= Steam Trading Cards Available
kiGzp.png
= Playable On PC
e7cjl.gif
= Playable on MAC
uWi0M.gif
= Playable on Linux

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='AgentW']is it just me, or does Planets Under Attack seem awfully like Eufloria? It certainly looks to have similar gameplay.

And is TWII noticeable better on PC if I already have it for PS3?[/QUOTE]

I've heard it's like Galcon, but I haven't played it yet so I can't confirm.

No idea about TW2.

[quote name='AgentW']is it just me, or does Planets Under Attack seem awfully like Eufloria? It certainly looks to have similar gameplay.

if you are into modding, the pc version would be considered worth it

PUA, Galcon, Eufloria, etc. are all basically the same type of gameplay. Fairly shallow strategy you just move mass amounts of units from one planet to another. Dungeons is pretty awful, too.

Lots of good stuff in this anniversary bundle. Really wanted Party of Sin and and the Edna and Harvey adventure game. The rest are just bonuses IMHO but will get played someday.

[quote name='vherub']if you are into modding, the pc version would be considered worth it[/QUOTE]

There's also the multiplayer. I don't know if PS3 people can cross play multiplayer with PC people but I was kind of thinking no. I'd imagine with this bundle there may be more people playing the multiplayer Two Worlds 2 now, at least for a time.

I bought Groupees BMA mostly for TW2 and Party of sin (don't know the game, but everybody is talking about it). Also, I wanted to support Groupees... they are doing a GREAT job. I love their Build a Bundle series (The past "build a greenlight" being the best one IMHO) and music bundles (the last one, with The Mothership, was awesome)

I'm glad they include Dungeons. I played the demo of the first one about a year ago and liked it. I know is not DK (no game can be DK!) but it was fun on it own terms.

So if anyone was curious (like I was) about the possibility of online co-op being added to Party of Sin in the future.. the answer is no, it won't be. I asked the dev about it and got this response:

Nope we won't be able to add online multiplayer. Our engine doesn't support it. Sorry!

[quote name='juanjava']I bought Groupees BMA mostly for TW2 and Party of sin (don't know the game, but everybody is talking about it). Also, I wanted to support Groupees... they are doing a GREAT job. I love their Build a Bundle series (The past "build a greenlight" being the best one IMHO) and music bundles (the last one, with The Mothership, was awesome)

I'm glad they include Dungeons. I played the demo of the first one about a year ago and liked it. I know is not DK (no game can be DK!) but it was fun on it own terms.[/QUOTE]

The impression I had from the demo of the original Dungeon's was that they didn't accomplish what they set out to, so instead of it playing like a dungeon themepark simulator, a lot of stuff doesn't mesh quite right.

[quote name='spoderman']So if anyone was curious (like I was) about the possibility of online co-op being added to Party of Sin in the future.. the answer is no, it won't be. I asked the dev about it and got this response:[/QUOTE]
Wow, tell em to stop building games on DOS.

[quote name='jw430']not to mention, 3 activations and each hardware and OS change uses up one activation. after that, you will need to contact steam for reset.

you can read about it at:

Steam forum two worlds 2

topware interactive forum[/QUOTE]

That's old info. It's actually hard to find accurate info on how many activations you have. The Topware staff claim that theres no activation limit for the Steam version, and Groupees claims that you get 10 system activations.

I also saw some guy post on the new Steam community forum that he had installed it over 5 times with no issues, after several hardware changes.. so I don't know lol.

[quote name='spoderman']That's old info. It's actually hard to find accurate info on how many activations you have. The Topware staff claim that theres no activation limit for the Steam version, and Groupees claims that you get 10 system activations.

I also saw some guy post on the new Steam community forum that he had installed it over 5 times with no issues, after several hardware changes.. so I don't know lol.[/QUOTE]

I hope Im wrong because i hate contacting steam

[quote name='spoderman']So if anyone was curious (like I was) about the possibility of online co-op being added to Party of Sin in the future.. the answer is no, it won't be. I asked the dev about it and got this response:[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the post, almost bought an extra for the wife.

[quote name='walkonshadows']Now here's a question, I have another code (from bundle) for two worlds, does that do anything for me as far as being able to have 3 more activations or no?[/QUOTE]

not sure how that works, but why waste that extra key you got when you can ask steam to reset the activation limits for two worlds that's already on your steam account?

once you reach the activation limits, the game will not allow you to install it again. it will say something like "unable to install, blah blah limit reached." when that happens, you just file a support ticket to steam to reset the activation limits of that game.

Major Mayhem is extremely fun! on the other hand[quote name='SqueeMK2']Well this is horrific.

[/QUOTE]
I remember this "thing", was it like this even with the first one?

[quote name='PetersHere']Man, the developers of Two Worlds are real bums. Why is there an activation limit? How stupid...[/QUOTE]

DRM is generally on the publisher, not the developer.

[quote name='PetersHere']Man, the developers of Two Worlds are real bums. Why is there an activation limit? How stupid...[/QUOTE]

Because parts of Europe are slow on the uptake on this whole Digital Downloads and account based DRM thing and still have it fixated in their heads that the activation limit DRM is the way to go or their game will be pirated all to hell. Focus Home Interactive and some others are also pretty notorious about this.

Anyway, if you guys don't want to give that info then just make stuff up. It's not like they are going to fly from Europe and check.

Also, I have written the guys at Zuxxez (or I guess Topware now since going to the Zuxxez forum redirects there) who do the support for this game a couple of times and they have been really responsive. Better than my experiences with Steam. That's not to say that they won't go tits up at some point and then who knows who will end up doing the support but for now they seem a decent sort.

The game itself is pretty good IMO. It looks a lot better and has a lot more to it than your average bundle game. In some ways they did some things better than Elder Scrolls even, like they have separate keyboard and controller based UIs instead of forcing the keyboard people onto the console-ish UI and they have a system whereby you can break down your extra items into raw materials and then use them to upgrade the items you are using so it avoids all the tedious running back and forth to town to sell your extra junk that 95% of RPGs make you do.

The DRM seems a bit of an unnecessary nuisance but honestly at this price you are getting this game for plus a bunch of others I think it's still worth it.

Yeah, eastern Europe to be specific. Starforce (Bioshock 2, Batman AA and many more games) is Russian.
Securom instead is Japanese (at least I think, it's from Sony)

Grabbed it myself - prob will grab the chiptunes bundle too, looks decent.

*edit* Grabbed the chiptunes too after previewing sadnes. Grunge + chiptunes = worth $1

[quote name='Stonekeep']Yeah, eastern Europe to be specific.[/QUOTE]

Well, except for CD Projekt Red, because it's epically awesome.

[quote name='warreni']Well, except for CD Projekt Red, because it's epically awesome.[/QUOTE]

Yeah those guys are awesome.

And I know some people complain about the Kalypso launcher but it's really not bad. It's basically like Steam DRM without the whole client. It just checks that you own the game once when you install and then you don't have to worry about it after that and there's no activation limits it's just tied to your Kalypso account.

The rest of those guys in Europe may come around eventually. The new Cities XL Platinum Focus put out doesn't have any extra DRM on it, at least the version on Steam.

Keep in mind that Two Worlds 2 is over 2 years old now, though OTOH it's old enough that they really should start looking at yanking out the DRM IMO.

[quote name='Motoki']Keep in mind that Two Worlds 2 is over 2 years old now, though OTOH it's old enough that they really should start looking at yanking out the DRM IMO.[/QUOTE]

Not only two years old, but now indie bundle fodder too.

[quote name='Stonekeep']Yeah, eastern Europe to be specific. Starforce (Bioshock 2, Batman AA and many more games) is Russian.
Securom instead is Japanese (at least I think, it's from Sony)[/QUOTE]

Securom is made by Austrians.

It looks very likely that the "mystery game" will be The Cat Lady. Someone with the same name as the dev joined Groupees chat and claimed the mystery game has something to do with cats lol.

[quote name='spoderman']It looks very likely that the "mystery game" will be The Cat Lady. Someone with the same name as the dev joined Groupees chat and claimed the mystery game has something to do with cats lol.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='spoderman']It looks very likely that the "mystery game" will be The Cat Lady. Someone with the same name as the dev joined Groupees chat and claimed the mystery game has something to do with cats lol.[/QUOTE]

... but I seriously doubt it.

[quote name='seamoss']

... but I seriously doubt it.[/QUOTE]

Check the groupees chat. It's pretty much confirmed at this point. That is, unless some random guy wanted to impersonate Mark Lovegrove and give out false hints lol.

I thought the Cat Lady devs run their own (largely unsuccessful) indie bundle?

[quote name='Stonekeep']Yeah, but no Superman near Poland.[/QUOTE]

jaws-bigger-boat.jpg

You already broke the thread! Your post is all messed up for me. :applause:

Also, one of The Cat Lady devs is a CAG. He sometimes posts free copies of the game in the Steam thread. Pretty nice of them to do that, so I'd like to see them get some more exposure with this bundle.

Check out the awesomeness that is this game on Greenlight.

[quote name='Eldredpe']I thought the Cat Lady devs run their own (largely unsuccessful) indie bundle?[/QUOTE]

Running TCL in a "mainstream" indie bundle would certainly help with exposure.

That Cat Lady is all kinds of creepy weirdness psychological horror point and click goodness. I can't even really explain it other than it's done really well, not for kids, very unique and something you just have to experience.

That site had their own bundle for old retro style adventure games but the Cat Lady has a bit higher production values than those, is on Greenlight and Desura, has won various awards etc so it's a bit more high profile than say Nancy the Happy Whore (though I do love me some Nancy).

It does need the exposure so I do hope they bundle it up.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Awesome news if true. I've been on the brink of purchasing TCL a few times so this would solve that for me.[/QUOTE]

Would have solved it for me, too, if Motoki hadn't set me up with a copy. I just started playing it last night.

[quote name='gilby']Would have solved it for me, too, if Motoki hadn't set me up with a copy. I just started playing it last night.[/QUOTE]

Have you gotten far enough into it to have any thoughts yet? ;)

[quote name='Motoki']Have you gotten far enough into it to have any thoughts yet? ;)[/QUOTE]

I didn't really have expectations going in, and yet the game still isn't what I expected.

That will be an awesome bonus game and one I already voted up on Greenlight. I keep missing the free keys in the Steam thread.

bread's done
Back