= Steam Trading Cards Available
kiGzp.png
= Playable On PC
e7cjl.gif
= Playable on MAC
uWi0M.gif
= Playable on Linux

Last edited by a moderator:
MacGuffin's Curse was made by the same developer / writer as Jolly Rover. The writing and story is funny and the puzzles are annoying but beatable.

I also got a foil and put it up for sale today. Gotta beat the rush before the market gets flooded. :p

Guys, if you're gonna buy the $5 tier do it for Zombie Driver HD. Fatshark's games are VERY hit or miss. I didn't like Hamilton very much and Krater... meh.

I own Zombie Driver and MacGuffin, and don't care about the other games in the bundle. Since this has two Fatshark games I think this will have Lead and Gold as a bonus.

From Groupees Facebook:

"Be Mine Game + Charity Bundle: Special Edition! $1 min gets you: Ravaged- Zombie Apocalypse, Tower Wars, MacGuffin's Curse, $5 min ALSO gets you: Zombie Driver HD+ OST, Krater- Collector's Edition, + Hamilton's Great Adventure- all games come with steam Keys + Steam Trading Cards!"
In for $1 just to get Tower Wars, the rest I'll sell for cheap or just post the keys here since I already have them. :) Unless someone wants to sell me Tower Wars for $.25. ;)

In for $1 just to get Tower Wars, the rest I'll sell for cheap or just post the keys here since I already have them. :) Unless someone wants to sell me Tower Wars for $.25. ;)
I think I have a spare key somewhere if you want to trade some spare cards for it. :p

Tower Wars looks great, but it was very disappointing and it didn't hold my interest for long. If you're going in for singleplayer then you're going to find that there's just not much to do. It's basically just endless waves on a handful of maps. 

I love TD games, but this wasn't one of them I enjoyed.

Tower Wars looks great, but it was very disappointing and it didn't hold my interest for long. If you're going in for singleplayer then you're going to find that there's just not much to do. It's basically just endless waves on a handful of maps.

I love TD games, but this wasn't one of them I enjoyed.
From what I understand, the focus isn't on single player, but multi-player. There's no real "campaign," just different maps for you and a buddy to duke it out on.

Thankfully, because of previous bundles and this upcoming bundle, lots of CAGs will have it. I'm keen, if anybody else is, to play a few games.

I actually think Krater is quite a lot of fun, but at times it's hard to shake the feeling that it's secretly just a gussied up Warcraft 3 custom map (or fan made Dawn of War II campaign, if that's a better reference for you). 

I'll probably pick up the $1 tier on this for the bonuses. Otherwise I've got everything that's announced except for Hamilton, which I'm not particularly interested in. 

I reckon Tower Wars is worth a Washington.

Re: Hamilton's Great Adventure. If you enjoy platformers and games where you may have to redo each level a few times, it's worth playing. Each level has a specific path you need to follow to ensure not merely that you can get the gold medal but also simply so that you can complete it. If you're the type of gamer who enjoys that sort of challenge, you'll like HGA. It got too tedious for me after the second story location. The story is pretty interesting though; it reminded me a lot of the Disney movie UP!

Re: Krater. I played the demo and have the full game backlogged. It's an interesting Swedish spin on the ARPG subgenre, but there are some oddball systems in place (wounds can give your character permanent disabilities and characters can only level [IIRC] five times and then you have to pick a new higher-level character) and I found the combat lacked tactical depth.

Re: Zombie Driver HD: It's pretty much what the title says: you're Joe Citizen in a post-zombie holocaust city recruited by the military to perform a variety of search-and-rescue, recovery, combat, and scouting missions. It plays from a top-down perspective and I found the controls to be a bit fidgety whether using a controller or mouse and keyboard. There is a 31 mission campaign and a Slaughter (horde) and Blood Race mode. Blood Race is similar to Death Rally, but almost all of the tracks are curvier. The gameplay is decent but not spectacular; honestly I had a lot more fun playing Death Rally.

From Groupees Facebook:

"Be Mine Game + Charity Bundle: Special Edition! $1 min gets you: Ravaged- Zombie Apocalypse, Tower Wars, MacGuffin's Curse, $5 min ALSO gets you: Zombie Driver HD+ OST, Krater- Collector's Edition, + Hamilton's Great Adventure- all games come with steam Keys + Steam Trading Cards!"

2sweet

I reckon Tower Wars is worth a Washington.

Re: Hamilton's Great Adventure. If you enjoy platformers and games where you may have to redo each level a few times, it's worth playing. Each level has a specific path you need to follow to ensure not merely that you can get the gold medal but also simply so that you can complete it. If you're the type of gamer who enjoys that sort of challenge, you'll like HGA. It got too tedious for me after the second story location. The story is pretty interesting though; it reminded me a lot of the Disney movie UP!

Re: Krater. I played the demo and have the full game backlogged. It's an interesting Swedish spin on the ARPG subgenre, but there are some oddball systems in place (wounds can give your character permanent disabilities and characters can only level [IIRC] five times and then you have to pick a new higher-level character) and I found the combat lacked tactical depth.

Re: Zombie Driver HD: It's pretty much what the title says: you're Joe Citizen in a post-zombie holocaust city recruited by the military to perform a variety of search-and-rescue, recovery, combat, and scouting missions. It plays from a top-down perspective and I found the controls to be a bit fidgety whether using a controller or mouse and keyboard. There is a 31 mission campaign and a Slaughter (horde) and Blood Race mode. Blood Race is similar to Death Rally, but almost all of the tracks are curvier. The gameplay is decent but not spectacular; honestly I had a lot more fun playing Death Rally.

I'm enamored with Hamiltons.

Same goes for Hamilton's Great Adventure and I don't do Pixar.

However, I estimate that precisely 3.14159% of gaming people wouldn't despies its gameplay.

I really liked Zombie Driver HD (and the nearly identical Zombie Driver). I have only played missions and haven't touched the Blood Race mode. The idea of an overheard driver in which I gun down and run over zombies is appealing to me.

I agree the controls are a touch fidgety, but found that handling was great when using boost to power slide. It definitely seems like car handling was designed more for close combat than race driving.

The story missions and upgrades were enough to hold my interest for a good while and I do go back to it from time to time.

Anybody nabbing the $5 tier? Any of you dislike Krater? I offer you:

- macgruff the crime dog

- tower wars

- stuff from Steam store/market

get at me

You can level past 5 with your characters, but you have to unlock the next tier of levels for that character at one of the merchants. Then you can get to level 10, then I think 11-20 is locked behind the next upgrade.

It's sort of a weird system, but basically you just have to buy access to higher levels (this is all with in-game cash, of course. The game doesn't have microtransactions or anything).

Paranautical Activity steam keys are up on Groupees

Was that from Be Mine 8? If so then I don't see a Steam key on my account. I will try to be patient. Yes I will.

Edited: My patience was rewarded with a Steam key.

do I play cognition and get into the story just to have to buy the rest of the episodes or do I leave them alone for a while and see what actually ends up happening?

do I play cognition and get into the story just to have to buy the rest of the episodes or do I leave them alone for a while and see what actually ends up happening?
Wait. 3 & 4 will either get bundled or will get steep discounts at some point after their release on Steam. Either way you'll get them cheaper than if you get roped into picking them up because you played the first episodes too early and got cliffhanger syndrome.

you know this bundle doesn't look so bad. Krater looks really interesting and tower wars does as well. Though I dunno if I will pull the trigger.... I have SO many games and humble just gave me even more!

Paranautical Activity steam keys are up on Groupees

spoderman is the Anderson Cooper of the bundle scene

All that ill-will because they didn't hand-write codes for us in our time of need and -- I predict (i.e. I bullshit) -- now that they've delivered the essentials of life to all of us, ain't nobody gonna recant SHIT.

At least for Groupees the 2nd tier price doesn't change, so there's no disadvantage waiting to see all the bonuses before committing $5. Zombie Driver looks interesting, but all the rest don't really do anything for me.

spoderman is the Anderson Cooper of the bundle scene

All that ill-will because they didn't hand-write codes for us in our time of need and -- I predict (i.e. I bullshit) -- now that they've delivered the essentials of life to all of us, ain't nobody gonna recant SHIT.
lol, I haven't received my key but not like it matters, I never play games. I just collect them.

Yeah, the $5 tier is a bit silly this time. All of the top tier games have been previously bundled. Hell, Hamilton's Great Adventure was in a past Groupees bundle that was $4! Zombie Driver HD was in a Gala for cheap too. The only more worthwhile game is Krater, which was more pricey in an Indie Royale.

I really think they're experimenting, to see how well a 100% rehash bundle will sell as long as all of the games support Steam cards. I was hoping this experiment would fail, I'd rather see new games in the future. Sadly, I think the bundle is selling pretty well so far, even with the crappy bonuses, so we may see more of these rehashes.

I really think they're experimenting, to see how well a 100% rehash bundle will sell as long as all of the games support Steam cards. I was hoping this experiment would fail, I'd rather see new games in the future. Sadly, I think the bundle is selling pretty well so far, even with the crappy bonuses, so we may see more of these rehashes.
Every time I've been in the chat and the repeats-or-no-repeats discussion has come up, people have gone as far as being pretty hostile when I've suggested to staff for their to be less repeats in the bundles. I honestly can't explain why, but people have no problem with repeats. Hell, they like repeats.

Every time I've been in the chat and the repeats-or-no-repeats discussion has come up, people have gone as far as being pretty hostile when I've suggested to staff for their to be less repeats in the bundles. I honestly can't explain why, but people have no problem with repeats. Hell, they like repeats.

Maybe they are fans of the trading thread ;)

Many people have missed various past bundles. It's as simple as that I think.

Has anyone received any Steam keys for the last haul of Greenlight games from Groupees? I know a few are long shots like PA, just curious if keys are released in bunches or all at once after officially being added to the Steam store. Typically it seems to take 2 weeks or so after a Greenlight announcement, right?  It seemed like I received my latest GunCraft key a week or two after others did so I was just curious if that's the norm.

I suppose you could say I'm kind of new to the whole Groupees Steam key release process of waiting and receiving.

Has anyone received any Steam keys for the last haul of Greenlight games from Groupees? I know a few are long shots like PA, just curious if keys are released in bunches or all at once after officially being added to the Steam store. Typically it seems to take 2 weeks or so after a Greenlight announcement, right? It seemed like I received my latest GunCraft key a week or two after others did so I was just curious if that's the norm.

I suppose you could say I'm kind of new to the whole Groupees Steam key release process of waiting and receiving.
I got my Paranautical Activity key and my Zafehouse Diaries key from them already.

bread's done
Back