= Steam Trading Cards Available
kiGzp.png
= Playable On PC
e7cjl.gif
= Playable on MAC
uWi0M.gif
= Playable on Linux

Last edited by a moderator:
If you flirt with people for real it makes people a lot more uncomfortable than doing it for pretend.

Start hitting on one of the 1 or 2 girls who frequent this site, it'll make everybody feel awkward

Edit: This new copyright argument is almost as exciting as the glitches argument

Please don't stop, my eyes are glued to my laptop now
Pfft' Ashes wishes I would flirt with her for real.

Also,
This new argument is already 1000% better because I'm not involved in it.

I think this thread has been sullied enough by pointless arguments and misinformation. If you want to learn more about intellectual property law, feel free to PM me.
I would be glad to stop the second you stop claiming that I don't know what I'm talking about. But I do know what I'm talking about. True, copyright exists from creation. But it cannot be legally enforced without registration. In order to take any kind of legal action, be it for the code, the art assets, or anything else, the copyright needs to be registered. Meanwhile, the definition of a trade secret is so broad as to include any information that is not generally available and can have an economic value attached to it. Given that they're selling the game, pretty much everything relating to the game is pretty easy to argue as a trade secret until they make it public. A non-disclosure agreement literally exists to establish that yes, the content you are being given is still legally considered a trade secret that you agree not to disclose. Here's Wikipedia discussing the Uniform Trade Secrets Act. Take a good look at the definitions of "trade secret" and "improper means."

Do you need more links, do you want to start arguing that anyone can edit Wikipedia and make me dig up the same text on another website, or will you just agree to stop implying that I'm an idiot?

I would be glad to stop the second you stop claiming that I don't know what I'm talking about. But I do know what I'm talking about. True, copyright exists from creation. But it cannot be legally enforced without registration. In order to take any kind of legal action, be it for the code, the art assets, or anything else, the copyright needs to be registered. Meanwhile, the definition of a trade secret is so broad as to include any information that is not generally available and can have an economic value attached to it. Given that they're selling the game, pretty much everything relating to the game is pretty easy to argue as a trade secret until they make it public. A non-disclosure agreement literally exists to establish that yes, the content you are being given is still legally considered a trade secret that you agree not to disclose. Here's Wikipedia discussing the Uniform Trade Secrets Act. Take a good look at the definitions of "trade secret" and "improper means."

Do you need more links, do you want to start arguing that anyone can edit Wikipedia and make me dig up the same text on another website, or will you just agree to stop implying that I'm an idiot?
I never called you an idiot. I just said you have no clue what you're talking about, and you still don't. I saw a guy like you on Judge Judy the other day try to convince her he could practice law without a law license by quoting a statute out of context. He lost. Anyways, I already made the earnest offer to teach you something if you want to take this to PM.

Otherwise, if you insist on responding I will have no choice but to have your twitter and youtube accounts taken down dear.

So I know we're trying to get this thread nuked and all, but I have some news related to the actual topic!

BaB8 has been extended (again) for an extra day (they're sitting at 11k sales right now so I guess they wanted more), but no new bonuses.

The Clash of the World bundle ends in 2 days (only has 2.8k sales), but they gave it an extra bonus, after the glorious bonus that was the Level 22: Gary's Misadventure OST.

The new bonus is once again more music, and it's a Spanish reggae band, Hijos de la Tierra (Children of the Earth). Hooray?

Bonus will be unlocked at 3k sales, so we'll probably be getting it. Hoping a 5th bonus will get added, though it probably won't be unlocked.

I've been underwhelmed by these world bundles.  Even BAB8 wasn't all that to me.  I was mainly happy for CastleminerZ since I was told it was a shitty Minecraft clone so I didn't feel like paying too much for it.  

I'd say I'm hoping for something better next time, but I realized I'm running out of shitty vaguely horrorish games to put on my wishlist. 

I've been underwhelmed by these world bundles. Even BAB8 wasn't all that to me. I was mainly happy for CastleminerZ since I was told it was a shitty Minecraft clone so I didn't feel like paying too much for it.

I'd say I'm hoping for something better next time, but I realized I'm running out of shitty vaguely horrorish games to put on my wishlist.
The problem with Castleminer Z (on top of the fact that it got bad reviews all around) is that it was originally $10 on PC despite being $1 (it was originally $3 but they lowered it after getting so many sales) on Xbox. Even though the game was exactly the same as the Xbox version (no sliders, Xbox button prompts, Xbox-level resolution etc). They got a lot of shit for it though and eventually lowered it to $5 (still too high for the quality imo, it lacks many features of the game it's trying to be). Despite that, I'm guessing they didn't have much of a choice but to bundle it since it was selling like shit.

But for 50 cents it's worth it (despite the lack of cards) just for fucking around and supposedly, they're going to make updates regularly like Minecraft. But I would recommend you get a buddy to play with, according to the forums it's balanced for MP (in terms of mobs), so in SP you're fucked.

And if you play online, try not to call it a Minecraft clone or the local fanbase will kill you.

The problem with Castleminer Z (on top of the fact that it got bad reviews all around) is that it was originally $10 on PC despite being $1 (it was originally $3 but they lowered it after getting so many sales) on Xbox. Even though the game was exactly the same as the Xbox version (no sliders, Xbox button prompts, Xbox-level resolution etc). They got a lot of shit for it though and eventually lowered it to $5 (still too high for the quality imo, it lacks many features of the game it's trying to be). Despite that, I'm guessing they didn't have much of a choice but to bundle it since it was selling like shit.

But for 50 cents it's worth it (despite the lack of cards) just for fucking around and supposedly, they're going to make updates regularly like Minecraft. But I would recommend you get a buddy to play with, according to the forums it's balanced for MP (in terms of mobs), so in SP you're fucked.

And if you play online, try not to call it a Minecraft clone or the local fanbase will kill you.
I always think its shitty when devs do that. I mean I get that it takes time and work to port a game, but to jack up the price that crazily is pretty ridiculous without any justification. I'll probably play this a few minutes for lulz and then put it in the abandoned files.

I've been underwhelmed by these world bundles. Even BAB8 wasn't all that to me. I was mainly happy for CastleminerZ since I was told it was a shitty Minecraft clone so I didn't feel like paying too much for it.

Adding to what I just said, I agree with you on the quality of the Clash bundles. But at least they've only been $1. I think the problem is that the both bundles have so much music as opposed to games. The first bundle had 5 games and 6 music related items (4 games and 4 music items before bonuses were added). This bundle also has 5 games and 6 music related things too (4 games and 3 music items before bonuses, a better ratio), but one of the games is a port of another one in the bundle, and one of the music things is its soundtrack. Sounds like padding to me. :/

Since I know everybody loves my behind-the-scenes info dumps so much, here's another one.

Not necessarily something to be outraged about, just for those who'd wanna know. When replying to this ->
inmate66 Mar 16 2014, 9:20am said:

I've found the game pretty boring and controls are very unintuitive and awkward.
Obvious references to Portal also doesn't make the game very appealing (not because I don't like Portal, au contraire). And this fact in my opinion could be an obstacle for a successful greenlight on Steam.
I think developer should concentrate on polishing of game mechanics instead of special effects.
on Desura, the developer for Whitewash said, "Yes, I am re-working the whole level concept and level design;
This is not a definitive version of the game, see it as a small “experiment" before I invest more money on development."

Meaning the game may very well just be a prototype. Something to keep in mind if you're interested in buying.

This is interesting because the game is on Greenlight in its current state.

Edit: I gotta say this quote makes me like this guy.
This project is not backed by a publisher, a kickstarter or whatever and before I invest massive amount of money from my pockets to expand this game into more platforms like Linux and turn it to a very complete game, I need to know if the community want to play it; otherwise I would just endup bankrupt and the dream of producing this game would become a nightmare instead :)
You may ask why no Kickstarter. Well, I don't think crowdfunding is fair. Also, I want to focus on building a nice game, not dealing with T-shirts and stuff like that. And publishers... I do 't know if like them.

Part I giggled at is in bold, and yes, do't is what he typed.

Wow... turn my head for a second and there's a six page+ explosion in the Groupees thread of all places. 

On topic: I don't think I even want to throw a buck at this Southern Europe Bundle. Oh wait, I already did. Buyer's remorse.

These World Clash Bundles are ok, cheap enough, but usually with 1 or 2 good games at best. Build a Bundle better imho of most recently ran Groupees. Still fun though and maybe I should actually listen to the music haha.

Adding to what I just said, I agree with you on the quality of the Clash bundles. But at least they've only been $1. I think the problem is that the both bundles have so much music as opposed to games. The first bundle had 5 games and 6 music related items (4 games and 4 music items before bonuses were added). This bundle also has 5 games and 6 music related things too (4 games and 3 music items before bonuses, a better ratio), but one of the games is a port of another one in the bundle, and one of the music things is its soundtrack. Sounds like padding to me. :/
We should all take a moment to remember that Groupees is called... Groupees.

I used to download all the music I got on Groupees, and they put some really cool stuff in their bundles. I've discovered a shit ton of bands I never ever would have heard of otherwise. The last album I downloaded was the Diamonds Under Fire one (from Build a Greenlight Bundle 2), and I love em. They remind me of older 90s female fronted alternative, sorta like L7.

I'll admit a bunch of music bonuses annoy me too, but whenever I actually get around to downloading and listening to them, I'm usually pleasantly surprised. Although all the OST bonuses... bleh.

I used to download all the music I got on Groupees, and they put some really cool stuff in their bundles. I've discovered a shit ton of bands I never ever would have heard of otherwise. The last album I downloaded was the Diamonds Under Fire one (from Build a Greenlight Bundle 2), and I love em. They remind me of older 90s female fronted alternative, sorta like L7.

I'll admit a bunch of music bonuses annoy me too, but whenever I actually get around to downloading and listening to them, I'm usually pleasantly surprised. Although all the OST bonuses... bleh.
Seconding DoF, they're actually pretty good and they're aren't a whole lot of bands like that anymore (that I know of anyway; 90s grunge-ish rock). I've been pleasantly surprised by the bulk of what I've listened to from Groupees (throwing them on during Beat Hazard and similar games is a great way to sample them) and like that they've introduced me to some bands I'd never have so much as heard of let alone bother to listen to. Sure I like games and they're the main reason I buy the bundles, but I like getting music as well and feel it's one of the things that sets them apart from a lot of other bundle sites.

As for OSTs they're hit or miss like most of the games, but I freaking love the eXceed ones so I'm not entirely against getting them (really though, just give me more Japanese rock/pop/anything, I'll take it).

Seconding DoF, they're actually pretty good and they're aren't a whole lot of bands like that anymore (that I know of anyway; 90s grunge-ish rock). I've been pleasantly surprised by the bulk of what I've listened to from Groupees (throwing them on during Beat Hazard and similar games is a great way to sample them) and like that they've introduced me to some bands I'd never have so much as heard of let alone bother to listen to. Sure I like games and they're the main reason I buy the bundles, but I like getting music as well and feel it's one of the things that sets them apart from a lot of other bundle sites.

As for OSTs they're hit or miss like most of the games, but I freaking love the eXceed ones so I'm not entirely against getting them (really though, just give me more Japanese rock/pop/anything, I'll take it).
I should mention that I'm not opposed to the music in the bundles (as it's been very good for the most part), but that the Clash bundles have been lacking because the majority of the bundles have been music. Just give me an extra one or two games, instead of the extra music and I'd be happy.

I am a closeted JPop/JRock fan and that is the only reason I would play the bad eXceed game I have.

I should mention that I'm not opposed to the music in the bundles (as it's been very good for the most part), but that the Clash bundles have been lacking because the majority of the bundles have been music. Just give me an extra one or two games, instead of the extra music and I'd be happy.

I am a closeted JPop/JRock fan and that is the only reason I would play eXceed.
Yeah, Groupees has kind of been slim pickings lately. We're used to a lot better from them, and a lot more game bonuses. I think they're going through a slow patch, but hopefully the next Be Mine will turn things around.

You should give Babymetal a listen if you like both heavy metal and jpop. At first it's like "wtf, this is ridiculous" but it's really damn catchy and actually kind of amazing.

Yeah, Groupees has kind of been slim pickings lately. We're used to a lot better from them, and a lot more game bonuses. I think they're going through a slow patch, but hopefully the next Be Mine will turn things around.

You should give Babymetal a listen if you like both heavy metal and jpop. At first it's like "wtf, this is ridiculous" but it's really damn catchy and actually kind of amazing.
Actually, BeMine11 was my first Groupees bundle (I've read about previous ones though), so I guess that might be part of why I have certain expectations already.

"Slow patch" sounds about right (like with all the Gary's Misadventures padding), just counting down the days to Be Mine 12.

Babymetal sounds right up my alley. What's the best song by them for a first impression?

By the way, looks like BaB8 ends in 5 hours for real this time, so get in while you can. Clash bundle should end tomorrow so we should be due for another bundle pretty soon.

What are you saying, the eXceed games are fantastic!
Not the one I have (I specified bad eXceed game), Gun Bullet Children.

Babymetal sounds right up my alley. What's the best song by them for a first impression?
I'd listen to Give Me Chocolate first. It shows their crazy mix between really hardcore sections and cheesy jpop sections. My favorite song of theirs is Megitsune though. It's not as hardcore, but it feels like a more comprehensive song.

I'd listen to Give Me Chocolate first. It shows their crazy mix between really hardcore sections and cheesy jpop sections. My favorite song of theirs is Megitsune though. It's not as hardcore, but it feels like a more comprehensive song.
Will do. Thanks for taking the time to give me detailed recs, really appreciate it. Most people I know just say "Listen to this band -> youtube.com/whateverthefuckitis" without really giving me any more info (usually not even genre). And if the first one or two songs are some of their worst ones, I don't know any better and get turned off the band.. and then I read about their good stuff later and headdesk over not knowing that in the first place.

Yeah, that's not amazing, mainly because it's impossible to get running well on modern PCs. 2nd and 3rd though are two of my all time favorite shmups though and well worth playing.
Exactly (no English audio/text, fucked up window mode, etc), and that's what I've heard about the other two (so I went back to edit it to be more specific). But it's the only one I own currently. Luckily I erm.. "gave it a test drive" before redeeming the key I have because of all the bad reviews on Steam. Did so just to see it for myself and to avoid "redeemer's remorse". :p

Edit: Actually, yours is the second most helpful review on the page. I remember chuckling at that when I saw it, gave ya a thumbs-up.

Edit 2: So I can tell. No problem. Keep up the good work. :)

Giving out a key to Guise of the Wolf to the first regular who PMs me :)
I hope I won, I did respond within a minute. :bouncy:

Edit: Oh c'mon, even you have to laugh at the irony of me being gifted a key I indirectly made you buy out of spite. I thought the idea was quite hilarious, it all comes full circle. My plan was to get you to get me the game for free this whole time. :p

Would be a good way to bury the hatchet.

I hope I won, I did respond within a minute. :bouncy:

Edit: Oh c'mon, even you have to laugh at the irony of me being gifted a key I indirectly made you buy out of spite. I thought it was quite hilarious, it all comes full circle. My plan was to get you to get me the game for free this whole time. :p

Would be a good way to bury the hatchet.
I was just happy to give the devs some more money :) #FakeCAGAlert

bread's done
Back