= Steam Trading Cards Available
kiGzp.png
= Playable On PC
e7cjl.gif
= Playable on MAC
uWi0M.gif
= Playable on Linux

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya know, if Jelly AllStars, Tommy Tronic and (especially) Non Flying Soldiers were on a client, I'd grab them and this bundle.  The reviews on the rest, here and elsewhere, means this bundle will be a pass.

I think I remember in the past Groupees basically stretching the bonus requirement at the end such as this as to allow the final (or in this case the second out of four) bonus to be achieve.  Currently at 97% of goal for Dead Hungry Diner with 57 bundles to go.  I am thinking groupees will just give the bonus to everyone and helpful not do another capsule bundle for years.

Hey, has a Groupees ever ended without them artificially lowering the goalposts so that all bonuses are unlocked? The CC2 is set to end in 5 hours and still hasn't unlocked the second of ostensibly four bonuses.
Yeah, they've done it a bunch for the music bundles and at least once for the game bundles.

23 minutes left, 2 more bundles to sell to unlock Dead Hungry Diner.

Can....they....do...it?

It would be kinda funny if they fell one bundle short.

LOL

If only they had the one game minimum going on. I'd get them one bundle closer to that goal. I want Power Of Defense, but not enough to buy more than one game.

Curse my luck being busy on the day that they actually did the one game thing.

EDIT: Thanks to dfg for hooking a brother up with some Power Of Defense action.

Shiny loot partnered up with Groupees..

http://groupees.com/shinyloot

Creeper World
Creeper World 2 - Redemption
Hinterland
Children of the Nile Complete
The Lunar Pack: Lunnye Devitsy and Wake
Kingdom Elemental
The Few
Guy vs The Wicked and Nefarious Land
Little Trus Man

Creeper World
Hinterland
Kingdom Elemental
The Few
Guy vs The Wicked
Nefarious Land
Little Trus Man
Not really my type of games, Kingdom Elemental kind of reminds me of that old Realtime Magic game....Battlegrounds I believe. Platformers look OK....not sure may wait till a 1 game minimum if I would buy it.

Creeper World is a pretty nice time waster. If you take your time it can take about ~30 minutes per map, but you start over completely on each so it can feel like you don't make any progress.

The games have somewhat extensive (free) flash versions, though. I don't think you'd get much more out of paying for them.

I'll probably pick out a couple if they do the .75 thing again.
Maybe just The Few for me. I think I have a DRM-free copy of Kingdom Elemental in my attic somewhere. And I've had Hinterland on Steam forever and Children of the Nile was in an Indie Gala, IIRC.

fucking Shiny Loot.  Just paid $1 for Creeper World and they pull this.  At least its only a quarter and gives me the chance to pick up Creeper World 2.  1 is pretty fun.  Looks simple, but it is challenging.  

Creeper World
Hinterland
Kingdom Elemental
The Few
Guy vs The Wicked and Nefarious Land
Little Trus Man
Those douchebags charged $1 apiece for these Steam-enabled games on their website for Black Friday. Way to be, Shiny Loot.

Why are you so angry?
Dude, that's like...75 cents more than I could've paid for Lunar Pack, Hinterland, and Children of the Nile. AT LEAST. It's been a week! That's a whole 'nother game! I COULD BUY FOUR INDIVIDUAL GROUPEES FOR THAT PRICE!!!!!

EWFzV.gif

Kingdom Elemental is apparently six+ years old (and no designs to get on Greenlight).  Shame because it looked like the most interesting of the bunch (and if a game isn't on Steam it isn't a game).  Alway entertained getting Hinterlands but... meh.

Are any of the games in the Shiny Loot bundle worth buying? I already have Hinterland, Children of the Nile (I'm missing the expansion), and the Lunar Pack.

Anyone want to comment on Hinterland or Children of the Nile? They're the only titles that looks interesting to me.

Groupees Shiny Loot Bundle is live. Min 2 games $1.50, first bonus is Gravi which has cards.

New Groupees Spotlight for next 48 hours.

Overcast - Walden and the Werewolf for $1 tier

Dead Bits and Soundtrack for $2 tier

Both are on greenlight and come with desura keys, Overcast was recently in Indie Royale Halloween 2 Bundle.
Skipped the Halloween bundle so will pick then up here. For people interested in the Shiny Loot bundle, I doubt any of those games not on Steam will be getting Steam keys if they get Greenlit. You have to redeem your games through the Shiny Loot site and Shiny Loot hasn't been good at all about providing Steam keys after the fact on anything.

Skipped the Halloween bundle so will pick then up here. For people interested in the Shiny Loot bundle, I doubt any of those games not on Steam will be getting Steam keys if they get Greenlit. You have to redeem your games through the Shiny Loot site and Shiny Loot hasn't been good at all about providing Steam keys after the fact on anything.
All of the games on greenlight show this on the Groupees page:

HHdqyWr.png

While they may not have the best track record for giving Steam keys, it's clear they're promising Steam keys for these games this time around.

All of the games on greenlight show this on the Groupees page:

HHdqyWr.png

While they may not have the best track record for giving Steam keys, it's clear they're promising Steam keys for these games this time around.
If we get them I would assume it would be on the Groupees side of thing, but I'm not getting any of the Greenlight games because I don't trust them.

When I picked up (via trade but still) Mosby's Confederacy from SL during their Black Friday sale, I didn't see that the page said "Steam keys (coming soon)". I sent them a message via their system when those keys would be available. They said in a few days, and it was true. But that's the limit of my experience with them.

Those douchebags charged $1 apiece for these Steam-enabled games on their website for Black Friday. Way to be, Shiny Loot.
Yeah, I only picked up Bollywood Wannabe during that sale. It'll probably be one of the bonuses. :roll:

Kingdom Elemental is apparently six+ years old (and no designs to get on Greenlight). Shame because it looked like the most interesting of the bunch (and if a game isn't on Steam it isn't a game). Alway entertained getting Hinterlands but... meh.
Are any of the games in the Shiny Loot bundle worth buying? I already have Hinterland, Children of the Nile (I'm missing the expansion), and the Lunar Pack.
Anyone want to comment on Hinterland or Children of the Nile? They're the only titles that looks interesting to me.
Yes, Kingdom Elemental, Hinterland, and Children of the Nile are fairly old titles. As I said the other week, I've had an old copy of KE that I bought back when Direct2Drive was a thing that existed and I also have Hinterland from the same place. CotN looks like a decent city-builder that IIRC got pretty good reviews when it was new.

Personally, because I have the majority of things that look worthwhile here, I'm waiting for a 1-game min for The Few, which is relatively recent and looks like it has potential and/or to see what the remaining bonuses are. I'm not too excited based on what I'm seeing in the base package (and of the first bonus) though.

I played Children of the Nile back in 2006. It was pretty good, with a good variety of mechanics and variation, e.g. resources, trade, cults, training of troops, wonders, etc. There were several different scenarios. The graphics were good for the time. I remember enjoying watching different Egyptians go about their daily lives. That being said, I tried to replay it about a year ago after I bought it on Steam. I was curious about the achievements they added. I couldn't get into it. It hasn't aged horribly, but I have also lost interest in those type of games.

I should add that if you like city builder sim games you should try it.

Bonuses seem like they'll be 'meh' -- I'll save my shekels towards a possibly BTA on the current Humble depending on what bonuses get added tomorrow.

Eww what's this?

"ALL KEYS AND FILES WILL BE DISTRIBUTED THROUGH SHINY LOOT.

You need to have or create an account on Shiny Loot to redeem your games: http://shinyloot.com/redeem "

I just assume you will be given keys to redeem on shinyloot which will then give you your steam/Desura/DRM Free copy. It makes sense given this bundle is undoubtedly intended to drive traffic to their site.

Bonuses seem like they'll be 'meh' -- I'll save my shekels towards a possibly BTA on the current Humble depending on what bonuses get added tomorrow.
Yeah, both are repeats. Shiny Loot's game selection may not be great, but they certainly could've done much better than those 2 bonuses.

bread's done
Back