Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

[quote name='Bizzquik']Past GreenManGaming customers:
Your best guess - how soon until GMG sells Dishonored for $36? (Currently $45 after promo code.)[/QUOTE]
It's Steamworks, and you can already get it boxed + the DLC for under $40. I'm hoping some reviews pop up soon so I can know whether or not to last-minute pre-order a box. :D

I'd also like to know what's in the box, as it's allegedly by proper PC devs - should we expect a map? An artbook? Will it be like the Dark Souls: PtD box? Or will we have to make do with a glorious full-color 100+-page manual? :bouncy:

[quote name='PenguinJim']It's Steamworks, and you can already get it boxed + the DLC for under $40. I'm hoping some reviews pop up soon so I can know whether or not to last-minute pre-order a box. :D

I'd also like to know what's in the box, as it's allegedly by proper PC devs - should we expect a map? An artbook? Will it be like the Dark Souls: PtD box? Or will we have to make do with a glorious full-color 100+-page manual? :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Please enlighten us as to where we can get it for under $40 in a box.

It was posted in the Steam thread a while back. SimplyGames.com have it boxed without DLC for ~$37, and Shopto.net have it boxed + DLC for a ferret's whisker under $40. Both promise delivery on or before the day of release. Just have it sent to one of your UK friends if you don't want to pay for international delivery and wait a week. (International delivery from Shopto brought it up to $44 and you'd probably get it a week after release, but it's still cheaper than GMG and includes the DLC)

The CAG Steam thread is quite enlightening. ;) (But it moves at a heck of a pace, goshdarnit - I miss so many pages because I only check it once a day, but surely a US store has matched those UK shops?)

[quote name='Daykain']GMG has some $.49 games on sale with other games priced higher. The 49 cent games are nothing special but might be good for future trade-ins?

NecroVisioN: Lost Company
Reign: Conflict of Nations
Men of War: Red Tide
Defcon: Everybody Dies
Hacker Evolution
Tower Bloxx Deluxe
UFO: Aftermath
[/QUOTE]

I'm also wondering if these games would be worth it for future trade-ins. Right now they're all at $0.25. It might take a few months, but they could reach trade-in values of $2 or $3.

What do you guys think?

[quote name='PenguinJim']It was posted in the Steam thread a while back. SimplyGames.com have it boxed without DLC for ~$37, and Shopto.net have it boxed + DLC for a ferret's whisker under $40. Both promise delivery on or before the day of release. Just have it sent to one of your UK friends if you don't want to pay for international delivery and wait a week. (International delivery from Shopto brought it up to $44 and you'd probably get it a week after release, but it's still cheaper than GMG and includes the DLC)

The CAG Steam thread is quite enlightening. ;) (But it moves at a heck of a pace, goshdarnit - I miss so many pages because I only check it once a day, but surely a US store has matched those UK shops?)[/QUOTE]

That's a pretty good price. I'm surprised GreenManGaming is selling it for $59.99 considerings it's also a UK store. As far as I know there hasn't been a match here in North America.

It seems to be quite cheap in UK£. I've just had a quick look on Gamersgate, and if you go through the UK site (.co.uk), it's $48 in Blue Coins - dropping to ~$41 if you have the IGN discount. Just buy 41,000 blue coins through the site, and get the other 220 by doing some ratings or writing some reviews, and you also get $2.31 of Blue Coins put back into your account for the purchase, making it the equivalent of $39. :D

[quote name='emwearz']They are out of Dawngaurd keys, bought mine, no key. Love waiting with GMG, becoming a regular part of their service.[/QUOTE]

Just bought it and got my key. Hope you got it all sorted out

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MrshllJcb']Just bought it an got me key. Hope you got it all sorted out[/QUOTE]

Nope, still don't have it. Send a support ticket, but they never answer on weekends. Awesome.

[quote name='emwearz']Nope, still don't have it. Send a support ticket, but they never answer on weekends. Awesome.[/QUOTE]

try messaging them on Facebook or using Twitter

I already own Civilization V. How does that work out if I preordered X-COM, will Steam still send me a code? I plan on gifting it to a friend or doing a steamgift if he already has it.

[quote name='krushnine']I ordered XCOM from GMG on 9/22, and I just got my Steam key from them. Seems like they are doing a better job with the keys this time around?[/QUOTE]

Besides the fact new buyers got their keys before preorders they have done a very good job on xcom.

[quote name='Naramie']I already own Civilization V. How does that work out if I preordered X-COM, will Steam still send me a code? I plan on gifting it to a friend or doing a steamgift if he already has it.[/QUOTE]

Civ v is issued from GMG as a steam key.

[quote name='rybrad']Looks like XCOM pre-orders (NA only) will now also be getting a $10 GMG credit, including people who pre-ordered earlier. Turning into a pretty sweet deal if you took advantage of the free game trade-in for the discounted price.[/QUOTE]

Is the $10 credit still live? I can't find a mention of it on the product page.

[quote name='sleeping_lights_on']Did XCOM ever go lower than 45$?

I'm wondering if some people got 25% off 45$ then got in on the 10$ too. That would be awesome![/QUOTE]

the $10 credit is only for people in NA and the vouchers have never worked for those in the NA

now there were those of us that traded in that free game for $8 towards XCOM and got it for $37 and now also get $10 credit :bouncy: :D

[quote name='buckythekat']the $10 credit is only for people in NA and the vouchers have never worked for those in the NA

now there were those of us that traded in that free game for $8 towards XCOM and got it for $37 and now also get $10 credit :bouncy: :D[/QUOTE]
Plus a copy of Civ V, its turning out to be a good purchase.

[quote name='pROvIs']Civ v is issued from GMG as a steam key.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Does anyone know if GMG has started sending these out yet?

[quote name='Naramie']Thanks. Does anyone know if GMG has started sending these out yet?[/QUOTE]

they said they'd be going out on release day

[quote name='Gluteus']Anybody getting the Borderlands 2 season pass?[/QUOTE]

I did. Gearbox deserves it, I got BL2 for $33 from GMG, I spent 113 hours playing it so far. Figured 25% off the season pass I want to play the stuff right away, might as well. Still cheaper with the game and pass then just the games MSRP :D

The embargo on Dishonored is up, all the reviews are pouring in and it is getting nothing but great marks and comments everywhere so far.

[quote name='pROvIs']I wish they would throw something in and throw me over the edge on dishonored or hurry up with the $10 xcom credit.[/QUOTE]

Same here. If they sent out the credit, I would have bought the game from them already.

[quote name='Caine']Same here. If they sent out the credit, I would have bought the game from them already.[/QUOTE]

I got sick of debating and wanted to go to bed. Knowing the coupon would be bad by the time I woke up I jut bought it so I could sleep easy. Game is looking great and most reviews are hovering in the 9-10 range.

Went ahead and got Dishonored from Gamefly for $47.99 and am pre-loading now. The 3 extra bucks over GMG was worth it to know I can play the game as soon as I get home from work tomorrow (Monday) night. Considering getting Doom 3: BFG Edition from GMG before the coupon expires though.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='gamez79']did they just extend the 25 percent off code to december[/QUOTE]

No but they did extend it to October 12th at 7am EST. Also, they started sending out Dishonored keys this morning. Of course if I would have gone with GMG for Dishonored, the keys wouldn't have gone out until tomorrow evening. :D Oh well, only $3 difference but in hindsight I wish I would have used that Gamefly code on XCOM instead.

[quote name='Killbomb']No but they did extend it to October 12th at 7am EST. Also, they started sending out Dishonored keys this morning.[/QUOTE]
Nice, hopefully I get one this afternoon so I can preload tonight into tomorrow.

[quote name='Killbomb']No but they did extend it to October 12th at 7am EST. Also, they started sending out Dishonored keys this morning. Of course if I would have gone with GMG for Dishonored, the keys wouldn't have gone out until tomorrow evening. :D Oh well, only $3 difference but in hindsight I wish I would have used that Gamefly code on XCOM instead.[/QUOTE]

dont know how i read that wrong but it gives me a few days to think about buying dishonored

[quote name='Killbomb']No but they did extend it to October 12th at 7am EST. Also, they started sending out Dishonored keys this morning. Of course if I would have gone with GMG for Dishonored, the keys wouldn't have gone out until tomorrow evening. :D Oh well, only $3 difference but in hindsight I wish I would have used that Gamefly code on XCOM instead.[/QUOTE]
Lol damn it. They of course did this after i ordered Dishonored sans $10 credit from xcom.

I have not purchased from them in a long time. is it still difficult to get credit cards to work on this site or did they work most of that out?

Man, now I am tempted by XCOM after playing the demo and seeing a few of the first reviews. I'm assuming the $10 credit doesn't have an expiration date since there's no mention of one on the offer page. Hope there's not because I doubt I buy anything else on PC for the rest of the year.

Got my GMG key to preload Dishonored a couple hours ago. No email for it but it's in my keys on GMG.

Edit: And I did get an email for it about 12 minutes ago.

Yeah, I saw that they were starting to send out keys for Dishonored earlier today so I pre-ordered it and got my key immediately. I just started pre-loading the game.

Just finished pre-loading Dishonored. I now will have to decide between playing it first or Xcom when I get home from my morning class tomorrow.

Would that XCom pre-purchase still work? I'd like the $10 but on the page for the game it says "Buy Now" rather than "Pre-Purchase".

Also, why the heck is Dishonored full price? The cheapie in me would like the $49.99 or $44.99 price point and a voucher!

[quote name='CaptainSlow']Also, why the heck is Dishonored full price? The cheapie in me would like the $49.99 or $44.99 price point and a voucher![/QUOTE]

If I had to guess I'd assume Bethesda's the reason for keeping the pre-order at the full price point. Look at the pre-order for Doom 3 BFG Edition, that's also MSRP ($29.99).

[quote name='CaptainSlow']Would that XCom pre-purchase still work? I'd like the $10 but on the page for the game it says "Buy Now" rather than "Pre-Purchase". [/QUOTE]

They're still advertising the offer on the front page so I would say it's good for now. Just gave in and pre-purchased it so hopefully I won't have to jump through hoops to get my credit or Civ 5 since I pre-purchased so close to launch. Really wish I didn't have to work 7-3 tonight knowing I'll have Dishonored and XCOM waiting for me for at least half my shift.

I was hoping that the XCom $10 credit would be waiting for me when I logged in, but I guess a day or so isn't too long to wait to pick up Dishonored. Hell, I still have BL2 to finish and now XCom on top of that.

GMG, the mortal enemy of wallets everywhere.

They are sending out the $10 credits as I type this. Already received mine but still waiting on the Civ V key. Busy week for me...Dishonored, XCOM and playoff baseball. :D

[quote name='boredasfook']Picked up dishonored for $35 and received the code immediately after check out.
GMG = da Bomb[/QUOTE]

How did you get Dishonored for $35?

bread's done
Back