Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

[quote name='ShockandAww']Try this code for 20% off. Haven't tried it myself.

GMG20-AWDF9-Q1PEY[/QUOTE]
According to their blog that should be good until the 25th so no reason for it not to work. I will update the OP when I get home in a bit.

Edited the OP to reflect the Game of thrones Sale as well as the 20% code, and Nordic games sale, as well as the new prices for the games up top with the new voucher

didnt know how to edit the title though.

Also my bad Rybrad, didn't see that you were gonna update the OP today, wasn't tryin to step on your toes. Hopefully I did save you a lil time though.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ameliestrange']ah well i tried to buy it with a vanilla visa card but it won't work[/QUOTE]

For what its worth mine was an Amazon.com rewards chase visa, kept getting declined and then it just worked the last time I tried it. No updates in my support ticket from GMG.

[quote name='tranceFusion']I thought the borderlands 2 $36 sale ended today, not yesterday? Is that coupon code still working?[/QUOTE]

I think they extended it because of their payment declining fiasco.

I must say that this is the first time I will play A launch title via download. I picked up Hitman too. The 36.00 price point I believe is my sweet spot . I am happy I am still debating on the season pass thing. Does that mean just 1 year?

Even thought it is a download I feel that it is a. Fair deal over retail. Sorta like passing the non packaging savings to us. !

[quote name='hustletron']

I think they extended it because of their payment declining fiasco.[/QUOTE]

But it looks like the price has gone up to $40.. I thought it was $36 through the end of today..

[quote name='MrshllJcb']Edited the OP to reflect the Game of thrones Sale as well as the 20% code, and Nordic games sale, as well as the new prices for the games up top with the new voucher

didnt know how to edit the title though.

Also my bad Rybrad, didn't see that you were gonna update the OP today, wasn't tryin to step on your toes. Hopefully I did save you a lil time though.[/QUOTE]
I appreciate the updates so don't worry about that. I usually just post in the thread if I can't update it right away because the amount of pissing and moaning I have to deal with when deals are dead and I haven't updated RIGHT THAT SECOND is unreal. I think last time a really good deal ended I got about 8 PMs from people bitching about it. As for the title, that can only be changed by me so that will be taken care of in a minute.

Game of Thrones is till showing full price for me but I see a couple people have said it is showing for them so not sure what the issue is.
[quote name='tranceFusion']I thought the borderlands 2 $36 sale ended today, not yesterday? Is that coupon code still working?[/QUOTE]
It WAS working until today at 1100 UTC which is 7am Eastern Time.

Edit:
Looks like Sleeping Dogs is 30% off again for a couple days.

Sleeping Dogs $34.99 (Steamworks) with voucher code GMGSD-Q3GRW-ZNLWR, valid until September 20, 7am Eastern Time

I just used the coupon code for Borderlands 2 and it worked fine. Final total was $38.40 so not sure if that's some sort of tax thing or what (I am from Seattle). Still a great price, though. I just redeemed the Steam code and all is well!

[quote name='NeoGutsman']I just used the coupon code for Borderlands 2 and it worked fine. Final total was $38.40 so not sure if that's some sort of tax thing or what (I am from Seattle). Still a great price, though. I just redeemed the Steam code and all is well![/QUOTE]
The 25% off coupon expired. You used the 20% off.

[quote name='slugboss'] Borderlands 2 is all campaigns and will probably be an even better value since they can be experienced singleplayer aswell.
[/QUOTE]

This is the main reason I bit on the BL2 season pass. I'm normally not interested if a season pass involves just maps and such.

40 bucks is likely the lowest BL2 would go for a while, right? Probably until Black Friday?

I want it, but I'm not sure if I want it 100% yet. I just played the first Borderlands for about an hour and found it to be a pretty interesting mix of MMO elements and FPS/Fallout. Should I work through the first one some more, or should I just jump on BL2?

[quote name='plutoknight']40 bucks is likely the lowest BL2 would go for a while, right? Probably until Black Friday?

I want it, but I'm not sure if I want it 100% yet. I just played the first Borderlands for about an hour and found it to be a pretty interesting mix of MMO elements and FPS/Fallout. Should I work through the first one some more, or should I just jump on BL2?[/QUOTE]

Who knows man. I mean if pre-orders have been around the $36 to $38 range for the last two months, I could see the game getting a discount before Thanksgiving. BL1 has so much stuff you can do you could probably be distracted by until Black Friday.

[quote name='rybrad']According to their Facebook page the Game of Thrones deal is over, that was fast.[/QUOTE]

damn :whistle2:( I work a night shift so I was asleep

[quote name='gepet0'] I am happy I am still debating on the season pass thing. Does that mean just 1 year?[/QUOTE]
No, it's just a name the industry has adopted for the pre-purchase of a specific amount of DLC at a set (reduced) price. Gearbox has promised four specific DLC additions for a 25% discount (at retail).

[quote name='buckythekat']damn :whistle2:( I work a night shift so I was asleep[/QUOTE]
I think it was up less than 2 hours so most people probably missed out on it anyway.

[quote name='kiwimonster']GMG dreadfully slow for anyone else? Seems like the sites server is on 56k dial up.[/QUOTE]

I don't use GMG too often but I'm getting just awful speed. I thought I'd impulse buy Borderlands 2 quick and I haven't seen past the cart screen.

[quote name='Treythalomew']I don't use GMG too often but I'm getting just awful speed. I thought I'd impulse buy Borderlands 2 quick and I haven't seen past the cart screen.[/QUOTE]

Lol same I am trying to buy Borderlands 2 at the last minute since I just got off work I can't even register and account and it seems the countdown timer for the basket is more of countdown timer for when the page loads.

OH awesome now the store is down for repairs.....

I have seen a lot of people (on various forums and social media) trying to get in on the deal at the last second so that is probably what is killing the site right now.

[quote name='rybrad']I have seen a lot of people (on various forums and social media) trying to get in on the deal at the last second so that is probably what is killing the site right now.[/QUOTE]

It is a pretty good deal, I didn't know that they were charging for that 5th character unless you preordered or that the retail was 60.

After trying for about two hours off and on, finally got it to work. It took me to a secure.something.com site where it say "oh no, something failed". Then I refreshed and it took me right to the payment screen at which point it went through. Not that my story is any help, just saying that messing around with it for a while may be fruitful.

I thought the site in general was a little slow, i think after the dust settles the people in charge of GMG need to do a lot of site work. Though i think a roughly two week sale it would of been enough time. Though this banking fiasco and the poor CS may have done a good chunk of damage to GMG.

On a positive note, these last few hours are brutal. I think i may jump on TF2

Also my group needs a Maya, anyone interested?

I came to comment on last minute shoppers obliterating their site but apparently whatever those latecomers are doing made GMG spit-out the season pass key that I ordered on the 15th.;)

[quote name='Fell Open Ian']I came to comment on last minute shoppers obliterating their site but apparently whatever those latecomers are doing made GMG spit-out the season pass key that I ordered on the 15th.;)[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm not usually a last minute guy at all but I have a ULC for PS3 on order from JR.com but no idea if I'm actually getting it or not. So now the only way to be sure to get the pre order bonuses for a good enough price is by ordering the PC version. Kind of ticked but what can ya do.

Edit: and now after about 5 previous orders going through just fine GMG won't take my credit card. This is the reason I am not normally a last minute guy. FML.
Edit 2: Actually fuck JR.com and GMG instead of my life. Amazon is the only retailer that gets shit done these days.

Use PayPal if you can as that seems to work best for most with GMG.

edit: Also everyone on the Borderlands 2 hype train should fully expect Steam to crap-out as well. (I know I do)

GMG basically is crapped out. I just helped my friends organize and get the 4-pack. I would suggest on this thread too for last min stragglers to band up get the 4-pack off steam, 45$ pp. Least you wont miss the preorder bonus

[quote name='Fell Open Ian']Use PayPal if you can as that seems to work best for most with GMG.

edit: Also everyone on the Borderlands 2 hype train should fully expect Steam to crap-out as well. (I know I do)[/QUOTE]

Highly doubt I can addresses are different and the site is running too damn slow to try and change it.

[quote name='ely']Thanks for the Borderlands 2 deals. Just got and activated the Season Pass.[/QUOTE]

Good for you, GMG doesn't even show my Season pass now. yesterday it said "this has not yet released" and now its just not even in my games or keys list.

[quote name='fishphoenix']So uhh when is the game actually playable? Midnight EST?[/QUOTE]

thats the word

I just got an e-mail from GMG with my Borderlands 2 Season Pass code about 10 minutes ago. Steam said it wasn't able to be redeemed until tomorrow but yet it registered it and let me print off my receipt for it so who knows.

[quote name='Hellacious'] Steam said it wasn't able to be redeemed until tomorrow but yet it registered it and let me print off my receipt for it so who knows.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure the prompt was that it won't be released until tomorrow but click on your name and go to account details just to double-check that it was added.

[quote name='Fell Open Ian']Pretty sure the prompt was that it won't be released until tomorrow but click on your name and go to account details just to double-check that it was added.[/QUOTE]

Yup it has been added. No issues here. 10 more minutes hopefully though I fully expect the servers to be hammered like no other.

After getting word that my Amazon shipment of the ultimate loot chest isn't showing up until Wednesday night (despite the fact that up until today, estimated delivery was the 18th), I desperately tried to get a copy from GMG to play earlier....but man the site was just so slow. None of the codes were working and I gave up. Now I don't want to buy it from anywhere else, because I assume somehow the pre-order codes are tied to my key and I can only have one on Steam.

Does anyone know if I buy the UK version, will it be just the normal version of the game, but unlocks friday?

I'm going to be out of town until saturday so I dont care, just want the preorder bonus.

[quote name='Aenima1287']Has anyone received their season pass key yet? The season pass shows up in my account just no key.[/QUOTE]

I got mine last night

bread's done
Back