Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

[quote name='hal']Is that the bonus? If so he has every right to complain if it wasn't delivered. I'd be interested to hear their response.[/QUOTE]

He IS getting THAT bonus. He's just mad he's not getting some bonus that comes with the version of the game from other north american sites. Don't really see a reason to be pissed personally since the sniper challenge was never promised so he ordered based on an assumption if he was expecting it.

[quote name='ShockandAww']I'm a newb to PC gaming so have a question: How do I know if a game supports an Xbox or PS3 controller so I can play this stuff on my TV?

Specifically I want both Dishonored and Borderlands 2. Any idea if this is a possibility with either game? Also if anyone knows, can a GTX 660m even run these games at 1080p?[/QUOTE]

I know that Borderlands 2 is controller enabled. Steam confirms this on the store page for it.

For most games Steam will display if the game is controller enabled or not. I am not sure about Dishonored, but for Borderlands 2 I am 100% certain you can.

Check here on the Steam Page

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']He IS getting THAT bonus. He's just mad he's not getting some bonus that comes with the version of the game from other north american sites. Don't really see a reason to be pissed personally since the sniper challenge was never promised so he ordered based on an assumption if he was expecting it.[/QUOTE]
Because it was on the Hitman website, that if you preordered the game you got it as a bonus (this was back in July IIRC). At the time no one mentioned you don't get it if you order from a non North American site. So yes there is some reason to be pissed off a bit about it. If you assume that they would charge you for that mini game at a cost of $5-$10, it negated the great price I bought the game for if I really wanted it. GMG gives you the sniper challenge code if you order from them and aren't in North America.

I completely forgot about it till I read the steam forums the other day and saw it was out. I was going to check with GMG about how to get it but found out on their forum that they can't give me a code because North American download sites got some exclusivity deals.

[quote name='sirius389']I know that Borderlands 2 is controller enabled. Steam confirms this on the store page for it.

For most games Steam will display if the game is controller enabled or not. I am not sure about Dishonored, but for Borderlands 2 I am 100% certain you can.

Check here on the Steam Page[/QUOTE]

Thanks that helps. I wish Dishonored was too as it's a game I'd more likely play on PC through the TV than something like Borderlands which I'll probably just buy for the PS3.

Do you get any kind of confirmation at all when you buy from GMG? I pre-ordered Borderlands 2 earlier and now realize that I didn't get any kind of email, nor can I see the game in my account. However, I do see the charge on my bank account.

Submitted a support ticket, but I kind of have doubts they'll get to me before the sale ends.

[quote name='Rusty Spoon']Do you get any kind of confirmation at all when you buy from GMG? I pre-ordered Borderlands 2 earlier and now realize that I didn't get any kind of email, nor can I see the game in my account. However, I do see the charge on my bank account.

Submitted a support ticket, but I kind of have doubts they'll get to me before the sale ends.[/QUOTE]

I bought it a few weeks ago from them and it shows up in my account. I never got an email confirmation though.

[quote name='dEvAnGeL']origin is not a bad client actually, what really fucking sucks is the way they handle costumers, getting banned from trying to boost sales on their own product? they are fucking crazy, im definitely gonna spread the word, this shit cant go unnoticed, we need to make noise people so websites would notice that we are not happy EA is getting away with this shit, im glad i read this thread before pulling the plug on mass effect 3 that's on sale at amazon, EA can stick their games up their ass until they find a better way to deal with costumers[/QUOTE]

What does EA have against costume makers?

It shows that Dishonored comes out Oct 12th, which isn't correct. It comes out the 9th. So do they just have the wrong date or will I actually not be able to download it until the 12th? I hope they fix that. Edit: Nevermind if this is the UK version it does release on the 12th. It said (NA) buy it though which I had taken as North America...bah whatever I'll probably end up buying it for PS3 on the 9th anyway.

Anyway, bought The Book Of Unwritten Tales for $15 and Syberia for $3.

And whoever said they didn't get confirmation emails for anything, I did for all 3 games I ordered so maybe it's going to your spam or you're looking at the wrong email address?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Donkey132']I can't get borderlands 2 to appear in my basket no matter how many times I click pre-purchase. what a crappy website.[/QUOTE]

image.php

[quote name='Donkey132']I can't get borderlands 2 to appear in my basket no matter how many times I click pre-purchase. what a crappy website.[/QUOTE]

Did you make sure to verify your email if this is your first time buying from them? Clearly says that up top when you try to add something to your cart when unverified.

Well, just as I thought, there was a problem.

Thank you for your ticket, I have investigated this matter and I can see that although the payment was taken, it was immediately refunded and the transaction was not processed. Please allow 3-5 days for these funds to appear back in your account.

Please attempt to make your order again and sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Too bad the coupon expires today. Asking now why my payment wasn't taken and if I can get a discount code that will work in 3 to 5 days.

Looks like the voucher code got extended a week (after I changed all the prices back to normal, of course).

25% off any game (doesn't stack with most promos) with voucher code GMG25-1BW0K-K1A3G, good until September 17.

Also an SE sale going on right now, will update when I have more time.

[quote name='Lorddraco07']Did you make sure to verify your email if this is your first time buying from them? Clearly says that up top when you try to add something to your cart when unverified.[/QUOTE]
well it appears I'm an idiot. thanks lol

[quote name='rybrad']Looks like the voucher code got extended a week (after I changed all the prices back to normal, of course).

25% off any game (doesn't stack with most promos) with voucher code GMG25-1BW0K-K1A3G, good until September 17.

Also an SE sale going on right now, will update when I have more time.[/QUOTE]

Works on Deus Ex: Augmented Edition. $5.62 after coupon.

Tempting. Cheapest that's ever been. But did the Deus Ex: AE used to come with the DLC (tactical enhancement pack)?

[quote name='rybrad']Looks like the voucher code got extended a week (after I changed all the prices back to normal, of course).[/QUOTE]

Now bring on Borderlands 2 Season Pass!!

[quote name='rybrad']Looks like the voucher code got extended a week (after I changed all the prices back to normal, of course).

Also an SE sale going on right now, will update when I have more time.[/QUOTE]

Sorry you had to do all that extra work. Glad the promo got extended. Got a dude at work that wanted to get borderlands 2 at that price.

[quote name='xRidley']QUick question, does the voucher code work multiple times? Or is it one-time-use?[/QUOTE]

I was able to use it twice earlier today but in two separate transactions.

[quote name='CaptainSlow']Guild Wars 2 digital sales opened up on the official website. Now GreenManGaming needs to put it back up for sale.[/QUOTE]

It's on Amazon and Gamefly also.

[quote name='M_A_C']It's [Guild Wars 2] on Amazon and Gamefly also.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but with GreenManGaming we can use the 25% off coupon for the purchase. I also have a credit of $4 from Borderlands 2 pre-order that I'd like to use. They do have the digital deluxe version available for $79.99 less $20.00 though, to me, I don't think the extra goodies are worth an extra $15 (difference between Deluxe and Standard after discount).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CaptainSlow']Yes, but with GreenManGaming we can use the 25% off coupon for the purchase. I also have a credit of $4 from Borderlands 2 pre-order that I'd like to use. They do have the digital deluxe version available for $79.99 less $20.00 though, to me, I don't think the extra goodies are worth an extra $15 (difference between Deluxe and Standard after discount).[/QUOTE]

Get the regular edition.

If you really do want the Deluxe Edition extras you can always upgrade your game later via the in-game gem store. You can convert the gold you earned in-game to gems and get the upgrade practically for just the cost of your time. ;)

DE Upgrade cost 2000 gems.

[quote name='KryllFood']That's what I wanted to do too...get GW2 w/ gmg coupon but the standard edition continues to show out of stock.[/QUOTE]

It's odd that they don't have standard edition keys buy digital edition ones. In the end you're still getting a copy of the game. Perhaps they want to make the most of the demand as possible by selling the more expensive version to the crazy North American'ers.

[quote name='CaptainSlow']It's odd that they don't have standard edition keys buy digital edition ones. In the end you're still getting a copy of the game. Perhaps they want to make the most of the demand as possible by selling the more expensive version to the crazy North American'ers.[/QUOTE]

ArenaNet has been handling digital sales strangely, I'm not sure how long it was but for most of this month they weren't even selling it through their site until yesterday again I believe.

[quote name='Prismatico']ArenaNet has been handling digital sales strangely, I'm not sure how long it was but for most of this month they weren't even selling it through their site until yesterday again I believe.[/QUOTE]

They stopped digital sales for a while because their servers were overloaded and couldn't keep up with the demand. Sucks for the folks who couldn't buy it during that time, but I for one am impressed to see ANet forgo some immediate money to actually smooth out their game.

I bought Quantum Conundrum Season Pass from GMG about an hour ago and still haven't gotten a key. There wasn't a key in the email they sent me or when I look on the website under my games. I sent an email to the help desk but this is annoying to say the least.

[quote name='windsmere']I bought Quantum Conundrum Season Pass from GMG about an hour ago and still haven't gotten a key. There wasn't a key in the email they sent me or when I look on the website under my games. I sent an email to the help desk but this is annoying to say the least.[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me. After reading a couple similair threads, it sounds like they ran out of keys and will probably send them out when they get/activate more.

After doing a google search, it looks like the same thing Happened with Magicka and American Nightmare.

[quote name='Jokerkun890']Same thing happened to me. After reading a couple similair threads, it sounds like they ran out of keys and will probably send them out when they get/activate more.

After doing a google search, it looks like the same thing Happened with Magicka and American Nightmare.[/QUOTE]

Alright, thanks man. I was kinda aggravated but that seems more reasonable. I just wish they could have sent me an email or something saying that instead of saying nothing at all.

I bit on Borderlands 2...can't beat $36 for a new release w/ pre-order perks...If for some reason I am feeling upset about my purchase near release, I'll just put the key on ebay w/o using it.

Went ahead and bit on the gamefly GW2 deal since GMG was refusing to update a standard edition as in stock.

[quote name='windsmere']I bought Quantum Conundrum Season Pass from GMG about an hour ago and still haven't gotten a key. There wasn't a key in the email they sent me or when I look on the website under my games. I sent an email to the help desk but this is annoying to say the least.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Jokerkun890']Same thing happened to me. After reading a couple similair threads, it sounds like they ran out of keys and will probably send them out when they get/activate more.

After doing a google search, it looks like the same thing Happened with Magicka and American Nightmare.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that happened to me a few months back. I ordered a game at a good price (Metro 2033 for $5). I received an email that said it had the code in it, but the space where the code should be was blank. So I emailed them, they emailed back that they ran out of keys for the game but would have more later, and five days after my purchase I got the key.

I wouldn't have minded if I'd been told up front that they no longer had keys at the ready. But finding out after purchase that I had to wait kinda defeats a key selling point of the PC Downloading experience. It worked out, though. Good thing it was not a game that I really wanted ASAP.

[quote name='Bizzquik'][...] and five days after my purchase I got the key.

I wouldn't have minded if I'd been told up front that they no longer had keys at the ready. But finding out after purchase that I had to wait kinda defeats a key selling point of the PC Downloading experience. It worked out, though. Good thing it was not a game that I really wanted ASAP.[/QUOTE]

I'm really hoping it doesn't take that long...

I agree, I would liked to know upfront. What's worse is it's still the deal of the day for another 13 hours... Just imagine all the support tickets. :cry:

Shoot, didn't notice the season pass was on sale for QC. That happened during their winter sale with Metro 2033. They sent out an email with keys when the restocked.

Edit: With the metro, when they ran out of keys they removed the item from sale. Still showing available but there is no key in my account. I will hang tight and wait for a key. Good price for the season pass for this game. (Quantum Conundrum). Thanks for posting!

[quote name='SeymourGams']Had to go through with a bizarre confirmation with my bank, that I had never seen before, but got this deal. Thanks![/QUOTE]
Yea, mine does the same crap. Gave up on using my card and just use Paypal now.

Is that just the Season Pass or does it come with QC? The description says it is include... which would be bizarre because QC alone on GMG is like $7. Very confusing.

great i have to call paypal and/or my bank, which is closed.

WTF????

i used paypal so why is there absolutely no record of my order now?

bread's done
Back