Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

[quote name='retrad']god i hope it doesn't suck like diablo 3 and mass effect 3.[/QUOTE]

I spent all morning and afternoon watching the live stream from community day and, while I can't say 100%, all reports are that it really outshines the first. From the discussions in the panel, I think these guys care way too much to put out a crap sequel.

Plus the hours of game play they showed off kicked ass. :applause:

[quote name='Ithian']I spent all morning and afternoon watching the live stream from community day and, while I can't say 100%, all reports are that it really outshines the first. From the discussions in the panel, I think these guys care way too much to put out a crap sequel.

Plus the hours of game play they showed off kicked ass. :applause:[/QUOTE]

haha yeah i dont really think it will, personally i think its going to win game of the year in a down year for games.

I think the only real negatives ive heard is about Ash's from HAWP psycho child character is forced and annoying. Which i total buy.

Other than that i can tell from vids the games legit and its not like it wasn't a winning formula that just needed a few tweaks to begin with :)

[quote name='Ithian']I think these guys care way too much to put out a crap sequel.[/QUOTE]

Did you know how i found out that Borderlands 1 was going to be a good game. I knew all the details, saw the art style and the online co op and hell who doesn't like loot. There was this interview that Randy Pitchford did and it really impressed me.

By impressed i mean, totally laughable. He went on for about a half and hour and it sounded and looked like he had zero social skills. That had to mean if he got that far in the industry he and his company had to be 100% great at what they did. Also in that interview you could also see that he was passionate and was super excited for his own game. He kind of sounded like us now expecting borderlands 2.

If nothing else can be said of gearbox, they have heart.

[quote name='DemonKysho']Did you know how i found out that Borderlands 1 was going to be a good game. I knew all the details, saw the art style and the online co op and hell who doesn't like loot. There was this interview that Randy Pitchford did and it really impressed me.

By impressed i mean, totally laughable. He went on for about a half and hour and it sounded and looked like he had zero social skills. That had to mean if he got that far in the industry he and his company had to be 100% great at what they did. Also in that interview you could also see that he was passionate and was super excited for his own game. He kind of sounded like us now expecting borderlands 2.

If nothing else can be said of gearbox, they have heart.[/QUOTE]

Said someone who obviously never played Duke Nukem Forever :)

I had to play devils advocate here.

[quote name='retrad']Said someone who obviously never played Duke Nukem Forever :)

I had to play devils advocate here.[/QUOTE]

Buddy, i played Duke Nukem Forever. Was it fantastic, nope. Did it have its nostalgic stupid moments, yeah. That thing had way to many hands in its pot, all gearbox did was finish it. In a few years they are probably gonna finish Final Fantasy Versus XIII. I respect them for seeing a project through to completion.

[quote name='retrad']haha yeah i dont really think it will, personally i think its going to win game of the year in a down year for games.

I think the only real negatives ive heard is about Ash's from HAWP psycho child character is forced and annoying. Which i total buy.

Other than that i can tell from vids the games legit and its not like it wasn't a winning formula that just needed a few tweaks to begin with :)[/QUOTE]

Think I agree with everything in that post, so I'll just say ditto.

[quote name='DemonKysho']That had to mean if he got that far in the industry he and his company had to be 100% great at what they did. Also in that interview you could also see that he was passionate and was super excited for his own game. He kind of sounded like us now expecting borderlands 2.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more. Today he was almost in tears and choking up talking about Ben and Tora (they were there) and Michael John Mamaril during the panel. Plus there was this really strong vibe off the whole team. You could tell they all kinda wanted to take off so they could go play the game.

[quote name='DemonKysho']You got the game and the premiere club DLC containing the golden key, mechromancer gold guns. The season pass is something else.[/QUOTE]

Ok, thanks, thought it was weird if we got that.

[quote name='Ameliestrange']hey guys do you think its too late to get the pre-order stuff if I buy from green man gaming?[/QUOTE]

Seeing as its one code and the game hasn't come out yet, you can still get the pre order stuff. As long as it says Pre-Purchase your good to go. I would hurry though, that code does expire today to get the game and season pass for a huge discount.

[quote name='DemonKysho']Buddy, i played Duke Nukem Forever. Was it fantastic, nope. Did it have its nostalgic stupid moments, yeah. That thing had way to many hands in its pot, all gearbox did was finish it. In a few years they are probably gonna finish Final Fantasy Versus XIII. I respect them for seeing a project through to completion.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, all Gearbox did wtih DNF was put the pieces together and finish up what 3DR had begun. Considering the amount of time that was put into the game, the anticipation, and just the legend the game had come through its oft delayed development, I really appreciate them seeing it through when 3DR was unable. It wasn't a great game but it deserved some closure.

[quote name='DemonKysho']Seeing as its one code and the game hasn't come out yet, you can still get the pre order stuff. As long as it says Pre-Purchase your good to go. I would hurry though, that code does expire today to get the game and season pass for a huge discount.[/QUOTE]

It doesn't say prepurchase now it just says buy now. Hopefully if u buy today you still get the preorder stuff.

Just got the THQ 5-Pack and checked out with Paypal without any issue. Thanks!

I have never bought from GMG before and was worried with all the issues everyone has been having.

[quote name='DemonKysho']Buddy, i played Duke Nukem Forever. Was it fantastic, nope. Did it have its nostalgic stupid moments, yeah. That thing had way to many hands in its pot, all gearbox did was finish it. In a few years they are probably gonna finish Final Fantasy Versus XIII. I respect them for seeing a project through to completion.[/QUOTE]
But in the preview interviews with Randy, he was going on and on about how great their finished version was and how funny it was, just like he did with Borderlands 1 and is doing with Borderlands 2 and Aliens: Colonial Marines (the latter looking completely awful as he does so, of course).

Randy gushing over a game means nothing. Don't be suckered in by anything he says. ;)

damn, picked up the borderlands 2 season pass as well. i guess it's like getting the GOTY edition, all under 60 bucks. makes sense.

I just ordered Borderlands 2 Season Pass as I got the game for free by purchasing a new Nvidia Video card. Picked up a GTX 670. Very happy with it so far and its a huge upgrade over my 4870. Can't wait until Tuesday.

[quote name='deletion']damn, picked up the borderlands 2 season pass as well. i guess it's like getting the GOTY edition, all under 60 bucks. makes sense.[/QUOTE]

suckers

[quote name='nategator']suckers[/QUOTE]

its actually a really good deal unless you want to wait at least a year to get it for the same or less.

[quote name='ccm0628']$1.50 for Company of Heroes? I'm in. It's just the original game though, not the expansion pack.[/QUOTE]

Op Fronts and Tales of Valor are both stand-alone expansion packs, anyways...

You don't need COH (base game) to run either of those.

Yeah, not sure how anyone getting BL2 plus the DLC pass for a combined total of $58.50 BEFORE the game even launches is a sucker.

[quote name='retrad']its actually a really good deal unless you want to wait at least a year to get it for the same or less.[/QUOTE]

Considering all the DLC won't be out for roughly a year and there is no telling if it ends at 4 campaigns, I'm inclined to wait. See if the game runs, build up a few characters, maybe plop down for a physx capable gpu... Alot of other games the next few months aswell, it's a bit overwhelming to want to support planned DLC.

[quote name='Ameliestrange']it just says Buy Now is it too late to pre-purchase? I just now got the cash[/QUOTE]

It still reads on the description:

Pre-purchase now for access to the Borderlands 2 Premiere Club:

I just tried to log in. GMG says I don't have an account. Guess that means I can kiss Arma II goodbye.

Don't think I want to risk any money with a company that loses my account.

I still have my game key though., I saved it on my PC, but I guess its useless now.

I registered again and sent a help request to support. hope they can fix it soon. I'm not spending a penny there until I know they can fix it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='slugboss']Considering all the DLC won't be out for roughly a year and there is no telling if it ends at 4 campaigns, I'm inclined to wait. See if the game runs, build up a few characters, maybe plop down for a physx capable gpu... Alot of other games the next few months aswell, it's a bit overwhelming to want to support planned DLC.[/QUOTE]

that might be true for you but i already know id be buying the dlc anyway.

[quote name='PenguinJim']
Randy gushing over a game means nothing. Don't be suckered in by anything he says. ;)[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's kind of what i ment.

I see that pre loaded icon, just sitting on my desktop. You dirty whore, I have played your kind before. You want me inside you. With all your promises of a good time and all the loot i can have.

....ahem..

So everyone has characters and skill trees picked out? Need more friends on Steam?

[quote name='slugboss']Considering all the DLC won't be out for roughly a year and there is no telling if it ends at 4 campaigns, I'm inclined to wait. See if the game runs, build up a few characters, maybe plop down for a physx capable gpu... Alot of other games the next few months aswell, it's a bit overwhelming to want to support planned DLC.[/QUOTE]

i loved the first borderlands and enjoyed all the dlc, i would have saved some money if they had season pass the first time around. i'm not wasting time in picking up season pass, knowing that I'll be picking all DLC anyways. plus all under 60 bucks, that's a steal!

[quote name='DemonKysho']

So everyone has characters and skill trees picked out? Need more friends on Steam?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've been messing around with the skill tree a bit.

http://www.borderlands2.com/us/#characters

I enjoyed all the BL classes except for Berzerker so I'll probably do like everyone else and start with the Siren. I do like that they've changed the focus of the zerker from useless fists to shooting copious amounts of bullets.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='hal']Yeah, I've been messing around with the skill tree a bit.

http://www.borderlands2.com/us/#characters

I enjoyed all the BL classes except for Berzerker so I'll probably do like everyone else and start with the Siren. I do like that they've changed the focus of the zerker from useless fists to shooting copious amounts of bullets.[/QUOTE]

I actually really liked the berzerker. =P While many didn't like the fists, there was something about insta-gibbing enemies with my fists + crazy health regen that drew me in. The sniper was my main though. =P

Thanks for the link. ^^

This is the first time I've ever had an issue with my card getting declined anywhere. I just called Chase and they said there was no charge that was attempted in the last 2 days, I tried last night and just now, and it still gets declined. Seems pretty stupid that they are having trouble taking people's money.

Just a reminder that the 25% off voucher expires in a little over 8 hours. If you are planning on picking something up with it you should act soon.

[quote name='hal']
I enjoyed all the BL classes except for Berzerker so I'll probably do like everyone else and start with the Siren. I do like that they've changed the focus of the zerker from useless fists to shooting copious amounts of bullets.[/QUOTE]

Useless? I wrestled Crawmax to the ground with my bare hands, a large rocket launcher and lots of screaming. I thought Brick was the most powerful character in my opinion. I'm sad that i won't be falcon punching my foes into a chunky soup.

I will however enjoy standing in front of my foes, cursing and flipping them off. All while i am jumping through the air dual wielding reenacting shot for shot ANY john woo movie.

Damage get's converted to health? Hurt me more snake.

[quote name='DemonKysho']Useless? I wrestled Crawmax to the ground with my bare hands, a large rocket launcher and lots of screaming. I thought Brick was the most powerful character in my opinion. I'm sad that i won't be falcon punching my foes into a chunky soup.

I will however enjoy standing in front of my foes, cursing and flipping them off. All while i am jumping through the air dual wielding reenacting shot for shot ANY john woo movie.

Damage get's converted to health? Hurt me more snake.[/QUOTE]

I think a lot of my dislike stems from the fact that he has rocket launcher bonuses and I never found a way to take advantage of them (i.e. RLs not good). Also when you're playing with characters designed for long-range combat, by the time you get in close to pound someone they're already dead. Perhaps I'm the only one that had that experience with him. Dunno.

Anyhow, it looks like the gunzerker now has a melee skill branch and the other two are more guncentric. The assassin looks to have some pretty strong melee skills in BL2.

[quote name='gepet0']Which is the perferred version to get pc,360 , ps3 ? How was borderland's online community on Pc?[/QUOTE]

Do you have any friends that you can play with on any system? If not, I would just go with the PC.

PC will always be graphically superior. Like Pancakes said though, if you have friends on a specific platform, go with that one. Otherwise, if your PC can handle it, get it on that. Plus, I mean, its $36, I havent seen it that cheap for the consoles.

Well, I dove in and bought the BL 2 season pass and CoH. So much good about them in here I figure I would take the chance.

Hope to get a quick resolution about my vanished account. I hadn't logged in in a LONG time.

[quote name='buckythekat']wonder if they'll extend the 25% code again or when we'll get a new one

first paycheck from my new job won't be until the 28th :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

same. I wanna get dishonored but I have other necessities to buy and $45 could go a long way.

they have had a lot of these sales recently though, so I'm not terribly worried

I hate to go back on my word, but I'm weak too. I just bought the season pass after careful evaluation of other season passes. For example, Saints Row 3 season pass was only a 15% discount to begin with and the best season pass thus far Gears of War 3 was only 22.50 on christmas eve after RAAM's shadow came out. This will probably be a similar deal on steam... I regret missing the Gears of War 3 season pass sales, even early this month. Borderlands 2 is all campaigns and will probably be an even better value since they can be experienced singleplayer aswell.

Sorry about the lengthy explanation, I just feel guilty supporting season passes and am wary of amazon or greenmangaming improving the deal in the meantime. Makes me feel less like a cheapass and more like a sucker...

Also, I bet the Mechromancer dlc is included in the base game purchase for a long long time. Just like how I received the Duke Nukem First Access DLC by getting Borderlands GOTY on steam for really cheap several months after.

bread's done
Back