Ground Zeros reviews

My local redbox locations have the game in stock at quite a few locations. 1.99 this game is probably worth. PS3 though. Also you can easily beat it in a day. Or an hour.

My local redbox locations have the game in stock at quite a few locations. 1.99 this game is probably worth. PS3 though. Also you can easily beat it in a day. Or an hour.
First time through I would say maybe two hours and two days for all the side ops mission. Even than you probably won't 100% it. I put 10 hours into it already and I am still sitting at 29%. This is even with some online help with finding the locations of all the collectibles.

First time through I would say maybe two hours and two days for all the side ops mission. Even than you probably won't 100% it. I put 10 hours into it already and I am still sitting at 29%. This is even with some online help with finding the locations of all the collectibles.
Congrats! You are in a huge minority however. Still to each his own!

Just watch ign's 9 min speed play...  looked super easy...  and score was ok, they got an A grade and I am sure if they didn't kill anyone it would be higher?  can you tranq people?  Never seen a game like that...

you can tranq people. In the main missions to get S you have to have no kills/0-2 spotings/ save atleast 4 hostages/ under 20min

I love Metal Gear Solid as much as the next guy (well, more than the next guy), but it's cringeworthy how far some people go in trying to defend the length of Ground Zeroes.  On the MGS Facebook page, I saw someone comparing a 10 minute "speedrun" of Ground Zeroes to a 15 minute "speedrun" of Ocarina of Time (actually an 18 minute abuse of glitches).

Actually, found the image again:

OiCWFXr.png

Finally got time to to a speedrun. Happy with the result. Almost got caught at the end with the soldier hiding inside the outpost. Sheesh!

Not yet. Have to try and collect those things too. Just finish eliminate the renegades. Got a B on my 1st try. Will try again tom. Im sleepy. Haha

I love Metal Gear Solid as much as the next guy (well, more than the next guy), but it's cringeworthy how far some people go in trying to defend the length of Ground Zeroes. On the MGS Facebook page, I saw someone comparing a 10 minute "speedrun" of Ground Zeroes to a 15 minute "speedrun" of Ocarina of Time (actually an 18 minute abuse of glitches).

Actually, found the image again:

OiCWFXr.png
Thanks for pointing out that OoT was done with glitches. GZ defenders can be morons. I've also never heard of a game boasting it's length based on collectibles. 'Oh look you missed some collectibles in Uncharted, now play it a 2nd time for double the play-time!'

Last edited by a moderator:
the price is main issue for me. if the game for all systems was say 15 bucks i would not mind seeing it's typical price for dlc's/arcade games. 

Picked up this game again after a little break from it and I am enjoying it. Got most of the buttons and mechanics down.

I am enjoying it a lot more now. Just trying to S rank the missions, but the...

snipe the 2 guys, rescue Hideo mission and the last one with Raiden
is giving me some trouble. Best I can manage is B rank, but gonna play around some more with it.

bread's done
Back