Group Lowball Is Over Thanks Everyone!

why did you feel it was necessary to quote me when you posted that? What I said has nothing do to do with your point. But thanks though.

...or to cover fees. I see what you are going for there. But if the total of someone's winnings is $5 and they pay via paypal and the amount we receive is is $4.50 because we had to cover the fess, I know I'm not gonna send unless the full payment is received.

When you buy something at the store and it costs $1, you don't hand the clerk .85 and expect to walk away with it do you?

Last edited by a moderator:
wait, I just read that Edwin is not around right now. We have to wait until he gets back to end this thing.

[quote name='strizay']When you buy something at the store and it costs $1, you don't hand the clerk .85 and expect to walk away with it do you?[/QUOTE]

The shopper paid $1, $0.85 would be what the store receives for completing the transaction through a service eg. Visa. So in this case it would be Paypal.

[quote name='strizay']why did you feel it was necessary to quote me when you posted that? What I said has nothing do to do with your point. But thanks though.

...or to cover fees. I see what you are going for there. But if the total of someone's winnings is $5 and they pay via paypal and the amount we receive is is $4.50 because we had to cover the fess, I know I'm not gonna send unless the full payment is received.

When you buy something at the store and it costs $1, you don't hand the clerk .85 and expect to walk away with it do you?[/QUOTE]

Lets say I buy $100 item at Wal-mart and choose to use my visa, they will not charge me MORE to use my visa. I will be charged the $100 for the transaction however they will receive ~$98 after paying visa fees (assuming 2%). The fees are the cost of doing business, you agree to these terms and fees when signing up for an account.

And I just had a lowball, one purchaser bought a single item for $1 after fees receiving about $0.68 {Charging approximate shipping so net gain equals zero} I believe my net loss was $0.10. Once again this is the cost of doing business.

As for what you saying having nothing to do with my post? It has complete relevance as you were the one to suggest breaching paypal TOS

Alright, I understand what you are trying to say. I get it. But as for my portion of the lowball, I expect complete payment of the amount due. Nothing less. If the full amount due is not paid, the items(s) will not be sent. Easy as that. You don't want to pay completely, don't bid on my stuff. I can't be the only one that feels that way.

We're already going to lose money on shipping supplies, packing and gas to drive to ship the packages. The understanding of what is involved is not the issue, the expected loss of money is also not the issue. If it was, lowballs wouldn't exist. Why would someone intentionally sell a $30 item for $5?

I'm with strizay.

Lowballs are a chance for people to get stuff much cheaper than what it goes for elsewhere, and If you win something for $1, I expect to get the full dollar, not 60 cents.

After shipping fees and supplies, most stuff is already being sold at a loss, why make it even worse?

Either cover the fees, or use gift.

This is my 4th lowball, and I've never had a problem with others willing to cover fees or use gift.

[quote name='strizay']Alright, I understand what you are trying to say. I get it. But as for my portion of the lowball, I expect complete payment of the amount due. Nothing less. If the full amount due is not paid, the items(s) will not be sent. Easy as that. You don't want to pay completely, don't bid on my stuff. I can't be the only one that feels that way.

We're already going to lose money on shipping supplies, packing and gas to drive to ship the packages. The understanding of what is involved is not the issue, the expected loss of money is also not the issue. If it was, lowballs wouldn't exist. Why would someone intentionally sell a $30 item for $5?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ShadowSx']I'm with strizay.

Lowballs are a chance for people to get stuff much cheaper than what it goes for elsewhere, and If you win something for $1, I expect to get the full dollar, not 60 cents.

After shipping fees and supplies, most stuff is already being sold at a loss, why make it even worse?

Either cover the fees, or use gift.

This is my 4th lowball, and I've never had a problem with others willing to cover fees or use gift.[/QUOTE]

as somebody who has participated in a few lowball auctions, let me just state that participating in one as a seller is an absolute gamble. Nobody would want to sell a 30 dollar item for 5 dollars, thats just silly. but if it only gets that much on a bid, then as a seller you take the lose and bite it. I just had a Mass Effect 1 guides go for 3 dollars, less than I paid for it and much less than what it is worth. Thats the way it goes sometimes.

as for the TOS of PP and the Lowball Rule that Kovorkian quoted, I would suggest avoiding blatant disregard for for CAG lowball rules, especially in a thread that you are selling items in, or (the much more lucrative and simple solution), just get a Amazon Payments account. There are no fees for anyone with that service so you get your whole dollar amount.

Believe me, I understand both of the statements I quoted here. It sucks to lose on money in an auction. Just keep in mind the nature of what it is that you are participating in, have some fun, try to make some money and be cool!

If any of you choose not to abide by the terms of CAG lowballs, this site itself and the Paypal TOS, you are free to take your sales elsewhere and/or receive appropriate feedback from your winning bidders.

I could have swore that forcing the buyer use Gifting and having to pay for cost of fees was against the rules of this site? If a user bids $1 they expect to pay $1 plus the cost of shipping and whatever additional they choose to pay ie- Delivery Confirmation, Insurance, etc. not $1.33 + cost of shipping. Your rules clearly state that the bidder only needs to pay for the amount they've bid plus shipping. Adding in rules halfway during the bidding process is completely unfair to anyone who has already placed bids.

Just got back from work and haven't been able to check the thread all day. I will only be accepting Paypal but I understand the CAG rules for lowballs so I'll be paying the fees. In whichever way I sold my stuff (ebay, amazon) I'd pay fees so I don't really have a problem. Now if someone wants to gift me the money owed that'd be cool since I've done that myself in a few lowballs without the seller asking. That's completely up to the buyer though and I'm not requiring gifting at all.

[quote name='trollape74']Now if someone wants to gift me the money owed that'd be cool since I've done that myself in a few lowballs without the seller asking. That's completely up to the buyer though and I'm not requiring gifting at all.[/QUOTE]

Only here 6 months, and you already get it! :applause:

that's basically what I said if it wasn't taken out of proportion the way it was. I wasn't demanding a breech of PP contract. I'm just not trying to take a loss more than I have to. If I get a payment and it's not the amount expected, I'll pm that person and tell them they still owe me whatever the odd change was that they are short. No big deal, I can't see why this is causing a controversy. I'm not a business, I'm just a dude sitting here trying to basically give away my stuff for as cheap as possible. I'm not gonna make a profit at all from this. And I'm totally OK with that.

Too contradictory.

It's not basically what you are saying at all if you then say you will "pm that person and tell them they still owe me whatever the odd change was".

What I am saying is that this is a non-negotiable. I'm sure a mod will be in contact with you shortly.

I just want to get rid of this stuff before I have to start stacking things on the floor.

Completely unrelated, but still.

But yeah if the end date "magically" gets extended until Billionaire Tedwin shows up I wouldn't mind. Dude is your best friend if you're a seller and worst enemy if you're a buyer (and I mean that in the nicest way possible):lol:

[quote name='Namurashi']I could have swore that forcing the buyer use Gifting and having to pay for cost of fees was against the rules of this site? If a user bids $1 they expect to pay $1 plus the cost of shipping and whatever additional they choose to pay ie- Delivery Confirmation, Insurance, etc. not $1.33 + cost of shipping. Your rules clearly state that the bidder only needs to pay for the amount they've bid plus shipping. Adding in rules halfway during the bidding process is completely unfair to anyone who has already placed bids.[/QUOTE]

This is 100% incontrovertibly what it is supposed to be. As a member of Cheap Ass Gamer who lost ~$40 on shipping alone for my first lowball sale, I didn't mind, as I still made quite a bit of money. If Strizay refused to send any items I would win until I paid the fees, I would pay the fee and then leave either neutral or negative feedback, as, again, what I highlighted is what is correct.

Forcing someone to pay your paypal fees is against CAG and PP rules. If someone wins your auction for $5 strizay, they can pay you with any method of paypal that they want and for $5, nothing more. You cannot force a gift, nor extra payment. Gifts basically put 100% trust in the receiver, since you cannot dispute it ( and weren't you just scammed because you sent a gift strizay?).

Anyway, if anyone gets a message from a seller requiring extra payment, let me know and they will be dealt with.

remove me from this. I'm done.

this is ridiculous. first I get a temp ban for no reason, I let it go. Now everyone wants to jump on me because I want paid properly. I don't get it. If the total is $5 you pay $5, not less. That's stupid.

At risk of offending possible bidders, I'll only say that I'd appreciate PayPal gifts. I was unaware this wasn't the norm, but I suppose it's my fault for being ignorant in that regard.

[quote name='strizay']remove me from this. I'm done.

this is ridiculous. first I get a temp ban for no reason, I let it go. Now everyone wants to jump on me because I want paid properly. I don't get it. If the total is $5 you pay $5, not less. That's stupid.[/QUOTE]

Current valid bids for posterity in case it's deleted from the OP:
strizay
100. Force Unleased A - $1 sdragon
101. Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter A -$1 Aceboogz
102. Ghost Recon Future Soldier A - $4 Aceboogz
105. Resistance Fall of Man A - $3 drjones83
106. PS3 Two Controller Charging Dock A B - $2 diazt350
111. Splinter Cell - $1 Pikagreg
112. Sonic Heroes - $1 Pikagreg
114. Oddworld Munch's Oddysee - $1 Pikagreg
117. AC III George Washington's Notebook (excellent) A - $1 Kovorkian
118. Infamous Comic from CE (excellent) A -$1 Kovorkian

I think this would be a good time to remind everyone of something. With the large amount of you advertising and/or recruiting I have seen for group lowballs recently, it's a good thing to remember...

You are the company you keep and someone letting bidders down in your lowball can (and likely will) reflect on you.

I can't stress enough the importance of trying to keep your lowballs limited to a group of people you feel entirely comfortable with rather than running it with a group of people you know in passing or not at all.

[quote name='dv8mad']Current valid bids for posterity in case it's deleted from the OP:
strizay
100. Force Unleased A - $1 sdragon
101. Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter A -$1 Aceboogz
102. Ghost Recon Future Soldier A - $4 Aceboogz
105. Resistance Fall of Man A - $3 drjones83
106. PS3 Two Controller Charging Dock A B - $2 diazt350
111. Splinter Cell - $1 Pikagreg
112. Sonic Heroes - $1 Pikagreg
114. Oddworld Munch's Oddysee - $1 Pikagreg
117. AC III George Washington's Notebook (excellent) A - $1 Kovorkian
118. Infamous Comic from CE (excellent) A -$1 Kovorkian

[/QUOTE]

Those affected users, feel free to leave a negative feedback for strizay.
He won't be participating in lowballs anymore, as per his request.

[quote name='strizay']remove me from this. I'm done.[/QUOTE]

Thanks dv8mad I copied them to a word file before removing them from the OP. I did not foresee the payment being an issue but I had assumed everyone was aware of CAG rules and Policies.

I would like to apologize to everyone for the speed bumps this lowball has seen recently.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Those affected users, feel free to leave a negative feedback for strizay.
He won't be participating in lowballs anymore, as per his request.[/QUOTE]

Thanks pooky for stopping what could have been adriley v.2 before it started

[quote name='daver16']Thanks dv8mad I copied them to a word file before removing them from the OP. I did not foresee the payment being an issue but I had assumed everyone was aware of CAG rules and Policies.

I would like to apologize to everyone for the speed bumps this lowball has seen recently.[/QUOTE]

well hopefully its back to business for the rest of this auction! hows that saying go, you got to pay the cost to be the boss or something?

In regards, to what DV8 said about the company you keep, that is true for a lowball as well as in general life. with that said, dave (OP) went to a target and picked up a clearance game for me that I was unable to find in my area, so I would say he is a pretty stand up CAG! :applause:

btw, could you post a estimated end time in the OP?

[quote name='MasaTFC']well hopefully its back to business for the rest of this auction!

In regards, to what DV8 said about the company you keep, that is true for a lowball as well as in general life. with that said, dave (OP) went to a target and picked up a clearance game for me that I was unable to find in my area, so I would say he is a pretty stand up CAG! :applause:

btw, could you post a estimated end time in the OP?[/QUOTE]

Nice, unless someone wants A $41.XX copy of nhl12 I'm not much help in that regard

back on topic estimated end time would be great, also I'm really interested in that copy of minish cap

[quote name='Kovorkian']Nice, unless someone wants A $41.XX copy of nhl12 I'm not much help in that regard

back on topic estimated end time would be great, also I'm really interested in that copy of minish cap[/QUOTE]

dood, at least you have that. I should post a picture of the end cap with the "clearance" games from the target down the street here in the thread. Its disgusting lol.

I swear this is the last OT post I will have, but I will say this- Kovorkian you need to pick between the Lock pick book and the FF XII-2 guide, I won't let you have both!

Okay end time estimate posted! About Target clearance I was actually surprised mine had some of the items that others were reporting that usually never happens and I'm glad I was able to help Masa out!

Kovorkian - Thinking I'm going to save the copy of Minish cap for another lowball!

[quote name='MasaTFC']dood, at least you have that. I should post a picture of the end cap with the "clearance" games from the target down the street here in the thread. Its disgusting lol.

I swear this is the last OT post I will have, but I will say this- Kovorkian you need to pick between the Lock pick book and the FF XII-2 guide, I won't let you have both![/QUOTE]

FF guide went too high for me :D non-local Best Buy wouldn't sell me a copy that was out of system, they had to "destroy" seven copies also lockpick and saints will consolidate shipping :D

Daver thanks for estimated end time and let me know when Minish cap gets lowballed I will lowball the fuck out of it, unless I happen to come across a dirt cheap copy sometime between now and then

150. Mass Effect 2 Collectors Edition PC No Game Included Pic 1 Pic 2 Pic 3 Pic 4 Pic 5 - $2 ShadowSx
153. Dead Island Riptide Steelbook Sealed Pic 1 Pic 2 - $2 ShadowSx
144. Pokemon Rumbling Tepig Clip on Plush B Pic 1 - $2 ShadowSx
146. Pokemon Rumbling Snivy Clip on Plush B Pic 1 - $2 ShadowSx

bread's done
Back