. ;)[/QUOTE]

I actually ended up trading Goblins in + the 25% off code and got Total War Battles: Shogun for $4.

It's a fun little game if you want to play a board-game like Strategy game but want something more casual and easy to get into and not super complicated. There's no multiplayer though. I don't normally play multiplayer but it seemed on odd omission from this sort of game.

Also, if you buy it they give you a free code for the Total War: Shogun Fall of the Samurai Sendai Clan DLC.

Are you guys seriously tempting me to buy games for potential trade in value? How can you bank on it when most things say this game cannot be traded in when you buy?

[quote name='pantsattack']Are you guys seriously tempting me to buy games for potential trade in value? How can you bank on it when most things say this game cannot be traded in when you buy?[/QUOTE]

Well the Steam stuff is always not able to be traded in for obvious reasons so it only applies to the non-steam stuff, but when you see something not redeemable on Steam that's super cheap most likely the trade in value will go up later when it's not on sale.

Not sure if it is an error or it just isn't live yet but in Hot Deals it shows another 25% OFF voucher that expires September 10. The code is GMG25-1BW0K-K1A3

[quote name='Orgymang']Not sure if it is an error or it just isn't live yet but in Hot Deals it shows another 25% OFF voucher that expires September 10. The code is GMG25-1BW0K-K1A3[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the heads up, will inquire about it and see what they say.

Also looks like there is a Sleeping Dogs code, this might be the time I cave.

Sleeping Dogs $34.99 (Steamworks) with voucher code SDOGS-E1V8A-9R1HX

I posted a message on their forums about the 25% OFF voucher. They accidentally left off a character. The code is GMG25-1BW0K-K1A3G and is good for 25% OFF digital downloads through September 10th.

[quote name='Orgymang']I posted a message on their forums about the 25% OFF voucher. They accidentally left off a character. The code is GMG25-1BW0K-K1A3G and is good for 25% OFF digital downloads through September 10th.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the info, OP has been updated.

[quote name='Orgymang']Not sure if it is an error or it just isn't live yet but in Hot Deals it shows another 25% OFF voucher that expires September 10. The code is GMG25-1BW0K-K1A3[/QUOTE]
I hope GMG gets the Borderlands Season Pass before then. I'd sure love to get it for 25% off.

Wow, so I just bought Rijn the Specpyre in... Manor of the Damned! because it was less than one dollar with the 25% of coupon. At checkout, entered the code, explicitly deselected all boxes to trade in games I own, made sure to select to use my existing credit.

Then, I check out, and it automatically traded in two of my $0.50 valued games despite that not being necessary since I had enough credit to cover the game.

Seriously, second time GMG checkout has screwed something up. I'm not going to bother contacting them, but just be careful, guys. Even when you choose to NOT trade in your games, it might still glitch.

Funny thing is I almost took a screenshot before clicking "checkout" just to verify I hadn't checked any trade-in boxes.

Each of those games might have been worth $2 later on, so I lose $3 potential credit ($1.50 extra per game on top of $0.50 I got).

I do not trust GMG at all after these two screw ups on their end.

[quote name='inm8num2']Wow, so I just bought Rijn the Specpyre in... Manor of the Damned! because it was less than one dollar with the 25% of coupon. At checkout, entered the code, explicitly deselected all boxes to trade in games I own, made sure to select to use my existing credit.

Then, I check out, and it automatically traded in two of my $0.50 valued games despite that not being necessary since I had enough credit to cover the game.

Seriously, second time GMG checkout has screwed something up. I'm not going to bother contacting them, but just be careful, guys. Even when you choose to NOT trade in your games, it might still glitch.

Funny thing is I almost took a screenshot before clicking "checkout" just to verify I hadn't checked any trade-in boxes.

Each of those games might have been worth $2 later on, so I lose $3 potential credit ($1.50 extra per game on top of $0.50 I got).[/QUOTE]

I think when that happened to others they emailed CS and they added those games back to their account. You should do the same.

Ugh lol not again. I can't even remember the second game they took. One of them was Hacker Evolution: Untold.

edit - the other one was UFO: Aftermath

Okay, to support I go. Pretty soon those guys are going to know who I am on a first name basis.

Same thing happened to me. Support won't be able to give you the games back but they will probably credit you enough to buy the games back at their current sale price which is $1.99 each.

I see, thanks. Hopefully they do something.

Ugh, I just don't know why I have rotten luck with their checkout. I'm extremely cautious when using it. The problem is if you do something like enter a code, the page resets and it checks all the boxes for trading in again. I'd describe it as "glitchy by design".

[quote name='inm8num2']Received credit equal to the cost of the games. Quick response, too.[/QUOTE]

Glad to hear this one worked out a little better for you.

bread's done
Back