Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

[quote name='Syntax Error']I dunno about "panic"...

But let's be realistic: people stacked the vouchers with sale prices. Vanilla 20% or 25% off sales elicit bored yawns (especially when they're excluding just released games where 25% may mean something). Good for them for continuing with the vouchers but hopefully there'll continue to be chances for stacking sale offers. It looks as though it's stacking with the sales I tried (Crusader Kings II, Borderlands 2) so I guess it's just not stacking with the cash/credit promotions.

Some of the counter-criticism is a bit silly. No one needs to "cry" or "panic" about GMG. If they have the best deals, people will shop there. If they don't, people will shop from the other half-dozen places offering the same digital product. Being critical of changes in GMG's policies from a consumer standpoint and mentioning it on a forum dedicated to deals isn't akin to screaming, waving your arms around and running in circles.[/QUOTE]
I agree with you but I guess I see it from the outside in. If they don't have the best deal, I don't buy from them. That to me is taken for granted. So from my perspective the whole thing is humorous.

[quote name='pROvIs']I agree with you but I guess I see it from the outside in.[/QUOTE]
"Outside" of what? It's a forum for discussing deals, sales and associated merchants. It's like going to a car forum and seeing someone say they think the new Ford looks like crap and saying "Haha, look at you guys talking about this car on this car forum! You're all crying so hard!"

Just seems bizarre to me. I could see it if people were demanding boycotts or class action lawsuits or breaking out their wanna-be lawyer routines and quoting European Union International Humanitarian Law or something but... just saying "Wow, that change sucks. Guess I won't buy from there"? Really?

Takes all kinds, I guess.

[quote name='Syntax Error']"Outside" of what? It's a forum for discussing deals, sales and associated merchants. It's like going to a car forum and seeing someone say they think the new Ford looks like crap and saying "Haha, look at you guys talking about this car on this car forum! You're all crying so hard!"

Just seems bizarre to me. I could see it if people were demanding boycotts or class action lawsuits or breaking out their wanna-be lawyer routines and quoting European Union International Humanitarian Law or something but... just saying "Wow, that change sucks. Guess I won't buy from there"? Really?

Takes all kinds, I guess.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry if I offended you and I'm not trying to flame anyone for being upset. I didn't realize this was so sensitive an issue.

However, I find the following order of events funny:

1. GMG can't discount X-Com in NA.
2. GMG devises cash back program for x-com
3. Customers rejoice.
4. GMG thinks, hey instead of discount vouchers lets just do cash back all the time so we keep customers buying from us.
5. Customers express their displeasure. Some customers state they will not purchase there at all any longer.
6. GMG goes back to vouchers just a few days later.

If its not funny to you, that's fine. However, it makes me smile on two levels.

1. GMG giving up so fast after the community has spoken.
2. Customers acting like the cash back program was the end of any kind of voucher.

It's really a matter of perspective and either way I agree that it requires some conjecture on my part but the extremes make me laugh.

At this point it's no longer funny to me as it has gotten far too sensitive and serious, so I'll back down and won't mention it again.

[quote name='pROvIs']I'm sorry if I offended you and I'm not trying to flame anyone for being upset. I didn't realize this was so sensitive an issue.[/QUOTE]
I'm not offended nor am I especially sensitive about it. I just found it weird that people were being so hyper-defensive about pretty benign criticism.

I do agree that it's interesting that GMG reverted to vouchers so quickly. Failed experiment, I guess and the response must have been much more vocal from other corners than it was here.

They haven't reverted to anything. They said from the outset that the vouchers were not being eliminated, but wouldn't stack with these new cash back/money back deals.

It's just smart business for them to make it so you have to buy from them with these pre order bonuses. They are pretty generous in giving you the option of cash or credit. Seems like no one does that anymore, even with trade ins.

I never really pre order too often, so the occasional voucher stacked upon a sale is all I ever want and it seems those are still around.

[quote name='g6grim']Will the 25% voucher work on multiple orders or is it 1 use only per account?[/QUOTE]

I just used it to buy SD DLC. Then after that order went through I put Dishonored in my cart, added the code, and it applied to dishonored (I am logged in). So I assume it is multiple uses? Not sure if the code would come up as invalid if it wasn't?

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I just used it to buy SD DLC. Then after that order went through I put Dishonored in my cart, added the code, and it applied to dishonored (I am logged in). So I assume it is multiple uses? Not sure if the code would come up as invalid if it wasn't?[/QUOTE]
Thanks. Yeah... it's hard to say. If we still don't have an answer, I'll post here after trying it myself this evening.

[quote name='g6grim']Thanks. Yeah... it's hard to say. If we still don't have an answer, I'll post here after trying it myself this evening.[/QUOTE]

Just used it to buy Red Faction. So it works more than once :)

What does "RPP" mean in this answer from the first post in this thread?

"As our offers are usually VERY competitive, we don't price match our own offers and vouchers. However, if a title is reduced in terms of RRP, we'll refund the difference."

[quote name='luxarific']What does "RPP" mean in this answer from the first post in this thread?

"As our offers are usually VERY competitive, we don't price match our own offers and vouchers. However, if a title is reduced in terms of RRP, we'll refund the difference."[/QUOTE]
Recommended Retail Price, same as MSRP. In other words, no price match unless a title gets a permanent price cut.

[quote name='Xerxes']Does GM charge when you check out or when the preorder goes live?[/QUOTE]

I think it's when you check out, or at least that's how it was for Borderlands 2.

Tried buying NBA 2K13 from GMG for about half an hour using PayPal, my debit and credit card. Would not work for either of them. I would have gladly paid more to get it through them but it was not meant to be. Good deals to be had if you can get the coupon to work. Still eyeing the borderlands season pass though. Is it worth it?

is the coupon multi-use?

just hope that GMG will allow me to use my PayPal to purchase.. it keeps saying it's logged to another account. (well yes, i used it once to help my brother purchase something on his account)

[quote name='cLoso']Tried buying NBA 2K13 from GMG for about half an hour using PayPal, my debit and credit card. Would not work for either of them. I would have gladly paid more to get it through them but it was not meant to be. Good deals to be had if you can get the coupon to work. Still eyeing the borderlands season pass though. Is it worth it?[/QUOTE]
I wasn't able to purchase anything today neither with Paypal nor credit cards. I spoke with the credit card company and they don't even see any transactions coming in. I think GMG's ordering system is just broken and it's been like that for a while according to this announcement from their website: https://greenmangaming.zendesk.com/entries/21796576-payment-issues

I still would like to purchase from them, so I opened a support ticket.

I was able to order something just a few hours ago through PayPal, but now I keep getting this error:

Your Payment Provider has not authorised your purchase. This may be because some banks (incorrectly) believe that Green Man Gaming is a gambling website. Please contact your bank to discuss your order. We are working with these banks to resolve this issue.

I've got funds in my PayPal account.

[quote name='earvcunanan']I was able to order something just a few hours ago through PayPal, but now I keep getting this error:

I've got funds in my PayPal account.[/QUOTE]
I think they are having issues today. I got the same error when I bought the Sleeping Dogs DLC and I was using trade-in credit only.

[quote name='rybrad']Recommended Retail Price, same as MSRP. In other words, no price match unless a title gets a permanent price cut.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info! Do Origin games usually go on pre-order sale? Thinking about picking up Dead Space 3. Not sure if I should wait for a bigger discount coupon (is it even likely?) or a pre-order sale that would combine with a coupon.

Today's daily deal is the Mount and Blade Collection, it does stack with the voucher code so it is a great price.
Mount and Blade Collection $5.62 (Steamworks) with voucher codeGMG25-UAAHK-6AI9S
[quote name='luxarific']Thanks for the info! Do Origin games usually go on pre-order sale? Thinking about picking up Dead Space 3. Not sure if I should wait for a bigger discount coupon (is it even likely?) or a pre-order sale that would combine with a coupon.[/QUOTE]
The 25% is generally as good as it gets. You MIGHT be able to stack with another deal at some point but you might also miss out and be stuck with a 20% voucher instead of 25%. It looks like Dead Space is also at the scam price of $60 AND you have to use Origin, what a fantastic combo.

[quote name='rybrad']Today's daily deal is the Mount and Blade Collection, it does stack with the voucher code so it is a great price.
Mount and Blade Collection $5.62 (Steamworks) with voucher codeGMG25-UAAHK-6AI9S

The 25% is generally as good as it gets. You MIGHT be able to stack with another deal at some point but you might also miss out and be stuck with a 20% voucher instead of 25%. It looks like Dead Space is also at the scam price of $60 AND you have to use Origin, what a fantastic combo.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I'm still going to get it because I love the franchise.

[quote name='cLoso']Tried buying NBA 2K13 from GMG for about half an hour using PayPal, my debit and credit card. Would not work for either of them. I would have gladly paid more to get it through them but it was not meant to be. Good deals to be had if you can get the coupon to work. Still eyeing the borderlands season pass though. Is it worth it?[/QUOTE]

With all the hold ups, has the PC Version of 2k13 been elevated to match the console?

[quote name='rybrad']Today's daily deal is the Mount and Blade Collection, it does stack with the voucher code so it is a great price.

The 25% is generally as good as it gets. You MIGHT be able to stack with another deal at some point but you might also miss out and be stuck with a 20% voucher instead of 25%. It looks like Dead Space is also at the scam price of $60 AND you have to use Origin, what a fantastic combo.[/QUOTE]

Does it include 'Mount & Blade: Warband - Napoleonic Wars' DLC?

[quote name='jer7583']anybody playing NFS: Most Wanted on PC? how is the port?[/QUOTE]
The impressions I have seen are that it is a shit port. The main culprit is poor performance, even on high end machines (i.e. can't hold a solid 60 fps). I would give it a few patches before jumping in as Criterion will hopefully address some of the issues like they did for Hot Pursuit.

For future reference the GMG key for the Sleeping Dogs DLC works with my RU version. It is listed as RU in steam so I assume its the RU version. It shows up in my DLC for the game.

[quote name='rybrad']The impressions I have seen are that it is a shit port. The main culprit is poor performance, even on high end machines (i.e. can't hold a solid 60 fps). I would give it a few patches before jumping in as Criterion will hopefully address some of the issues like they did for Hot Pursuit.[/QUOTE]

It's true. I played it this morning before work for maybe 15 minutes and I spent the whole time adjusting my graphics settings, trying to get the damn thing to run well and didn't have any luck. :drool:

[quote name='IamNoone']Does it include 'Mount & Blade: Warband - Napoleonic Wars' DLC?[/QUOTE]

I wish they wouldve included a simple link to click and see what the bundle contains...

That's a shame about NFS:MW (2012). Thanks for the heads up. I first played NFS:HP (2010) on PC two or three weeks after release and it was just happy as a clam on a then mid-range rig. Burnout Paradise was also fine for me a few weeks after release.

[quote name='asheskitty']That's a shame about NFS:MW (2012). Thanks for the heads up. I first played NFS:HP (2010) on PC two or three weeks after release and it was just happy as a clam on a then mid-range rig. Burnout Paradise was also fine for me a few weeks after release.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Both of those games ru amazingly on my machine, but this one just doesn't seem to want to play nice. Hopefully they'll patch it soon.

[quote name='IamNoone']Does it include 'Mount & Blade: Warband - Napoleonic Wars' DLC?[/QUOTE]

The collection includes:
Mount & Blade: Calradia
Mount & Blade: Warband
Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

[quote name='plutoknight']I guess Sleeping Dogs isn't on sale anymore? Pulls up 49.99 for me :([/QUOTE]
Sorry, the deal expired a couple days ago but I missed updating it. The change from vouchers to cash back/credit and then back to vouchers has made keeping the prices accurate for everything a pain in the ass.

[quote name='THHG']Sine Mora is now only $8.99 on GMG for some reason, so that makes it $6.75 after voucher (it's $13.49 on Steam). Doesn't come out until November 9.[/QUOTE]
I don't know anything about this game but that seems like a solid deal so I added it to the OP and post title.

[quote name='rybrad']Daily Deal
Binary Domain $7.50 (Steamworks) with voucher code GMG25-UAAHK-6AI9S[/QUOTE]
sweet, just got this for free after trading in 5 crappy games I already had on Steam.

Picked up Hitman for 23 after using a credit I didn't even know I had, damn I love GMG. Was holding off for a while but after hearing that interview with David Bateson I was back on board.

bread's done
Back