Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

[quote name='mattrobertsjr']when do you get the steam code after you purchase hitman ?[/QUOTE]

It's whenever the publisher sends the keys to GMG. Sometimes they'll send them a few days before release so people can preload, and sometimes they won't send the keys out until the day of release. The last few games I pre-ordered from GMG (Dishonored, Sleeping Dogs) I got the keys a day or two beforehand so I'm sure it'll be the same with Hitman.

I must say, after playing a few hours of Jet Set Radio last night, I'm impressed with how well it has aged. The 3D-cell shaded style does not seemed dated at all, and being able to run it at 1920x1200 is pleasing.

not sure if im doing anything wrong, but i see the standard edition of hitman at 29$ after the voucher, and the pro edition at 35$, how do you guys get the pro edition for 29$? :whistle2:k

[quote name='asdo']not sure if im doing anything wrong, but i see the standard edition of hitman at 29$ after the voucher, and the pro edition at 35$, how do you guys get the pro edition for 29$? :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]
Did you use the correct voucher code? GMG35-FGR37-COY0B

any chance for deals next friday? im just trying to get Dishonored on PC, though on consoles its going to be $30 on BF, so I'm hoping Steam or GMG has it for the same price.

[quote name='rybrad']How long is an average game? I am going to pick up the Civ expansion during the Steam sales so I would probably only get a little bit of time in with this before then.[/QUOTE]

Honestly it varies widely. So basically for any map you set the size of the map, the number of opponents, and other things like that.

There are also several winning conditions, defeat everyone, cast a "unity" spell, control so many holy locations, defeat the avatar of a god you've angered, etc.

The games can go pretty quickly if you go with a smaller map and only one or two opponents. Even with more opponents and and a smaller map can probably do it in a few hours. When you start doing more opponents, on a huge map, and you are trying to go for alternative wins (wiping everyone out is the easiest, or was, not sure if they changed that in the update), then those games can really take a long time. It's one of things I liked is that you can customize the scenario's pretty well. I think that is one of the reasons they don't have a campaign, to be honest the lack of a campaign was the only real downside I saw....that and the whole "new feature patches" breaking other things.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']I don't see a standard ed. of Hitman on there, maybe due to my region (NA)?[/QUOTE]

yea that's why, the version i see costs 53$ before the coupon, but it includes sniper challenge, while the NA version doesn't.

Damn it! Return of the Elves DLC is out of stock. GREENMAN GAMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING!

[quote name='rybrad']How long is an average game? I am going to pick up the Civ expansion during the Steam sales so I would probably only get a little bit of time in with this before then.[/QUOTE]

Roughly 4 hours a game for me, but I haven't done any largest map size with maximum alternate worlds games.

[quote name='asdo']not sure if im doing anything wrong, but i see the standard edition of hitman at 29$ after the voucher, and the pro edition at 35$, how do you guys get the pro edition for 29$? :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

Same for me.

[quote name='asdo']yea that's why, the version i see costs 53$ before the coupon, but it includes sniper challenge, while the NA version doesn't.[/QUOTE]
I might buy this if I could get the standard... pro doesn't sound like it's worth additional cash to me. $29 is great for a brand new game but I'm not 100% sold on it, I want some reviews.

If this coupon is good til next Friday like was mentioned earlier, then maybe I'll wait, lose the 10% preorder discount but still get 35% off after I get a chance to read some reviews and impressions.

If we pre-order Hitman Absolution, will we get the pre-purchase offer from Steam as well (Hitman Collection)? Or is that when purchased directly from Steam only?

Same question with the Sniper Challenge as well...If this has been answered already, I apologize, I am at work and in a hurry lol

[quote name='DeadlyToothpick']If we pre-order Hitman Absolution, will we get the pre-purchase offer from Steam as well (Hitman Collection)? Or is that when purchased directly from Steam only?

Same question with the Sniper Challenge as well...If this has been answered already, I apologize, I am at work and in a hurry lol[/QUOTE]

No. Sniper challenge is exclusive to Steam and GameStop in North America.

FYI - for those interested in LEGO Lord of the Rings-

I picked this up from GMG but it doesn't appear to be available yet in the Steam store. It accepted my code and displays in my library as LEGO Lord of the Rings, but isn't available for download yet or have a store page (it does show the achievements, however).

Hope this gets added to the storefront soon!

[quote name='jrutz']FYI - for those interested in LEGO Lord of the Rings-

I picked this up from GMG but it doesn't appear to be available yet in the Steam store. It accepted my code and displays in my library as LEGO Lord of the Rings, but isn't available for download yet or have a store page (it does show the achievements, however).

Hope this gets added to the storefront soon![/QUOTE]
Yea, there is a thread on the GMG forums about it. WB delayed the game for technical reasons, pretty shitty launch all around for every version of the game with the console version "demo" issue as well.

i'm still pretty annoyed I can't pay with my paypal or creditcards (GMG says they are registered with another account)

sending a support ticket does nothing

[quote name='DeadlyToothpick']If we pre-order Hitman Absolution, will we get the pre-purchase offer from Steam as well (Hitman Collection)? Or is that when purchased directly from Steam only?

Same question with the Sniper Challenge as well...If this has been answered already, I apologize, I am at work and in a hurry lol[/QUOTE]

Reiterating DeadlyToothpick's question, does the GMG version include the Hitman Collection. Apparently if you preorder Hitman Absolution off Steam you'll get...

Sniper Challenge
+
"Pre-purchase now and get the following:

Receive and play The Hitman Collection immediately! The Hitman Collection includes:

Hitman: Codename 47
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin
Hitman: Blood Money"

If the GMG version includes the three older Hitman games then it's all gravy, but if it doesn't then do you guys think ~$15 is worth it for the three Hitman games?

[quote name='realkilla789']Thanks OP. Got hitman. Now I just need a wired controller to play it with.[/QUOTE]

I see you have a XBL account listed w/ your CAG account here.
Do you have a USB X360 controller from your XB360?
If yes - you can plug that into your PC! :D

EDIT:
Win 7 should recognize your X360 Controller, once you plug it in.
Many PC games, they often do support the X360 controller - since that is the standard controller here.
Just look at a PC game's system requirements - and see if the X360 controller is suggested or recommended.
Hitman: Absolution PC on its Steam page does say it supports controllers, so I'd bet X360 controller is supported here.

EDIT:
Hitman: Absolution PC manual is already up on Steam.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='asheskitty']Steam has had a Hitman 3-pack (47, 2, Blood Money) for ~$6.25 a few times.[/QUOTE]

They really should get Hitman: Contracts up on Steam, if they can ever get rid of the licensing issue w/ Clutch over the song "Immortal" that's in the game.
Maybe if they can't get a license renewal w/ Clutch, maybe they should just remove the song or something? [shrug]

[quote name='SiMMENS']Any thoughts on Syndicate?[/QUOTE]

Pretty good FPS, nothing like the original though. There are a few interesting mechanics, graphics are good, gameplay is solid. Worth 7 bucks.

I have only tried single player though, coop is supposed to be a blast.

[quote name='SiMMENS']Any thoughts on Syndicate?[/QUOTE]
It's one of the few games on today's market that really takes pains to let you know if you're looking at a table, a plant or a soda can.

Is the Borderlands 2 Season Pass $18.40 (Steamworks) still up? It shows $22.99 for me and none of the codes are bring down the price ;/

[quote name='MysterD']They really should get Hitman: Contracts up on Steam, if they can ever get rid of the licensing issue w/ Clutch over the song "Immortal" that's in the game.
Maybe if they can't get a license renewal w/ Clutch, maybe they should just remove the song or something? [shrug][/QUOTE]

I managed to snag (download) Contracts on a Gamefly sale before they got the memo. =) Remove a song from a game? Who would do that? SEGA

[quote name='rybrad']New deals today:Syndicate $7.92 with voucher code GMG20-1FYLZ-EDG8R, this game requires Origin
Viking: Battle for Asgard $9 (Steamworks) with voucher code GMG20-1FYLZ-EDG8R[/QUOTE]

Syndicate was $6 on GG back in August. I think $5 on Amazon in the near past.

Isnt' Viking in an upcoming OMG-Tony-Pack?

[quote name='evachrono']Is the Borderlands 2 Season Pass $18.40 (Steamworks) still up? It shows $22.99 for me and none of the codes are bring down the price ;/[/QUOTE]
I can't check it myself since I already own it but when the code switched on Friday I know it still worked. Are you from the US? If so, and it isn't working for you, I will update the OP.
[quote name='asheskitty']Isnt' Viking in an upcoming OMG-Tony-Pack?[/QUOTE]
Yea, it will be in the $20 SEGA pack so if you want any of the other games in that pack then this is a mediocre deal.

I would buy all of the Crusader Kings II DLCs currently on sale, but the two main DLC packs are listed as "Out of Stock".

Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/strategy/crusader-kings-ii-legacy-rome/

Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/strategy/crusader-kings-ii-sword-islam/

Is there any chance that they will get more keys in the near future before the sale runs out? Otherwise I will just wait for a DLC pack or individual sales on Amazon during the holidays and also pick up Promo $5 off coupons then.

If anyone's having payment issues with GMG, send me a PM and I can buy a game for you and send the key in exchange for the game's cost via PayPal.

[quote name='rybrad']I can't check it myself since I already own it but when the code switched on Friday I know it still worked. Are you from the US? If so, and it isn't working for you, I will update the OP.

Yea, it will be in the $20 SEGA pack so if you want any of the other games in that pack then this is a mediocre deal.[/QUOTE]

I am in the US maybe i'm using the wrong code o-O ? what code should I be using other wise I think might went up then.

[quote name='asheskitty']Gamestop/Impuse has CK2 stuff on sale for 75% off. My understanding is that you need to install their client to get your steam keys. A lot of CAGs take issue with the Impulse client. I can't recall specifics.

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/dlc/crusader-kings-ii-legacy-of-rome/106130

Do NOT buy CK2 on GG unless you already have CK2 from GG; it's the only non-steam CK2 for the USA. They are also having 75% off.
http://www.gamersgate.com/crusaderkings[/QUOTE]

I will probably wait for an Amazon sale then. Thanks for the help.

[quote name='dejeckt']Reiterating DeadlyToothpick's question, does the GMG version include the Hitman Collection. Apparently if you preorder Hitman Absolution off Steam you'll get...

Sniper Challenge
+
"Pre-purchase now and get the following:

Receive and play The Hitman Collection immediately! The Hitman Collection includes:

Hitman: Codename 47
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin
Hitman: Blood Money"

If the GMG version includes the three older Hitman games then it's all gravy, but if it doesn't then do you guys think ~$15 is worth it for the three Hitman games?[/QUOTE]

There's a thread on it in the GMG forums. No one knows for sure yet because someone directly related to GMG hasn't responded yet. But it seems like the Hitman collection is only offered by Steam and not by other retailers. So it appears that they won't be included unless GMG actually adds it to their sales page.

I hope they match it because I would love to have the Hitman collection or at least Blood Money although I would like to have all of the games. But if they don't I'll still buy it at the $30 price point, I think that's a fair price for a solid big name title.

http://forums.greenmangaming.com/topic/3457/

Hmm, I was trying to dig up why people didn't like the Gamestop/Impulse client. It seems to come down to:
  1. "Having to install another client to see my steam key is bullshit."
  2. There has been at least one known case (King Arthur II) of a steamworks game being sold on gamestop as a non-steam version. I have found no complaints of games on gamestop labeled "steam required" not being steam.

I'm in the same boat as you, I want to pickup the CK2:Legacy of Rome DLC. GMG ran out of Legacy of Rome keys while I was buying JSR. I'm really not sure I want to bother with gamestop (only legit source I haven't bought from), since I know we'll see 75% off again in the next 5 weeks. Just seeing GMG, GG, & Gamestop run it on a 75% off weekend bodes well.

Welcome! And not to rain on your parade, but the current bundle prices are a joke. Also GMG has been promoting those on their main page for a week.

[quote name='asheskitty']Welcome! And not to rain on your parade, but the current bundle prices are a joke. Also GMG has been promoting those on their main page for a week.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they're pretty eh. Just thought I'd mention it in case someone wanted to take a look. And yup, definitely missed that they've been on the main page. I normally just go and check their daily deal quickly and go elsewhere. Sorry about that!

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Just sent in a ticket asking for a credit of the difference, I picked up the Hitman preorder when it was at 33.75. Hope they come through on it.[/QUOTE]

I submitted a ticket too and got the $4.50 credited to my account with no problems.

[quote name='asheskitty']Hmm, I was trying to dig up why people didn't like the Gamestop/Impulse client. It seems to come down to:
  1. "Having to install another client to see my steam key is bullshit."
  2. There has been at least one known case (King Arthur II) of a steamworks game being sold on gamestop as a non-steam version. I have found no complaints of games on gamestop labeled "steam required" not being steam.

I'm in the same boat as you, I want to pickup the CK2:Legacy of Rome DLC. GMG ran out of Legacy of Rome keys while I was buying JSR. I'm really not sure I want to bother with gamestop (only legit source I haven't bought from), since I know we'll see 75% off again in the next 5 weeks. Just seeing GMG, GG, & Gamestop run it on a 75% off weekend bodes well.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat with everyone else here: I wanted to get LoR (and a couple other CK2 DLC's) but GMG ran out of keys before I could order. So I went ahead and got it through GameStop.

It actually wasn't a big deal. It's true that I had to download and install Impulse just to get the the product keys. After I got the keys from Impulse and entered them into Steam, I simply uninstalled Impulse. Total amount of time spent: 10-15 minutes. No big deal.

[quote name='arschloch']
I'm in the same boat with everyone else here: I wanted to get LoR (and a couple other CK2 DLC's) but GMG ran out of keys before I could order. So I went ahead and got it through GameStop.
It actually wasn't a big deal. It's true that I had to download and install Impulse just to get the the product keys. After I got the keys from Impulse and entered them into Steam, I simply uninstalled Impulse. Total amount of time spent: 10-15 minutes. No big deal.[/QUOTE]

Cool! Thanks for that!

The Impulse client thing isn't a deal-breaker for a great sale but it is an unnecessary PITA and drops them down off my regular list of sites to check. For a dollar or two difference, I'd rather go with the place that doesn't make me jump through hoops but, for a deep discount, I'll accept the install/uninstall polka.

I liked Syndicate but I'm never going to play it again.

Co-op is decent fun though but you need a friend or two. Otherwise, stick with Payday.

bread's done
Back