Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

[quote name='jgiovanni']MFGHM-9APZB-0DSUK

25% code valid until 10/28 (one time use)

Please post if you redeem.[/QUOTE]

Thanks but someone redeemed it. I tried to use it at 10:01.

[quote name='Bios Element']So they disabled it, then two days later re-enabled it. Cute. I'll remember not to order from them again.[/QUOTE]
You should hit them up for your credit. I doubt they'll do the cash back but you should be able to talk them into a credit.

That coupon code may have been tied to an account. I know some of their previous "extra coupons" for redeeming free games and stuff have been account specific.

The customization DLC is essentially worthless.

1) The hairstyle is dumb and you'll use a helmet to match later armors anyway.
2) You can't use the special styled armor models with later armor. So it's basically only for the first tier or armor (which you'll ditch like, a couple hours into the game).

[quote name='buckythekat']the $10 credit is only for people in NA and the vouchers have never worked for those in the NA

now there were those of us that traded in that free game for $8 towards XCOM and got it for $37 and now also get $10 credit :bouncy: :D[/QUOTE]

Sweet deal for those that got em. Thanks for the informative reply. It seems lately that preorders really are the best route, as it take quite some time for prices to come all the way back down again. GMG is also beating Amazon and Steam hands down in terms of deals. I should have bought The Secret World from GMG. I should have bought Borderlands 2 from GMG. I should have bought XCOM from GMG. When am I going to learn .

Does anyone recall how low Borderlands 2 has gone with coupon? I'm trying to strategery here.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sleeping_lights_on']Sweet deal for those that got em. Thanks for the informative reply. It seems lately that preorders really are the best route, as it take quite some time for prices to come all the way back down again. GMG is also beating Amazon and Steam hands down in terms of deals. I should have bought The Secret World from GMG. I should have bought Borderlands 2 from GMG. I should have bought XCOM from GMG. When am I going to learn .

Does anyone recall how low Borderlands 2 has gone with coupon? I'm trying to strategery here.[/QUOTE]

I believe BL2 went as low as $36 before release.

[quote name='Pajama_Man']Please let us know if the GMG key still comes with the Elite Soldier Pack. :)[/QUOTE]

Not sure yet still haven't had a chance to play. I've heard though from some sources that it does not have the Elite Soldier pack. Not 100% sure though, hopefully will have a chance to play tomorrow finally.

Anyone else having trouble buying Dishonored with the 20% off code and $10 XCom credit? I've been trying all day and nothing but unsuccessful purchases...my bank says they don't even see any attempts made, so maybe GMG is not liking the stack, even though it's valid. The 20% code on dishonored and i have a nice $10 bucks sitting in my credit tick box. Very strange...

So apparently i got 5 bucks back even though i choose the 10 credit for Xcom. Bought Xcom then immediately used it and the 20% off Dishonored to get it for 38. Now I see 3 thing in my Paypal, payment for 38, refund for 5, and payment for 45

Wow, GMG site sucks right now but in their error I ended up with two free games. I just tried to buy XCOM and Hearthfire using the 20% off code (which only applied to Hearthfire) it failed and gave me an immediate refund but the keys still showed up on my account so I registered steam and they worked fine; downloading XCOM right now.

Not trying to fraud the company, but since their site and payments only go through half the time might as well just go with it. I've bought with them before and have had payment issues so I guess I just got lucky this time, I don't even know if I should contact them about it but thanks GMG! :lol:

I used my credit card through paypal. It was charged the immediately refunded due to an error. The charge is still pending on my credit card statement but I got a refund confirmation from paypal we'll just see what happens..

Question since I don't use GMG regularly. I am considering grabbing Civ V gods and kings (between the coupon and the 10 credit I have it'd be $14.) But I am wondering, when the current coupon code expires will there be another or will it maybe be a while?

[quote name='Terlan']Question since I don't use GMG regularly. I am considering grabbing Civ V gods and kings (between the coupon and the 10 credit I have it'd be $14.) But I am wondering, when the current coupon code expires will there be another or will it maybe be a while?[/QUOTE]

The 20% off coupon expires on the 19th of October.

Also, I picked up Dishonored for $48.

[quote name='firepelt97']The 20% off coupon expires on the 19th of October.

Also, I picked up Dishonored for $48.[/QUOTE]
I know it expires on the 19th, what I am asking is do the generally put up new coupon shortly after, or might there be a while before another coupon comes around?

[quote name='Terlan']I know it expires on the 19th, what I am asking is do the generally put up new coupon shortly after, or might there be a while before another coupon comes around?[/QUOTE]

This.

And I think the answer is "Who knows?"

[quote name='Terlan']I know it expires on the 19th, what I am asking is do the generally put up new coupon shortly after, or might there be a while before another coupon comes around?[/QUOTE]

Lately they've been putting up a new voucher code right after the old one expires. No telling if they'll continue with that though.

There are more Halloween games on sale but buckythekat mentioned all the newer titles. Something not mentioned is Darksiders 2 season pass (75% off) is $4 after coupon. There are 2 other Darksiders 2 DLCs on sale but they are only 60% off.

EDIT: Since the OP is a wiki, feel free to add the DLC to the list, just follow the order and formatting I used. I am working all day so if it isn't done by the end of the day I will do it then.

Alright got most of the big Steam titles sans DLC updated in the OP with vouchers reflected in the pricing.

20% off Digital Downloads with voucher code: GMG20-FXYD1-7WHP1
Offer Ends Friday, October 26, 2012 at 7:00am Eastern

Horror Deals (up to 75% off and stack with above voucher):
Full list of deals - Check the list for DLC on Steamworks games

Alan Wake $11.97 (Steamworks) with above voucher code
Alan Wake: Collector's Edition $13.97 (Steamworks) with above voucher code
Alan Wake's American Nightmare $5.97 (Steamworks) with above voucher code
All Zombies Must Die $3.20 (Steamworks) with above voucher code
The Darkness II $5.99 (Steamworks) with above voucher code
Darksiders $4 (Steamworks) with above voucher code
Darksiders 2 $19.99 (Steamworks) with above voucher code
Dead Island: GOTY $7.99 (Steamworks) with above voucher code
F.E.A.R. 3 $7.99 (Steamworks) with above voucher code
Killing Floor $7.99 (Steamworks) with above voucher code
Metro 2033 $4 (Steamworks) with above voucher code
Risen 2: Dark Waters $13.59 (Steamworks) with above voucher code

[quote name='mrsilkunderwear']So no go for Dead Island if your playing by yourself?[/QUOTE]
It is still a decent enough game if you like smashing zombies in the face, especially for the price.

Dead Island has great melee combat mechanics but the content itself gets boring and repetitive fast. It's an 'open world' but it's filled with bland MMO quests, enemies scale, and there isn't really much in the way of hidden/fixed loot (a few developer weapons but nothing amazing). I had decent fun with it solo but it certainly wears out its welcome well before you reach the end.

I love Halloween sales:

large-6-640x350.jpg

His childish innocence wasn’t meant to last long, oh no...

One of these days I'll buy something non-steam from GMG.

No clue how I have $8 credit on GMG. Guess I'll get Metro and something else. I wish I had waited to buy Metro 2033 for Xbox360, though. It's like I'll be paying $14 for Metro 2033, which still isn't a bad deal. Actually it's even less because of the mysterious $8 credit.

[quote name='firepelt97']The 20% off coupon expires on the 19th of October.[/QUOTE]

So....Is that Friday at 12:01am that the 20% code ends?
Or is that through Friday (i.e. Saturday at 12:01am)?

And 12:01am where? The UK?

LoL. Maybe no one knows the answer to those questions, but thought I'd ask anyway.

I definitely recommend the Darkness 2. The art style is really nice, the story is pretty neat, and you feel like an absolute badass.

[quote name='Bizzquik']So....Is that Friday at 12:01am that the 20% code ends?
Or is that through Friday (i.e. Saturday at 12:01am)?

And 12:01am where? The UK?

LoL. Maybe no one knows the answer to those questions, but thought I'd ask anyway.[/QUOTE]
I know the answers to these questions and it has been in the OP the whole time!

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Borderlands is better than Dead Island, but DI is a great game. I played almost 50 hours solo, the DLC is crappy though.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I didn't think much of Borderlands single player, I think I played about 8 hours or so before getting bored. I guess I'll wait for Dead Island for 5 bucks.

[quote name='rybrad']I know the answers to these questions and it has been in the OP the whole time![/QUOTE]

Ah, thank you! Didn't know the first post was updated.

I was hoping for a sale on Dishonored. Kinda bummed its still $48 (after 20% off code).

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Ok so how good/bad is Darksiders II port?

I might have to bite today at 20, and then cancel my Wii-U preorder.[/QUOTE]
I think its a good port. They've patched it some adding more graphical options. Overall it's been stable from day one for me and controlled perfectly fine (though I use a usb 360 controller.)

[quote name='Mooby']Dead Island has great melee combat mechanics but the content itself gets boring and repetitive fast. It's an 'open world' but it's filled with bland MMO quests, enemies scale, and there isn't really much in the way of hidden/fixed loot (a few developer weapons but nothing amazing). I had decent fun with it solo but it certainly wears out its welcome well before you reach the end.[/QUOTE]

Totally agree with this. I didn't even bother to finish the game. It's worth a go for the current price though if you have any interest.

Anyway, a bit bummed that Painkiller: Hell and Damnation isn't part of the Halloween sale when all the other Painkiller games are.

Got Darksiders and the Darksiders II Season Pass for $4 each. Still contemplating if I want to get Darksiders II now for $20 or if it'll get cheaper soon.

I got Darkness 2 free with credit. Its a buck more than I would bother paying but eh...I havent bought anything in a while
[quote name='Terlan']I think its a good port.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Terlan'](though I use a usb 360 controller.)[/QUOTE]
yea..
[quote name='earvcunanan']Got Darksiders and the Darksiders II Season Pass for $4 each. Still contemplating if I want to get Darksiders II now for $20 or if it'll get cheaper soon.[/QUOTE]
should be $10 or less by winter sales time. Im sure you got some backlog to last till then ;)

I would say Borderlands is terrible compared to DI, but what got me into DI was the heavy, powerful melee combat with plentiful ragdolling and dodging and running from hordes. The problem with it is that beyond the halfway point the boring quest-grind begins to take hold and the utterly pointless level scaling where enemies level up with you and drops level up with you but not the weapons you are carrying and all that other nonsense just sorta takes the lead.

Yeah, that sentence just meandered but whatever, I ain't writing Shakespeare.

bread's done
Back