= Steam Trading Cards Available
kiGzp.png
= Playable On PC
e7cjl.gif
= Playable on MAC
uWi0M.gif
= Playable on Linux

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually want Sanctum TD, Turba, and Three Dead Zed, so I'll probably grab it for $1. I'm starting to wish Groupees had a reward system for buying bundles like Indie Royale. I just went over two pages on my download page and feel I'm entitled to more games I'll never play.

I have doubts that Groupees (or the publisher that they probably got the keys from) have the right to sell Transcripted in the new bundle.. this was posted in July by the dev..

"We get paid from absolutely no version. At the moment we do not recognize the right to sell or distribute our game through anyone. We started no self-distribution because we're waiting for a court ruling regarding our litigation with our publisher. They don't have the right to sell our game and strictly speaking neither do we."

Dammit, I want Pressure, but that's literally the only game I don't have from the $5 tier.
Pressure is definitely the standout in the $5 tier. Good co-op game, although it's kind of buggy. I fully recommend it, but it might be worth waiting for it to be in a better bundle. The Indie Royale it was in was better than the $5 tier in this bundle.

I have doubts that Groupees (or the publisher that they probably got the keys from) have the right to sell Transcripted in the new bundle.. this was posted in July by the dev..

"We get paid from absolutely no version. At the moment we do not recognize the right to sell or distribute our game through anyone. We started no self-distribution because we're waiting for a court ruling regarding our litigation with our publisher. They don't have the right to sell our game and strictly speaking neither do we."
So what you're saying is, this is totally legit and I should buy 50 copies.

so what does this mean for us? Is there a chance I'm going to get the game pulled from my account, or is this just a morals issue on who the money is going too? I think it's weird groupees often winds up with stuff like this, I don't ever see other bundle sites making questionable decisions like this.

so what does this mean for us? Is there a chance I'm going to get the game pulled from my account, or is this just a morals issue on who the money is going too? I think it's weird groupees often winds up with stuff like this, I don't ever see other bundle sites making questionable decisions like this.
I doubt it would get pulled from any accounts, I think its just a morals issue. Nothing has been confirmed yet though, its possible they won the litigation recently, and distributors have the right to sell it.

I doubt it would get pulled from any accounts, I think its just a morals issue. Nothing has been confirmed yet though, its possible they won the litigation recently, and distributors have the right to sell it.
Yeah, I had actually heard about the problems that the dev had with the publisher and how they were suing the publisher. My first reaction to seeing this bundle was, "oh, i guess the devs won their suit".

Yeah, I had actually heard about the problems that the dev had with the publisher and how they were suing the publisher. My first reaction to seeing this bundle was, "oh, i guess the devs won their suit".
Yeah it's definitely possible.. it's just weird, since the dev hasn't posted anything about winning on the Steam discussion board.

I actually want Sanctum TD, Turba, and Three Dead Zed, so I'll probably grab it for $1. I'm starting to wish Groupees had a reward system for buying bundles like Indie Royale. I just went over two pages on my download page and feel I'm entitled to more games I'll never play.
Yeah because Gala points are so useful. Anyway not like anyone but Fox around here actually earns them due to the Happy Hours.

So what you're saying is, this is totally legit and I should buy 50 copies.
SHIT brb

*hurries up and buys @ $1 level and registers the Steam key via team view on my phone*

*whew* Figured I'd better get in before the internet drama hits the fan and they yank that game.

*Edit: I think this is like the 8th copy of Cognition that I have.

Has this been brought up in the groupees chat? I'd check myself, but I'd rather not wade into that swamp.
Yes.

This person is speaking Hebrew --
Enable Translation
Isn't Transcripted banned from steam or something like that?
clear.cache.gif

Jacob

2:48 PM

Transcripted will still unlock on Steam
clear.cache.gif

but it was removed, like so many others (Indigo Prophecy, Mafia, Stubbs the Zombie, so on)
clear.cache.gif

Cameron Jones

2:49 PM

Jacob: No one had "an inability to accept that Groupees has no say" in that. There was one person (me), who simply asked if Groupees had found out yet. Relax.
clear.cache.gif

Dekel

Enable Translation

huh
clear.cache.gif

Steve

From the Transcripted Dev: "We get paid from absolutely no version. At the moment we do not recognize the right to sell or distribute our game through anyone. We started no self-distribution because we're waiting for a court ruling regarding our litigation with our publisher. They don't have the right to sell our game and strictly speaking neither do we."
clear.cache.gif

Cameron Jones

Groupees typically finds out pretty quick.

Weird, I think I'm passing on this one.  Already own Cognition (prior bundle) and Transcripted ($0.79 @ GF back on 3 Dec).  The TD game is worth nothing to me, and I'm not paying a whole dollar for an indie platformer on Desura.

Pressure is fun but the IR bundle was better than this one.  Any seasoned CAG owns SpaceChem and Swords & Soldiers.  Lost Marbles looks like a cheap Neverball knockoff.

Neverball is free, open souce (Mac/Lin/Win).  It's also on Desura.  Screenshots.

mym2-05-05.jpg

Yes.

Enable Translation
Isn't Transcripted banned from steam or something like that?
clear.cache.gif

Jacob

2:48 PM

Transcripted will still unlock on Steam
clear.cache.gif

but it was removed, like so many others (Indigo Prophecy, Mafia, Stubbs the Zombie, so on)
clear.cache.gif

Cameron Jones

Jacob: No one had "an inability to accept that Groupees has no say" in that. There was one person (me), who simply asked if Groupees had found out yet. Relax.
clear.cache.gif

Dekel

Enable Translation

huh
clear.cache.gif

Steve

From the Transcripted Dev: "We get paid from absolutely no version. At the moment we do not recognize the right to sell or distribute our game through anyone. We started no self-distribution because we're waiting for a court ruling regarding our litigation with our publisher. They don't have the right to sell our game and strictly speaking neither do we."
clear.cache.gif

Cameron Jones

Groupees typically finds out pretty quick.
Thanks.

So I take it that there has been no response from anyone connected with groupees, eh?

We should become Groupees Groupies if we buy X amount of bundles and get free shit like more games from the laxative force devs.
Alright, somebody needs to make a Laxative Force RPG Maker game now because that is just too good of a name to go unused.

I nominate Idiotekque because he hates Aldorlea so what better way to parody Aldorlea than Laxative Force.

Make it happen.

I tried searching the thread and couldn't find it - which games in the Meridan 4 bundle have Steam cards again? Trapped Dead and PAM, I know.

The following games in the new bundle have Steam cards for those interested:

Trapped Dead

Stellar Impact

P.A.M.
Sorry I didn't update the Merdian bundle with cards, must of slipped my mind. I'll do it now. But from here on out, the OP should contain what games contain cards with the
UdmOgyY.png
icon next to their name

Alright, somebody needs to make a Laxative Force RPG Maker game now because that is just too good of a name to go unused.

I nominate Idiotekque because he hates Aldorlea so what better way to parody Aldorlea than Laxative Force.

Make it happen.
Pyst

Turba is horrible.  But since it's in the $1 it doesn't really matter.  I'll wait it out and see what bonuses they add but the $5 tier isn't even close to being worthwhile.

Turba is horrible. But since it's in the $1 it doesn't really matter. I'll wait it out and see what bonuses they add but the $5 tier isn't even close to being worthwhile.
Isn't that the game that Indie Facekick conned the dev into giving them a 1,000 keys and then gave them away on Steamgifts but took credit for it themselves and the dude used it to raise his SG contributor level through the roof then entered a bunch of high $ contributor exclusive SG giveaways?

*Edit: yep

Gotta love the Facekick guys.  I got it during one of those old Steam $5 indie bundle sales (where have you gone?!?!) -- it's... I dunno just a really boring match game.

So nobody who purchased Cognition episodes in past bundles is getting a Steam key. From the dev:

"Yes, with Steam it will only be selling as a Season Pass, so we can't give steam keys for just 1 or 2 episodes. Someone would need to own the whole Season to get a Steam key."

It is what it is, but it's a bit lame when the dev has promised Steam keys in the past (when the game was in Gala and IndieGameStand, I believe).

So nobody who purchased Cognition episodes in past bundles is getting a Steam key. From the dev:

"Yes, with Steam it will only be selling as a Season Pass, so we can't give steam keys for just 1 or 2 episodes. Someone would need to own the whole Season to get a Steam key."

It is what it is, but it's a bit lame when the dev has promised Steam keys in the past (when the game was in Gala and IndieGameStand, I believe).
Kinda misleading when they state on the Greenlight page that they will give people Steam Keys. Meh, i'll get the season pass when it hits a bundle.

Yeah, that's pretty slimy.  I mean TBH I never feel games should be sold episodic like that unless each episode is like basically it's own standalone game, but those don't really exist.  I never really liked Cognition popping up ep. 1 in one bundle, then 2 in another, etc.  Steam is capable of selling it in episodes if that's what they wanted with a bundle including all the episodes.

Or kick up some actual fuss on a developer being slimy as all fuck.
No kidding man. When Nyu Media pulled that shit with Croixleur I pretty much frontlined the Twitter shitstorm they got. They clearly said in multiple places that they'd give Steam keys to past purchases from any distributor, and then they went and said that they didn't want the game's sales to be "dead on arrival" because of bundles and basically changed their minds.

I just threw a bunch of tweets (and made a topic on their Greenlight page) at them quoting places they said they'd provide Steam keys, told them that changing their mind was pretty disrespectful to their customers, went to bed, and when I woke up the next day Twitter had exploded with people reaming them for it. What did they do? They "changed their minds" again, and now we'll be getting Steam keys for Croixleur eventually.

I wonder what would happen if people did similarly with the Cognition devs.

No kidding man. When Nyu Media pulled that shit with Croixleur I pretty much frontlined the Twitter shitstorm they got. They clearly said in multiple places that they'd give Steam keys to past purchases from any distributor, and then they went and said that they didn't want the game's sales to be "dead on arrival" because of bundles and basically changed their minds.

I just threw a bunch of tweets (and made a topic on their Greenlight page) at them quoting places they said they'd provide Steam keys, told them that changing their mind was pretty disrespectful to their customers, went to bed, and when I woke up the next day Twitter had exploded with people reaming them for it. What did they do? They "changed their minds" again, and now we'll be getting Steam keys for Croixleur eventually.

I vote you spearhead another movement against a game dev for being douchey because we want Steam keys! Stir up another Twitter fuss.

I think we should start digging up every quote we can find that promised Steam keys for Cognition. Gilby already found one at Indie Gamestand.

Don't forget to vote us on Steam Greenlight!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=92915746

Once we are Greenlit, all existing customers will be eligible for Steam keys!
We need screengrabs too in case they try to hide the evidence.

The thing is, they very obviously bought Greenlight votes by putting this game in bundles and promising and/or implying keys. And that's fine but then don't bit the hand that feeds you and turn around pull some shit like this.

Edit found another one:

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/92915746/846957366745099424/#c846957366765260264

[POS]katiehal16 [developer] Jun 29, 2013 @ 6:28am
Thank you!

And yes, existing customers (which includes IGS buyers) will be able to get keys. Once we've seen how key generation works on Steam we'll figure out the best way to get those out to everyone.

Did they also wish you good luck in selling it? 8-[

1361051649889.gif

Here's the responsive from Phoenix Online, Cognition's developer:

"Hi everyone--Katie from Phoenix Online here. I want to apologize for the confusion and want to clarify the Steam key situation for people who bought episodes in bundles: 

Prior to being Greenlit in June, we also thought we would be able to send out keys for single episodes. We had read this on Steam's Greenlight FAQ that we would be able to provide keys to all existing customers. Once we were Greenlit, it turned out that our situation was different as Cognition is an episodic game. Steam has changed how they handle episodic games to only selling the game as a single item--the Season Pass, all four episodes bundled together--rather than as individual episodes. The only keys we will have to distribute are those that are good for the entire Season; single episode keys don't exist for us to be able to give them out.

HOWEVER! Since that's the situation, here's what ARE able to do. We are going to be sending discount coupons for the Season Pass on Steam to bundle-buyers, which we'll have access to after we release on Steam. Those who've bought individual episodes will be able to get the game on Steam at that discounted price, proportionate to how many episodes they bought on bundles elsewhere. 

For those who purchased all 4 episodes (either through the Season Pass or buying all of the episodes separately, through bundles and/or store, for example), we will be able to provide a full Steam key. 

Again, I am sorry for the confusion. If you have any questions, please ask and I'm happy to answer. We really do appreciate the support everyone's given us for Cognition in Kickstarter, in the bundles, and also in voting for us in Greenlight. We know where we came from, and that we wouldn't be where are without that support, it really does mean the world to all of us. "

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/92915746/846963165435452252

Titanfall PC Release Date Could See Game Skip Steam In Favor Of Origin Exclusivity [REPORT]

At the very least, it's certainly looking like Electronic Arts is planning to release Titanfall as an Origin exclusive; though it's hard to see how anyone could argue such a move would be for any reason other than to establish EA's Origin distribution service as a viable alternative to Steam.

A newly revealed Titanfall listing on the GreenManGaming UK site suggests the upcoming mech-slash-third-person-shooter from Respawn Entertainment will only be available for download via Origin. Unfortunately, contractual obligations prevent pricing information from the title for showing up outside of the EU; however, the relevant bits about Titanfall's Origin requirement

Obviously, there are still a few months left before the Titanfall PC release date arrives, giving Electronic Arts time to change their minds (if they really are leaning toward Origin exclusivity) or for GreenManGaming to update their Titanfall listing once EA has announced more specific plans for the Titanfall PC release date. Still, it seems far more likely that Electronic Arts is simply planning to require anyone interested in playing Titanfall on their PC to install Origin before they'll have an opportunity.

bread's done
Back