Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

Not too big of a deal but you can save another $1.50 off Borderlands 2 today. It's on sale for $47.99 and the 25% voucher will stack with it. So Borderlands 2 will be $36.

[quote name='Orgymang']Not too big of a deal but you can save another $1.50 off Borderlands 2 today. It's on sale for $47.99 and the 25% voucher will stack with it. So Borderlands 2 will be $36.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads-up, I know a lot of CAGs will appreciate this. $1.50 is a deal breaker/maker with regard to pre-order discounts. ;)

[quote name='Severose']Thanks for the heads-up, I know a lot of CAGs will appreciate this. $1.50 is a deal breaker/maker with regard to pre-order discounts. ;)[/QUOTE]

I think this is the best price its been period other than doing an Amazon 4 pack, so it is pretty great deal on a pre-order with pre-order goodies!

I want to buy the PC version of Borderlands 2 so badly but I really want LOCAL coop.

I do not know what to do. I want the superior PC version but at the same time would rather have splitscreen and so I am tempted to pay full price on the 360 version.

Stupid lack of splitscreen support....

[quote name='BrolyB593']I want to buy the PC version of Borderlands 2 so badly but I really want LOCAL coop.

I do not know what to do. I want the superior PC version but at the same time would rather have splitscreen and so I am tempted to pay full price on the 360 version.

Stupid lack of splitscreen support....[/QUOTE]
you need to weight your options, how often will you be playing split screen? i would give that up in exchange for a a better experience gameplay wise ( 60 or more frames if you play with vsync off ) you could choose between M/K combo or gamepad and obviously the OHHHHHHH so great graphical fidelity

[quote name='BrolyB593']I want to buy the PC version of Borderlands 2 so badly but I really want LOCAL coop.

You could always buy it on PC, and then wait for a deal on the 360 version. Yes it requires buying it twice, but if you plan on playing with friends, you could always have your friends pay for part of it.

It's kinda sad, I now have devoted Sleeping Dogs as a second job. I have to come home from work and play Sleeping Dogs so I can beat it before Borderlands 2 comes out, lol.

Man, you missed the Microsoft store deal. They had BL2 pre order for $60 but you got a $10 MS Store coupon AND 1600 MSP with pre order. But they sold out of it already I think :(

[quote name='rybrad']Looks like XCOM is available for pre-order now but the voucher code is not working, not sure if that is a bug or intended.

XCOM: Enemy Unknown $49.99 (Steamworks)[/QUOTE]

Awesome! Will definitely use the code on this one if anyone is able to confirm it works. Hopefully just a temporary bug.

[quote name='mkaliaz']Awesome! Will definitely use the code on this one if anyone is able to confirm it works. Hopefully just a temporary bug.[/QUOTE]
I have inquired but haven't heard back yet. I certainly hope it is a bug as this is the last game I want to buy for the year!

[quote name='rybrad']I have inquired but haven't heard back yet. I certainly hope it is a bug as this is the last game I want to buy for the year![/QUOTE]

the code seems to be working now

[quote name='pROvIs']I wish they would get more GW2 copies in stock[/QUOTE]

I am glad I caved and got the Digital Deluxe at Gamefly for $60.

I have been loving the game.

I hope they get it in soon too then however so that others can enjoy this great game!

Now if only Borderlands 2 would get splitscreen PC support like I said above I will be a happy camper haha

[quote name='Bilbo1']the code seems to be working now[/QUOTE]
Are you in Europe? Just noticed this on the NA version page...

[quote name='"GMG"']Vouchers not valid on this product.[/quote]
Pretty lame as I passed on getting this during the Gamefly 20% off sale because I like to give business to GMG.

Edit: I am incredibly annoyed by this, anyone still wanting to pre-order you can get it at Amazon for $44.99 and not have to worry about any key issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='rybrad']Are you in Europe? Just noticed this on the NA version page...

Pretty lame as I passed on getting this during the Gamefly 20% off sale because I like to give business to GMG.

Edit: I am incredibly annoyed by this, anyone still wanting to pre-order you can get it at Amazon for $44.99 and not have to worry about any key issues.[/QUOTE]

yes europe

here is a screenshot

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

[quote name='rybrad']Are you in Europe? Just noticed this on the NA version page...

Edit: I am incredibly annoyed by this, anyone still wanting to pre-order you can get it at Amazon for $44.99 and not have to worry about any key issues.[/QUOTE]

Since you mentioned key issues, I REALLY hope they have their stuff together for the BL2 release. After the backlash over Sleeping Dogs, they will really take some heat if it happens again with such a huge title.

[quote name='Killbomb']Since you mentioned key issues, I REALLY hope they have their stuff together for the BL2 release. After the backlash over Sleeping Dogs, they will really take some heat if it happens again with such a huge title.[/QUOTE]
I can usually look the other way on this stuff considering the price but when they are not competing on price then there is really no reason to use GMG, unfortunate but true.

[quote name='shaggyc']Anyone know how long the 36 dollar price is good for borderlands... Don't think I can say no to that one.[/QUOTE]
Coupon is good until the 10th.

Looks like they are offering a trade-in bonus for XCOM on those free games they gave out awhile ago. The trade-in brings the price down to $37.99 which is close to the voucher price. This obviously won't work for everyone but if you still have one of the free games, log into your account and check the banner on the homepage.

Also, weekend deals but nothing noteworthy really: http://www.greenmangaming.com/september-savers-60/

[quote name='Coraanu']Battlefield 3 Premium (expansions only) is also available for $37.50 after the voucher.[/QUOTE]

Don't ever post about this on the Battlelog forums. I know this isn't really the right place to say this but I'm just trying to get my message out there. I posted about the 25% off voucher on Battlelog on 9/4 and the result was that my account was banned on 9/6 and I can no longer play BF3. The live chat rep said I was banned because GMG is not a legit website, which we all know to be untrue.

They like having control over the prices for their games eh. I won't be making any further purchases from them if their practice is to ban people from their games.

[quote name='Cpt.Jeff']They like having control over the prices for their games eh. I won't be making any further purchases from them if their practice is to ban people from their games.[/QUOTE]
Good choice, myself and several friends quit buying EA games last year (even ones I really wanted like ME3). The only way to get these idiotic anti-consumer practices changed is to quit giving them money. Once you get past the hype of any given game it is pretty easy to realize you can live without it and there is plenty of other stuff to play.

Hopefully some of the news sites pick up on this and Orgymang can provide screenshots and the like to them.

[quote name='Cpt.Jeff']They like having control over the prices for their games eh. I won't be making any further purchases from them if their practice is to ban people from their games.[/QUOTE]

It is definitely stupid that they would ban me just for posting about a deal but the strange thing is when I did a search on Battlelog, I came across other people posting deals from GMG who didn't get banned. So, I really don't understand why I was being singled out.

I don't think it will matter much but I started sending out e-mails to some gaming blog websites such as Kotaku and Joystiq to see if they can help me get this resolved. I do know I will never purchase another EA game unless this is resolved and I receive some type of compensation.

[quote name='Orgymang']It is definitely stupid that they would ban me just for posting about a deal but the strange thing is when I did a search on Battlelog, I came across other people posting deals from GMG who didn't get banned. So, I really don't understand why I was being singled out.

I don't think it will matter much but I started sending out e-mails to some gaming blog websites such as Kotaku and Joystiq to see if they can help me get this resolved. I do know I will never purchase another EA game unless this is resolved and I receive some type of compensation.[/QUOTE]
Make sure and send something to RPS, they are pretty good about looking into these things.

I have been gaming for 22 years now and I have never seen such bs as I have seen the last 2-3 years. This digital age is very nice and convenient but opens up lots of problems and this is one of them. I feel sad for the future of gaming. I feel like just getting Torchlight 2 and pulling the plug on this damn hobby.

Although The Last of Us looks ridiculously awesome.

Edit - People that complain about these practices need to back it up. Gamers cave in so easily its pathetic. Actions speak louder than words. Don't complain on the forums and then go on to say that your getting it anyway but you don't like it. You aren't keeping things status quo, because these practices will continue to worsen and make things for consumers cost more and become way more inconvenient. Things will either get better or get worse. Choose the devs/publishers or yourself. This is directed at everyone in general.

Yeah, I would definitely escalate it as it seems whoever banned you is clueless.

On a side note, I actually have been wanting Rockin Dead for a while and I don't think it is on steam. After coupon GMG has it for $2.99 with a $2 trade in value... almost thinking about taking the plunge.

[quote name='Orgymang']Don't ever post about this on the Battlelog forums. I know this isn't really the right place to say this but I'm just trying to get my message out there. I posted about the 25% off voucher on Battlelog on 9/4 and the result was that my account was banned on 9/6 and I can no longer play BF3. The live chat rep said I was banned because GMG is not a legit website, which we all know to be untrue.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Outinthedark in the Steam thread yesterday']Bought off a CAG who bought it off of GMG. They replaced the key because it was revoked from my account by the publisher so says Steam support. I highly doubt it was due to activation given the explanation given to me by Steam support. However, no additional information from 2K regarding it. They wont even acknowledge GMG as a legitimate retailer.[/QUOTE]

Both EA and 2K are saying GMG aren't legit now..? :whistle2:#

I can't get the stupid site to shut up and take my money. I guess they don't want it. I tried paypal and the payment request comes up blank. I tried my CC and I kept getting a "there was an error your cc has not been charged." So much for GMG.

[quote name='rybrad']I can usually look the other way on this stuff considering the price but when they are not competing on price then there is really no reason to use GMG, unfortunate but true.[/QUOTE]

Very true. They remind me of Kmart when they were doing all the coupon deals. I put up with issues that wouldn't happen elsewhere to save money. I haven't set foot in Kmart since the coupons dried up.

[quote name='gepet0']For preorders like hitman do you get charged imediately or release day?[/QUOTE]

When I did my pre-order for Borderlands 2 they took payment immediately. (I payed through Paypal)

[quote name='rybrad']and Orgymang can provide screenshots and the like to them.[/QUOTE]

I just created my own little website this morning to keep track of things. You can check it out HERE if you'd like.

Wanted to buy battlefield premium(NA). I've tried buying it myself using paypal and debit card but my orders keep getting cancelled or wont go through. I've tried multiple times over the last couple of days but it's a no go, and i really wanted to pick up premium for $37.50

[quote name='Tallest-Midget']Wanted to buy battlefield premium(NA). I've tried buying it myself using paypal and debit card but my orders keep getting cancelled or wont go through. I've tried multiple times over the last couple of days but it's a no go, and i really wanted to pick up premium for $37.50[/QUOTE]

Well your not the only one having this problem, i think it has been prevalent for a while. Side note that is the greatest Borderlands 2 deal i have seen, 36 and the pre order bonuses. With the quality DLC they have, gearbox will be getting a lot of money.

Just a warning for any people in North America ordering Hitman:Absolution on GMG, you will NOT get the sniper challenge preorder bonus to play now. According to GMG, it is an exclusive to certain stores in North America. I got a great deal on Hitman:Absolution but I am bit pissed off that I don't get the sniper challenge for preordering.

origin is not a bad client actually, what really fucking sucks is the way they handle customers, getting banned from trying to boost sales on their own product? they are fucking crazy, im definitely gonna spread the word, this shit cant go unnoticed, we need to make noise people so websites would notice that we are not happy EA is getting away with this shit, im glad i read this thread before pulling the plug on mass effect 3 that's on sale at amazon, EA can stick their games up their ass until they find a better way to deal with customers

[quote name='LurkerLito']Just a warning for any people in North America ordering Hitman:Absolution on GMG, you will NOT get the sniper challenge preorder bonus to play now. According to GMG, it is an exclusive to certain stores in North America. I got a great deal on Hitman:Absolution but I am bit pissed off that I don't get the sniper challenge for preordering.[/QUOTE]

When you ordered it did GMG say that you would get that pre-order bonus?

[quote name='hal']When you ordered it did GMG say that you would get that pre-order bonus?[/QUOTE]

Here is what they say you get for the low low price of 33.00 bucks.

Sounds good to me and if the sniper content is a few bucks IMO it still seems like a great deal

Description
The Professional Edition includes a 72-page Artbook in addition to a "Making of video" and the "Agency Gun Pack" DLC, which includes an upgraded silencer and laser sights and the following exclusive weapons:whistle2: Agency Jagd P22G: A modern top-tier pistol- Agency HX UMP: Powerful high-caliber SMG- Agency SPS 12: Brutal semi-automatic shotgun

I'm a newb to PC gaming so have a question: How do I know if a game supports an Xbox or PS3 controller so I can play this stuff on my TV?

Specifically I want both Dishonored and Borderlands 2. Any idea if this is a possibility with either game? Also if anyone knows, can a GTX 660m even run these games at 1080p?

[quote name='gepet0']Here is what they say you get for the low low price of 33.00 bucks.

Sounds good to me and if the sniper content is a few bucks IMO it still seems like a great deal

Description
The Professional Edition includes a 72-page Artbook in addition to a "Making of video" and the "Agency Gun Pack" DLC, which includes an upgraded silencer and laser sights and the following exclusive weapons:whistle2: Agency Jagd P22G: A modern top-tier pistol- Agency HX UMP: Powerful high-caliber SMG- Agency SPS 12: Brutal semi-automatic shotgun[/QUOTE]

Is that the bonus? If so he has every right to complain if it wasn't delivered. I'd be interested to hear their response.

bread's done
Back