Grip-iT Analog Stick Covers for PS3 & Xbox 360 (4 pack) $3.98 FREE SHIPPING

i have bought two of these from Frys! They are excellent after you wrestle them on for about 5 mins..also great if you have small kids b/c they can just chew it right off (make sure they don't swallow!) and your thumbstick should stay bite free :D

Thanks OP, gonna pick up another just to have around.

I guess I'm the only one with negative experience... They work well enough, but come off way too often. I'd steer clear if you use a Dualshock(maybe 360 controllers work better), unless you want to super glue them on.

The PS3 versions do slide off easier because of the convex shape. It works better on the 360 controllers because of their concave shape. I got them for free with an order from Playasia once.

I've been using these things for a year and a half or so. Love em, no more dealing with the little grippy nubs on the 360 controller wearing off and no more dealing with the PS3s super slippery analog sticks. Well worth the $4.

[quote name='captpluto9465']The PS3 versions do slide off easier because of the convex shape. It works better on the 360 controllers because of their concave shape. I got them for free with an order from Playasia once.[/QUOTE]

I have not had this experience of the covers sliding off of the PS3 analog sticks. And the tendency of things to slip off of the convex tops of the PS3 sticks is exactly why the Grip-Its are useful. I consider these covers unnecessary for the 360 but essential for the PS3.

I just ordered replacement analog sticks for my controller. Mushroom tops like the ps3. Only a few bucks more for a long term fix (but u have to open the controller)

do they heighten the sticks enough that they improve accuracy in shooters? i don't want to shell out more than $10 for alternatives like the fps freeks.

[quote name='PublikDefender']do they heighten the sticks enough that they improve accuracy in shooters? i don't want to shell out more than $10 for alternatives like the fps freeks.[/QUOTE]

Nope. These are basically just covers on your analog sticks. They're great for grip IMO. I like them, so I'm ordering another pair. Thanks for the deal OP!

[quote name='PublikDefender']do they heighten the sticks enough that they improve accuracy in shooters? i don't want to shell out more than $10 for alternatives like the fps freeks.[/QUOTE]

Yes, of course.
Just put 10 of them on each stick.

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']Question... will both sets work on the 360 or just one pair? Dont really play games much with the PS3.[/QUOTE]

Both sets are exactly the same.

i second that they fall off of ps3 controllers too easily. i have a pile of them, and i LOVE them... except they fall off quite a bit to the point of being quite annoying. this happens mostly in games that you slide hard in, like, say, dual stick shooters (where you're putting a lot of horizontal pressure on them)

however, for any ps3 gamer, I can not recommend getting triggers enough. triggers on your l2 and r2 will forever change the way you view your controller, it's so superior i can't even play w/o them anymore. a controller with triggers and these grips is 100x superior to one w/o, though if i had to choose between grips and triggers, i'd go with triggers. trust me, it'll blow your mind how much better the controller feels.

I've used these on and off over the years. They're good for adding extra grip, and also reducing the concave shape of the 360 analog sticks (thereby helping aim). I've seen some MLG pro players swear by these.

They don't add much height at all to your analog stick, so they're not like FPS Freeks. FPS Freeks decrease the mechanical resistance of analog sticks by increasing mechanical leverage via extra length, and also adding range of motion (analog stick travel). All these Grip-it's do is add a different feel to the analog sticks. Some may like the feel, some may hate it. For $4, they're worth giving a try.

Anyway, $4 is a pretty good price. They used to be a few dollars more expensive.

[quote name='affa']i second that they fall off of ps3 controllers too easily. i have a pile of them, and i LOVE them... except they fall off quite a bit to the point of being quite annoying. this happens mostly in games that you slide hard in, like, say, dual stick shooters (where you're putting a lot of horizontal pressure on them.[/QUOTE]
You guys must be abusing the hell out of your PS3 analog sticks. I've used any combination of FPS Freeks, Grip-it's, Orb grips, Modsticks, and pretty much everything else you can think of. I've never had the problem of Grip-it's slipping off of my PS3 controller. They wrap around your analog stick pretty tight. Like an undersized condom.

[quote name='affa']i second that they fall off of ps3 controllers too easily. i have a pile of them, and i LOVE them... except they fall off quite a bit to the point of being quite annoying. this happens mostly in games that you slide hard in, like, say, dual stick shooters (where you're putting a lot of horizontal pressure on them)

however, for any ps3 gamer, I can not recommend getting triggers enough. triggers on your l2 and r2 will forever change the way you view your controller, it's so superior i can't even play w/o them anymore. a controller with triggers and these grips is 100x superior to one w/o, though if i had to choose between grips and triggers, i'd go with triggers. trust me, it'll blow your mind how much better the controller feels.[/QUOTE]
Agreed 100%. I bought whatever triggers they sell at Gamestop a while back and love them. Recently I bought a Pelican set that also came with a set of stick grips and they seem great too.

I just ordered two sets from Amazon. I do think it's iffy that they are compatible with both the 360 and PS3 controllers and don't make separate models for each.

Okay, I just ordered this from Amazon for my PS3. I've read enough positive testimonials, and I'm tired of my thumb slipping when I am playing games that require me to hold the stick over for a period of time.

[quote name='sTaTIx']
You guys must be abusing the hell out of your PS3 analog sticks. I've used any combination of FPS Freeks, Grip-it's, Orb grips, Modsticks, and pretty much everything else you can think of. I've never had the problem of Grip-it's slipping off of my PS3 controller. They wrap around your analog stick pretty tight. Like an undersized condom.[/QUOTE]

they're tight, but too small. if they truly wrapped 'around' them, it would be fine, but they're just 'down the side', not down and around all the way around - of note, some seem 'off center', which makes them fall off much easier. i have around 8 of them for 3 controllers, and some seem better than others.

I don't know what to say, I don't think I use my analogs to roughly, but they certainly slip off I'd say around every 30-45 minutes depending on the game. I've used these with AC, GT5, & U3 to name a few.

Also... I have to say that I really don't think these are at all necessary. At all. Not even in the slightest. I don't recognize much of any difference at all(ok, there is a difference), and I didn't know there was even a problem to begin with. What I do whole-heartedly recommend(as mentioned above) is buying triggers. I never use my DS3 without them, there really is an added difference there.

Last edited by a moderator:
i have triggers and when i go too crazy they pop off and fly across the room. i am half tempted to glue them on

also ordered a pair as it includes 4 grips. i can use them for ps3 and 360

When I use the Grip-it I only put my thumbs on the front tips of the analog sticks and my thumbs don't slip off. I find myself putting less presure on my analog sticks when using the Grip-its.

I got one for the 360 controllers to hopefully extend the life of the sticks. I would recommend the other brand that has the triggers as well for PS3.

[quote name='affa']i second that they fall off of ps3 controllers too easily. i have a pile of them, and i LOVE them... except they fall off quite a bit to the point of being quite annoying. this happens mostly in games that you slide hard in, like, say, dual stick shooters (where you're putting a lot of horizontal pressure on them)

however, for any ps3 gamer, I can not recommend getting triggers enough. triggers on your l2 and r2 will forever change the way you view your controller, it's so superior i can't even play w/o them anymore. a controller with triggers and these grips is 100x superior to one w/o, though if i had to choose between grips and triggers, i'd go with triggers. trust me, it'll blow your mind how much better the controller feels.[/QUOTE]

I have used the Grip-its for over a year on the PS3 and Xbox 360 controllers. They never fall off when I use them, you just need to install them correctly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgWRapjAlv8

I absolutely love these things.

GXE29B-3.jpg

... damn that pic is huge. :lol:

... that's better

[quote name='tokyostomp']i have triggers and when i go too crazy they pop off and fly across the room. i am half tempted to glue them on

also ordered a pair as it includes 4 grips. i can use them for ps3 and 360[/QUOTE]

I superglued my PS3 Real Triggers to the DS3. They were fine at first, then kept slipping off during Uncharted 3 MP, so I had enough.

Wow, the markup on this covers is incredible, even at $0.25 a set they could prob. make 5X their investment. I should have thought of this!

Now, I find it interesting that all of you recommend it, I might try them when they drop lower.

I got mine yesterday. Easily installed on both 360 and PS3 controllers in about 30 seconds, not sure what the issue could be.

In any case, they feel pretty good. My sticks aren't worn but it does give them a better grip. I'd say they're worth it if you play a lot of games and want a slightly improved feel to your sticks, not at all necessary but worth the price.

[quote name='Turbojugend']I got mine yesterday. Easily installed on both 360 and PS3 controllers in about 30 seconds, not sure what the issue could be.

In any case, they feel pretty good. My sticks aren't worn but it does give them a better grip. I'd say they're worth it if you play a lot of games and want a slightly improved feel to your sticks, not at all necessary but worth the price.[/QUOTE]

Well when all the traction is gone from your sticks and all that's left is a smooth surface, I think these are well worth a few dollars as you said

Lol, of course I "installed" them correctly. I'm not sure how you could do it wrong... But I digress, they do slip off the analog sticks when I use them. Simple as that. Maybe not every two minutes, but at least 1-2 times per play session.

If they're slipping off, it's because you are applying too much pressure. Learn to take it easy on those sticks. :lol:

I had the grip-its but they did fall off as they lost their elasticity. I replaced them with the FPS Freek CQC and greatly prefer them as they're concave and attach firmly (though probably dig into the stick plastic which doesn't matter if I never take them off). The added height takes a little getting used to, and they're a bit more expensive, but a superior alternative that is worth the money.

[quote name='joeyshadows']Looks like they went up to 4.99 on bb and amz. Still kind of tempted.[/QUOTE]

they are back to 3.99, i put in an order for a set. I have some different kind on my ps3 controller and love them, i hate the ps3 analog sticks my thumb slides right off.

i ordered these a few days ago. i checked the ups tracking number and i got this

Pkg delay-add'l security check by gov't or other agency- beyond UPS control.

must be coming from china or something

got these from amazon for $4. I've tried them a bit and they're...ok.

They add a little bit or grip, but I hate the pattern they have on them, doesn't feel comfortable. Wish it was more uniform. They also get very slippery if you have any oil, water, sweat, wahtever on your fingers or the pads. If they are completely dry they are pretty grippy, but that only lasts a few minutes.

Like others said they stay on 360 sticks better than dualshock ones. They still work the same on the dualshock and I feel are more necessary on the PS3 because of the shape of the default pads.

The rubber is not very rubbery like I expected, I was hoping for softer even.

For $4 worth a shot if you dont like the default pads on your controller.

Good deal tip, they used to be $5 for 1 pair, so now I'll be buying a 2 pack! :lol:

[quote name='jon714']I have used the Grip-its for over a year on the PS3 and Xbox 360 controllers. They never fall off when I use them, you just need to install them correctly.[/QUOTE]

Nope, we are 'installing' them correctly (I mean, how many different ways are there to add these on?), however they do indeed slip off the PS3 sticks very easily. They stay on 360 analog sticks no problem though.

[quote name='detectiveconan16']I've worn out the joysticks on some of my old Gamecube controllers, and I wonder if I could use these things on that too,.[/QUOTE]
I just tested it for you and the answer is not really. Yes the plastic bit can be placed on top, but the GCN left analog stick is a bit smaller than the PS3 or 360 sticks, so it's very loose. While it doesn't feel like it'll slip off easily (I just tried making hard motions on the stick now and it stays on fine), due to the fact that it's slightly too big for the GCN stick, it can spin around freely and easily giving it an odd feeling.

Overall answer: No.

bread's done
Back